Dawn of war 3 is a shitshow

let's all gather and laugh at SEGA who ruin this great series by making a shitty attempt in making this game closer to other popular RTS.

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tesseract_labyrinth
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There were several starcraft 2 streamers who completely switched from sc2 to dow3, which I thought was funny.

Arch is a condescending pretentious prick but he's totally right about how bad DoW3 is

he do speak like one, but his lore video are petty nice and funny to listend

That happens all the time. They typically do that so they can get more viewers and have the gimmick of "LOOK GUIS PRO SC2 STREAM PLAYING THIS WEIRD GAME I DO NOT NORMALLY PLAY XDDDDD"

that s the only explanation as to why they would play dow III

It's the only big RTS for 2017. Simply out of hunger people will play it.
This is probably the one time I wish we had less RTS just so people wouldn't be forced into this.

Can't wait people to roast the game once the horrible AI is revealed.

Why can't devs make challenging and non bullshit cheating AI anymore?

Because that takes something that's been driven out from the videogame industry: Talent.

Not really. He's a barely scripted rambling foreigner who uses swear words way too much, even for YT.

because they don't care and if they did they could make 5 times as much money minimum making AI for other companies. video games hasn't been the home of gifted programmers for nearly 20 years.

I don't remember an RTS AI that doesn't cheat at higher difficulties. Maybe wc3 or suppcom, but I'm not sure.

Very few bother to actively shit on dow3. Everyone is hyping it up despite huge flaws. The situation doesn't leave you with a lot of review videos worth a shit.

???

He needs to edit his script for redundancy, he says basically the same thing multiple times in his video.

As if there was a time when such AI existed

Spoilers on the campaign because the book is fucking out and someone managed to nab it.
A greater daemon was imprisoned and the planet itself was its prison. Farseer Macha convinced Angelos and Gorgutz to use a lot of dakka on the planet to destroy it. After the destruction, Macha transported them and herself to a void world(which she described being the last remnant of Archeron) and all three of them fought the daemon who got released from the prison. They defeated the daemon and they all went their separate ways. The End.
Now, the Epilogue actually hints of an expansion. Someone(Necrons) was watching the fight, and they got angry that their creation got destroyed(the prison, tesseract prison?).
DLC factions and expacks for factions and retarded, skins, esports/streamer faggotry with fucking goons and jewtubers, fuck it all.

i remember F.E.A.R .. but IIRC they just used to tricks to make it work, in reality they wasn t that intelligent.

true. but i dont think his video are made to be watched, they are meant to be heard.
I listend to it while doing something else.
that s why i like his video, he put accent on words perfectly so that you can just listend while doing something else and still folow him.

also as it was said here
his:
is quite enjoyable when he gently (in tone only) "bash" something.

Unexpectedly, a story worth of C.S. Goto or Matt ward.

*Unsurprisingly

What am I even saying

Nice shilling of your shitty video.

What the fuck am I reading? That sounds like such a stupid plot especially the ending where they apparently convince the orks to work with them and then everyone goes their seperate ways instead of of the Orks wanting to fight more, the Space marines wantings to purge and the Eldar wanting to fuck everyone else over.

This game is truly such a shitshow.

Fuck off haters, the game is great.
Take your outrage culture back to 4chan and stay there.

What

Undoubtedly Matt Ward approved.

Not buying it, they'll just milk people with skins before they release more factions and custom tools to make your own game modes, because Dawn of ASSFAGGOTS is not fun in the long term.

Get back to sucking GeeDubs' cuck you mong.

Necrons hate the warp, they built "Tesseract labyrinth" to capture and hold the beings of pure energy (C'tan and apparently warp-based beings like Daemons) wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tesseract_labyrinth and they did build the Cadian Pylons to close up the Eye of Terror.

Maybe it was a Slaanesh Daemon and they wanted to tap dat ass.

So its DoW1's story but worse in every single way?

You haters don't belong on this site.
Fuck off.

The butthurt here could spawn a new Chaos God.

Because it's already been done and you only get cockteasing at the end if the book is accurate enough, for the next DLC faction, Necrons.

Now shoo, shill your goon jewtuber ASSFAGGOTS in reddit.

Don't think i didn't notice the organized push her against this game months ago, you goons can fuck off back to cuckchan and roll in your shit there, here we love games.

This is some explosive butthurt.

are you seriously trying to bait ? that must be one of the shittiest troll i ever saw

I told you to stop.
Don't make me report you!

Do it faggot!

DoW1 also cockteased you, but it cockteased you with the release of an ancient demon. Not some enemy is butthurt because you broke their shit.

Kill yourself.

I warned you.

Necrons got fucked by Matt Ward into Space Tomb Kings WE WUZ, they're always butthurt in mysterious murderous genocidal metallic undead assholes now they're just goofy fucks. And Necrons are always pissed when mankind manages to fuck things up by helping the Warp go stronger.

I knew they were used against the C'tan, but Daemons is news to me

This, newcrons are silly
They didn't even have to completely rewrite 'crons to include new fluff

well, yeah, that's the point. AI doesn't need to be smart, that's a waste of effort. It needs to make you feel like you're fighting an actual opponent. FEAR did things like place triggers in parts of the maps to make the AI use choke points and navigate around obstacles the way a human player would. Trying to make a general purpose AI to do those things would be much less effective than just faking it in a believable way.

Sounds like it, and I'm pretty sure this plot had been recycled in DoW2 too.

