Cultural Appropriation

Umm excuse me, do you not realize that by using the Latin script you are appropriating Phoenician characters and culture?

Do you not see how this is a problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

fredrikdeboer.com/2016/12/01/no-one-has-the-slightest-idea-what-is-and-isnt-cultural-appropriation/
checkingoftheprivilege.tumblr.com/post/80931439024/i-thought-western-maoists-were-bad-tw-racism
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"Cultural Appropriation" is one of the most ridiculous and frustrating arguments I've ever heard.

fredrikdeboer.com/2016/12/01/no-one-has-the-slightest-idea-what-is-and-isnt-cultural-appropriation/

This is wonderful, thank you.

I think there's a limited applicable and useful form of appropriation.
The example it was explained to me with was the whole Miley Cyrus twerking thing. Her form of trying to reinvent her public persona amounted to "look! I'm sexually available… Like a black woman!" While not QUITE cultural appropriation as usually used it's at least a related concept and definitely a valid criticism.

"Cultural appropriation" is a fetishization of non-white ethno-nationalisms for use by affluent white liberals. Might as well call it "post-modern right-wing exotica".

The entire notion of "cultural appropriation" is reactionary, because it assumes that there is an essentialised link between biologically oriented criteria (i.e. ethnicity qua descent) and culture.

Concerns about cultural appropriation, and identity politics generally, actually the mirror the essentialism of the far-right except from the left.

The way that SJWs seem to be concerned about this makes me think that we could placate them by introducing blood quantum laws, where we can finally make sure that people keep to their own kind.

checkingoftheprivilege.tumblr.com/post/80931439024/i-thought-western-maoists-were-bad-tw-racism

top kek

Cultural appropriation is beyond stupid
Name one (1) culture that hasn't been influenced by others
I'll wait

Holy fuck, what went wrong?

This was the best part tbh

irrelevant shiting is cultural appropriation.

I mean this has to be satire, but still, a few interesting quotes from xir blog:

that's not quite what commodification is about…

Honestly, I could definitely see some confused 24-year old humanities grad student saying all of this without irony.

I'm trying to decipher what their sex is.

Although I subscribe to the "If it's cute, fuck it school of thought"…I really want to hook up with a FtM.

"Cultural Appropriation" is hilarious. When I thought the decline of the religious right (outside the Muslims and Zionists) was in decline, I thought we might enter another age of reason. Turns out no matter what you do, people will always try to fill their empty voids with stupid and crazy except this time its in the left and they're making everyone run to the hills and into the arms of Uncle Adolf. Fun times, fun people. Now which one of those edgy ideologies hates humanity again? Where do you receive a membership card?

This article is horrifying, if only because this poor bastard put a fair bit of time and energy into refuting what was never meant to even be some sort of meaningful argument.

"Cultural appropriation" was literally made up by liberals as an excuse to annoy people. That is it.

I gotta say, out of all that dumb shit, it's still the "I don't have to educate you!!!" screeching which gets me the most pissed. Like, you want to be called xir and say shit like races exist but whiteness is only a mindset, and you won't explain what the fuck any of that means? Like it's clearly all bullshit, but the least these people could do is pretend like they have the ability to explain all their mental leaps and contradictory statements.

Capitalism. You don't even have to do anything, we'll soon all be dead because of climate destruction or living in some privately automated dystopia.

It's parody, you underage fags.

cultural appropiation = cultural private property

There is not a gulag cold enough for these people.

Look of the name of the blog. Does that seem like something a genuine person would come up with?

Never mind that I remember this blog from when I posted on Holla Forums in like 2011/2012 and even had a Holla Forumsumblr.