Trump scraps TPP and outlines trade war agenda

wsws.org/en/articles/2017/01/23/trad-j23.html

By Mike Head
23 January 2017

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Firewall
twitter.com/AnonBabble

RIP in piss TPP; you won't be missed

In case you were wondering about the intellectual level of Holla Forums's discussion about the news

holy shit. i hope you where able to appeal that

This is actually a good thing. TPP = corporate dictatorship and muh privilege over the right of consumer (or lack of consumer) choice.

Under TPP, taxpayers could be sued by corporations if their products are not being bought by citizens. It's fucking forced consumerism, with a penalty for those who chose not to consume.

Why did the word r i g h t get censored and replaced here? WTF? Open discussion not allowed?

Pretty much everyone that has been here for more than an hour knows that this is an outright lie.

right

p r i v i l e g e wordfilters to muh privilege just to fuck over SJWs that come here to bitch

This is one article where WSWS is just flat out wrong. I felt like I was reading an article from The Economist rather than from WSWS.

i know, i was just surprised that mods would replace word "right"

So is WSWS seriously blaming World war 2 on trade wars?

They're saying that the economic disorder of the 1930s created the conditions for WW2 to happen, not that they caused WW2.

Gonna test this:
right

Trump is shit in a lot of ways but he does at least deserve credit for this…

Reddit already seething

By crashing the US's economy, Trump will do more for Leftism than ten Lenin's taped together.

Why?

Holla Forums is shit.

Clinton had backed away from the TPP to appease the Sanders camp, too. But to be fair, suspicions of Clinton's devotion to anti-TPP calls are totally justified. Trump's devotion has yet to be seen, but the TPP may have already effectively died.

Trump isn't going to crash the US economy. The fact that Glass-Steagal is still RIP and nothing's really preventing another '07/'08-style bubble burst pretty much guarantees a major recession. He'll just make it worse.

Yeah this isn't happening and if it happens its more shit for us than good, its more shit for anyone than good.Nobody here is qualified to take on the UN's job for them, nobody here gives enough of a shit.

I just see no fucking reason why this is on the menu at all for the US Government

This is a joke

I just hope he doesn't stir too much shit with China. World wars only ever kill workers.

Though says the TPP was actually aimed to hurt China, which rings true looking at the participants. Interesting times.

Starting wars at this point is fucking bougie and pointless and so is dismantling only to impoverish people, and our cheering on of poverty as a tool than a tragedy, is barren and obvious and lifeless.

As soon as the Fed raises rates, which Trump wants them to do, the economy will pop like 1929

Trade deals aren't about enriching anyone other than porkies.

Neither is cheering on things going down the drain for the point of it, if you invest in what the US Government and the US economy EVER does, they win by advantage of hooking you in emotionally, which is only where values lie at this point unfortunately.

Cheering on poverty growing for the sake of a "bigger left", is going to be the death of a possible larger left.

The TPP would have impoverished a lot of people. Free trade booster always lie about the effects of their agreements. It's important to never listen to them.

I'm talking about cheering removal or acceptance of the TPP, should both be seen as negatives, because both have negative outcomes and nobody is winning

It's important to never trust politicians who bank on PR from this move either

It's all still horse shit

The TPP wasn't just a trade deal, it encompassed all sorts of legal harmonization too. Would have allowed for US law firms to establish themselves across Pacific Asia and sue on the basis of what is essentially US law.

It also included all sorts of pants on head retarded immigration laws, like:

1. MNCs not even being required to disclose the number of requests for visas they have made and received.

2. MNCs in the US being able to hire randoms from the rest of the TPP zone without even having an interview process. I shit you not.

There is a huge amount of literature on just how broad ranging the TPP was, it is an assault on just about everything: Worker's rights, national sovereignty and so on.

Within hours of assuming power, Trump’s White House web site not only affirmed his intention to withdraw from the TPP. It placed that decision side-by-side with a demand for the renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) with Canada and Mexico, adding to the consternation in capitals around the Asia-Pacific, especially in Tokyo, Mexico City, Ottawa and Canberra.

WTF I love Donald Trump now.

If you point out that one of their fake Talmud quotes is fake and doesn't exist you get banned. If you point out that the Fed was created by WASP's to preserve British-American banking interests you get banned. If you point out the reichsmark was printed at interest under the Nazis you get banned. if you point out thay Hitler's economy was based on going to war and stealing resources like a nigger you get banned

WW2 especially the Pacific theater was largely induced by trade wars and economic disputes like the ones Trump is encouraging (Russia-Qatari oil conflict), (China-Japan-US S China Sea conflict)

He's not really encouraging it, East Asian nations have been practising suppressed consumption driven export policies and trade mercantilism for decades.

At the last round of major TPP talks the Japanese wanted exemptions for American rice in the domestic market because "Japanese people's intestines are longer than Americans". Similarly they've also pulled shenanigans with US skiing equipment claiming that it won't work on Japanese snow because Japanese snow is "different". Then you've got the whole history of Japanese governments selectively auditing countries that choose to pick too many foreign vendors. Not to mention the fact that the Chinese economy is still very much centrally directed (the huge uptick in auto exports a few years ago was because they forced a bunch of major auto manufacturers to consolidate). Then on top of that you've got use of the great firewall as a protectionist measure to protect domestic web services firms, to full on criminal tactics against foreign competitors who do make it through the firewall, to the absurd technology transfer deals they require, to the fact that when a foreign manufacturer does get an opportunity to sell into the Chinese market its with strings attached that make it basically worthless for any western or non-Chinese workforce (see; Shanghai Volkswagon basically having all of their value add occur over there) etc etc.

The notion the liberal media are peddling, that China is some new champion of free trade in lieu of the US is nonsense. China will always protect its industries in a way successive American administrations were too stupid to.

It's actually a pretty similar situation to run up to the depression, low interest rates, lots of money from the Fed being pumped into the market, even Hoover shares a lot of characteristics as Trump

That's Chinese.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Firewall