Your GOTY so far?

Pic related. Have been blown away by the sheer scale and polish of this game, which kickstarted for fuck all and change.

Best metroidvania I've played, period. Can't believe the sales are so mediocre despite a ridiculously low pricepoint.

Other urls found in this thread:

igg-games.com/rain-world-free-download.html
gamestorrent.co/rain-world-plaza.html
gamestorrent.co/rain-world-update-v1-01-plaza.html
mega.nz/#!QmRgWIzb!p2DYP_YMyAPe06vLogbGsvDIuk6CU4FgVk8jd5Ldhow
mega.nz/#!UmZSzIJL!qUgTN2GVR4fTmwET-gakJQcNwFJwzfTOtGGqb2BerYc
mega.nz/#!xvJGAJpK!Y7my_U5yF0n5sePbFnkhbMog10gEc94vabF5aMVJ5MU
mega.nz/#!c3gCVI7Y!qbex9iSF_gUq7M_nodPcdZChg1Ojg-84QLNf3wwdxAI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bonerlord

Zelda
You know it's true

NieR Automata.
Hollow Knight is a great metroidvania though. I really appreciate the effort pun into the graphics especially. So glad they avoided shitty flash tweening.

majoras mask really is GoTY all year

Yeah, it's a tossup between Hollow Knight and Nier: Automata at the moment.

Yeah baby, you can take a long fuck off a short bridge.

Persona 5

They'll be 2018 releases.

Bayonetta's PC release

It's really hard though

Shit user, I did better than that on hard, on the goddamn 360

It says I get bad scores on combos, what the hell are those?

you know how you press x x x x and y y y y?
stop doing that

Nier: Automata, Persona 5, Zelda botw
this year has been preety great so far.

But that's how it punches and kicks?

Jesus user
And here I thought I was bad for being a button masher

It's also how you will be sucked.

You have to mix it up for style points. Also, witch time boosts your scores as well, how much do you suck at dodging?

Oh I fucking get it now, those techniques, but theres so fucking many of them, how am I supposed to know all of them, and I can't even do most of them since the enemies attack me and break it

Literally a bland metroidvania with tedious, outdated backtracking. The gameplay provides nothing new, and the only thing above average in it is the art style.

Is it better than momodora ?

Among the mest metroidvania maps for sure and a very solid plataformer though it need more different kind of movement avilities for me to place it at the top
Truth be told though, i'm not sure what kind of avilities this game culd have apart from the ones it alrready has
Overall, this game is the metroidvaina genere at it's finest the execution is flawless, and the game is sooooooo good that it really bothers me that it doesn't bring a single new thing to the table… i'm not asking for a gameplay inovation with every new release, but just something that can be considered like hungry bug/little shadow's the MC gimmick
That cristal powered shine spark for example, rather than going in straight line it'd be super cool if you could control were you flight wich would allow to make the game harder by adding some Battletoads Trubo Tunnel like segments, for a game as "git gud" as this one, s Turbo Tunel would kick ass

Are you playing with mouse and keyboard?

Yes

The thing that I see most people forget is to hold the attack buttons.

Yes I think so, but Momodora has a different kind of charm.
I got the true ending for Momodora in 5-6 hours, whereas I've been playing Hollow Knight for 29 so far.

Not that I disagree with your comment, but how drunk are you?

You posted it OP

Among the mest metroidvania maps for sure and a very solid plataformer though it need more different kind of movement avilities for me to place it at the top
Truth be told though, i'm not sure what kind of avilities this game culd have apart from the ones it alrready has
Overall, this game is the metroidvaina genere at it's finest the execution is flawless, and the game is sooooooo good that it really bothers me that it doesn't bring a single new thing to the table… i'm not asking for a gameplay inovation with every new release, but just something that can be considered like hungry bug/little shadow's the MC gimmick
That cristal powered shine spark for example, rather than going in straight line it'd be super cool if you could control were you flight wich would allow to make the game harder by adding some Battletoads Trubo Tunnel like segments, for a game as "git gud" as this one, s Turbo Tunel would kick ass>>12398456

Is there anything we can do about shills?

