Anti-Russian hysteria

Why out of all Trump's policies is the reapproachment with Russia generating such hysteria?

Is it because US foreign policy is made on an elite/non-democratic level and the established elites are angry that what was essentially tacitly agreed on by both major parties has been changed?

When did all this agitprop against the Russkies start anyway? I can recall Western Europe and North America going full assrage over that "anti gay" bill the Duma passed right before the Sochi Olympics (really just a harmonization of a bunch of existing laws in individual republics within the RF).

But honestly, the depth of the hysteria worries me. It's obvious that Trump has pissed off an element of the deep state that is absolutely opposed to any sort of decent relationship with Russia.

What scares me is that so many ordinary people are lapping it up and actively espousing neo-con/liberal internationalist stuff. Look at them on Twitter, they're liberals unironically retweeting Bill Kristol and shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/trump-rex-tillerson-vladimir-putin-russia-exxon-2016-12
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

CIA and many international relation/security think tanks are part of he deep state and have an immense propaganda network.

Project for the New American Century tells you all you need to know about how things like the neo-con's think.

During Obama's presidency, Brezinsky also played a major role in things like the New Cold war against Russia and possibly the inception of TPP.

It's weird to me because on a geopolitical level, if you get rid of ideology, Russia and US are natural allies.

China are untrustworthy allies towards Russia. They feel that the land around of the Amur River is Chinese land by right, they also see Siberia as a natural extension of the PRC north being a sparsely populated place.

It actually makes perfect sense given the rising power of China and its increasingly irredentist outlook, for RF and USA to be allies.

A lot of old people still view Russia as the evil empire and see any opposition to America to be against God and/or Freedom (TM)

I don't think it's the same demographic. I'm seeing mostly young people on social media shilling for hardcore neo-liberalism. There are a few boomers, but again, they're libs.

You're right, I guess it depends on where you're looking. Online it's young people they have bought the Russian hacking meme, but in my general dealings with people it seems like it's the older ones that think Russia is the Boogeyman.

I just don't get why these people hate Assad and Putin so much. They're clueless monolingual libs whose experience of the world is confined to Whole Foods ethnic groceries.

These are the 21st century useful idiots. Here's how it works.

CIA and co (NGOs, think tanks and other fronts) decide they want something cause reasons (in this case, Russia is too big and with too many resources)).

Fake news is planted in complicit press (the 45 minute claim re Iraq was started by the CIA and UK security services then 'leaked' to eastern euro press. The western media (guided or organically) pick up this story then 'investigate', eventually leading to public outcry and demands for action))

The media, particularly the modern trend of 'virtue signalling' amplifies this original claim and supposedly independent groups march in 'solidarity' (always that fucking word) with the oppressed.

The CIA and co (shadow gov) then 'heed' these calls to action by talking heads and students and enact the policy they first intended but couldn't enact without justification, that they just built.

Tis called 'problem reaction solution'.

I think a lot of the press dislike Putin simply because they see him as illiberal though. There was a big effort to turn him into a boogeyman prior to Sochi because he was personally holocausting gays etc.

Oddly enough there haven't been similar antipathy directed towards Qatar over their hosting of the 2022 World Cup and vastly more abhorrent record on gay rights.

It's weird. One thing I agree with Holla Forums on is that I think white libs, on some subconscious level, hold non-whites to a lower standard. They see Russians as "white" and therefore expect them to behave in the same way Western European and North American whites do, and it sort of… short circuits their brains when they don't.

Because they're exactly like you said. Wealth helps create a layer of insulation from reality, and it's easy for modern media to inject all sorts of bullshit into that comfy barrier to create a false consciousness.

"Muh evil oppressive dictatorships!"
"They're not nice to gays"
That's really it, it's all social signaling for them

Illiberal AND nationalist. Nationalists don't sell out their country to scumcunts.

As to the observation you share with Holla Forums, it's pretty hard to say this is anything but fully accurate.

Why do people pretend as if Russia is some great communist soviet nation? They are pretty much capitalists as well.

And Teump refuses to say anything bad about Russia, not because of some pee pee tape but because he most likely profits heavily between them himself

It's not about sucking Trump's dick, it's that Hillary would have been far, far more dangerous in terms of foreign policy. That's not an exaggeration or fearmongering, she wanted to overrule even hawkish generals in establishing a no-fly-zone over Syria.

Yeah, it seemed like the last few weeks before the election she was really turning up the war with Russia rhetoric

Wut? She lost, why are you even discussing about what if Hillary would do?

Also I don't see how you find the usual masses worrying because they believe in anything the media/CIA tells them and not the fact that there are some retards who believe trumps baseless comments like they re the word of god.

One is far more Fanatical and dangerous while the other happens mainly due to msinfiromation and the information they have available which is "logical" to a degree compared the insane religious cult of trump supporters

Because as the apparent mouthpiece of the CIA et al, the military, Democratic party, and economic elite it's reasonable to believe that her official stated positions are representative of their interests, so if Trump's position is opposed to that interest then he is the superior anti war candidate.

Gotta go further than that. Georgia it started to pick up pace. But there had been whispers of Balkanisation of Russia since the collapse of the USSR.

I think it was really when Putin took power things started going bad. Putin tried to windback the 'economic shock therapy' of his predecessor.

