Criminology

I'm interested in trying to understand crime a bit better but I'm not sure where to start. I would especially like to get a better understanding of the apparent relationship between crime and race that Holla Forums keeps harping about. I see the connection they talk about but I have my doubts that it's really that simple.

Do any of you have any good reading for getting a better understanding of the factors behind violent crime?

Other urls found in this thread:

rand.org/content/dam/rand/www/external/labor/seminars/adp/pdfs/adp_ajph.pdf
ips-dc.org/the-poor-get-prison-the-alarming-spread-of-the-criminalization-of-poverty/
criminology.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There is no relation beatween crime and race but crime is very related to class an alienation.

see but whenever someone says this some Holla Forumsack comes in with examples of high-income black with high instances of crime.

I'm not saying you're wrong but could you maybe provide some better support for this argument? Some further reading?

To take that seriously would be to intentionally ignore that the police arrest more blacks, and more blacks are already poor.

but I'm saying that crime remains an issue with high-income blacks. Are you suggesting that the entire difference in crime rates can be accounted for by discriminatory police practices? I just want a better explanation, cause "it's all just class lol" doesn't make sense to me from what I've seen. Does anyone at all have further reading or are we just gonna go through the classic meme arguments again and again?

They are useless

Discriminatory police practices and poor people committing more crime, yes. Poor people have a higher chance of motivation for many crimes due to the fact crime can often be the best, easiest way to get what they want.

FUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKK. YOU GUYS ARE THE WORST. WHENEVER I TRY TO LOOK SHIT LIKE THIS UP ONLINE ALL I GET ARE THESE FUCKIN NAZI SITES TELLING ME "IT'S ALL GENETIC LOL." I'M SURE THAT CRIMINOLOGISTS AND SCIENTISTS AREN'T SPENDING ALL THEIR TIME SPOUTING RACE-REALIST NAZI BULLSHIT. SURELY THEY HAVE A BETTER EXPLANATION. BUT WHENEVER I TRY TO ASK LEFTYPOL TO HELP ME OUT HERE THEY JUST SPOUT THE SAME TRASH OVER AND OVER. INCOME IS NOT ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND CRIME. SOMEONE BETTER FUCKING HAVE A BETTER EXPLANATION.

KEEPS BRINGING UP POOR PEOPLE EVEN THOUGH WE'VE ESTABLISHED THAT THAT'S NOT WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT. GOOD LORD I DON'T THINK Holla Forums IS RIGHT HERE BUT COME ON I HOPE THERE'S SOMEONE OUT THERE WITH A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT'S GOING ON THAN THIS.

Holla Forums is right that it's not just about the poverty. The black population in the US has been poor for a very long time and has a number of cultural scars. Even after slavery a large proportion of black women worked as prostitutes and the men were unable to provide. This caused a lot of jealousy, insecurity about material wealth and a breakdown of the family structure that has caused echoes through the generations. Watch Chris Rock, black people almost 100% beat the hell out of their kids.

Christians will be hanged

It's even celebrated among them.
After all, their parents beat their asses, so that automatically makes them better than some pussy surburban white kid… right? Suffering automatically makes you a better person… right?

see now we have something. do you have any more support for the idea that it's a cultural thing at least in part? How much does upbringing contribute? Are there other major contributing factors?

there's a difference here between addressing class and flat out denying available data because it doesn't agree with your preconceived notions of how crime works. Every anarchist is a meme. Fuckin leave.

Not sure what your point is here. Is this some internalized rage against a black kid at your school coming out?

What? No, I'm saying black Americans beat the piss out of their kids and then they grow up and thank them for doing it. It's insane.

Way to undermine your own thread, idiot. Stop calling everything a meme. Yes, I know how memes work, I still fucking hate what's happened to the word. Stop it.

ahhhhh ok. So how closely connected to crime is this? What are some effective measures to stop this sort of abuse if any?

It's all conjecture, it would be very difficult to disentangle the effects of culture and race when historical factors have caused blacks in America to have something resembling a unified culture and class (though that is starting to fragment). Look at black family structure though, the whole single-moms problem is real.

It's literally how they show that they love their kids, if they didn't care they would just leave. So when they're angry they show that the care by beating them instead of leaving. The kids grow up and feel like getting beat was a badge of being loved. May have something to do with all the black women being prostitutes back in the day, beating them instead of leaving means you loved them.

That's fucking wild. Did the slave owners breed that into them or something? It sounds like the perfect slave ideology.

