Battle Brothers

Battle Brothers thread.

Post yer company.

Any tips?

torrent link?

The fuck fam

why does that skeleton have progeria?

What the fuck, that ain't a human skeleton.

It's a FEATURE

So does anyone know what influences the difficulty of contracts/enemies? Completing Ambitions?

Spears front pikes behind and watch everything get raped except orcs or skeletons.

When does the lategame start?
Some kid told me that war between houses is coming. but nothing is happening.

No idea, I thought completing Ambitions advanced the game in terms of difficulty and shit, but I can't find any information about it.

It should be around day 70-100 iirc.

Ambitions don't really do anything besides the reward for completing them.

Are Swordmasters worth the shekels?

50-60 gold per day seems a bit much.

It's not meant to be.

Renown and difficulty level

Day 88-108 iirc.

No since they grow old plus you're paying for their gear without any discounts. Get a bastard or a noble if you need some heavy hitters and those fieldworkers aren't up to snuff anymore.

So why is their salary so high?

Level, stats, background. Bullshit mostly. And stop being antisemitic.

I remember trying to get into this game but there is just WAAAAY too much RNG dependent shit in it for me. It's like Darkest Dungeon in that respect - both games are turn based of course and both rely very heavily upon RNG to conclude almost all high stakes events. I had enough of it in darkest Dungeon when I lost my A-team to the literal piss fuck of all rolls, I had enough of it in FTL with that bullshit, and I had enough of it in games such as this. To me, jagged alliance 2 is really the only system to take the emphasis off of RNG and more upon tactics, and decent play of your team mates, and even so there's still some dodgy moments to be sure, but I'd be willing to say that the integrity of your team doesn't depend on the roll of a dice, but rather your competency to be able to effectively outfit/command your squad. And I've not once seen a squaddie miss a shot at point blank.. Or maybe I did but perhaps it didn't quite matter as much as it would have done in say x-com when your Base gets stormed by aliens.

i feel bad about pirating this game cause its good

Because you just charged straight ahead at those tanks, FALs and Bolters in Meduna, right? Your own fault for trading blows and not expecting that some of theirs land. Same as X-Com or JA for that matter; know thy enemy, adapt, rape, repeat.

DD has bullshit where you can end up proper fucked completely independent from your competence. This shit has counters which when respected trivialize most enemies before they get a chance to usually do any lasting damage. I'll concede to the nachzeher bullshit being straight up bullshit

Give me a break.

this is bait right?

I felt bad about pirating it because I couldn't get the crack in the pirate copy I found to work.

Where do you think you are, goy?

I love how the brothers picture changes when they get a permanent injure like missing ear or nose.

Also love the AI. They dont come rushing into your spearwall, except dumb zombies or beasts. And they actually stay back, when they have archers.

Dont know how to spec my xbow users yet.

Also dont really know why experts say student is a bad thing. It makes you lvl up faster and you dont loose the perk.

Nigger, you're just going to love necrosavants.

But I'm a bit curious why you bother with the flail, did they buff them in a recent patch or something? And I found that (cross)bowfags work well with crippling and adaptive since that covers their second weapon without needing to invest in melee skill, be it pike or longaxe. Dodge, pathfinder and the one that allow you to ignore zoc or swap positions are probably a good idea.

Also, dogs and nets.

The combat is great. I wish the world map felt more real and not a procedurally generated mess.

You're essentially one perk behind until level 11 for the benefit of getting there a little faster. I don't think it's a bad thing but it's a choice, while other perks just give you straight up buffs to stats and stuff.

Just trying it out. It basically ignores shield and has a skill that directly hits the head. Might be good idea to put on someone that already has +% to hit the head.

I know, but the first row doesnt have really good perks. Although I put pathfinder on all my archers and I'm thinking about quick hands. Recover might be good.

Nine lives seems a bit of a waste
Colossus only on guys who have lots of HP
Dont really care about adrenaline
Fast adaption is meh. You want to always hit, for this perk to work you need to miss a lot.

Pathfinder is good on everyone. Colossus on high HP guys. Recover is situational but helps in long fights vs undead.

