Dragon Ballz

What are the better DB-DBZ games? Let's try and include the lesser talked about retro and handheld games as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vTpC580fR78
youtube.com/watch?v=LzZl5fAdaL4
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z2ACNX8EA4
youtube.com/watch?v=KrvUn7_nI6A
youtube.com/watch?v=lIH9uas-uPk
youtube.com/watch?v=bueeN9lMe0g
youtube.com/watch?v=0E9pEtxdXHU
youtube.com/watch?v=6TkZAmYaHTc
youtube.com/watch?v=woHtuw_xtcc
youtube.com/watch?v=7bm7pSz9x7s
youtube.com/watch?v=jpkeAQG6kQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure on GBA is the best DB game and no one can prove otherwise.

If you want a more obscure game Attack of the Saiyans was really good, though it's a damn shame it doesn't at least end after Namek. Still, it bridges a time period between Ball and Z, has some interesting little side stories, and is a decent little JRPG to boot.

Legacy of Goku 2, Buu's Fury, Ultimate Tenkaichi 3 also I liked the weird boardgame-esque story mode of Budokai 2

Why is the '93 version so much better? I can't put my finger on it.
I also really liked the first Xenoverse game Human+blue hurricane+Let me show you my evolved self=best build. I own the second one but haven't played it yet so I don't know if it's any good.

That was one of the best GBA games out there.

wait a second which color is trump's hair?

I mean trunk's hair

err trunks's

Trunks'

Fucks up twice, fixes it, fucks up again by trying to fix it
>Kill yourself.
Also it started purple, but as the series went on it became more like his mom's blue hair.

No no, this is better.

Because the '93 version is from a movie with a higher budget than just a regular episode.

Better question was, why was the GBA ports always the best port of any game in general. Also how does origin, and origin 2 compare?

The origin of the word "animation" is the latin word "anima" which means soul. 2016 is CGI and 1993 was drawn by an actual person, it has soul. This is the one thing that makes CGI by definition worse than drawn. Sure there's more to it, CGI is 300x better than hand drawn stick people. But good CGI cannot possibly be better than good hand-made (manipulated on a computer is okay too, but only manipulated). A similar thing happens on music and it's part of the reason why all current-day and electronic music is by definition shit.

The problem isn't CGI itself. The problem is CGI and other electronic tools make it easier for people without any talent to produce content rather than people having to put in time and effort.

It certainly lacks soul, but your hipstery definition fails to address why. In both examples the ability to make better art is amplified today, but the artists can't be assed to do better.

Some of these things I listed that came to mind have nothing to do with the tools or funding, but the skill of the artists involved.

why not both

Fixed that for you

Anyone else brute-forced through the story mode of this? I really liked the battle system back then.

Because the GBA was a beast of a machine. 32-bit for fucking 2D graphics and it was the bee's knees. The only downside was the weak sound.
It's so good because developers knew what they were making, and they had the power to do it well. The genres were established, but there was also horsepower to mess with things and make them pretty and smooth, since they didn't have to render at full TV resolution.
The GBA is a serious contender for my favourite console of all time.
Not only did it have amazing ports and remakes, but the sheer number of crazy good experimental shit on there was awesome, and none of it was held back by shitty touch-screen phone controls or IAPs or cooldown timers or junk.

The best game guys

I don't disagree entirely but whoever made this image is a faggot. Also, Tenkaichi 2 > Tenkaichi 3

fuck off dragon ball pooper shill

Pure shit. Nothing beats Faulconer.

I'm not defending DB:S' abhorrent quality, but comparing a TV series to an OVA is like comparing a sculpture by a college grad to a master artisan. Also, the quality of most of the Cell Saga was garbage in general.

Legacy of Goku 2 and Buu's Fury were also very good. LoG 1 not so much. Other than that Shin Budokai on PSP was pretty alright from what I remember and so was Budokai 3.

I know but at least they didn't compromise on the fighting scenes during cell saga

also relevant

I'll only say in Super's defense that the quality bumped up slightly after Toriyama threatened to cancel the 2nd time, around the time the multiversal tournament arc began. It's not possible to defend Super before that, and even afterwards the quality can be iffy at times.