I've said [spoilers] meme [/spoilers] twice in this thread. You've said it three times in one post. Heck off my dude. My point is that leftypol has bad arguments here. Would you prefer if I called all anarchists a joke instead. I asked a fairly simple question and several ignorant-and-proud anarcho-geniuses come in and say "THE DATA IS ALL FABRICATED REAL CRIME ACTUALLY FITS MY NARRATIVE." If you're honestly siding with them here then you know where to go >>>/anarcho/

fuck I messed up the spoilers thing again.

What do you mean? Blacks were historically cut out of normal avenues of upward class mobility in the US. They're also more likely to be targeted by police which contributes to higher arrest rates.

Since a lot of blacks are poor, they are also more likely to form gangs with one another which massively increases the likelihood of them committing crimes.

There are many factors to why black crime rate is high, but it's not a genetic predisposition like Holla Forums loves to spout.

If you want some more solid reading material and statistics, have this: rand.org/content/dam/rand/www/external/labor/seminars/adp/pdfs/adp_ajph.pdf

It explains this very extensively and much better than some shitposter like me on an imageboard.

You are retarded

Consider suicide

I love you

I think OP was just honestly looking for reading material

and Holla Forums meme'd him instead of giving him any until you came

which only makes Holla Forumsacks more certain that we have nothing to back our positions up, you worthless fucks

mods should ban most of this thread tbh

You're autistic. Stop using the word "meme" to dismiss someone when there are a hundred other valid ways to do it.

God fucking dammit.

Eh, I'll usually assume someone is asking questions in good faith unless they demonstrate otherwise. I get why this board can get paranoid and snippy though.

yes
It's just slang good lord calm your tits. I'm saying they're bad arguments. How 'bout you quit fucking sperging out over a little word. I shouldn't have to point out why poverty is not a factor in high-income neighborhoods and why saying "all data is wrong" is just stupid. FUCK OFF.

FUCKING THANK YOU. maybe I should've gone to /freedu/ cause people there actually read but it's so slow.

I'm not attacking any of the points you're making, holy shit. I'm just saying to cut out the normalfag lingo for once in your life. Take this personally if you want, I don't give a shit.

You're a good pirateposter. You're one of the few people here who made an effort. The source that you provided looks good

K that's fine I guess

It's like you're trying to piss me off.

Sorry

reeeeee muh special snowflake board

The law is shit. The "justice" (read: revenge) system is incredibly harmful. The people in power are evil. The people who want to make things better are too stupid to fix anything. Democracy doesn't work. Propaganda keeps the masses ignorant and subdued. All in all, human society is terrible.
Any questions?

Material conditions.

For a general introduction, read Michael Bock if you can find him in your language. He's got the best book on criminology I know, it explains the statistics, methodology, the difference between micro- and macrotheories of crime and so on. He doesn't talk about race, but you gotta learn the basics first anyway. If you don't, you will fall for bullshit too easily.

Does criminology as a field ever actually question whether laws are good or not, or is the validity of the law taken for granted?

If you mean specific laws, then that happens all the time, although it depends on the author. Some are really big into criticizing laws, policies or even the criminal justice system in principle. If you mean the law per se, then I'm afraid there's no explicitly anarchist criminologist with any kind of publicity.

Sorry that I don't want this website to be full of the same bullshit I have to tolerate in real life.
Wait, I'm not sorry at all.

Look everyone ethnic minorities commit more crimes.

ips-dc.org/the-poor-get-prison-the-alarming-spread-of-the-criminalization-of-poverty/

The War on Drugs was started by Nixon to fuck the hippies and the civil rights movement. One of his former advisers admitted it.

I was talking about specific laws. Sorry, I should have made that clearer.
I'm heartened to hear that some even go as far as to criticize the criminal "justice" system as a whole. I have a bit more respect for the field now.
Thanks for the insight, comrade.

I've heard Bob Black (post-left anarchist) is a criminologist as well. I haven't read much of him though so I'm not sure how good his work is.

The earliest laws on mary jane from Texas in the 30s were because it was a "mexican drug".

You're welcome. Here's some more info on the different criminological theories there are: criminology.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

Opium has a similar history, except it was Chinese people.

And of course the vast discrepancy in how crack cocaine (a "black" drug) is treated by the law compared with cocaine (a "white" drug, additionally associated with wealth), even though neither drug is significantly more dangerous or addictive than the other.

