Far Cry

What's your favorite far cry game?

1 because its a proper shooter instead of being a skinner box QTE shitfest with no enemy variety.

2. But I can never play it until the end. I always forget what the story is about.
Same thing happens in Just Cause 2. I'm forced to smash so much shit to unlock more missions I forget what I was doing in the first place.

Blood Dragon. 3 is also great if you use that mod that makes the game actually challenging.

4, only because the environments are so nice

Trials of the blood dragon :^)

Any answer other than 1 is dumb, wrong, and probably communist as well. Blood Dragon is acceptable but only because it takes the piss out of itself.

Blood Dragon, Crysis, and Far Cry 1.

Far Cry 5 looks like a reskinned first-person version of
Wildlands, but instead of brown Christians, it's white Christians.

1 goes from great to shit-tier after the Trigens appear. Even with Dylan's Mod, 2 is awful and has zero gameplay variety. 3 is at least good the whole way through.

Crysis

Blood Dragon, but only because the focus was on the combat and not the stupid fucking collectionaton tower gameplay.

3 was my favorite, but they still butchered it and Vaas never truly delivered. He only appears like 5 times maximum.

2 was repetitive garbage, usually I can deal with repetitiveness but Far Cry 2 was just bad. Blood Dragon is probably my favorite of the ones I've played, but I haven't gotten to 1 yet so that's subject to change.

1>>>>>>>>>> Primal> 2>>>>>>>>>> dead dog asshole>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3

3 because of the 4-player co-op side story.

And once he's gone the story gets boring and you get access to the other part of the island where it looks like something made at the last minute, with outposts duplicated everywhere for the sake of having something to do.

1, its the only good one as well

1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blood Dragon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everything else

Really close call between the XBOX ones and the first but I'm gonna go with the first, if the XBOX ones were on PC though it would be different.

1>2>shit>3=Blood Dragon

Whats so goo about the Xbox one?

Replace 2 with Blood Dragon and that list is objectively correct.

Aside from its top tier atmosphere and level design FarCry 2 is garbage.

They take the FC1 premise and go full cheese, and also give you superpowers, they're definitely not the same style as the others but I find them fun regardless.

I'm not going to defend 2, I'm just here to point out Blood Dragon is trash.
All it's got is aesthetics. It's shit in every other aspect. Which shouldn't be surprising, since it's 3.

3 is best Far Cry and is the way Far Cry SHOULD BE AND FEEL LIKE

Any answer other than 3 is dumb, wrong, and probably communist as well. Blood Dragon is completely fucking retarded because people TIED TO SELL THE GODDAMN THING.

Fair enough, it is 3 but better designed and just more satisfying overall.
Still pretty meh

Hows the gameplay?

This is bait

2 is still prettu bad regardless

Hipster as fuck. 3 is everything 2 tried to do, with actual variety to the gameplay instead of a kevlar-nigger respawning checkpoint simulator.

Was not a very good game, but it had some decent features. I wish more games had jamming weapons or require you to pull out a real map instead of having a minimap.

3 is a kids game, on the same level as the latest splinter cell, doom, and cod. Casual trash game.

The only one i have ever played is the first one. Every time i would make it to the mutant gorillas part and just lose all the interest there, i think i have tried to beat that game at least five times now.

Stealth is easier, going loud is more arcadey, gun feel quite good and there's some degree of dual wielding.
It kinda becomes proto-arcadey Crysis once you get the mutant powers
If you can play it give it a try..

Yet 2 is even more casual, with zero depth or variety.

Why? All the levels from Research to Cooler are the best part of the game. Do you just hate the combat?

I don't know.
I guess the change of enemies rubs me the wrong way, same thing with crysys 1.

The trigen are much less omnipresent than the aliens comparatively, you're also kind of expected to let mercs vs trigen encounters play out on their own and get the fuck out before one side win.

Hilariously, it actually gets worse as you push on, since humans largely get replaced by these retarded mutant supersoldiers that are just shitty damage sponges that are even less fun to fight than the little ayylmao gorillas.

Hello, marketer.

Your series is as boring as it could possibly get. At least the first one had a few novel ideas at the time.

How's primal?
Was looking to pick up some barbarism type games.

Trigen are casual filters and die easily if you're not complete shit at the game.
The only bullshit unfun parts of the game are the two forced turret sections and that part with the Elite Mercs in the giant mazelike dark room.
Most shit dies with 1 or 2 burts from an AR or 1/2 shots from the shotgun.

Its shit, play Mount & Blade

>that part with the Elite Mercs in the giant mazelike dark room
That fucking thing is nearly what halted my first realistic playthrough, now I'm more inclined to say the cooling tower with shield guys and the turret sections are shit., the elite warehouse is still hard as fuck and bordering unfun but there's a couple strats that make it much more enjoyable still provided you still have a bunch of sniper ammo to spare.

Back in the day I really liked 2, though I never played the first one. Don't like Far Cry 3 or Far Cry 3.1, not even going to bother with 3.2.

I tried to play FC 2 again recently though after not playing it in years and I discovered that all the guns in the game are left handed

(checked)
All the weapons are cocked mid mag.
Springfield 1903 rifle is for some reason mag fed.

Go play the first one faggot, its great, just make sure to get the fan patch that fixes the NPCs seeing through tents

I don't remember that, is it that part where you first get the G36 and you have to climb a huge spiral of stairs?

