Don't you wish the PS2 times were back?

I sure do.

Other urls found in this thread:

techraptor.net/content/sag-aftra-signs-agreement-with-20-companies-and-30-games
f.ppxclub.com/592682-1-1
ps3iso.com/showthread.php?t=166712
gamefaqs.com/ps/573238-moon/reviews/38576
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Setting up a PS emulator is a lot harder than I remember.
I remember doing it in less than an hour years ago, but trying it recently I needed a whole bunch of other shit, BIOS files, configuration files, GUI's for the emulator, etc.

I don't think this stuff has changed in the last 15 years, epsxe was already using the same plugins in 2002

I keep my PS2 downstairs hooked up to my TV. I had to repair the disc tray last year. I never thought I'd care about it so much when I first got it way back when.

Too bad I've already played almost everything that caught my eye on the ps2 library

My ps2 died, that gray brick performed 8 years of service before it decided to take a well deserved break. By then I already had a gayman peecee so at least I could emulate

wat

the most joy of exploring a platform's library is trying odd games that you may not be interested in at a glance or based on what it's described as, but after you give the game a solid chance and resolve its mechanics and design motifs and come to understand how it plays. Just sticking to what interests you on a surface level cripples your tastes. Kinda what gives a lot of Holla Forumsirgins here the most boring trio of tastes - deus ex, stalker, and doom. that or the codex fags who just jerk off to morrowind and vtmb. very boring.

That jump from PS1 to PS2 was so fucking good. Everything running so fucking fast and shiny.
Soul reaver 2 is so terrible, but the huge technical leap from the last game made me love it so much.

If you have a fat you can hook up a HDD to greatly extend the life of the laser.

The PS2 has loads of hidden gems. It's worth giving a second look at its library.

I mean what caught my eye literally. I hadnt heard of rogue galaxy or dark cloud until I saw the cool art cover and downloaded them. it's been a reliable method so far but I'm gonna have to start playing different games soon

some of the most fun I've had with games period is discovering genres I never really cared for in the past and really giving them a good try to find what the appeal truly was beneath the surface. One of my favorite game franchises of all time I discovered simply by giving it a try because it had cute girls. Turns out I was stumbling onto a high intensity combo-centric shooting game with fighting game inputs for special moves and an insane level of control over the playing field during stages and boss engagements that the game was hiding under its cute exterior all thanks to a single mechanic.

I found the SNES to PS1 leap much more apparent. Ps2 to PS3 was around the same as PS1 to PS2. PS3 to PS4 is irrelevant for reasons we all know.

Which game is that?

to me, looking back the snes to saturn jump was other worldly. Going from Act Raiser to Astal was remarkable, and star fox to panzer dragoon was jaw dropping.

The PS1 is also great.

Will these times ever return?

good joke

It's been a painful ride these near coming ten years.

The video game industry became a corrupt, twisted, and ugly monster fueled by corporate jew greed, sjw liberal propaganda, and other corrupt practices. This is all thanks to niggers, faggots, and jews.

The industry must be killed off and the second big massive video game crash must happen. Put it out of it's misery and let it stay dead.

I'll be gladly playing the libraries of the PS2, PS1, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Gamecube, N64, Genesis, Super Nintendo, Neo Geo, and other great systems of the past instead of the shit we got since 2006.

the mass is dictating where a market goes
the mass is full with idiots
the mass have to be spoon feeded about the corrupt and degenerate market
as long this doesnt happened, nothing will change

Some of the best times I've had were with the PS2.

Only had to have the laser repaired once, in 2007, and it's run perfectly for me ever since. Yes, to this day, fatty still runs as well as it ever did.

Here's lookin' at you, kid. ;_;

good news is laser replacements are easy and cheap as shit, and are the only real component you have to concern yourself with failing.

Well, the belt too but thats like 10 cents

I am hoping for an economic disaster where vidya no longer becomes finamcially viable and the industry crashes from big losses.

There is some Gamasutra article saying the voice actors who went on strike might get royalties now. If that happens, then I believe there is a chance of a domino effect happening with the developers asking for better royalties and wages. With pay so high, publishers will have to charge ridiculous prices for games and dlc. Moreso than it already is. If that happens, I'll be happy.

I'm still surprised how some games from the PS2 gen like Silent Hill 3 still look remarkably nice, jaggies aside. Its just a shame some games need so much money to be made that they end up having to be generic and safe.

there was a voice actor strike and I don't think anything came of it since it lasted 4 months.