You brought this on yourself, OP.

you fucking idiot, Toriyama is in no way involved with super

I hated how the in the early episodes of 2011 HxH there were no lighting effects, it looked like the rooms were all excessively lit.

1999 HxH definitely had the better mood and atmosphere. It kind of felt like a SNES/PS1 RPG for some reason, had that kind of vibe.

2011 is superior outside of the first story arc.
Got a problem? fuck you

You kids and your CGI moeshit.

You are objectively wrong.

There was still censorship in the 1999 Yorknew City arc.
There is none in the 2011 version.

You are a child.

wew lad
All that other crap, including the character designs being better, when they are exactly the same is just your opinion, man.

You could try doing this WITHOUT the blatant lies, but you'd never win any objective argument, so I guess that would just be suicidal.

Also, you can talk about censorship all you want but I'll just keep pointing you to Jones' heart in a bag. "Oh, b-but that was j-j-just the first arc! It got better!" Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Still doesn't bother me.
It was always a shit arc.
The series didn't even get good until The Spiders show up.

Actually, he is right.

His taste is rightfully shit.

Any decent games from nes-ps1

I'm just glad the animation quality has gone up since the abysmal Black arc.

You cheeky fucker

My rankings.

The Legacy of Goku/Buu's Fury Games, Xenoverse, and Super DBZ are also good

I remember enjoying the first Budokai game on PS2, especially split screen with friends. I was 13 though so idk if it's actually any good.

Best DBZ fighting game.

Really poor bait

You think people who bitch about animation day in and day out would eventually learn about budgeting, workflows, the difference between TV/OVA/theatrical animation and how things differed 20 years ago. The reason Super's animation was so bad initially was because Toei have always been dirt cheap and delegate a small amount of animators for their shows. If you watch Super now, it looks "better' but it's still cheap, mainly because anime on TV has always had shoestring budgets since the days of Astro Boy.

Never have I wanted to strangle someone with such a milquetoast faggoty voice, holy shit. And many of his arguments are really fucking disingenuous and scatter shot.

The cutscene things were cool, but some of them ran a little too long and were hard to get to proc.

What are the good, non-fighting games, besides Advanced Adventure? The JRPGs seem interesting, but I'm not big on JRPGs in general.

Except he his. He gives the general guidelines on what should happen in the series to the anime and manga writers, who then write around those guidelines. That's why the manga and anime generally follow the same stories, but can differ in the details. Both interpret Toriyama's instructions differently. I'm sorry, but this isn't a GT situation.

I just hope they fix Trunks' eyes in the BD version.

Toriyama also cheats because he can react to the bad press the tv series gets. Like how manga Goku is significantly smarter then over exaggerated version Goku Super decided to follow. Regardless though, I hope they take the manga version for that same reason. Even for the sake of comedy, it doesn't even come off as funny.

Although there where some good comedy moments.
Also

Honestly, with the whole SSJB thing, Goku getting excited about Uub seems silly. He significantly overpowers Buu, now, so I don't see how a reincarnated Buu would prove to be much of a challenge for him.

It would've been a great game if it wasn't simply unfinished.

Toriyama's assistant is writing the manga, you mongoloid
also, the manga is supplementary material to the TV anime, they're only adding up stuff they missed/not explained in there

This is the best DBZ game ever made.

Is Supersonic Warriors 2 worth getting or did Extreme Butoden expand on it? They both look pretty similar.

It certainly had potential. It had all the mechanics in there. It just needed more fighters.

But that's not true. There is a shit ton of tv anime with great animation. Not all studio are equal.

anyone know if Kai the Final Chapters have been uploaded anywhere yet?

It's pretty shameful to learn that animators have the lowest pay when it comes to anime. They outsource a lot of it to mostly pay the voice actors. I don't get why they make so much.

threadly reminder that T3 is the best DB game

Was it really that bad?

Xenoverse 1 is iredeemable dogshit. 2 is pretty decent but the PC port was bad and the netcode non-functional for the first 5 months so most people forgot about it.

I wouldn't say it was that bad. It was more of a basic DBZ sim but little else.

