Shit you threw out like a sack o' taters

Games you got rid of withing minutes of playing. I'll start with this clunky, slow, poorly written, pozzed trashheap.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/6910/discussions/0/613936673444809191/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dark souls, one of the shittiest ports in existence.

I never heard of it. I looked it up and all they showcase is combat which just goes to show it's prolly shit for a RPGlite.

Odama

This pile of shit had the potential to be the first evil campaign RPG, and then nu-Obsidian pozzed it and released it with unfinished garbage story.

Doesn't begin to describe it. I'd go so far as to recommend you trying it out because my "review" wouldn't do it justice.

How do you know the story is unfinished if you dropped it?

I uninstalled it after about an hour. It was boring as fuck, full of walls of text that don't lead anywhere.

It's SJW propaganda, one of the main characters is a faggot. The game failed horribly, sold really poorly and they spent a ton of money on the voice acting

It was still a huge success with redditors feeling all GAMER and shit for playing an obsidian game (even though it's just an empty shell now)

I tried getting into this game but the the factions made no sense to me. The Purple guys are apparently meant to be noble and honorabru knights but they butcher civillians and POW. While the Red guys were meant to be a savage mob but all they would do was force people to fight in the army.

All of their main characters are faggots thank you very much. ALL of them. Hell, your character would abandon his country to tyranny, his brother to being gutted as a traitor and his name and office being dragged thru the mud but he'll come a-running at the first sign of his ex gay lover ending up missing.

What the fuck were you expecting, you dumb double nigger?

What did he mean by this?

The worst part about this game was how every single fucking npc you meet was more interesting than your followers imo

That should immediately tell you there is something wrong with the game. Those faggots are some of the worst people on the planet.

Both of these had issues. Neither were especially 'pozzed' 'sjw' or whatever the current buzzword is.

Tyranny was fun and had a few bright moments, including one of the best magic systems i've seen.

The worst part was them making it an RPG. It's clear they wanted a walking simulator of some kind, I am almost finished and i've had maybe 4 or 5 fights the entire goddamn game.

You're right about party members being shit, why did they even include them if they weren't going to do anything with them?

It's pathetic how unambitious Tyranny really was. It didn't even try to place you in a barbaric world ablaze in conflict and strife, it just feels like another romp through fantasy land, except with more pederast faggots.

Was wondering when the first from dick sucker would appear.

What's not to get? Purple is a stand in for any number of historical professional armies. The Wehrmacht may have been supremely competent and fighting for their homeland but shit still gets real when you let them loose on the slavs.

How did you miss the rape camps, mass genocide, etc of the red guys? The only rule was you get to avoid getting Red Armied if you joined the Soviets.

You're describing any multi-ethnic empire state. I swear to god, you'd call the Persians pozzed.

Boring gameplay and they made everything a fucking gray eyesore.

Last I heard women were not considered people in the Bronze Age.

Because they were.

You bloody serious? The Tiers are pretty much fantasy tumblrland. Only woman gets to inherit lands, and man gets the ship . . . in the bronze age. And also 5 minutes into the game, Eb pretty much argued with you that "men are stupid, important matters should be relegated to the 'better sex'" when you called her out that at least Overlord is fair to both sexes while her garbage Tiers that she is so proud of is pretty much unequal.

Also the Beastmen tribes "Males can't be alphas."

Also every 'stronk womyn' rebel leaders are pretty much rude tumblrites as in when you want to talk/negotiate with them, they pretty much scream "fuckofffuckofffuckofffuckofffuckofffuckofffuckofffuckoff" and flips you the bird, then send soldiers to die out at your hands, then says you are ebilz when you rightfully and lawfully execute her.

Not sure if 4D chess is at work here, but at least you can get to kill all of them if you want.

I would be fine with all the text as the original planescape had that I rather solve issues without fighting in RPGlites. The deal is all the writing in Tides is so random and amateur while you move slower and the UI is uglier than the old game. I was really turned off by the whole "hey now imagine this" and then "lemme hold your hand" tutorial. After I got to the main game I was smacked with shit dialog options instantly and some virtuous/evil character building trait just by talking to people. It also looks awful. All lazy CGI and nothing seems drawn or organic.

Skyrim. Every damn mechanic sucked shit and the equipment all felt the same.

You missed melee combat consisting of autistic flailing

All I'm saying it's that it made a lot of money because both paradrones and redditors (which is mostly the same thing)

Ye but did you DROP it quickly? I mean I got rid of Tides in 14 minutes.