After playing a bit of Battle Moon Wars I think I'm finally ready to enjoy this game.
Probably didn't help that the first time I tried this was at like 4am and all the text put me to sleep.
Banging intro tho.
I still need to finish part 3 and 4 of .Hack//IMOQ and then move onto G.U.

Embed ate my image.
AltimitOS when?

The pre-DLC days were great because devs were fucking forced to make a finished product from the get go instead of doing it half-assed and adding tiny features for more money.

Except there was you Sonygger

Kill yourself

Posting THE hidden gem by definition.

Tried it years ago but never went past the third boss, picked it up it a while ago and had a fucking blast, finished it 100%.

i just saw the new cultural correct mario game, it made me a little bit sad. Than i saw this thread and it reminded me that there are still a fuckton of games that i never played before everythign went down the shitter.

thank you emulation.

does anyone know sources where to find japanese isos of PS2 games?

there was a forum thread on a chinese website (pan baidu) but it seems most links are dead or not accessible (cant read chingchong)

It's so fucking good. I made a thread about my ps2 a couple of days ago and i just want to thank the guys that suggested me to go SMB. I love you.
I'm almost tempted to buy a bigger and flat screen crt for maximum comfort, but i don't have a lot of space. I'll have to stick with my 14" pic related

Nigger you are fucking dumb. Look on emupa__

Nigger you can play PS2 with component cables on a modern display.

I swear to god that was the most boring fucking game I've ever played in my life

emuparadise barely have anything on what I'm trying to find, to the point it's quite laugheable

there's almost no difference with that upscaling. It still looks like shit.

This pisses me off so much… the industry is fine, just because burger devs don't know how to make games anymore it doesn't mean it's a dead industry.
You are playing the wrong games. can't you retards stop playing cuckwatch or ubishit and realize that western developers never did anything good?
I see the industry just as good as always, it's people playing the wrong shit that will get bummed out

just because you don't know any good games to play it doesn't mean they don't exist

I sure hope you don't mean Japanese Undertale, because that's literally no different from ubishit.
Things are slightly better outside of NA but don't delude yourself, it's all garbage compared to pre-internet video games.
Internet killed vidya. Back then, gaming mags were bought and paid for, but word of mouth was sacred. Now, word of mouth is just as believable as TV commercials and we have Reddit to thank for it.
It's only going to get worse as reputation management companies learn to blend in better.

Those days will never come back

I'm a cunt sitting on three unopened PS2s. I'm ready for the next crash and I still have a backlog of over 100 games, some I never even unwrapped.

I'm not even going to sell them. I'm going to hold on to them and pass them on to a gamer that wants to know what "variety" used to mean.

Those were the dayysssss

Ps2 y/pb/pr isn't too good. You want rgb on the ps2.

Yep
7th Gen after 2007 was a mistake, we're no longer the main demographic and the people who used to play good vidya just wallow on its current mediocrity.
My cousin who played Faxanadu on his NES and gave me his Genesis now owns an Xbone to play FIFA and he only does it to communicate with his friends and my best bud who used to have decent taste is now addicted to ASSFAGGOTS.
Don't actually play this shit, stick with the Westwoods RTS games

Stop posting you cunt

Depends on your upscaler.

RGB can't do 480p or 1080i.

We love katamari was built to be emulated, it runs so smooth.
But that God damn mother fucking sumo wrestling level must have been some sort of torture method in hell that escaped and made it into a game.

So nothing changed?

The ancient Egyptians played a bored game with squares like monopoly that is pretty much the same as video games today Nothing has changes nothing is new Put your faith in Allah

This is what really terrifies me.
I really hope people realize Reddit is 90% bots, now.
Chomsky hadn't seen anything when he wrote about "the manufacturing of consent."

That's why this entire thread is retarded.

Oh..the memories of the PS2…

It was late in the PS2's life but still a few years away from the next generation of consoles.
My cousin and I would go down to gamestop every other week and try to find a game that looked good to play for $20 or less.
We stumbled upon so many gems and of course crap as well.
Zone of The Enders 1 and 2 were memorable pickups for that low low price.

Simpler times.
I was just starting college.
Had a girlfriend that loved me.
I was broke.

But I was happy.

Go back to your desert and worship your saturn cube and silver vagina.

Almost done with G.U. myself. Pretty good subseries in my opinion (much better on the technical end in particular), but most definitely not the worth the current average pricetag (a trait shared with IMOQ). I like the series, but still hate the release format for them.

techraptor.net/content/sag-aftra-signs-agreement-with-20-companies-and-30-games
This is from a few days back, but apparently they've hit an agreement that western VAs can get residual pay every 500,000 copies sold up to a maximum of 2,000,000 copies (IE: Four residual payments).