There is something that I'm still missing though. Bush and Putin were able to get along at least for most of Bush's first term.

Russian Federation is Kleptocracy, and is very obviously controlling Trump regime, just look at his Sec of State pick and constant praise of Putin.

This whole thing is just importing Kleptocracy back to the US.
After that, we enter Corporate Feudalism aka Dark Enlightenment.

That's what is happening.
Stop defending Kleptocracy, my dudes.

There are 2 cases
1)the elections are a big show thus Trump isn't anything new, just a way to make idiots believe Trump is the savior and nothing will change aside from trump using his power to profit himself

2)Trump won because the world isn't simple and controlled by a big evil group of rich.
This he won by lying and manipulating people who are this naive they believe a rich porky will help them.

I fear the fanatics far more since they are leaning towards the fascist side of things

And wanting Russia and US to unite is even more dangerous because it ll firm the imperialistic capitalistic grip over the world

Putin even helped out early on in the "war on terror" didn't he?

If I had to guess the rub came with China's proposed Silk Road through Asia, which would cut the knees out from under the US's pivot to Asia shit, and that Russia iirc is unwilling to oppose it.

I'm entirely certain those aren't the only two cases.

Where did you morons come from?

From a land where we draw conclusions from actual facts.

Without googling, can you even tell me who Trump's Sec of State is, and further, why that pick confirms my opinion that Trump is Russia-controlled?

I don't fucking care whether Russia is a kleptocracy, a democracy or a full on Czardom. I'm just sick of needless, meaningless war and conflict perpetrated by internationalist liberalism dude.

Trump wants a Russian detente, so he selected someone with close relations to Putin/The RF as his Sec. of State. Are you dense, motherfucker? It's the same reason Reagan hand-picked someone who answered only to him as his Ambassador to the SU.

If you don't want imperial war, why support warlike empires?

I wasn't aware that not wanting casus-belli provocations against Russia meant I "support" them, libby.

Isn't Reddit more your place?

Because Saudi Arabia who funds these things stands to lose substantial power and influence from the US and Russian relationship thawing out.

Ah, so the Arctic Drilling has nothing to do with it, and Crimea was liberated and Putin isn't the richest billionaire on earth, he just scrapes by on a meager government salary?

Tillerson is a dove of peace?

But where, where are the proofs Billy?

I read on CNN that they played the Russian national anthem instead of the US one at Trumps inauguration.

You're going off tangent. How is this related to your hypothesis that Trump is controlled by Putin?

The US knew damn well what would happen if an outside force attempted to prize Russia's only warm-water port away from them.

Believe it or not, but the major US Oil & Gas companies have all consistently lobbied against and opposed US intervention in the middle east.

That's an established fact by the way.

God. Don't you even read HuffPo?

Uh huh

google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/trump-rex-tillerson-vladimir-putin-russia-exxon-2016-12

Obama and the EU lost Crimea to the Russians therefore Trump is controlled by Putin.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Again. Do you realize how many people appointed to diplomatic posts have relationships with foreign dignitaries? It's the entire reason they're appointed in the first place, you clueless lib. Fuck off.

Do you think the US diplomatic staff in the KSA are proof that the KSA has the US in its pocket too?

I lol'ed. Is Trump also controlled by Duterte too?

How does he coordinate his control with Putin? Do they take alternating days?

Holla Forums, a division of Russia Today

Nice try neolib.

Do you also propose sanctions and saber-rattling against the Turks too? How about the KSA for their military adventurism against the Houthis in Yemen?

They combine their powers like captain planet.

So for example Putin handles things like slaughtering muslims.
Where as Trump is on hand if they need a big beautiful wall building.

That's such bullshit framing, we can only choose between shooting war and public fellatio, there is no option outside of those two.

Bullshit. There's a place between there where we can recognize Russia as hostile capitalist imperialists, and yet not shoot at them

While it's true that Putin has ties to some of the oligarchs and gives some of them governorship, he did in fact brought an end to the rampant exploitation under Jelzin where your description of a feudal kleptocracy would really apply. Putin at least controls the oligarchs and prevents them from doing atrocities and life has been stabilized a lot for the average Russian, despite the economic recession. Putin is like Sulla during the end of the Roman Republic.

You were the one creating the dichotomy in the first place.

I simply stated Hillary Clinton was vastly more dangerous than Donald Trump on foreign policy, and it's a documented fact that she was and is more hawkish.

You then went onto some autistic CNN-induced rant about how everyone on Holla Forums loves fellating Russia and works for Russia Today.

By the way, what's your criteria for recognizing people as hostile imperialists? Do the same standards apply to the KSA, to Turkey, to the PRC? Do you realize how many countries we'd need to sour relations with if we were to hold everyone else to the same standards neolibs wanted to hold Russia to?

So it's only bad evil capitalist empire if the US does it? Yes, I hold everyone to the same standard. What kind of liberal retardation says it's okay as long as it's not the US doing it?

The fuck? I want the best for the US, which is why I oppose the US needlessly hamstringing and alienating themselves.

Believe it or not liberal internationalism has done far, far more damage to America's international standing than machiavellian national self-interest has. Bombing and killing until universal suffrage is achieved is generally opposed.