It's getting impossible to talk about video games because retards like you who don't know how to actually spot shills just call discussion of any game they haven't played shilling.

Yeah, in a kind of really unique and interesting setting kind of way. In a loaded with boss fights and secrets kind of way.
What? Do you know what a metroidvania is?
So what? The execution and blend of elements is what makes the game

Have you even beaten the game? If so, you have absolutely piss poor taste to have that opinion.

It's fucking garbage and only shill would praise it.

So stop shitting your pants, do what the thread asks and suggest YOUR GOTY user.

It's a western indie title that is being sold for money. It's fucking shit.

Either Bayo PC or Nioh, of the ones I've played so far. Then again I have copies of Automata and Yakuza 0 I haven't touched yet and half of the games I was looking forward to haven't come out yet, so I hope it's one of those

Jesus christ user, pull it together

But where is the proofs?

Probably the first indie survival game I've liked, and I like it so much.

Honestly it's really good. It starts off as this simple survival but the more you figure out what you can do the cooler the game gets, like you can get the lizards to like you and follow you around like pets
And you can also slay the dragon(the big ass vulture thing) although I still haven't been able to pull it off.

fuck
igg-games.com/rain-world-free-download.html

Yakuza 0, everything from the story, characters, music, combat systems, minigames, and the large amount of shit to do easily make it the best in the series and one of the best games to come out in a long time, it was totally worth the two years it took to get localized.

Theres also Gravity Rush 2 which I'm enjoying right now, but I'm not sure if I'd call it GOTY material, I left on Chapter 10 right now. That said it is a major improvement in the first game since there's actually shit to do besides story missions and those stupid pointless challenges, statis combat actually can be used now instead of needing to stand near objects to throw them, the controls have been improved instead the pointless touchscreen controls on the Vita to dodge or gravity slide, the lunar style is a welcome addition, and it certainly feels longer than the first game.

Let's not forget the torrent version and the update/patch gamestorrent.co/rain-world-plaza.html
gamestorrent.co/rain-world-update-v1-01-plaza.html

It looks like a shitty flash game.

it's not really "survival", no crafting, only 1 meter that doesn't run out unless you sleep, technically it's not open world coz it's divided with the gates
my point is, it's nothing like minecraft, rust nor don't starve
the demon bird creeps me the fuck out, maybe because it looks like an eva style angel

Honestly the thing that creeps me out the most are the large orange worms. Just the way they move is enough to get me startled.

And fuck those invisible lizards.

It is.
Stop bumping shill threads.

How are we supposed to talk about video games if even mentioning them is shilling?

Tie between Ys 8 and Nier:A thus far.

Why are you still here fag, just hide and report

kys

To raise awareness, since mods do jack shit.

Explain how we're supposed to talk about video games we like. What qualifies as shilling?

Yakuza 0 with Toukiden 2 as a close second.
Ys 8 probably would have been my GOTY if it wasn't for the unfortunate turn of events

Probably Nier, since I haven't seen anything else come out this year that's really caught my interest.

continuously creating the same thread with the same image about the same shitty sjw indie game is certified low effort shilling that should be instabannable offence

You've offered no evidence of this. Also I don't know if you noticed but there are plenty of other video games discussed in the thread, is that shilling too?

really hard toss up, yakuza 0, neir, nioh, bayo pc and zelda are all really good shit.

first time in a long long time that has me asking myself what I want to play instead of "fuck all this shit sucks I got nothing"

also I'd say congrats on super bomberman r for not being a complete shitfest. I expected the absolute worse and instead got something good/ok. also when vic viper bomber out?

I do understand that you like they game and it's actually breddy gud, reddit spacing user, but it's fucking 4th month of the year, not even the end of it, how about you wait like 6-7 more months?

Offer evidence it isn't, shill-kun.

Where have I heard this before? You're more sjw than you think user.

I only played a couple hours worth of two games that came out this year but from what I did play, BotW > Automata so I guess that's my choice.

I'll finish them when Automata gets cracked and when I can run BotW better with CEMU (need to upgrade computer soon).

Yakuza 0, if the western release counts. If not that, then Nioh.

