Got pic related in the mail today. What should I expect

Got pic related in the mail today. What should I expect

60 hours of a shitty jrpg

it's okay

lacks any level of depth plot or gameplay wise but I am sure you knew what you were getting into

Vivi's character development is sort of nice but it's a game for kids

The worst FF ever made on the Playstation 1

get a load of this faggot

BIZARRO

tactics > 9 > 7 > 8, fite me

I'm Bizarro Stormy!

Nah, that's fair. I'd put Tactics after 7, personally, but they're all good and better than 8, besides. Everything except 2 is better than 8.

The garbage fire that is 13 before 8, really?

Also on 9
fight me

The best Final Fantasy Squeenix will ever make.

That's a good point and you're correct, but A i've been shitting on FF8 long before FF13 existed, and B i never actually played FF13 so i tend to forget how shit it is offhand and also that it exists.

1. I never played final hallway and we were talking about FF on the PS1
2. Garnet isn't so much her own character so much as she is the object of the quest: she is stolen from her mother. then her mother takes her back, and we have to get her back again; despite this she does grow up forgives her fake mom, and returns to save her country.

She manages to hit every point along the hero's journey of coming of age (ripped right from Hero with a Thousand Faces, tbh) although I have to agree with you on the point that she does very little besides growing up emotionally and experiences very little in the way of hardship that she herself overcomes (but she's a woman, so that's probably for the better)

but no I hear it's fun I hope you have fun user

Boredom.
Generic fantasy cliches.
No summons.
Literally glowing pink monkey as a protagonist.
Ass.
Boobs.

/thread

A mediocre game that squaresoft PR tried desparately to flog off as "back to the series roots".

Ah summer Holla Forums.

OP, its a fine game, lots of secrets (and missables), shittiest main character (Everyone is a better MC than him) , the story gets a bit convoluted but for a FF game that isn't uncommon. The story is pretty long because each of the characters have their own stories and little side quests, and there is a (better version of) card game. Lots of little mini games that I loved (or hated, fucking Quina and her bullshit frogs) which are necessary to get some good items, also chocobos are a big part of getting secret items. LOTS to do, but that is my gripe with the game, lots to do, lots to miss, especially with the Tales of Phantasia style story events that happen while you are controlling another character, which I find infuriating because if you miss one for whatever reason, you almost always miss out on an item.

I don't know how I got through it without a guide, years later I replayed it and I found I did very good (because I had NEET time to do shit).

If you take it at your own pace, it can be very fun. If you want to aspie and get every item with a guide, it might be a bit more stressful as some of the mini games and optional bosses (Ozma) are artificial difficulty bullshit.

Comfy

The best video game soundtrack ever produced.

I'll bet you probably didn't like Snow either.

I didn't play that, I can't say.

i want neo/v/ to leave.

great game, take as much time you need to play it. Don't rush it.

is fun until disc 3 when shit falls apart. would never play again. battle loading screens are dumb, combat is shallower than usual for an FF, the gameworld is relatively barren. best characters neglected for really really shitty ones.

gotchu fam