Suddenly it all makes sense. The longer the series goes on, the less money they have for the animation budget.

XV1 wasn't that bad. It was pretty simple and couldn't hold a candle to BT3 but it was nice. XV2's PC port isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be either. It played fine, raids were and I think might still be broken is all.

semi on topic, does anyone have this movie and if so could you upload it somewhere? It has become pretty difficult to find with most of the torrents for it being dead.

If Super does nothing else right at least it brought back 17 in a proper way. It always annoyed me how he was just forgotten after the Cell saga. He wasn't evil in the current timeline and 18 wouldn't have just left him dead.

TO be honest it is less Goku wanting a challenge to fight and more Goku wanting to be a teacher for a change, so something must have happened within the 4 YEARS between where Super is now and the last episode of Z to cause Goku's switch from the usual.

Only DBZ game worth your time if you aren't retarded is the very first Dragon Ball Budokai. It actually does a good job at being a licence game, it really feels like Dragon Ball, uses the anime soundtrack, even the narrator guy etc. I treally feels like playing the anime and has amazing cutscenes which literally still look better than the newest Dragon Ball game on PC.

Gameplay ist he same as Budokai 3 (which people love for some reason) except for the awful QTE spam.

The gameplay isn't very good but no Dragon Ball game has good gameplay, so you should pick the one which actually does a good job capturing the atmosphere of the show.

Also this when not speaking fighting games.

Many, many people. Also the English dub. Old hag Goku is disgusting but in general it's still better than generic American crap.

It's astounding how many people prefer this shit.

I really don't understand how they moved from this to the vaseline covered N64 shit after 15 years.

youtube.com/watch?v=vTpC580fR78
youtube.com/watch?v=LzZl5fAdaL4
youtube.com/watch?v=0Z2ACNX8EA4
youtube.com/watch?v=KrvUn7_nI6A

Hahahaha.

I always forget how good those alternate costumes looked.

Fixed. TV anime has been dirt cheap for 50 years. Do your research before posting you faggot.

Again, it all goes back to the days of Astro Boy and Tezuka. Tezuka had no idea how budget to make animated series and ultimately realized to make a TV series to meet broadcast deadlines he had to have animators work their asses off, cut corners (leading to why anime has fewer frames of animation in general when compared to your average western cartoon, as it uses 3-4 frames of animation for 1 drawing). Tezuka also had to get sponsorship money, which is why you still see sponsored programming today in anime TV. Plus the man had an inhuman work ethic (and didn't care what he was payed) and that some say the industry tailored itself after, to the point where some people in the industry hate Tezuka (Miyazaki being one of them) for making so much content that it affected the workload and pay conditions for everyone else.

Doing those slants a favor by replacing their shit taste in music with something far superior.

I've played both Budokai 1 and 3.

There's a vast difference in gameplay. 3 is a lot more smooth and fluent whereas 1 is clunky.

Budokai 1 fucking sucked nigger

Good thing there's a guy uploading clips from the original Funimation so people can see just laughably shit the dub was. People are too afraid to admit that we were willing accept ear cancer as kids because we were hopelessly addicted to DBZ. I know I was. Embed related, behold the power of
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Don't forget the goat insert songs.

that was so bad I honestly thought it was fake and those were sound alikes.

but on a positive note, it's impressive how their acting skills have improved.

Kai had better dub and script, it's a shame everything else about it sucked though.

You'd technically be right considering by Sabat's own admission they were trying to mimic the Ocean Group actors that came before them in order to have a smooth transition between switching cast members. Not like it worked, even at 9 years old I knew the voices sounded nothing alike.

HESDESTROYEDMOREPEOPLETHANYOUKNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Tenkaichi 3 is still the best Dragonball game by a very large margin.

For what purpose?

What a waste of trips.

Those trips don't lie faggot, you do.

Being contrarian or having shit taste.

One of those two. Sometimes you meet an ultra-weeb that is both.

There are people still watching or playing this shit?

Lmfao kids. If you're going to like an American OST at least go for the Ocean Dub soundtrack, that's at least a little respectable.