I did like Nier Automata too, but it just hasn't grabbed me quite the way it seems to have with most people. I think it's the combat, it just feels really offputting in a weird way I can't describe.

I agree with the way you described it. Not sure if I'd call it GOTY material, but I'm really enjoying it regardless and it's a huge improvement over the first in any case.

It's Ni-Oh, so far.

t. Someone that grew up too late to play flash games

That's literally what you did. You can't come out with some bullshit statement then tell people to prove you wrong.

I normally don't really take people who complain about shills seriously but holy shit, there's something up with the amount of threads about this game. Especially the fact that OP had to specifically state that price for it is "ridiculously low" when most people on here just pirate all their games.

Utawarerumono Itsuwari no Kamen and Futari no Hakuro are coming out in the west this year. Other than that yeah not much.

It's the first google result for "hollow knight", I think marketers would have more material to work with

RE7

I think the main issue with GR2 is the fact that the story just doesn't feel as interesting this time around compared to the original. Even though GR1 didnt resolve every plot thread there were some genuinely trippy moments along with the fact that it was a new IP, and with GR2 the whole military/class division thing just doesnt interest me along with the fact that it feels very slow so far.

All shilling aside, how is this game? Outside of the obvious shills and haters, reception seems pretty lukewarm. That's not generally a good sign for metroidvanias.

Please keep in mind I will be purchasing it for the sweet sweet price of $0.

It's ok, worth a try at least

The "proofs" are the devs following SJWs on Twitter. Yet no SocJus bullshit is in the game so I don't fucking care.

Persona 5.

It's dripping in theme, the soundtrack is pretty good, controls are responsive and I like the area layout and overall design of the game, what's going on, etc. The problem that it has is that outside of specific few instances (Trial of Fools, White Palace if you're not used to SMB-style platforming) the game is fairly easy if you've just diligently pursued upgrades. It boasts of "30 epic bosses" but a lot of them are very simple. In my mind there's only a few stand-out bosses in the game: Soul Master/Soul Tyrant, Mantis Lords, Broken Vessel/Lost Kin, Watcher Knights, and the real final boss. Even those are fairly simple, but almost all of them restrict your ability to just go ham on the boss and facetank them while using Quick Slash because of their patterns.

I had a problem with v-sync where with v-sync on the entire center of the screen was tearing but it didn't with v-sync off but cutscene bits would have four or so pieces of the screen tearing at once (like with the tram arriving) etc, some people have had issues with the performance but I played it relatively recently and didn't have problems.

One thing is that you're used to metroidvanias with multiple weapons you're out of luck: you have the nail and that's it. You end up getting 3 spells on top of the nail and the ability to customize your layout kind of similarly to Paper Mario with Notches and Badges Crests, and there are hidden combinations etc. About the game being easy, you're at least not directly forced into upgrades unless you want to 100% the game, so you don't have to grab health and soul vessels etc.

I think they put a lot of attention into little things in the game that reward you for exploring and reading, you get an ability later on that gives you short blurbs about what people (alive or dead) are/were thinking and it can be interesting to just try it on everything and get little bits and pieces here and there. For having the "we fucked up, it's Mines of Moria 2.0 with bugs" theme it's not a game they made overly grimdark or light-hearted, you find segments of both and I appreciated that they didn't go full 2deep4u. Took me about 25 hours to beat the false final boss, took me 33 to 98% the game but I looked up where the locations of some things were for completion percentage.

7/10 to 8/10 depending on how much you like the theme.

Yeah, agreed. I feel like GR2 handles characters better than the first, though, even if the first's story was probably more engaging (compared to 2's so far, anyway). I've only played about 6 or 7 hours of 2 so far but I already feel like the returning characters are more fleshed out than they were by the end of the first.

dodge
partitioning

I played like that the first time I played Bayonetta too. I believe it was my first stylish action game.

Teach me your autism user.

Nice writeup. Outside of the weapon system and easyness, it sounds alright. I will pirate it right this instantness.

Don't be too impressed, some of that comes from checkpoint scumming. Otherwise I had the advantage of having played the game on console a few times before this

Is this as good as Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight? Which was damn good.

