There will never be a Wario & Waluigi RPG game

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gbc-vc-injector-for-3ds.434172/
vooks.net/additional-characters-omitted-in-nsmbw-due-to-ability-differences/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What would they do? A quest for money where they get roped into saving a kingdom and eventually think that they've learned to care about things but nah they just wanted cash all along?
And instead of exp they level up by getting money?
That'd be mondo cool.

I'd play it

Can't have Wario in games anymore due to the fact that his artstyle contrasts with Mario or whatever Nintendo said.

Wonder what ever happened with the guy that had been doodling people's ideas as conceptual/character art. Maybe NoA had him whacked.

Nintendo is frighteningly fixated on image now to the point they make Apple and Disney seem like Metallica in comparison.

Who?

RPG games are gay.
Make Bayonetta with waluigi, Wario ate some subspace mushroom that let him throw (literally) massive punches

There used to be some Wario & Waluigi RPG threads that were essentially just "idea guy" tier, but had interesting ways of utilizing Wario and Waluigi as main characters in a Mario & Luigi setting (as well as mocking Nintendo's handling of Wario and Waluigi, such as Waluigi never being allowed to star in his own game being why both brothers might use costumes of Mario and Luigi and leech off the good brothers' fame). Anyhow, one user was apparently quite good at mimicking the art style for Mario & Luigi, resulting in a handful of images like the ones above. He seems to have disappeared after a while, sadly. I was mainly just making a joke about his absence, given how adamant NoA tends to be about killing fan works involving their characters/IPs.

I would call it: Wario and Waluigi: Shekelquest

I mean seriously my idea is the fucking best because waluigi is already known as a great dancer.
he'd be fucking perfect for that role.

I would like it, I would do it, but I would always wish I had the option to do the stupid sidequest for the key, not because I want to do stupid sidequests, but because it makes seem so much more organic when you ignore it and do things the Wario/Waluigi way.

This isn't really Waluigi-related but god damn I really want a Platinum-developed beat-em-up staring Bowser.

Yeah, I was thinking of having it be an either/or thing rather than even being forced to play it the "Wah" way. Basically, have the general option, but keep in mind the way Wario and Waluigi are, and let the player have the option to do things that way instead.

That's not fair, you can't use a title that the original is already a play on

according to who

I was coming into this thread to post these.

That's pretty good

whatever happened to this "Mushroom World and W&W Subparstar Saga" idea from last year?
It sounded promising. It would make for a nice AGDG project.

That's fucking stupid, no wonder why there was no Wario icon on the Switch.

I like it.

You forgot one.

Who is to Blame? Kimishima, Miyamoto, or some other schizophrenic gook?

Nintendo RPGs are great, but I would prefer a 3DS stealth action puzzler personally.

And you fucked it up. Why the actual fuck would you want gimmicky and inaccurate touch screen shit, and in a stealth game at that?

Was thinking what would realistically happen if Nintendo were to do something. Ideally I'd have that as a dedicated button/spot on the touch screen to instantly switch. Maybe have an AI that automatically avoids patrols when you're not controlling them.

For a place supposedly filled with Hardcore Gaymurs(tm), Holla Forums sure is completely inept at using touch screens.

I think the problem lies with NoA bringing odd feedback to NoJ. NoA has talked about theme parks and other insanity, they butcher games constantly despite fan feedback in order to maintain a family friendly image, and they see their properties as cultural icons. In reality Nintendo is propped up by a small but zealous fanbase and Pokemon sales. Most gamers don't like their gimmicky consoles and have been alienated by Nintendo's shit localization practices.

Tl;dr: Asswipes like Reggie at NoA have huge egos and sling bullshit back to the HQ.

There is a fuckton of potential for slapstick bullshit here and the fact that it's gone untapped for so long is a crime.

Honestly having waluigi be forced and awkward would add to the experience I think. Have no one in the game world like or respect him and reflect that in the player by having him use the most retarded controls possible.

Somebody here threw out the idea of a role-swapping 3D platformer instead quite a few months back, I'd really like to see either one done.

Ah, that thread, good times with Not Mario and Not Luigi or was it Mario? & Luigi?

Are you trying to recreate The World Ends With You?

Treehouse translation team, Twitter, Nintendo Directs, TV/print ads, the back of the box, even Reggie and other NoA members.

Did you read that in their voices?

Probably the entire cabal that's still breathing - Miyamoto, Sakamoto, Takeda. There's a bunch of other guys with colossal egos I'm sure, but Miyamoto might be the worst of them due to his association with so many well-known names.

NCL gives zero shits about anythong NOA says since Gamecube times, I think that much should be blindingly obvious.

I want edgy to come back

those were the days.

Damn these are good. I would love to see disguised Wario and Waluigi in action.

For the better
nunintendo has gone to shit these past years.

Shit, I deleted the picture of Princess Lychee I had saved.

My friend and I once sat around and came up with an idea for a Wario and Waluigi game where they're stuck inside video games that are parodies of other Nintendo IPs. Each level would play like a condensed version of whatever game it's parodying. We came up with a ton of ideas, but the only ones I can remember is a Zelda clone where Wario is Link and Waluigi is Navi, and a Pokemon clone where Wario is Ash and Waluigi is Pikachu.