DoW2 retribution was the worst campaign ever made , maybe DoW III will beat this feat.

vaults of terra > > > > shit > arch warhammer

he skip a tons of lore, its nice ot get a quick info on something but that's about it.
Arch go deeper.and is more entertaining to hear.

when the fuck are they just going to make a dawn of war?

i'm going to be waiting forever for a good video game won't i?

please just give me an up-to-date dow1.
please just give me a challenging tera-style-combat mmo.
please just make total war campaigns not more simplified and less fun than homm3 campaigns.

what the fuck is even going on anymore?

The fall of rome western civilization

Nigga, Necrons live in trapezoid and triangles and shit. The fuck how they ain't pharoah?

Dow2 wasn't shit
It just wasn't DoW

Dow3 isn't DoW and is shit

DoW 2 wasn t shit DoW2 was dow
but dow2 was more centered around unit preservation and tactical use of the new affect of the game like dynamic cover.

Arent both oldcrons and newcrons canon?
I thought newcrons were oldcrons that rebelled against the C'tan.

Im sure that would trigger them.

No
Oldcrons are completely gone, you can have personalityless crons, but other than that they're no more since the C'tan were for the most part shattered

Ive been terribly missinformed then.

I noticed it was at 16,000 Steam owners 2 weeks ago then it jumped to 30,000 a few days ago.
I was going to ask why but I suppose explains it.

>>>/suicide/

This, it was company of heroes 2, 100% identical except for the armors and weapons.

never ever

DoW II added many thing regarding strategy and tactics.
the only thing it removed was base building and meatshield units.
tactical marines felt like tactical marins. be it from the start or finish due to the leveling system .

DoW II deserive his Dawn of War's label

DoW III do not.

What, clicking on a set point in a tight corridor?
Pressing X?
Using instakill grenades/spells/abilities?

Much tactics, such depth, wow.

o I am laffin

DoW1 story wasn't bad - it wasn't some over-reaching bullshit that was too complex, it was a classic Warhammer 40k type of deal - right when you finally defeat the Hydra, Cthulu himself appears or something like that. It was grim.

This is truly a fucking tragedy. I'm scared to even get any new books with Necrons in them anymore. I feel like they won't just gore an IG in the most methodic way possible, they'll make some grandstanding speech about the history of their people and how they were oppressed by the Cosmic White Man.

Ironically, WH40k itself needs to be fucking purged.

I wanted more brutal Dreadnought lines, more gratuitous sync kills for every faction, better IG unit organization, and I get none of it.

No, it really didn't. I played the shit out of that game, but it should have been called "WH40K: Tactical Squad" or some bullshit like that. They were just too cheap to fucking write some new material. With the title "DoW" that already gave them characters, a setting, a timeline, and a background story to piggyback off of.

And that decision to deviate from DoW is what destroyed the franchise. If this had not occurred and the original game had been respected, then whoever was in charge for this clusterfuck may not have gotten this signed off on and we would have truly gotten a DoW II

leanr to play then come back

Reminder:

Did you only play the campaign? I think you only played the campaign
Yeah you only played the campaign
Yep, definitely a campaignfag. You're worse than roleplayers in Rust. Play more ranked faggot

Yeah its not the developers. Relic can do no wrong. Its all SEGA becauseā€¦ reasons.

Seriously though fuck off retard. SEGA isn't AE/Activision forcing companies to make shit after THEIR vision.

What is destruct-able terrain ?

good goy,
you really think sega wouldn t try to milk DoW ? are you retarded ? or just extremely naive?

Did you see that youtube screencap of the Librarian quote made in the comments section? And how the supporters of DoW III were saying the quote was stupid?
I'm going to try and find it, but in case I can't, somebody post that shit.

No I haven't seen that, but I've had people tell me that quote was stupid, even though it can be applied to many things, like the Obama presidency.

Explain Bayonetta then.

Really? No, that has little to nothing to do with it. I'd say it's more to do with upper management being desperate but risk-averse trendseekers like so many are these days.

If they were so fucking risk adverse why didn't they just make dark crusade but better like fucking everyone was asking for. Now this game has to compete with every other ASSFAGGOTS and is doomed to failure.

Its not really DoW2. Its the Last Stand bullshit that completely overtook DoW2 because regular DoW2 is fucking garbage and Last Stand was at least somewhat fun. So now Relic is just taking a page out of what is popular and a page out of what people seemed to like about their previous game.

You know, instead of making a good game like the original Dawn of War that everyone actually wants a sequel to and catapulted the series into popularity.

Nu-Relic making games that appeal to nu-males. Turns out it's shit. Go figure. More news at 11.

the relic you knew and loved is long fucking gone. there is not a single person who worked on coh (classic and expansion, not 2 and online) and dow1+2 still on the team.

Then they're stupid and fail to understand it at all

I'm talking about how they're acting now, faggot. Also, as I recall, II was closer to the tabletop in some ways, which may have been their intent.

Nevermind the scores of players who wanted things as they were in the vanilla game, not downgraded like the rest were.

Really? I got tired of Last Stand.

How? Relic probably gave them free copies.

You're right on 1st and s2nd, but not the 3rd.

Eldar don't just "fuck everyone over" as a modus operandi. They would just walk away.

Isn't this the beta?
Maybe there willl be other game modes.
Or i'm just too optimistic?

This has happened before in Wiemer Germany.

He is but he's also not fully bought and will speak his mind of the game is shit, which puts him above 99.999% of Youtubers anyway. I'll take his condescending tone over the shilling.

Doubt he'll be getting many review copies now though.

It is kind of stupid, because it implies hoping at all will only ever lead to disappointment. It will lead to disappointment if you think hope is all you need to solve things. You're not supposed to just sit on hope.

see

What the fuck are you talking about, the main point is about disappointment not about all hope. Besides they are fanatical about faith instead.