Is Skyrim an enjoyable TES game with heavy modding?

Kys if you give Zenimax Bethesda a penny, etc., but can a modded TES5 have any real merit beyond occupying mentally ill degenerates who like to jerk it to uncanny dolls?
I haven't played it or tried modding it for years, and I was bored far too early when I last did, but it can be a pretty game. Have modders dumped enough compatible TLC into it to fix the lazy trash of vanilla, or is it too much of a turd to polish?

An enjoyable TES game? No. No amount of modding can make Skyrim into a bad RPG, let alone a good one. Skyrim can, however, be modded into a perfectly passable survival game.

There's a thread like this every fucking day.
Anyway, no. No matter how many mods you bog that shitfest down with, it's still a railroady piece of reddit shit and it will leave you with a taste of bile and regret in your mouth.

No. Now fuck off Todd. Also, what's with all these TES shilling lately? It's because they're about to launch their paid mods site?

enjoyable right up until you cum and uninstall again

Yeah, sometimes every few months I get the hankering to run around the wilderness camping, and then I load a bunch of mods onto it that break the game because I need 200 minimum to render the game even slightly playable.
I legitimately don't even remember what vanilla Skyrim is like, except that it was drab, boring, and shitty. Modded Skyrim's not that different.

Maybe if you buy some premium mods from the new creator studio, goyim.

there are no good elderscrolls games.

No. Mods can't fix core problems, more so when the developers limit the abilities of the modders. The same will likely be true of Fallout 4. I say this as someone with over 300 hours logged in the game over various characters.

Those are "contractor-made DLCs", not paid mods, silly.

So not even any good alternative storyline mods? I never bothered with the main quest line, it was so uninteresting.
And how about Oblivion? It's been even longer since I played it, but didn't it come out sometime around the real turning point for Bethesda? Is it any good modded?

no amount of redditor-in-denial whining will stop me from selling you my game again, faggot

This was pretty much my last experience with it and I never touched it again. I guess it was for the better.

but I just got done reading several pieces of supremely comfy lore-filled Oblivion fanfic and I have a craving for TES that I'll probably be disappointed by

I mean, Nehrim is alright. My biggest issue with it is that it doesn't change combat enough, but I'm usually running 3-4 combat mods and perk overhauls on top of that, none of which work with Nehrim, as far as I know.
Very pretty areas, though, it was actually sort of fun exploring.

Ah yes, freelance programmers making mini DLCs, makes much more sense

The allure of Skyrim is to go about through a dungeon, sneaking and looking in the dark. It's to wander about in a huge seamless world and feel immersed because of it's vastness and the first person view. But then you realize that it's a bug fest. Combat has no semblance of balance. Enemies are too exploitable and glitchy. NPC's look boring and writing/voice acting makes them cringe worthy. Every dungeon starts to look like copy pasta and the armors and weapons look like shit. Then you slap some mods into it and try to salvage something. After that, you uninstall.

Dude, you are asking a bunch of weebshits who own switches and jerk of to cartoons if a western rpg game is good? Try somewhere else, this place is a joke and Mark is the gatekeeper.

more reason alternative boards are becoming more viable

FUCK YOU

some advice friendo

Back to the watch with ye.

Some of the oblivion mods are good. Deadly reflexes is nice and better cities and unique landscapes imo fix a lot. It's still shit though, but at least it makes exploring more fun. Also obscuros overhaul is fun since it gets rid of the whole 'everything is at your characters level' thing

GOT EM
You weebgoonshits are inbred fucking morons.

Nigger, I play mostly western games. Hence why I'm posting in a fucking Skyrim thread.

I like Skyrim unmodded, but don't tell Holla Forums

How?

Just play ultima underworld.

Why isn't there a turn-based mod yet?

Trying too hard >>>/somethingawful/

My condolences to your 10 dollary doos

If you don't consider modding Bethesda games as a kind of hobby you'll probably never get the modded game you want, I have hundreds of mods and I love browsing the nexus and modding my game while keeping it stable as possible. There's nothing like "install these 5 mods, the game is good now". It takes literally hundreds of mods to turn Skyrim and even Fallout 4 into good games, while a mod might seem small and insignificant they all add up to a great experience, and if you don't enjoy browsing and installing mods then you won't have the patience to install them all.

I always saw it as kind of like Linux, you have a base system that you can customize in any way you want, but only ricers who really care about that customization get the most out of it. I can honestly say I've spent more time installing and testing mods and stability over the years than actually playing the games.

It's kind of unique for me because I wouldn't touch a vanilla Bethesda game with a 20 foot pole, but with mods they are fucking great games. so I can't say I like Skyrim, it's a boring shit game, but with hundreds of mods it's really good. This is why the last Bethesda game I purchased was Fallout 3, 90% of the reason I play their games is because of what modders make and I would feel dirty giving Bethesda money.