I'd say colossus is a must have even if you have to burn a level up or two boosting health. Adaptation helps stack the odds in your favor, and it really shines against vampires. It also has a weird synergy with dagger or spear specialization and like I said earlier it can help your archers to counter goblin anticipation or be of use when using pikes.

Crippling is one of the best perks around since you're only a bolt or two away from completely neutering a zerker or a knight who figured shields are out of fashion.

I don't like adaption. It gets worse over time and compared to backstabber the bonus is very small.

Backstab is only +5% per ally not counting dogs, isn't it? Those 8% from adaptation are multiplicative, not dependent on positioning and work with ranged.

It's 8% but it goes away after a hit and requires you to miss before you get the bonus, the better your guy gets, the less useful it is. It's never useless but there are serious diminishing returns after you get some melee/ranged skill. Backstab is always on and can stack up very high if you position well. Doesn't work with ranged though, yeah.

So, any Armor/Helmet that isn't destroyed during the battles is received as loot, right? It looks like it, but I'm not sure.

I think it's random but if it's at 100% durability you always get it.

Is this game fun?

Yes.

Didnt think the enemy was going to attack, thought he was going to turtle with all these archers. Moved my archer forward and he got surrounded. Thank got for footwork.

That's a very shitty OP : no torrent for the game, no explanation about what it is and what's the goal.
Kill yourself.

latest version 1.0.5.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1493930d3a955f93e42c1722326f2cc471cdbfac&dn=Battle+Brothers+v1.0.0.5&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

low fantasy med-evil hex turn-based tactics with a focus on inventory management. Build your own merc company on a random gen map with a metagame kind of like Mountain Blade, doing favors for other human factions until some crazy end-game war happens (undead army invasion, orc and goblins uniting to WAAAGH, or humans waging war on each other.)

Why didn't they go the extra length and make them full bodies instead of… this. I can't stand looking at this shit.

Ever heard of google, you retarded nigger?

Evolution.

Whatever works for you, I guess. Except flails. Fuck flails.

Yeah the art style is extremely off-putting for me too. Otherwise I would have picked htis game up instantly the second someone compared it to the original X-COM.

This literally looks better, though.

In my opinion that mock-up looks like a flash game.
Current style is fine, the people just need legs.

Did they ever give a reason why they decided to make everyone legless?

It does and it was iirc.

No user, it looks like mobile shit. Full figure would be fine but if the artist picked this so he could feel special or stuff twice as many details in the same size sprite I'm OK with that.

So you're saying the style is NOT fine. The heads-only part is the problem. I don't care if it looks like a flash game or not, I just don't want to look at this retarded ass head piece art.

Seeing that the main data is 7-zip friendly you can always edit them yourself.

Also, are axes any good? They seem good but sooo slow

Axes are the all rounder weapons, they're pretty viable all game. Hell pretty much the only weapon that isn't viable late game are spears.

2-handed axes will rape shields and put people in the dirt on a hit, but doing either eats all your AP.
One-handed axes don't do quite as much damage, but a shield is a nice thing to have, and i don't think it uses as much AP.

What's wrong with spears that makes them less useful late-game?

Leave and never come back.

Oh fucking hell, the game looks a lot better than when I last played.

Spears don't do enough damage armor or health wise, and a lot of late game enemies are armor sponges or undead.

They're more viable than spears are, simply because of the above reasons, there are too many high end enemies with a shit ton of armor.

Spears rape vampires thanks to that base +20%, they can and will save your ass against anything short of massive pikes and the reason why you should have at least four dedicated archers thanks to their area control potential. And if some lucky fucker does manage to slip past your optimally four 90+ melee skill headhunting spearmasters and doesn't take five direct hits to the head in the process he's usually just one decapitate from background splatter.

Maces literally don't do shit against orcs or undead since they don't care for fatigue or stuns, and like flails they can't keep up with the numbers of massed footmen, militia, ghouls or whatever.

So, what's the endgame challenge you're talking about, mass legionaries and immortals? Knights? If you don't have a couple of dedicated hammerers you're likely fucked anyway, but having a couple of spears means that A: you can corral them and B: their heads are vulnerable to cleavers.

Flails are awesome. You just go for the head and loot tons of armor in perfect condition.

I guess but wouldn't cleaver decapitate or dagger puncture accomplish the same?

I swear, this fucking game.