Wow ancap knows his shit. Thanks I'll check him out

ok user:

Blacks whole economy is west africa is skewed towards slave warlord culture because of Arabs and White Euros. Blacks, healthy alpha males anf females mostly, taken en masse to climates they are not adapted to. Mix massive numbers of tribes and ethnic groups many of whom were at different stages of social development. Treat them like animals for 250+ years with extreme brutality and disregard for mental health (no counseling, no real religious catharsis, no drugs, no free sex, no reading or culture allowed outside of song and dance). Then begrudgingly free them but leave most of them in the place where they will do the worst. Reneg on 40 acres and a mule which was the deal most white settlers got going out west. Do not give them full property rights, education of healthcare for 100 more years. Raid their neighborhoods and murder them randomly with mass terrorism sponsored by the state. Constantly teach them with negative reinforcement that they are stupid beasts of burden. Never use them for anything intellectual, keep them away from paper and pen. When they are finally integrated you flood their neighborhoods with highway entrances, provide welfare and free love finally to lure black women away from black fathers, pour opium onto their streets from CIA funded Golden Triangle trade, teach them urban warfare and involve black mob with italian and jewish mob as shooters. Fast forward to 70's build massive segregated housing projects that will not be maintained or police properly in neighborhoods that look like war zones (watch The Get Down for a look at 70's Bronx hellscapes). Moving into 80's we see CIA funded and organized Crack Cocaine epidemic coinciding with Wall street anglo-judaic hedge fund corporate raider culture exploding. 90's MTV gangster capitalist image becomes main icon for Black youth. 00's Gang culture is totally ingrained at this point through massive rape-box (prison) legislation that targets blacks and latinos for extended sentences. After a generation of crack babies gets out of jail for being caught with a palm full of crack they are mentally deranged and ensonced in extremely strict and brutal prison code/gangs. MTV and Jewish music makes money off of this retardation. By 2010 we have reached peak retard thug culture and by 2014 Chief Keef raps exclusively about executing other 16 year olds. Chicago outpaces Iraq in murders, Baltimore has its riots. The rest is unfolding as we speak.

Now after all that bullshit do you think the intellectual capacities of that group might be a little damaged? Great at dance, music, sports and performance art. That requires some measure of innate intelligence.

Holla Forums are literally faggots, that's all there is to it. They're pernicious faggots who make shit up and cover up obvious blatant inconsistencies in their beliefs

The Nazis printed debt based reichsmarks and took loans from international finance. Whites were the vast majority of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. Blacks are often better looking than whites, especially black athletes and they have better skin. Asians have better hair and are quicker mathematical thinkers. Jews are more philosophically orientated and are wittier and socially more intelligent than most whites. Whites are shitty natural dancers and often speak in unendearing obnoxious uptight accents that wear on everyone's patience. Whites clothing of choice, Suit and Trousers are pleb tier compared to East Asians and North Indians. White religion is garbage compared to Asian and Native American. Greeks, Turks, Jews, Black Moors, Arabs, Indians and Han Chinese are the ones who the whites can thank for pushing them out of the dark ages. Western culture comes from Phoenicia (Semites), Babylon (Semites) and Egypt (Mixed Race Caucasoids) not from Northern Europe. The steppe PIE peoples were barbarians who assimilated the culture and knowledge of the Dravidians who they conquered. Not the other way around

yes big time, criminology is a mix of staunch structuralists who support the establishment and tend to erre towards authoritarian police state legislation AND then the contrast which are prison abolishonists (i am one of them) who do not support the criminal justice system at all

fukin saved, user

When factored solely among non-Hispanic whites, the US has more violent crime than Burkina Faso, which was transformed mainly by a left wing Marxist revolution by Thomas Sankara. This is in spite of the numerous ethnic tensions that still cause violence in other parts of sub-Saharan Africa.

Crime is just culture in a right-wing nation.

Laws are spook

With Joe Biden locking up your father in the 90s that's why there's a "single mother" problem for fuck's sake

Brown people in Clapistan spank their kids, I'm pretty sure some white Americans do it too but abuse is normalized in black communities at times (which is very unfortunate).

Bifo Berardi has a very good book called 'Heroes' which I'm about half of the way through. It's not so much about general crime patterns as the big media-spectacle mass murders committed by emotionally isolated (mostly white) young men (Holla Forumsacks). But there's a good chapter on that Korean kid who shot up his school in the USA a decade ago (and how it ties in with the postmodern migrant-experience) and some interesting riffing off adolescent neofascism.