Horror general

Do people who don't like SCP still like this game or am I biased from having liked the source material?

Another thought on my and was about the fights in RE7 with jack. Was anyone else a little disappointed by how easy it was to hide from him? I mean there were times when he was literally staring right at me and he just strolled away mumbling boy this boy that. And yes I got through most of it in madhouse mode and it just made jacks blindness even more immersion breaking.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!idZmjSLS!GTEn7wtVQz0sfkC75TKnUk1B8iQ9iVc2kkhgq77cJF8
inatsuka.com/extra/kemonofriends.exe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What was the finger for again?

Wasn't there a tape where you had to use it on a robot clown so he wrote the pass to a lock in your arm with a pen?

why did they give a nasty dildo with this?

Resident Evil 7 fucking sucks, there's barely any gameplay there to be enjoyed beyond walking awaiting jumpscares with some clumsy "combat" from time to time, it's almost entirely just movie cliches and some horrible filters applied to everything. I've had more fun playing Nightmare Creatures for the N64 than that turd.

Looks like it's for your rear end, pal.

I have no idea how so many people enjoy RE7, it's such a mundane and boring experience that there's no way people actually think it's a good RE game.
It does nothing new or interesting and takes only 6 hours to finish even if it costs $60.

The same kind of normalfags that flood the theaters whenever "Franchise Horror Flick #45" comes out are the ones who made it a success.

Wew.

Any at rate, why can't modern horror games into subtlety? Something I really would like would be a game similar to Scratches - you end up alone in some old Victorian mansion or what not, and for the first hour or so you have to cope with completely mundane problems - that one door got stuck and you have to find an alternative way into the room, the electricity is fucked up, whatever.

And then you notice some little things are off. Food you put in the fridge isn't there anymore. A book that was left open on page 43 suddenly is on page 112. You begin to lock the door behind you every time you move to another room, but then you return to find some of them open.

And all the while, you still can't be 100% certain that there is someone or something else in the house.

the game really did give me a trashy Rob Zombie esque vibe what with all the gore and swearing.

It'd have to have very good visual effects for it to work. Most things that go for a slow, subtle start just end up having a shitty one.

What are some actually scary games? Like, not just creepy or psychological. Real, fear inducing, horror games. I'm a real pussy when it comes to horror movies, but for some reason, games just don't scare me as much.

real life

Well you could try scp containment breach. u might like it if u can get over the shitty animations

oops forgot my scp pic but what ever

Also forgot to mention that S.T.A.L.K.E.R's misery mod freaked me out a few times but a lot just from the sheer difficulty of it.

Wizardry 4 is legitimately the most unnerving game I've ever played but I don't know if I'd call it horror.

You had to attach it to a creepy clown so it could write a code in your arm.

Yeah, I gave up right after the high school level. Hoping the sequel will be better.

I played that. It was kinda stressful at first, but it wore off quickly. I mean, after watching the grudge movie for the first time, I would refuse to open my eyes while in bed, because I was sure she was in my roof, looking at me. I never checked under my bed for a weird peanut monster.

That's a tough call to be quite honest. There's always a sense of danger because there's this or that monster flying around, but I can't really recall the last time a game really unnerved me to the point it became unpleasant.

Knock Knock certainly has its moments but games with time limits put me off. Scratches also had that once scene where you enter the basement and the one with the mask, but it has a very slow gameplay style otherwise, and lackluster game design atop of that.

Same with me, but I just kept getting spooked because I'm terrible at spotting enemies in games that use predator style cloaking. And I would forget to quick save, so a death meant lost progress.

I find those kind of indie games to be fairly lacklustre, since I can always predict what is coming, but it always ends up being way less scary than I thought it would be. Like, you can tell fairly quickly if a game is going to blow it's jumpscare load every five seconds, or have one big one at the end. And once you figure that out, all the tension fades. Especially if the Monster/ghost/old man/killer kills you, since that will eventually turn him into a nuisance, rather than something scary.

I never ended up playing much of it, but I downloaded Obscuritas, which is about visiting a manor, and nothing jumped at me. I think it boasted a system that analyses your fears or whatnot. Might want to try it out in case it turns out to be a hidden gem.

Sounds interesting, thanks for the tip.

At least those indie games remain obscure (in the sense that you don't really know what awaits you) for a short while. Compare this to the lastest Resident Silent Alan where trailers and whatnot instantly tell you the entire fucking plot.