The recent version is just a cheap cash in. It's like asking why Banjo Kazooie was so much better than that recent game with the green dragon.

Holy shit, the autism and butthurt must have been astounding in the waifu cuck who made that pic. You still don't get why old anime is superior and never will. It's quite amusing.

It is simple, the faulconer score sounds good and is fitting to the show (for the most part). The original soundtrack stopped fitting Dragon Ball midway through Dragon Ball, and never fit Z at all.

The Ocean Dub is bad all around.

Seems like you can't even talk about the most plebeian of anime on Holla Forums without even bigger plebs popping up.

There's nothing to understand. Just nostalgiafags being insufferable which is what they do best.

Let's see, the Japanese spirit bomb is a constant build up. Matches well with the concept behind the tenchique which is to slowly draw out the energy from the nature and people around you. Now go look up the Faulconer one and tell me that fits better.

The ocean dub music is better than the Faulconer shit by far. That makes it more respectable. Never said it was good, although it has a few tracks from when they dubbed later in the series that are okay.

Trips confirm, here have some mp4s

Yeah but how about the DBZ Abridged shit?

That ain't DBZA, which in itself is very hit and miss, favoring the miss side. It's mostly just good voice talent wasted on stupid writing.

lel

Not an argument.

I don't need an argument because there's no debate. Nostlgiafags are insufferable and offer no reasons for their belief or behavior that don't boil down to "b-but its not like when I was a little kid!"

2 seems fun. I started playing a few months back. Put about 10 hours in doing extra missions and stuff. Then I got up to the Frieza/Cooler main story mission and hit a fucking wall. I'm going to go back to it once I have free time.

Budokai 3 was probably the best game though.

It does.

I'm hard pressed to not find an instance of obvious CGI on the right.

Not really, but there's not a lot to talk about. Online being dead doesn't help, but they have themselves to blame for that.

It would be so silly it would be awesome. Ki blasts and swimsuits.

Go home Roshi

Don't you tell me what to fucking do.

Please don't post any more of those charts

Faulcuckner score removed the insert songs, therefore it's shit

That's not DBZA, that's shit by that race baiting cuck SoulFaggotNumbah3

I miss getting new themes from Kageyama. Fuck Xenoverse for just recycling the Flow version of Chala Head Chala.

Their go-to composer got crucified for plagarism so their music has been all over the place since. Admittedly, he actually was plagarizing, but damn it still sucks.

For anyone here who's actually played Budokai 1, sound familiar?

It didn't recycle shit from Kike Rangers, it just had the same composer (Ron Wasserman) who created original music for the first ~60 edited episodes. The recycled Mega Man music however was indeed shit, and used primarily in the Canadian/UK broadcasts of the Android/Cell/Buu arcs that brought the Ocean Group back while using the same shitty dub scripts from Funimation.

You could probably fill a light novel with amount of music Yamamoto stole.

Yeah, people going back over his stuff found plagarism in the majority of his music. He had good taste, though

You don't have a very wide experience of music if you really think all electronic music is shit.

CGI/Flash animation is perfectly capable of being great. If the same amount of time and effort that once went into hand-drawn animation were to go into CG animation, it would be brilliant. The issue is that people use Flash as a way to produce as much shit as possible in as little time as possible, resulting in things like Johnny Test.

The Star Wars shorts by Gendy Tartofski have tons of CG, but it's masked with shading techniques and angles. Zoids Chaotic Century still looks pretty good because, despite the texture quality being a little low due to the age, the CG is still dead accurate to what it should be.

I suppose Wakfu is a testament to that. The further you get into the series it starts looking less and less like a flash animation and more like a well animated movie.

It literally plays the same as all the other Budokai games except it has no shitty QTEs and actually good graphics and cutscenes. People are mentally disabled is the issue.

youtube.com/watch?v=lIH9uas-uPk

What the fuck is WRONG with Americans? Why can't you just nuke yourselves already?

Literally the only good DB game and this is another reason why.

there's a fag that posts it everywhere and it still looks like poorly motion tweened garbage

No it doesn't you moron.

Budokai 1's gameplay is clunky.