There's a reason Paradox keeps releasing all those retarded DLCs for their games. Hell, Tyranny has a bunch of shitty portrait jpegs as a DLC and I bet you the reddit cucks lined up to pay $5 for it.

Now I get why I didn't like Tyranny. You are supposed to be a bad guy but all the "evil" stuff that happens, happens far away or stuff that was marketed as evil in game you discover it's just shade of gray normal human behavior.

Purple Guys are not evil, they are tribialistic - they have strong family values, they value law and order they are even noble when it doesn't hinder them. But the only thing that really matters to them is loyalty towards their kin. To some on paper it may sound like they are evil nationalistic butchers but in practice you discover that they are basically one big family with Blue Santa Claus as their dad.

The Red Guys are closer to evil had it not been for their humanitarian bullshit. When you hear about them they are supposed to be this chaotic horde of thugs and psychos. They are said to torture their prisoners (their leader can even mind rape people) but you never get to see or take part in it. And what do you get when you meet them? Pretty chill dudes and gals that like to fight, they are even pretty merciful because they allow their enemies to join them, after defeating them.

And The Big Bad? He is just your standard dictator that bring law and order to savage shitholes. Modern IRL comparison would be Assad - not the nicest guy but at least he is honest with you. If you fuck with him he is going to bring Edict of Sarin Gas on your ass. If you don't cross him you will have working judicial system and access to various commodities of his vast realm.

tl;dr you don't get to be cartoon mustache twirling baddie, just boring weak shade of gray lawyer that can't really make any interesting decision

Women being considered being people has been a staple of rpg's since forever. If your standard for pozzed is the same as high fantasy AD&D shit since the 80's you were never going to be happy in the first place. Aside from magical world shit like GOR i can't even remember a setting that's as regressive as you want.

Not that this came up but they are allowed to do world building. The idea that women stay at home and men go exploring doesn't seem that 'problematic'.
I never used her since I was already a mage, and the librarian guy was much more interesting, but don't people say she was a skinner box that disagreed with you no matter what? She was meant to be a bitch.
You can't be serious. There's nothing wrong with mimicking some animal species in your beastmen.
The people you're meant to subdue, crush, and execute are rude? Why the nerve of them.

You miss the point. The game is supposedly set in the fantasy Bronze Age where evil won (or is in the process of winning). It shouldn't be like every other generic fantasy turd, neither because of the historical period (predating Christian morals) nor because of the subject matter.

Found the cuck. Back to Holla Forums with you.

Those don't sound like bad things. That's just nuance.

Is your complaint that you didn't get to go full blown 'that guy' CHAOTIC EVIL LOL?

The fuck is happening in the webm?

Coked our nigger "miners (dumbass with pickaxe)" rush police because they feel they should be paid more.

You don't even need to go mustache twirling villain. Just put the player in a reasonably realistic Bronze Age setting and let him work it out.

You never get to make the choice whether to sack a city or not (and suffer the consequences), you are never met with instances of racism or non-kosher sexism, you can never behave like a Bronze Age person. No, you just get to ape off Overlord 2 choosing between "chaos" and "order" flavors of "evil". Goes to show how far Obsidian has fallen.

No, I'd say you're just repeating yourself. You wanted this game to be on the same level as GOR and just don't understand why developers won't cater to your magical realm bullshit instead of a standard baseline seen in similar fiction since goddamned tolkien.

Oh boy what word triggers the pol rejects today? You just go ahead and tell us what word to use that's the opposite of pozzed fuck face.

What past Obsidian title treated women as not people or engaged in anything close to real world racism?

I hope they're not using rubber bullets.

Spot on

I blame Sawyer

I know we're right next to Holla Forums on the board list, but you understand that to anybody not that batshit insane that 'assad level dictator' is 'evil' right? In this context, there's no good reason to expect a developer to go beyond this.

No, "Overlord" fails because you never do anything goddamn evil in them. The 'good' guys are always corrupted or secretly evil themselves. You never get to go out and torch the countryside.

You missed the point totally. The game is shit because most people including me wanted to side with Kyros at the end because he is exactly what you said, an overlord who bring order to the bronze age barbaric shithole. But we cannot because of the retarded half-baked story that is like 10 hours long.

And instead of being 'Fatebinder', a judge-jury-executioner in one fine package. You get to be everybody's bitch at the same time and get fucked in the ass at the end with no real power except for few instances beginning of the game.

