The civic virtue of anarchism

Ok anarchists explain this..
How is beating on trashcans sniff and breaking glass will change anything?
And what is this magical theory that take breaking ppl cars and burning tires as a foundation of a new society?
Do you have a theoretical base, a political project that absolutely need you going outside and glorious uprising destroying everything you want?

Don't take this as a smug leftcom fag wanting the world to change by theory alone btw this meme need to end take it as a reflation and trying to efficiently capitalize on the economy of popular rage

Other urls found in this thread:

humaniterations.net/2012/02/29/you-are-not-the-target-audience/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_of_the_deed
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/crimethinc-anonymous-why-break-windows
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

humaniterations.net/2012/02/29/you-are-not-the-target-audience/

This is a good thread, have a bump

Throwing concrete at the police sounds fairly revolutionary to me. The more that people realize the law is arbitrary, the better.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_of_the_deed

This post made me curious, does anyone here actually believe that property destruction is some kind of cornerstone of anarchists praxis or "the foundation of a new society?" It's not meant to be one, it's just another tactic.

If you are curious about why property destruction, this is a good read:
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/crimethinc-anonymous-why-break-windows

hmmmm…

I bet no one reads this

I did. I liked it

Violence is using force to limit the subject choices, this is why we are anti capi remember?
Destroying communal property "trashcans, bus stops,etc.." is an act of violence in every sense of the word, the lack of civic virtue is sad.

This is a one sided recruitment method that sacrifice the whole of society for few rash teenagers that want to fuck things up,
+this disregard of reaction to these acts is what make these acts push for further alienation of the left here you can say the logic is non dialectical, they even admits it later in this post here:
This post make anarchism to be nothing but "empty action"

It is not, if the tea party instead of throwing very high quality tea into the sea took it and give it for free to everyone it would have been much better both as a propaganda by deeds and playing with scarcity of goods in the markets and establish a separate anarchic economy to undermine the economic dominance of the brit empire.
This post is unimaginative and lack all virtue and ethical justification, i will not commit the same mistake of shoving the ethical question to the side and argue over the utility of the act and how efficient the breaking of glass in the straight or not, the question here should be ethical first and then and only then we try to see whether it is effective or not

The black block tactic is anarchist invention.

The black block was developed by German autonomists.

They're not real anarchists though.

If anarchists actually did the 19th century stuff now Holla Forums would hate them even more.

Stop fucking bitching you're so salty you're pretty much identifiable as saltposter at this point.

We need to build the violence from breaking windows to arming ourselves. This is what we can get away with now. We need to make the people bolder by showing them what can be done

Lmao they would all be hunted down and executed by Trumpenreich. We are headed for neo-mccarthyism and there will really be NO reds to bring in front of the hearing committee this time. Just innocent people. WTO and Occupy were the last few serious shows of resistence by the left and they were pathetic compared to what their predecessors accomplished at the turn of the previous century and early 20th century

They've beat it out of us.

This is fine, but pure resistance isn't enough to change society. You need a coherent leftist political project and vision to channel popular support into, once the existing system is shown to be corrupt and illegitimate.

Without a positive project, something new to build, you'll lose the movement to the far right. Pure nihilism alone won't win you many converts.

you are proving a point you don't want to talk about

First and last bump after the cooling down of anarchists here.

Yes we all should respect private property and let capital reproduce itself

I agree with you OP, Its not like the city has to pay for those trashcans, increasing the tax burden

Anarchists and Marxists both need to read more bookchin. Shit like this is just petty, useless lifestylism