To elaborate on that last part, that is what turned me off amnesia. I quickly figured out that solving puzzles/progressing to certain points, was what triggered enemies to spawn. So I had, really early in the game, a 100% prediction rate on when a monster would appear. And then, if he got me, I just re spawned a bit back. No punishment. The game lost all horror and turned into a mediocre stealth puzzle game. The water thing was a novel change of pace, but same problem. Death has no consequence, so why would it be scary?

Well Satan, its because most of the time people want jump scares straight away for all the Twitch/YouTuber bucks. Its apparent in games like Outlast 1 where it had a really great atmosphere for the start and then they shat all over it completely with jumpscares in the first 5 minutes.

Ah, of course. The normalfags really ruin everything they touch.

Not even. The money hungry, talentless apes that make let's plays on you tube. I mean, have you ever, actually screamed at a game? Or a movie? I don't think I have ever screams since I was a prepubescent child.

I pirated it and then quit when you're the newscrew camera man.

You mean during the Happy birthday puzzle?

I genuinely cant think of a time I screamed. Jumped or paused the game because I felt so unsettled, many times, but never screamed at a game.

I dunno, maybe people are emotionless husks and need lets players to remember what emotions are like.

Well that's obvious as it is. E-Celebs are more or less required to have played the game or at least have read a walkthrough for it once or twice or you'd get situations where they can't solve a puzzle and the entire flow of the vid goes down the gutter.

But if the audience wants the idiot in front of the camera to scream like a chimp every time the player character lets out a fart, what can be done about it?

that happens all the time though. can't count how many times I tried looking up footage for a game, that isn't scripted goatshit like some Ubisoft trailer, where the guy playing is stuck in one spot for over 15 minutes.

I'll happily admit that I don't watch the usual suspects regularly enough (or at all) to deny this ever happens, but I was under the impression the "professionals" avoid this - or mark the game as a "blind" run.

I will make the assertion that 90% of Let's Plays uploaded, by a large channel, are "blind"

Because they have to play new games to stay relevant

No the part near the beginning when you're with the scary house show host.

Subnautica

I always found that game to be way more chill than scary, they could have done more with the color or atmosphere if they wanted it to be a horror game. Also, fish in real life are way scarier than in the game.

Well, you didn't miss much of value. Jack was kinda funny at times I guess.

I agree, I think it's just scary to me personally because I have an extreme fear of large bodies of water. If you dump me in a lake I would shit my spine out my ass.

My dad literally did that, he, me and my brother were out in our lake in a row boat, and he made us swim back to shore. I had just watched some stupid dinosaur show (Primeval I think) with a water dinosaur in it and I have never been so scared in my life.

I have no idea how anybody can like RE7. I pirated it, and didn't get very far.

When the game wouldn't allow you to take the kitchen knife from your girlfriend after she went total deadite on you, compounded with girlfriend popping from around the corner, despite just looking in that area, and the fact that you are literally incapable of pulling out the screwdriver out of your hand, only to have your hand cut off, and ultimately resulting in it being replaced no problem pretty much showed that you have absolutely no agency in that game whatsoever, and thoroughly convinced me to uninstall the piece of shit and never go back.

It's like the game is nothing but predetermined scenarios that only have the illusion of gameplay, but ultimately your choices have no impact.

Ah man, fuck that.

This is true. There is only one real "choice" in the game, between the murder-wife and Who?-girl, right after finishing with the only two likeable (I use the term loosely) characters in the game, and even that makes no difference, really.

My biggest problem with the game was that they started it off with no HUD but the moment you start actually having to use items all the little pop-in windows start showing up. Why are the bolt cutters a glorified keycard instead of a weapon with situational utility?

So how do I stop this bitch from getting hurt?
Just get rid of the enemies before they get her?
Do ghosts harm her?

I actually get more scared of enemies in dark-themed video games where I try to beat long levels without quicksaves.

Quake made me shit my pants every time a Shambler appeared..

Unloved made me shit my pants at the revenants suddenly trying to rape me in a tight corridor, but then it went into the "put a shitton of enemies in a room and make the only way of winning luck" and I dropped it.

The game gets less scary when you build the cyclops, but the first time going to the crashed ship in the seamoth was nerve-racking with loud noises the ship was making and the possibility of a reaper following me.