Can someone please give me the mega links on that page?
I'm asking because igg-games is blocked where I live and using a proxy redirects me to a page that says "you're not using this on our website" and basically tells me to fuck off.

Sometimes I think crying shill should be a minor bannable offense if there is zero evidence.

mega.nz/#!QmRgWIzb!p2DYP_YMyAPe06vLogbGsvDIuk6CU4FgVk8jd5Ldhow
mega.nz/#!UmZSzIJL!qUgTN2GVR4fTmwET-gakJQcNwFJwzfTOtGGqb2BerYc
mega.nz/#!xvJGAJpK!Y7my_U5yF0n5sePbFnkhbMog10gEc94vabF5aMVJ5MU
mega.nz/#!c3gCVI7Y!qbex9iSF_gUq7M_nodPcdZChg1Ojg-84QLNf3wwdxAI

Thank you a lot.

Unrar with PASSWORD: igg-games.com

I don't think this one was passworded but whatever

Nier:Automata definitely.
i'd put yakuza 0 as a close second but i'm not sure if you can even count it since is was only released in the west this year.

the site said it was passworded, I'm not downloading that shit to find out.

I really wish the OPs regarding this game didn't always sound like a painful cross between hyperbole and sales pitch. I really enjoyed the game, so it's nice to see it getting signal boost in some way, but damn if it doesn't hurt to read. Plus now it has the general association of being "that goddamn indie shill game" whenever a topic shows up. If you like Metroid-style games you should definitely give it a pirate, sure. "Buy it if you like it" is something that should follow organically if the player feels it's worth the cash.

Really makes you think.

Dodge while holding down the pistols/ranged button.

All this talk about BoTW is making me want to play it. Would anyone else recommend it? I'll have to launch up Cemu again.

Turok 2 Remaster

Its trash, its Japanese Skyrim
Don't listen to the Nintentoddlers

japanese skyrim is horizon zero dawn

What year?

ftfy

Also, can CEMU even run BoTW decently or is it still shit?

Runs decent, not playable till the end though.

As in its a "bad game" not playable, or "not playable" as in glitches and bugs?

this

Both

I really like this game

Pretty much this, you don't want to tap the attack buttons instead of holding down to extend ever unless you're using Kulshedra/Pillow Talk and/or you're trying to pull of a Wicked Weave before Witch Time ends. It's a rather neat way to discourage button mashing.

I agree. No need to feel embarrassed, user. Have some pride in your taste

>>>/oven/

insecure pussy detected

Nintentoddlers should be sent to the gas chamber

watch the edge

Nice try jew

If its such a shitty game why don't you give a somewhat detailed explanation on why its shitty than breaking an arm jerking your own opinion off

rather than*

Fuck, I don't know. This year has been fantastic so far. A friend gifted me Automato today for my birthday, and I've been loving it so far. And then I was gifted Bayo the weekend before.

I haven't played BotW yet, but I want to.
Knowing that there's more heavy hitters on the way throughout the year makes me so fucking moist.

-Butterlord
-Total WaWa 2
-Sonic Mania
-Division Normandy 44
-Firepro Wrestling
-Ace Combat 7
-Ni No Kuni 2
-Serious Sam 4 its this year I just know it
-Pathologic Remake
-Outcast Second Contact
-EDF5
-YsVIII
-Spellforce 3
-Sudden Strike 4
-Routine
-Endless Space 2
-Blitzkrieg 3
-Xenonauts 2
-Rising Storm 2 eat shit Gibson
-Ultimate General Civil War
-Shenmue 3 and the remastered ports Sega has been teasing
-System Shock Remake
-Baldr Sky hopefully this year
-New From Title
MUH

I've returned after playing it about 4 hours straight or so. This is actually a good game. It's well polished, simple yet mechanically fun, and upgrades are abundant enough to provide enough skinner box to keep you going yet still sparse enough that you don't become a walking god instantly. I like the aesthetic, too. Dark tunnels and bugs on top of bugs, but it all meshes together because of good artistic design.

So far, the only thing I haven't liked is the story. Story does not belong in this genre.