I've been playing Wario Land 3, which was possibly my most played game as a kid, and damn, I'm getting a lot of nostalgia.
We'll never get a Wario Land Virtual Boy 3DS port will we?
Or another game for that matter

gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gbc-vc-injector-for-3ds.434172/

Here you go. Trust me that shit works. For most games

I got and played Shin Megami Tensei II for a bit and it worked just fine.

ok explain this to me
ma-rio = wa-rio
luigi=wa-luigi
that's clearly wrong
it should have been wuigi or something

Oh shit, i forgot to mention that you need a n3ds or no virtual gaems 4 u.

Waluigi sounds better I guess.
They also wanted to have a character WaruPeach for Mario Tennis on the 64 but Miyamoto said no because she was too sexualized apparently.

Wario Land 3 is officially already a VC title downloadable from the eshop
Secondly I'm already playing it so I don't know why I'd want to VC it

And you're wrong here too since all VC but the SNES ones works on o3DS

I appreciate your effort but I have not seen someone this wrong in a very long time and I'm very impressed

The "Wa" comes from "Warui" which is basically "Evil."
It's only "Wario" because "Wamario" didn't look or sound right I guess.

Bowser is a lizard, from his perspective humans are monkys.

But peach is calling bowser a hairy ape, not the other way around. That makes no sense.

It's because she's a racist and all the villains look the same to her.

I still don't understand. A turtle isn't just a different race from an ape, it's a different fucking species, fuck, they aren't even the same class.

Wew

Enlighten me.

What jutsu is that?

What a roguery no jutsu

Watashi no Hecks

Anarcho Capitalu Jutsu

It doesn't matter. Thanks to Paper Jam, we can safely say any creativity that the M&L RPG series now had is kill. Just like Paper Mario.

Kill yourself.

That means no Wario or Waluigi in Universal Studios, only minions wearing Mario's attire.
BIG FUCKING WEW

But that's a theory a gaping asshole theory.

What?

Mario and Luigi are needed to deal with a new threat to the Mushroom Kingdom who calls himself something like "The Golden King" or something. He's Gold is the point. And he takes peoples gold. Anyway he kidnaps the princess for her riches and when Mario and Luigi set out to stop him, in comes a Bob-omb which knocks both of them out, and Wario/Waluigi go instead because they know that will piss Mario and Luigi off. Whatever happens their motivation needs to be malevolent because in the end they ARE assholes.
The ending could even have them having a parade in their honor, but they're really pissed off because that's not money.

It would be a Superstar Saga type game where Wario is stronk and Waluigi is nimble. Most of their "bros attacks" have Wario using Waluigi as a weapon or projectile.

I really like this idea though. Like they go around intentionally making the two look like dickheads

The title says "Mario and Luigi" but have holding the "M" obviously taken and inverted into a "W", while Waluigi has scribbled a marker in front of "Luigi" so it says "Waluigi".
Then just title it "Wario and Waluigi: Winning Big"

Im already dead on the inside

At least i tried, sorry guys.
This is the reason i rarely even post

>in the process, save village from fires and whatever else was going on, but that's just a byproduct of their shenanigans

Obviously Nintendo would never roast themselves that much, but the idea has a lot of potential. I'm less sure as to what would happen when the duo actually get the university running. One idea:
But this may be too political, or at least too on-the-nose.

Funky Kong.

He said character, as in singular. What's Diddy Kong, then?

If memory serves, it wasn't just so the Wah Brothers could ruin Mario and Luigi's reputation, but also a meta joke, given Nintendo's refusal to let Waluigi have a starring role in any game, whilst Luigi at least has gotten Luigi's Mansion and Wario having a pair of series of his own. Thus a shitty disguise kills two birds with stone.

there is a rom rpg with waluigi but it sucks hard

A nigger.

I foresee it going the same way as the block folks from Inside Story taking a massive affinity to Bowser but outright shunning mario and luigi.

What Miyamoto confirmed that Wario is not a playable character in NSMB because he would look weird not farting every second.

One more thing I'd like add, the reason why Waluigi doesn't appear in the Wario games, is because that would call Miyamoto's attention and start fucking up things.

nice avgn quote, you must have a lot of notes in tumblr.

I know that from the interview where he seemed to be joking about the Wario fart thing, but it still sounds stupid. He didn't fart in SM64 DS, he was just heavy, slower and could punch through certain obstacles (and use the metal power up).

That same interview mentions they can't use Peach because of her dress and yet she's playable in Super Mario 3D World with it intact.

There was recently a did you know gaming video that was discussing smash bros 64. Seems that there is a pattern that even the normalfags are starting to pick up:

Notice that a lot of the shit projects that have been done recently are due to people listenin when miyamoto says no?

Let's see if a bump fixes this.

One of my oldest fantasies was to have access to the Internet of alternate realities, to download all of the shit our monkey paw universe can't have. This thread just makes the pain of the loss of that which I never had, all the more bitter.

instead of using a non-argument filler like a cuckchanner, why not try sourcing your shit or quoting something that is true, like Miyamoto holding back Wario from NSMBWii because "muh fart attack" a shit.

that one's actually true
vooks.net/additional-characters-omitted-in-nsmbw-due-to-ability-differences/

why live?

No fucking duh, but then that I would trigger you 'cause "muh fucking archive"