Bumping this thread to tell you a story that is very spooky while I load my save.

even with the cyclops entering those lava tunnels deep underneath the aurora is spoopy as all fuck (even though there's no actual life in them)

Alright so check this out:
This one time I traveled to the edge of the map in creative mode and descended to a depth of 5000+, I stared into the void and traveled back only to find that the entire map is an underwater island on an entirely aquatic planet, so I ascended to 2368 depth and I built a base on the underside and dug a long fucking tunnel to the surface, switching back and forth between my light and the digging item, being down there was pretty spooky, the only light sources were floodlights and the interiors of the base attached to the rocky underside above the eternal void, and it was extremely quiet. The whole time I was down there I thought an extremely gigantic sea beast would come up from the abyss and swallow my sub whole. I loaded up the game to see if my save is still there and yep, there it is, my little base at the edge of the infinite darkness, have a freaky screenshot my man. Being down here breaks some of the buildings and items, the floater that constructs vehicles, and the bay interior that let's you "park" your vehicles for upgrades and whatnot.

>descend
welcome to the void

I hope they add creatures that only exist in the void, would make the game even more terrifying. Especially if it's just one creature that spawns whenever you go too far into the void near you. The game has so much more potential to be added to it.

Sound design of the game is also on point. Imagine hearing this as you go for a night dive all by yourself in the middle of the ocean.

ethan must die looked like fun

they're going to
and there's always a live version of 5th pic related

My, oh my, is it that time again?

That looks like a dildo

Damn, I had seen the ghost leviathan picture but not the intended context. It's perfect.

ABAP

What do you niggas think of FMV "games"? Currently started The Bunker and it's not bad, although the acting is a bit too exaggerated. I didn't think I'd enjoy it, but I'm actually liking it quite a bit, and it feels a bit uncanny but I can't really pinpoint why.

Here's a download link for the repack: mega.nz/#!idZmjSLS!GTEn7wtVQz0sfkC75TKnUk1B8iQ9iVc2kkhgq77cJF8

The password is: cs.rin.ru

it's shit

Subnautica is an odd mix of comfy and terror that feels totally natural. It's one of the few early access games that's actually not shit.

give her the uzi since she doesn't run out of bullets

Kanoguti games.

Isnt there a game similar to that called Narcosis?

I just wish all their giant sea monsters didn't have the same look and feel

Here's a kemono friends horror fangame, kind of similar to eversion and spec ops the line
inatsuka.com/extra/kemonofriends.exe/

Yeah, it's more of a walking simulator from what I understand but I'm going to give it a try.

these are the same people who did natural selection so I'm actually assuming they're going to tie that into this game somehow

Dark Wood is currently my favorite horror game available.

did that come out of EA yet?

This game had way too much pixel hunting. I remember being stuck knowing what to do but not clicking on the right pixels multiple times.

It wasn't replaced, it was your own hand being sewn again. You gain the inhuman healing capabilities from the virus.

Don't call my waifu a bitch.

Is it in english?

Some parts of it are but otherwise it's in nip, which is a shame since, while not absolutely needed, the text has some importance.

I can't tell if photo shopped or not, either way good shot of an old one user

Ghost Leviathan looks metal but sea dragon kinda isn't that frightening tbh, it is badass looking but missing that horror vibe, should be more unnatural looking like real examples of deep sea fish like anglerfish and viperfish or even blobfish etc

Peel carrots with your ass?

Maybe so, but the atmosphere is sublime

it's shopped by yours truly, just for this thread.

I used this pic for the shop.

The only thing that seemed slightly interesting was some of the DLC, even then it was mostly copies of other things.

Very impressive work user

And very impressive dubs

Thanks user

N-no problem

dubs for deep sea gods

pic related I guess

That's just the thing, there's no telling what people actually want, since publishers are always forcing shit upon us now. I bet a well-marketed atmospheric horror game would impress normalfags just as much. Look at how many supposed Doom and collectathon fans came out of the woodworks recently.

wtf is this supposed to be? it looks like a gnarly dong

a gnarly dong

Alright, downloaded Narcosis, it's pretty much SOMA with the sci-fi existential gobbledygook replaced with natural predators, limited of oxygen and visions of death. Extremely linear and the bulky suit detracts from enjoying the deep sea environment.

Isnt RE7 close to that? I still havent gotten around to playing it yet.

why are eels so cute
sage for off topic

Morays are aggro as hell irl though, which sucks because look at their goofy faces it's begging for a headpat
moray-chan headpats?

Why so many people that Silent Hill is a scary game?

It really didn't age that well; the first part of the game up to when you get out of the school has its moments, mainly because you don't know what to expect, but after that I just didn't feel in danger anymore, the monsters just became annoying. They try to fuck with you psychologically but it never pays off because you quickly realize they are only trying to play some cheap tricks (like playing intense music when get into a room for example), so I couldn't take it seriously anymore.

When they trust you they're like slimy fucking dogs.

Christ, had something like that only that I was trapped on one of those anchored floating rafts they sometimes put in lakes designated for swimming and for me the difference is if the water is tainted and not see through. Never swam this fast before and after this.