Budokai 3's gameplay is fluid.

You're skipping the part where you actually explain how.

Besides, even if its gameplay is a little bit better, its gameplay is still DOG SHIT compared to actual fighting games. This is the point. So if you can pick between two games with shit gameplay, you better pick the licence game that actually gets the atmosphere of the licence right and has a story mode that feels like the anime, a lot of stuff to unlock and a fun enough tourney mode.

I hate this, the nips really can't use a fucking computer.

Trips confirmed. Both are decent but only a full blown weeb would talk shit about Falkner music.
That or they were too damn young to remember watching DB and DBZ before DVDs were common.

ON THE LAST EPISODE OF DRAGONBALL Z
FRIEZA WAS JUST ABOUT TO FUCK GOKUS SHIT UP
BUT THE PIZZA DELIVERY GUY SHOWED UP AND THEY STOPPED MAKING CONSTIPATED NOISES LONG ENOUGH TO PLAY SCRABBLE AND EAT THEIR THREE CHEESE BACON SUPREME
DOES GOKU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE A FOUR LETTER WORD WITH THREE VOWELS?
FIND OUT DURING THIS EXCITING EPISODE OF
DRAGON. BALL. ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
electric guitars blaring in the background

5/10 you have me responding and fuck your picture too
I watched DB/Z as a kid and I still thik Falc music is trash. It's constant, it's tacky, and it completely ruins the mood of scenes. Silence can set the tone of a scene very well, yet Falc's track refuses to stop ramming its dick in your ear.

I don't want fart noises or a "DUN DUN" when Krillin gets murdered in front of Goku, that completely rapes the mood of the scene. Take your shit taste and bait and go home.

Embed related, compare this to the shitshow Funi version someone posted earlier in the thread. The mood is completely different, and the Funi version is extremely unnecessarily verbose because they think the audience is a pack of retarded goldfish that can't tell what a character is thinking without their thoughts being read out loud. Oh, but "localization" is suddenly fine when it's the faggy American version of DBZ, huh?

I'd have to see the clips you saw. There are quite a few from the first season that still look that way, but towards the end and into the second they are few and far between. Then there's the movie which I believe is more traditionally animated with light touches of tweening to get subtle movements.

I watched the Blu Ray release recently (yeah I know cropping kind of sucks, but it wasn't the worst thing in the world) and used the English dub with the original Japanese music. I liked it a lot, there are certain scenes where the original music reinforces the happier, triumphant moments that I don't recall there being any equivalent for in the new music. Mostly in the earlier sagas though when things were a bit more cheery.

The only time I felt like something was "missing" was when watching the scene of Trunks trying to stop Android 16 from being released. Those synths really hit the fucking mark for the desperation of that moment with the new music. WebM related.

Fucking japs and their terrible sense of humor. Two nukes weren't enough.
I like Freeziepop but god fucking damn it man.

At least we get some muscle grill soon

user, two nukes were what got us into this mess in the first place.

Rather they can use a computer but somehow can't develop for one.
I'm actually pretty curious as to why that is. Are many of them just entirely reliant on the console API's they are used to?

Finally a reason to be happy about being German. Good anime dubs. At least back then. And with DBZ the best of both worlds: Japanese OST and no old hag voicing half the Saiyans. German Goku is literally the most pleasant and likeable voice in the world.

Basically every character's voice fits 10/10.

still around? i can upload it now if you want

Because the 2016 version is made as cheaply and artlessly as possible by chinamen that take no pride in their work and don't care about its quality. Not that DBZ was immune from cheap animation but at least they usually still tried.

Nah, I ended up finding an old torrent with a few seeders. Thanks anyways though.

Thankfully I think they took the criticism to heart with the new super saga actually having some decent art and animation. It still doesn't come close to DB-DBZ quality, but it's something.

I'd say that the introduction of digital tools has made them lazy, but I think it's just the higher ups cutting corners to save money on their weekly anime.

Nigger, they butchered the original framing. Even worse is the amount of DNR and color saturation that smudges out the colors.

Fuck you. The original music sucks. We can't help that you are such insufferable weebs that you think everything nip is better even when it clearly is not.