Someone finally makes a mod that keeps the game unpaused no matter what menu you're in and you want turn-based Skyrim? How would that even work? Seriously, please explain.

Well for starters engine limitations, but really also demand as TES has never been Turn Based not even in the 90's. I could understand if you were asking about New Vegas (though again the answer there would be engine limitations).

Because I don't need a bunch of people telling me what to like. Or do you mean what I like about the game? I like open world RPG games where you can explore stuff and mess with the NPCs or wildlife. I also liked Far Cry 3 because of this. Now, the combat in Skyrim isn't good but at least it works, compared to the last game that I played which was Gothic 3 where the combat was pure crap.

But you can't mess with NPCs or wildlife in Skyrim. You can kill them, buy loot, or pick up quests. That's it.
Goddamn, you're the worst person in this thread by far. Next thing you'll tell me is that unmodded Oblivion is an engaging and interesting experience.

Wow, amazing! And where are all those other games where you can do crazy incredible things in the game world? Oh, that's right. There's only a handful of them. Most classic rpgs don't even have NPCs fucking walking.

I don't care what you or Holla Forums thinks to be honest, so alright, I guess. I am the worst person in this thread.

I jumped from Morrowind to Skyrim actually since I only lately got into TES and Skyrim seemed more interesting. So I don't have an opinion on Oblivion yet.

lol

Come on user, you can think up some better bait than this.

Ultimately you can't fix either the story OR the lazy world design.

Even Oblivion ranks higher than Skyrim these days and you know why? Because Oblivion had a lot of problems, at least it had interesting quests. Skyrim just has lazy quests that require no effort on either the player's or the developer's side.

Example: In Oblivion you'd get a quest to clear a cave of vampires and the NPC would give you a sword to kill them with.
In Skyrim, you get a quest to clear a cave of vampires/draugr any way you like and get the sword against undead afterwards.

In Oblivion, an NPC would ask you to retrieve a ring from inside a well. When you pick it up, you drown because haha the NPC was really a necromancer.
In Skyrim, you get a quest to retrieve a ring from a cave full of draugr and bring it to a guy in a different cave full of draugr who then turns out to be a necromancer and aggros you.

Skyrim is one of the most redpilled games, so yes.

if you have to fix a game yourself for it to not suck then it's not worth playing tbh

mods should always be seen as a "bonus" to a game not "essential content to have fun"

You can't turn Skyrim into an actually good RPG. What you can do is turn it into something else, like a child rape simulator.

It always pisses me off when people ask for "essential" mods for a first playthrough. Just fucking play the game, when you're done with it you can add whatever the fuck you think looks interesting.
The only exceptions are things like unofficial patches and bugfixes, because sometimes there's a good game buried beneath easily fixed issues.

Holy fuck, dude.

I never really use mods too much. Im a pure fag, and ive only really used mods for FNV for more perks and quests and shit.

As a TES game? No. You can turn it into a fun collectathon, if you install Legacy of the Dragonborn and all it's compatible mods. There's also some decent survival mods. You'll never turn it into a good rpg, though.

Go to steam/neogaf/gog and bitch about that shit to normalfags, nigger

No bethesda game is enjoyable, mods or not.

No. By the time you've modded it enough for a degree of fun you would have been better of playing an actually good RPG. Try something like Geneforge, Planescape or OG Baldur's Gate if you really need a WRPG.

My nigger.

It really depends on the content that comes out, the content they showed in the trailer instills no confidence in the concept even though contracting modders to provide content for your games post release is a great idea.

None of these games will give you a similar experience to playing an Elder Scrolls game.

Which is what, being dropped in an empty world and crashing every 10 minutes?

You're implying too hard. The TES experience is being immersed into a world so shallow with such glaring cracks that you cry yourself to sleep every night wishing someone would make the game you thought Elder Scrolls was for the first hour of gameplay.

I'm imploding, honey.

Why would you spend plenty of hours making a bad game decent when you could just play a good game with a tenth of the effort? It's not like it's your job to make the game good.

Dragon's Dogma does most things better than Skyrim anyway if you want an actual Action RPG. Hell, Skyrim isn't even a RPG since it doesn't even have stats or classes you can be. Just an Action Adventure game with a terrible perk system that is essentially a shit ton of passives instead of actual skills or abilities. And the few you get, like roll, is completely pointless in combat because it's terrible for dodging melee attacks and you can just sidestep most projectiles.

No it doesn't, please fuck off shill/retard kuun.

EYYY

What part of actually good RPG didn't you get?

I installed the special edition recently. Not as good at the original ultimate as no mods work for special edition.

Normal skyrim with a few of the "essential mods" is okay to play. Basically the mods are polish and fixes.

Does not make it good just makes it passable.

I guess I should shill then.

Like come on. We're comparing this to Skyrim. Many games doing tons of things better than Skyrim. Even Oblivion did many things better.

I have never finished Oblivion or Skyrim because I download a bunch of mods and then I get bored.

It's decent enough bait.