Do not sexualise the morays user

Otherwise this happens
sage for offtopic

Nightmare Creatures was fucking great though.

Honestly, modern almost anything cannot into subtlety. I don't know if you've seen the trailer for the IT remake. Pennywise barely even looks like a clown. It just looks edgy, ugly and violent. Not that there's anything wrong with violence, but there's only so much you can do with it in regards to horror.

What's that old saying? People don't know what they want until someone tells them?

Sauce?
She's cute

fuck no. the closest it ever gets to being atmospheric is the Saw bit, and that part's just more funny than anything. the rest of the game is just gross stuff being thrown at you with zero rhyme or reason.

Smart man, everything after the high school level is pay to win bullshit

I guess it was a product of its time. Like most horror movies back then arent that scary now to some but I imagine movies like The Exorcist or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre caused people to shit bricks. I would also imagine playing those games while being young and impressionable would scar anyone, since for a PS1 game SH looks fucking great, and the sequels look even better since SH3 could easily pass for a current gen title.

That sounds a bit disappointing.

Just trying to say not all of them are friendly, unless you want surprise raw facial surgery from a moray

Enjoy your no fingers faggot.

Not saying I disagree but man american documentaries are shit, am I watching an eel attack or deadliest warrior

american tv is the worst and it's infecting british tv which pisses me off abit tbh

I'd have thought that Muslims would hate everything from the West but I guess not
TV is all shit tbh, only difference is how shit it is

Oh lawdy.

do mudslimes hate niggers? I don't remember

every form of media is shit when it's pandered to commoners

Probably some rivalry at best, they don't have a great history with all the arab-african slavery that still goes on

clearly the white man is the issue though

acutally not to bad if you can forgive the "early gta birdseye camera" graphics. and nah its still EA and looks like the devs arent interested in adding as many new chapters as was hoped. I think theres only gonna be the two plus a prologue. Fun game and the night time segments + the rush to get back to your house was pretty cool but imho the days just seem to short.

Now I cant remember the names of these other two games but wasnt there two new cthulu-esque lovecraftian games in the works recently?

Did you only play 4 onwards when it was a shit action series?

Obligatory F.E.A.R. mention.

It was a revelation to me, like an early Devil May Cry.

I know that he basically remade the game from the ground up at some point

oy vey

Ah so you are one of those fags, the cutscenes from the first game were unintenionally cheesy as furtherly proven by REmake.
Yeah, they totally made the controls shit and not because they were early 3D games, Silent Hills too.

Silent Hill*

Nightmare Creatures had something crazy good going on for it, like the silver bullets. If you timed your shots just right on some charging werewolf, it looked so fucking cool to pop them just as they were about to hit you.

Cryostasis. It's a Russian game about getting stuck on a frozen icebreaker with some creepy shit going on. SOMA meets Silent Hill, basically - it's as scary as it is nerve-wracking and depressing, there's so much misery in it that it gets to you.

Underwater rocks and boulders are scaring the shit out of me actually, my brain automatically makes me believe they're monsters, I don't know why

My bet would go on Saya no Uta.
The problem is game itself is quite scary but making you scared is not main point of it.
When you stat thinking about it however. It starts with person that should have committed suicide long time ago and ends with people wishing they actually could just die.

it's not a horror game, it's a romance game

I hate it actually.
Imagine having same sickness as MC. Imagine slowly realizing this is how rest of your life will look like. No horror game I know have come even close.

This is kinda strengths of the game but is not used to its fullest. Regular horror games focuses on stealth to make them scary. Making actual story would be much scarier.
That said Saya no Uta was not only terrible written the choices in it are way too few to even call it a game. It just managed to have very great ideas and use them.

that's basically every VN

And Manga, that is why instead of any proper book I read JJBA.
Or even Japanese games. Nier: Automata made me feel something toward large chunks of metal.

Now use this moment to contemplate on how our market is watered down and boring.

Try to fucking tell me JJBA is not interesting.
Last book I enjoyed is not translated to english and about inquisition in world where Jesus Christ went off the cross and murdered everyone in Jerusalem.
Cykl Inkwizytorski, Jacek Piekara. It is like Witcher but with church instead of witchers.

Also really JJBA is perfect example of the problem. Part 7 fully features Christ as character. Give me AAA developer that would dare to do something like this. All of them will be scared that it is too offensive.
How people that are afraid to offend anyone will write a proper story?

why does that dildo have mold on the end of it?

its evelines? and she forgot to wipe it off after she was finished?

