I played BOTW again to refresh my memory and make a better review

Original thread: archive.is/4qntI
I was pretty sleep deprived and tired as fuck when I made my original thread.

I'm going to space my thoughts out onto multiple posts because "muh comment body was too long".
So let's have a better look at this game.

I'm playing on Wii U because I don't have enough shekels to get a Switch. I pirated the game with the help of a friend with a USB stick and Wii U reformatting.

Part two:

Now let's talk about the NPCs

Secret to solving the twin shrines is take a picture u fuckin donut

lel
I just used a walkthrough.

All I feel is disgust.

Oh hey, I was in that thread. I need to finish my review as well.
The game is a solid 7.8

I was 77753b by the way, my review is most likely gonna be 12+ pages, if anyone cares to read it. I'll make it when I'm done doing some other thing, or I have a spark of hard motivation.

I got the DLC pass and the trial of the sword is way fucking harder than I was expecting. It's brutal not having any armor, you can have max hearts and still get wrecked by fucking up two dodges or parries. I'm a little "what's the point" about it, because I've already gotten like 100 hours of playtime out of this game and done everything there is to do so I'm gonna unlock a better master sword and then stop playing and never use the improved version. I guess there's the DLC pack 2.

As far as side quests and shit, I viewed just about everything in BOTW as an excuse to see more of the map. Memories, side quests, shrine quests, the main questline, the stupid bullshit dragons that fly around for no reason? It's all just to get you to explore damn near 100% of the map and see this world they've built. The goal isn't "defeat ganon" or "save all the people," it's "LOOK AT THIS MAGNIFICENT WORLD WE'VE CREATED AND WEEP AT ITS BEAUTY! ACCEPT ZELDA AS YOUR NEW OPEN WORLD GOD AND REJECT ALL OTHER SANDBOX GAMES AS THE INFERIOR COMPETITORS THEY ARE!" No two quests or diversions take you to the same place. Even the new map mode in the DLC is engineered to make you explore every remaining nook and cranny you might have missed, by showing where you've already been. And fuck me, it works. Using the new map mode, I found a whole section of river I had somehow missed with a stable and a few shrines peppered around.

The point of BOTW is to marvel at its splendor and everything else in the game is just a tool to that effect.

Your review could have been a bit more in-depth and not harp on certain points, but I appreciate the effort taken and the spirit of the thread. It's better than standard Holla Forums shitposting or template threads.

I solved the Twin Peaks shrine old-school style with pen/paper.

There's a camera built into the fucking game jesus

Just like the real world, I only use it to take garbage selfies with monsters.

Outside of mandatory segments, I used the camera approximately 0 times. Completely useless feature for faggots and women.

So in this DLC you have no armor during this "trial"? I hope it's fun. I thought combat is vanilla BoTW was fucking easy if you were good at timing dodges or if you just had a good shield. It would be a good change to get a little bit of a challenge. I fucking loved Eventide Island. When I get my next paycheck from work I'll get it. Already spent a lot on groceries already this week.

I just like to use it for taking landscape pictures of the area I'm currently in. The selfie shit is fucking cancer though.

BOTW isn't a game you play to beat. The bosses are easy. The story is not enjoyable. Half of the main characters aren't even likable. Just mess around, explore, and enjoy the outdoor locations and puzzles.

>><
new meme?

If there's any armor I haven't gotten to the part where they give it to you. You start with fuck-all and there's a stick lying on the ground, I believe your divine beast powerups are locked out as well. you start with the health and stamina you had when you start the trial. It's rooms with increasingly difficult/numerous enemies and structures to defeat, and you can use some of the stuff from crates to cook food and get a little healing but it's mostly weapons and arrows that drop.

What was wrong with it? It was annoying to climb up it, but it wasn't difficult. Could you not memorize the pattern?

Oh shit, this sounds fucking cool. I will be fucking livid if there's no really decent reward at the end, though. I don't want to go through a major fucking ball ache just for nothing, you know?

you don't need memory if you take photos of the output between each shrine

The reward is some kind of upgrade to the master sword. I haven't looked into it but I'm sure the answer is a google away. I hope it's "shit doesn't run out of power anymore."

I know, but I don't have the camera rune. I think I'm about to get it, though.

I've been using < as negative points and > as positive.

Op, would you say that BOTW is a good buy right now? I don't have either a Wii U or a Switch, so I'd also need to buy that too. I'm waiting for the Switch to become dirt cheap at some point.

I JUST GOOGLED IT AND IF YOU COMPLETE THIS DLC THE MASTER SWORD WILL NEVER RUN OUT OF POWER I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY

I myself would say go ahead. DO NOT FUCKING SPOIL ANYTHING FOR YOURSELF SWEET JESUS IT'S BETTER TO BE PLAYED BLIND AND DISCOVER SHIT.

I would however recommend buying it while it's on sale. I myself too, am waiting for the Switch to get cheaper because I REALLY want to play Splatoon 2.