Pretty much this .

It really was just that fucking lazy. I don't even know why they pitched it as a game "where evil won" other than the fact they drank their own Kool-Aid and bought into this fantasy they were the cRPG developer with the best writing team (despite all the good writers having already left). They could have just made another generic turd and it would have still sold on the Obsidian brand alone, kikestarter basically guarantees they won't lose out on money so long as they manage to shit the game out.

You're correct on that. Half the reason Obsidian games are so shit is because there is no one around to tell Sawyer to go fuck himself.

You can't have it both ways. If Kyros is a competent evil dictator overlord who you would side with, he's also smart enough to kill the threat a player represents.

Nope. Besides an FN FAL shooting rubber bullets would kill you anyway.

Mass genocide, rape camps, mass population movement, strict universal laws, etc. etc. You know you're complaining that the equivalent of Sauron wasn't evil enough right?

Offing a loyal competent lieutenant because they are competent is not exactly what I would call 'smart'. It is digging ones own grave because if that plan backfires, it will end up a disaster especially if you are an overlord with so many people who would want your head on a stick, chances are they will flock to your ex-henchman. and consolidate power.

A better move would be to secure their undying loyalty. Even "if" you are weaker than your right hand man, but he is faithfully loyal to you, your ideal, and eternally grateful to you. You are pretty much a true ruler.

Planespace being a gem was just pure luck, all these rpgs sucks ass

Assad comparison was made as a joke, it doesn't really apply in context of this game.

The game TELLS you that Hegemon is evil but it never SHOWS it.
Aside from edicts you never get to see the evils of The Hegemon, and as an insider it is you who would see the worst side of his empire. When you travel the land and meet his generals and judges and so on, aside from few nutjobs like The Voices of Nerat most of them are not bad people, there is no corruption and law is pretty good for a Bronze Age world. Combine this with the situation - the whole world is united under banner of a dictator that (in context of the world) doesn't terrorize his subjects with some fucked up laws or impossible taxation.

When I played the Tyranny I was thinking if the conquered people are right in their revolt because in the current situation it was the Hegemon who was on the side of peace and order, not them. That combined with the fact you can't side with Hegemon is why I felt that "evil won" marketing didn't deliver what was promised.

Yes, the lack of siding with Kyros, was a major mistake. Makes the game seem like it lacks self awareness, that you are not dealing with evil but shade of gray.

It is obvious that power uping the player was Kyros plan. I don't buy it that it was his incompetence.
He killed of dangerous allies in the past so he is smart enough to recognize danger, he gives the player too much authority, does nothing when player starts fucking around with Nuke Dispensers, plus the game doesn't allow you to stay loyal to Kyros. You are meant to become his opposition because he wants it.

Pretty sure that's exactly what he was asking for.

I want to cum in Hegemon

You are in luck because Kyros is grill

I don't exactly remember any screaming pozzed moments from Numanuma either, though I haven't finished the game yet, but some of its developers are fags fam

not a single game but if anything has those lazy cut-in portraits whenever people talk, think Persona or the hundreds of shitty RPG maker games, then I tend to give up really quickly. bonus points if the portraits have rudimentary mouthflaps that just make it look worse.

Just fuck off with that crap already.

He does know the shitty, pozzed setting that is Numenera takes place a billion years from now and those "humans" in the game aren't even related to the current humans, right?

I mean, he's a dude that worked on the game, surely he familiarized himself with the source material, right?

Every CoD game after MW3 all but Ghosts pirated
I don't have anything else because I'm not a 50-IQ nigger and can tell if a game is going to suck before throwing money at it.

Hey man, fuck you, Obama was badass. You want a real hunk of garbage shit, pic related. I don't know why I expected anything different. Anyone who actually paid money for this busted ass old car you've driven a billion times before, but now with dice in the mirror, is fucking retarded. Especially since they proved that the PS4 version is a remastered copy of the PS3 version, literally a port of a last gen game.

Persona 5 is the epitome of style over substance. Some of the characters even do the fucking Dreamworks face.

Same. Such a shame it carries the Torment name.

Dsfix is great, but don't you dare defend how shit the port itself was. The community should never have to do the dev's job.

Trips of truth. The original book was okayish, then tumblr whales began to wrote 'supplements' like the pic related and like dumbfucks they are, the publishers says it is canon because 'community' and shit.