The Faulconer score does better for many moments like this. Half the fights are more tense simply because of the music helping create that tension.

Falconer's music made the incomplete cell scenes a lot more tense. The jp version of the scene where Cell is in town eating everyone up made it sound like he was on a fucking stroll in town.

Watching the original Japanese version of that scene for the first time the stupid song made me want to laugh, it was too comical. The only thing the Funi dub does wrong in this scene is adding dialog where there was none in the original Japanese.

well shit, now I'm interested.

Anyone got a list of the better scores from Falconer? I really can't remember his stuff terribly well.

Oh man what an improvement.

So what's it like being a localization cuck?

I already said that dialog was unnecessary, but the scene overall is better because of Falconer's more-appropriate music. That Japanese song is campy and doesn't belong in a scene where a character just died.

There is a definite improvement in this current arc compared to previous Super arcs. They seem to be learning their lesson. Still not as good as the manga that is coming out and seems to improve a lot of the mistakes the show has made, especially the Zamasu arc.

There are a few nitpicks that I have with the current arc. A lot of very convenient things happen and are only there to just move the story quickly and lore additions and contradictions but overall, a lot more restrained than the mess of previous arcs. It's too bad that instead of 1v1 matches or even 2v2 matches, we're going to get a battle royale. Even giving Super the condensed time within 45? minutes of an allout battle, there can't be that many episodes to show after we've been getting such a long setup time for the fighters.

Maybe they'll get it right someday and have a long arc with an actual new villain instead of an old or recolored version.

And it absolutely ruins the scene, to where the Jap one is better by default by just having everyone shut up for 5 minutes and letting the audience take in what's going on.
No it doesn't, especially considering the lyrics to the song. You just have just taste, as dub cucks often do.
Ah yes, Faulcuckner Track #32-A was so appropriately used. Yeah, let's recycle another track was used over and over and over again instead of even trying to compose a track unique to that scene.

Still sounds better and fits the scene better. Stay mad weebcuck

Stay mad, localization cuck.

The original music does not fit the tone of DBZ at all. It has nothing to do with nostalgia.

Yes, you've reinforced your retarded shit opinion for a bazillionth time and still doesn't hold water, other than IT FITS BETTER CUZ ITS NOT CORNY, which is a non-argument to begin with. Here's the scene with translated lyrics to the original song. Works far better to use the song itself to convey what's going on than using recycled dub music and characters who can't shut the fuck up for two seconds.

Even then, the fact that you call me a cuck for preferring the original intent of the show is laughable. Can't believe localization cucks like you post here.

I pity you.

I bet you also think this

youtube.com/watch?v=bueeN9lMe0g

is better than this

youtube.com/watch?v=0E9pEtxdXHU

You just posted the same scene twice. The music is still inferior to Falconer's.

I never once said the original music was corny. It doesn't fit DBZ. You are pretending that toei's choice of music is infallible, and you say the faulconer music is bad. This shows your bias. Non-nip = bad to you.

I also don't need to provide an argument for musical taste. That isn't how it works. The closest I can come is saying the music doesn't fit DBZ, and it clearly does not. It's like putting classical music in a Doom wad. It doesn't fit the tone of the work.

Falconer was a hack who was only there for a paycheck. His music very rarely fit the mood of the show and a bunch of underpaid nobodies at Webfoot were able to one-up him, embed related.

So if there isn't bombastic guitar and constant synth noise it can't be action-oriented? Jesus christ how can one man have such shit taste.

How can one man be such an insufferable faggot?

Falconer's entire score is nothing but guitar and constant synth you fucking retard, or have you not even watched the version of the show you claim is better?

And this justifies you constructing your pitiful strawman of my argument, how? I said the music fits the tone of DBZ better than the original boring nip shit. Nothing more and nothing less.

You just have a hateboner for the falconer score and a weebfetish that knows no bounds. It's rather pathetic really.