But you could've just wrote actual paragraphs and let the reader think for himself whether or not it's negative or positive instead of just colour-hinting everything like some retard can't think for himself is going to read it. like are you fucking retarded?

See I'd rather have that if I still had ANYTHING ELSE left to do in the game. But I'm gonna get the sword the way it originally should have been, and then sit on it until the next DLC pack comes out because I've done everything already. Maybe I can do new game plus.

It still runs out of energy, it's just at a constant state of 60 damage instead of only hitting 60 in the presence of Malice

welp

Thanks my nigga, I'll wait for a sale. The payed online is bullshit though.

You'll be waiting a long time, lad. I'm just emulating the game, which has some frame issues and a few graphical bugs, but it's working with the framerate hook and alt textures. Play with Cemu 1.8.0 instead of 1.8.1, though. I hear that 1.8.1 is unstable. Also, grab the amiibo NFC tags if you want to use them. The best place to research Wii U emulation is unfortunately the Cemu subreddit.

Leave.

Fucking hell I wish there were more npcs around the beginning that told you about this shit. The only time I even heard it mentioned was in the loading screen tips. Then I tried it and my shield broke causing me to trips and roll the whole way down the hill taking damage as I went.

The emulation works alright. Quite a few crashes and this weird bug where it stops for a second or so every time it generates a new particle effect and writes a new file for the shader. There is somewhere over 5000 of these instances which I have encountered so far. I know because every time you start the game it loads them all with a progress bar that displays just how many there are to load and it gets longer every time.
My computer isn't amazing and I'm getting a decent 20fps on it.

I don't get pinktexting. It's being used mostly to differentiate different subjects talking more than anything else. I'm interested to see how it develops considering it's a feature with no real purpose.

Wii U version slows down to 20fps in quite a few areas. If you were to go that route, then you can pick up a refurbished one for $200 from Nintendo. Quality is like new. Works well for Wii games too.

I got a refurbished Wii U a few weeks ago to play BOTW. The quality is good, but not like new. The gamepad was fresh, but the console looked like it had been dropped a few times.

its called quoting you newfag

It's not quoting when it's being used to abridge OP's thoughts.

Link ragdolling down a mountain after breaking a shield surfing is so fucking funny I don't even get mad.

hehe watch this dancing baby :)

Jesus christ, this is the very first meme.

Guess I got lucky then. Worst I heard about were scratches on the plastic case. Mine had no visible damage.

Mine either, but it looks like a glassy piece a shit

Which one of you is cody?

Holy shit how much of a faggot are you? It's a 5x5 grid with 5 stones in it, 1 in each row. You only have to remember 10 numbers for both of them combined.
It even says "dude fucking remember the placement of the stones and use it to figure out the other one" right at the entrance of both. Hell, you could have just written it down on a bit of paper if you're too much of a tard to remember their placement.

It's hilarious because shrines were made with casuals in mind.

It takes a VERY long time to break though, a guy tested it and it seems to be around 160 hits, which may be inaccurate because he also mined with it and counted it as hits, and I think mining/harvesting damages weapons faster, so I'd guess 200 hits

I have it unlocked, so let me test it out

Master Mode is fucking bullshit

Oh and in addition
You only get unlimited Master Sword in Master Mode

Aren't you GLAD? Ugh, fucking GAMERS are so unappreciative nowadays!
Joking aside, I'd be fine with it if it actually unlocked new dungeons and shit, but it's the same shit.

Master Mode is a fucking disappointment because you have to start from the beginning of the game to get it. I put over 100 hours into the game already, and got all the shrines; I'm not starting this shit again from scratch.
I was excited to switch to Master Mode too.

Eh, once you know where everything is it isn't so bad, but nintendo can't be fucked but not to make the first part of the game as tedious as possible.

But the whole point of the game is exploring and finding everything. If I'm going through to find everything and I already know where it is, it's going to be really fucking boring. I also don't want to use a guide and just play connect-the-dots for dozens of hours to re-find all the shrines, not to mention re-make all my progress with sidequests and armor upgrades. Fuck that.

Zeldo is not worth buying a console over. I waited until the Wii U was dying until I bought one, and I still don't think there's enough games to justify buying one. Splatoon has given me way more entertainment than Breath of the Wild did.

I didn't have the camera when i got to that shrine. I had to write it down.

The camera is literally the first thing you get from Kakariko after you leave the Great Plateau, and there's no way you put up with zelda bitching at you until you got to dueling peaks.

Don't you get it from the next town after that?
The one with the square houses?

I know I used the in-game camera for the peaks and I don't think I waited THAT long to tackle them. When I first passed through the mountain I tried climbing it and didn't have enough stamina so it was a bitch and a half and I decided to come back later.

Speak for yourself. I know I didn't make it to Kakariko before at least my 15th hour of gameplay. In open world games, you're supposed to ignore the faggot quests and just do whatever you want.

There's literally a picture button on the controller. You don't need the in-game camera to take photos.
If that's too hard, just remember the numbers. Each shrine has 5 rows of 5 sockets, and each row only has one ball in it. Remember it as a 5-digit number and you're golden.