Yeah that one, I have yet to find a way to do that without camping the door until most people are dead.

That part is pretty easy user
Just grenade launch or grenade the first few and shoot the ones at the top.

I though the shield fuckers were explosive resistant.
Oh well, goes into the same box as giant mutant having a weakpoint that's not their heads.

instincts, evolution and predator are better than all the other farcry games, prove me wrong

Homefront: Revolution was the best Far Cry game. :^)

Far Cry Instincts Predator. The multiplayer in that game was great. Player made game modes like shark tank, cops and robbers, obstacle courses, and even just the regular predator mode + steal the sample were damn fun on all the custom maps.

Ive never played any to completion but i've been told 3 is the best.

All wrong

t. butthurt 1 purist.

2. Haven't played 1 though. Later games became just a playground to fuck around in, 2 was rough and largely unpleasant.

If I was a purist New Vegas wouldn't be my favorite of the Fallout trilogy.

1 is the best game, its Crysis without the handholding and with more hectic combat.

I like Far Cry 2 the most as a concept, though it's not a very good game. The idea of being a struggling, barely surviving, disease-afflicted murderer in some shit hole African country is unique. You get the impression of the brutality and horror they wanted the player to experience, but the game never quite goes far enough. Instead, you just sorta drive around in circles in the most boring way possible. If it had been a bit more like STALKER and less tedious, it would have been a classic.

The Far Cry series, including the first, fucking sucks. Far Cry 1 absolutely explodes at the seams and turns into irredeemable shit the moment the mutants appear. It's like how Crysis falls to shit the moment the aliens turn up. Blood Dragon is the closest thing to a "good" game, but it's short and the gameplay is pretty bland shooter stuff.

Underage 7th Gen shitters shouldn't be allowed to post on this board.
then again 90% of the board would be gone

See

trigen ruined far cry 1 and if you think it's acceptable clearly age doesn't determine taste

Yeah man, totally ruined
Lets also pretend like the part where you're on an island full of them with no weapons and have to avoid them isn't tense and fun as fuck.

I'd rather be called a puritan than like a shitty games.
You remind me of the normalfags that saw Fallout 1/2 footage when 3 came out.

Two is the best and two will always be the best.

I would've liked Wildlands if you could turn the fucking hitmarker sound off and the AI was braindead retarded.

No user, it's CLIP FED THROUGH THE BOTTOM

none of them

I played through it twice, the voice acting in that game is definetly one of the worst ever, its so bad that the story is completely overshadowed by it, and 2 story is by far the best in the franchise.

Far Cry 1 i think i played 3 times on the hardest difficulty and one on normal just to see the difference.

3 i wanted to drop on a mission where you would fail if you didnt follow the waypoints like a retard, only god knows why i finished that trash.

4 i got a helicopter and a grenade launcher and just went to ground floor to get more ammo, captured every outpost in like 2 hours.

Primal i got 100% without leveling up anything, remove the hud and auto aim, and ignore all the retarded powers you get if you level up, and that game is second only to Far Cry 1

I played it for a few hours and quit.
But it's also the Far Cry I've put the most time into.

thanks

for

your

input

Farcry, Farcry 2, Farcry blood dragon, Farcry primal.

They're all shit.

F
O
R

Y
O
U

be nice to ubi soft or they will dox you and your family

Hold up, are people in this thread actually saying that primal is fun?
If so, should I give it a shot?

Far Cry Instincts is the only one I ever enjoyed.

Does Crysis count? If not then probably 1 though I hear Instincts was actually quite good.

Up until you discover webm related

how dare you pretend a PC master raceā„¢ game has any flaws, this is obviously faked and modded and also gay fuck you console plebeian this is obviously not real these games have no flaws and if they do you can just mod them

and also crysis didn't have the exact same issues with the AI going into the water and drowning itself years later than far cry no way did it that's a lie perpetuated by the console menace

The one where they let you side with Pagan Min.

O wait.

Seems about right

How about you read the thread next time consolenigger?

you are actually defending the trigens, you dumb nigger

At least FC2 gave us the imfdb page, shit's hilarious.

literarily the best thing to come from the game

Step aside, best game in the series coming through.

What are Super Mutants doing in Far Cry?

They're a part of the game you dumb fuck

not saying its the best game but FC3 with that live action mini series was a really smart and cool way to promo the game and 'vaas'tly more entertaining than the game itself
could of been a cool netflix series honestly, shame there wasn't any buck in it

SAGE AND HIDE ALL CORPORATE SHILL THREADS

No, eat shit nigger, Trigens made an otherwise cakewalk of a game into a tense cat and mouse game that constantly alternated between Mercs and Mutants.

Nothing makes you feel more like a badass than shooting the fuck out of 5 mutated Aboos in the night as the moon shines on the jungle filled with corpses, bullet holes and blood.
Not until F.E.A.R one year later anyhow.

Farcry would be excellent if you had the bush war and it wasn't developed by Cucks.

just go into shoulder high water lmao you fuck
suck cocks in first person

You do know that this only really works in a few select places only in that one level and only with unarmed giant ones and that most of the time you'll get mangled to death before even being able to bait one into water right?

Oh boy a cuckchan consolenigger, that makes it even better
>>>/cuckchan/

user please, he probably got to the tents without the fan patch and just uninstalled the game.

Could have been an awesome stealth series where the fear wasnt death, but just failure.