So do you admit Falconer's music is befitting of DBZ or not here? Maybe I'm assuming too much from "one-up him" but it sounds like you think more highly of the track from Legacy of Goku 2 that you posted, while it follows the same trends in Falconer's tracks.
I've noticed you've just been replying with "no u" for a while. Is that realization the point of your posts?

while the jap op is much better than the digimon rap it's still an incredibly generic op
also, I still like digimon rap

No, I'm saying they took several of his tracks and remixed them for use in a videogame, which is exactly what they did.

Because it isn't guitar and constant synth like the shitty Falconer track, yes. The original Funimation dub of DBZ is objectively the worst version, in all regards. Voice, music, pacing, everything was shit. Japanese version shared the shit pacing, but at least had good music and acting. Blasting shitty synth music and guitar misses the point of the scene entirely and sounds awful. Since you brought up Doom, the original nip DBZ soundtrack is like the original Doom OST while Falconer's shit is like the Doom 2016 soundtrack.

Oh, and for the record, the best version of DBZ is English Kai, even though Clickenbeard's shit VA work drags it down a bit.

You realize I'm not even the same user, or are you just that retarded?

Hold on now user, let's not say things we don't mean

I had bleached that from my mind. Damn you user. this shit is hilarious

I watched them all cropped and it really was fine, I didn't pay for them either they were borrowed from a friend.

However I see in that image you posted there is an alternative blu-ray that isn't cropped? When did this happen? That sounds like the version I would buy myself.

I can't help that the Falconer score fits the tone of DBZ better and that this bothers you so much.
Look who's not supplying an argument now.
Gohan ascending to a higher level of SSJ isn't fit with intense music? For some reason you think the music should focus on the emotional impact despite that emotional impact turning immediately to rage? Your argument is nonsensical in the extreme.
I brought up classical music not matching the tone of Doom. I actually like classical music, but your argument implies I was disparaging it by accurately assessing that it doesn't fit Doom. Bringing up Doom 2016 is irrelevant to my argument, and a shitty attempt to strawman again.
Everything to do with Kai is shit. You basically just torpedoed any and all of your credibility.

Ah fuck, the "level" releases were discontinued and never finished.

He was great but Budokai has the best DBZ music ever made.

So what you're saying is that's still Falconer's music, albeit remixed, and you like it?

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of either soundtrack, at least in terms of how they were used in the show. The JP one has great vocal themes, and Gohan's power up to SSJ2 was an amazing scene with the JP soundtrack, but, overall, there were too few unique tracks that ended up being used way too often, especially for fight scenes. I also felt the tracks they used for most of the really dramatic scenes just didn't fit all that well.

The Falconer score had a few select tracks that were really fucking good, but, in general, most were generic and uninteresting, and it didn't ever know when to shut up. It also had the unfortunate fate to be paired up with the original Funi dub. I don't like any of its vocal themes, either.

I've never been satisfied with an entire DBZ soundtrack, whether it be the original, Falconer, or Kai. If I had my way, there'd be a version of the show that used songs from all the soundtracks at appropriate points, using each one's strengths while avoiding their weaknesses.

I've always found this results in some of the best games ever. If only because the dev was forced to focus on core traits, but where able to approach it any way they wanted.

Anno releases a decent Evangelion movie.

Falconer's music I think just where better "songs" but the originals where better fits. Still, Its hard to say everyone of the originals are better fits, more then Falconer's songs where all better overall. Not to mention character themes tend to be less then a minute, but are suppose to be looped.
youtube.com/watch?v=6TkZAmYaHTc
youtube.com/watch?v=woHtuw_xtcc

youtube.com/watch?v=7bm7pSz9x7s
youtube.com/watch?v=jpkeAQG6kQw

They should've cancelled, honestly.
Raising the quality of the animation can only take a poorly written disaster of a story so far.

Say what you want about GT, at least it had interesting concepts and characters going for it. Criminally underrated imo

This just occurred to me

got to give it to them, at least they didn't have enough money to butcher the music

And it's a nice juxtaposition to have a somewhat calming tuneā€¦to one of the most destructive attacks known.

Budokai 1 is still the pinnacle of DBZ games

SJWs already tried it, nobody cared, nor will anyone ever care.

It had great presentation, but T3 is still the king

They really aren't all that similar.

Bullying the AI is simple.