Anyone remember that flash game on sites like kongregate where you wake up in a different version of your house and your locked in and its pitch black outside? That one was surprisingly good, it also had a sequel in a hospital which was a lot different.

poop

who else would love to willingly become one of her subjects?

oh I liked that one

nah, I think it's in EA hell

shoo, go back to the toilet

Maybe if this was early 2000's but these days most people would feature Christ to make some leftist comedy out of it. The thing that surprised me was Jojo having him in a positive light, then again Araki is a complete Westaboo

No talk about Outlast 2?

Well, it seems like a disappointment so far. Far less interesting world and very run-only-in-a-certain-way cinematic segments. I'm sure I remember the original Outlast having more options and places to hide during this run or pursuit segments.

Why do you think?

Try Monstrum?

So i looked up the monster and it's Just a cutscene of a deformed human where's the horror?

Is it a meme game?

Guess I'll never know

Man, FUCK the ocean

What, Scratches? No, Scratches is not a meme game.

I hope not cause I've been thinking about trying it

The RE4 HD reskin is almost done. The main game reskin is complete and he's working on lighting and other technical stuff now. It looks awesome.

you have made an incorrect choice of waifu

I'm looking for a super obscure jap horror PC game that I once saw but can't for the fucking life of me find
I remember you were walking through a hallway which would change the further on you went to these strange eyes and every now and then a black humanoid would appear (think it was smiling?)
It had a simple name like "The Walking" or something along those lines but I can't find anything on it
Any idea?

Cunt

dunno m8 but watch this for your jap hallway fix

pretty comfy tbh

Thats the worst thing to get in a fucking collectors edition box

Jesus fucking christ

is that little Eve's dildo or old Eve?

I fucking love nana's work

How new are you? The tank controls were very much intentional. The fixed cameras were intentional as well and lasted up to CV.

walking by kanoguti

The tank controls from RE1 were not intentional, they were a product of their time.

As were the fixed cameras, the direct result of working around console limitations.

Thank you so much user

Absolutely patrician taste, my friend.

Reminded me of this Kagewani episode for some reason. Underwater spooks is best spooks.

So that Little Nightmares game is out and first reviews seem positive.
Torrent when

Buy games, suppport developers
:^)
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:85454bb2c8e27a87b90b574bb9304fbaec53ef69&dn=Little.Nightmares-CODEX&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fglotorrents.pw%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.to%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fzer0day.ch%3a1337%2fannounce

it looks like a actual decent clone of limbo

I liked Inside

inside was a fucking joke as well as limbo they're both such trash

The only thing that I really liked about Inside were the hidden machines, and even the payoff for that fell flat.

I´m sorry Mr. President, but the english version was not to be found.

Was Heather autistic?

no

I gave up in Outlast because I was sick of all the jumpscares, did it get better?

Speaking of Outlast 2 I read the entire synopsis and the plot sounds completely batshit.

I liked RE7.
It was waaaaay too short, it highly overrated to these people who just gave it 10/10, and it coud use some improvement it its combat mechanics. I would like to have seen them implement a melee system similar to Condemned. You should have been able to use all the various items strewn about as a weapon.

It was an improvement over recent entries, I enjoyed it way more than 5 or 6. That being said I would not spend more than $20 dollars on it, so unless Crapcom puts it on sale I won't buy it.

aren't all videogame characters?

I figured it would be better to ask in here than making a new thread, does anyone have any suggestions on more action horror games similar to Onimusha or Castlevania?

I feel like SCP Containment Breach has passed its prime.
Though it is nice for a change to see a developer still adding things to one's game I feel like there a too many SCPs just for content's sake. It does not make sense to me why there would be so many anomalies concentrated in one site.
Graphically, the game is hopelessly outdated and as said before the animation is stiff. And they still have not fixed the crashes due to memory overflow.
Also, playing as a D class is not very appealing to me.

I don't know if horror is the right word but Maximo and Medievil are similar.

played this game for abit, it's not very scary but it is short, 3 hours

I can't tell if that eel is horrifying or if it's kind of cute.

Inside had a crazy ending but it was pretty bad overall

I figured either horror or gothic are the best words to describe it.

I didn't know it even was updated.
Those are the expendable mooks, right? What else would you want to play as?

Boring topic, who wants to go to the pwanchi burger

It also made very good use of sound and songs though.

Scream is not only a well composed Track, it's pretty unnerving

the one where everyone/everything is a disgusting monster except the loli?

Was actually bretty gud though. I found it wierd being scared by it considering i normally dont even like "picture and writing" games.

Why did it have to be so terrible? I was genuinely excited for it.