Some games on it, especially some of the later ones, can look quite nice, at least given what the PS2 was capable of. Maybe it's just me, but I do feel that a nice graphical style, and lighting/shading system, can help offset a lack of outright graphical prowess.

Shit as they are as a company, I do wish I'd had a bit more money to spend on their "fuck stocking for [X system]" clearance sales. Probably some games they had that I didn't know anything about at the time (having only just gotten a fat PS2 at that point) and am not likely to ever see again locally, at least at a good price. Like Blood Will Tell. Oh well, at least I've got my PS2 set up with an HDD and loaders for what I can't find at a good price (or would otherwise be region locked from playing), and what I do actually have copies of are games I did find at reasonable prices over the last five or so years (the PS2 not being nearly as hard to find good prices on games for as, say, the Gamecube).

rgsb can, and it's a lot cheaper than a mememeister. don't use lcds for a system that is 95% 480i.

There is when games support 480p you nigger.

I play on a wide Samsung LCD HD flatscreen, using a Component AV cable. This usually provides better scaling and image quality up to 1080 but can I benefit even more if I use a Component to HDTV converter like in pic related?

fuckoff

it also depends is they are pal version or not faggot

What?

This Chinese forum thread?
f.ppxclub.com/592682-1-1

Besides that I use this ps3iso thread. You'll probably need to make an account.
ps3iso.com/showthread.php?t=166712

Sometimes there's something on nyaa or anime-sharing.com. Other than that it's down to carefully constructed search engine queries and sorting through tons of garbage results. Adding pan.baidu.com to a search has led to decent results a lot of times. I'd recommend something like jdownloader to deal with all the shitty file hosts.

RE4 port is shit, it needs the other games though. In fact, it's needed updating for nearly 2 years based on the date.

Oh yeah, when faggot kids started pouring in because their parents bought them ps2 as a cheap dvd player, how lovely.

Is that why japs have been trying to make a good rip-off of Wizardry and Ultim without success?

Yeah I'm not having faith in Allah when one of your fucking suicide bombers couldn't blow up Ariana Grande and had to settle for a bunch of retarded teens instead.

>install everything
Great times.

granblue or whatever it is

I'm gonna list some of the titles that aren't mentioned yet.

I just did this and I will say, it is worth the time and effort.
The biggest issue is getting a SATA hard drive to work in a PS2, need adapters and screwdrivers which are a fucking pain.

What are you, one of those sad Dreamcast kids?

That isn't SJW. Comparing it to today, this is very mild.
These are extension packs, not DLC. Unlike DLCs they are not necessities. And they never come out every five months. Compare that to the likes of SF V and their DLC. Huge difference.
There are more dudebro games than weeb games. Variety in games now are more what sells rather than what people will like. PS2 days there were more experimental games. Now it is more pretentious games.

You must have ignored the first Xbox.

No one mentioned the xbox, this is a PS2 thread you dumb nigger

it's a 480i system. and rgsb exists so you don't need to use shit quality y/pb/pr.

you can look up best buy catalogs from 2000 and 2001 and see there were far cheaper dvd players in the range of $80-120. This meme was never true.

this is what I miss most

Even TVs from the 1950s had zero input lag. I can't play modern fighting games, modern rhythm games, modern platformers, entire fucking genres unplayable because of input lag ridden screens on TOP of online slowdown. I just wanted buttons to respond when I press them & they took that away from us.

All of these are false, though.

And the PS2 had DLC, like in the SOCOM games

You're nitpicking user. Of course there's specific examples to prove that point wrong, but there was much, much less of it. Stop being a faggot.

You're exaggerating how bad it is, and you can't fool me because I own it.

xbox for example had a fucking ton of free dlc.

Isn't Raidou set in the meiji era? That seems entirely appropriate for that time period.

Given the time frame, Wikipedia suggests Showa Era (which was two eras after the Meiji). Granted, I haven't played the Raidou games yet, so I'm not sure how accurate they keep the setting.

Yes OP was a bit off because he failed to mention this is when the trend really started for DLC, but this was back when they were still referred to as 'expansion packs'. There wasn't the degree of nickel and diming shit that there is today, not by a long shot.

Holy shit, was that a gauntlet of a final section in Redemption. Glad to discover I don't have a glitched copy of the game, though, as I've heard tell that Vol.3 is prone to freezing at certain scenes.

Fucking doppelgangers.

Here's a better example of "Japanese Undertale"… from 1997.

gamefaqs.com/ps/573238-moon/reviews/38576