New Vegas. I endured Fallout 3 until about halfway through (dropped it when I found out I couldn't just butcher my way through that place full of kids), and then when I decided to give NV a try, about 10 minutes in I realized I'd rather blow my brains out than endure another minute of this garbage.

It was Monte Cook quality garbage straight out of the bat. Shit setting, shit mechanics, nothing even remotely interesting not done better before.

I never played it but from what I read, from codex IIRC, you share your intelligence, str, etc pool with your health. Sounded rather interesting to me

How is that interesting? Do random clusterfucks fascinate you?

How the hell is this random?

The inherent problem with that mechanic, as was shown in Torment, is that you can just bruteforce your way through most problems by just dumping points into it.

It's a shit system coupled with shit fluff. It's a microcosm of all the damage leftists have done to tabletop.

Explain to me why the whole pool thing does make sense and isn't arbitary game mechanics for game mechanics' sake so they have something to sell to gullible retards. All I can see additional bookkeeping and abstract bonus point system. I fucking love keeping tabs on abstract meaningless shit to determine what happens in abstract game mechanics. It's like playing a board game except bad and ponderous design is a feature.

Pointing out that "well it's not THAT pozzed" doesn't mean it isn't there. Just one or two of those examples would be irrelevant and just part of the world, but when you see the same pattern, SJW talking points and ideology reflected all over the world and story, you've gotta admit there's a pattern there.

There was some visual novel game about romancing an AI or something, but the protagonist ended up being some limp-wristed faggot who can't understand that Kirk is best captain, so I immediately trashed it. I think the dev wrote a sequel about being raped by transgender otherkin or something, so I probably dodged a bullet there.

this sounds like those Digital and Analogue games.

Is "pozzed" the new "cuck"?

Pozzed is much older than cuck, faggot.

something consolefags dont understand because it ruins the every pc port is shit narrative

both are fucking old and both came into overuse more recently with neo-nazis being empowered by a trump win and edgy 14 year olds trolling Holla Forums and running with it

You don't know what you're talking about, and you type like a fag.

Not only do you type like a fag, you argue like one too. You don't know what you're talking about.

wow you were alive in the 1200's?

I'm going to fucking butcher whoever ended up turning this game's concept into an ugly and generic FPS

That's not what I'm really defending. I'm just pointing out that with a simple fix you can play the game just fine.

Albiet with shit mouse controls and forcing the game to run in 60 fps causes a few bugs

Good classcuck, vote Trump.

Why would you throw out a sack of perfectly fine potatoes you fucking cunt?
I've had it with this board.
First the shit taste in games, then the shit taste in anime, then faggots like OP who throw away potatoes.

Holy fucking shit, kill yourself

Nice trips Irishfag

But HOW can games carry HIV?

Haven't you ever heard of digital transmission?

Yeah I admit this was kinda dumb. I ended up playing it to the end though and not dropping it in a second. I guess it helps that you have nothing else to play.

If you take all these terms literally you don't belong on imageboards.

Yeah no shit. I heard there were like comics and books too, when I go to look them up it's san fran clique crap. When you play the original game there's a lot of sexism and racism that people just ignore while everyone is white or a monster like how fantasy always was. Also every single female was stacked and like medieval times sold their bodies for jink.

Why are you throwin' out sacks o' taters? That's good food you're throwin' out. Stop throwin' out sacks o' taters.

Throw them taters out they grow in the pile, I need to eat these here beans afor they done up and spoil.

If you don't eat them in time, potatoes are one of the most vile things that rot.

I once let a sack of potatoes in the basement, forgot about them and came back in a year. I could not physically approach with the smell that bad.

Is it true that potatoes that've gone green are poisonous?

All potatoes are poisonous. Don't believe a word one of those copper haired whiskey kikes tell you. Why do you think they're called french fries? Ain't nobody gonna trust irish fries.

Potatoes are related to nightshade, you might be on to something here.

Fuckin' English and their anti-Irish prejudice

Aa user said theyre part of the nightshade family which includes tomatoes too.

Not sure of the toxicity of a green potato but raw potato skin can upset your stomach from its poison. Cooking neutralizes it for the most part. The meaty white part is pretty much pure starch

The fact that it's a game where you're supposed to be evil serving an evil side, yet you're still shoehorned into killing an evil dictator at the end, is enough to turn me away from it. That shit's retarded, shouldn't the final boss be like a party of heroes or a good king/rebels or something?

I got through the intro and to the first combat sequence. I saw how terrible it was and uninstalled immediately afterward.

Nah, wasn't luck, KOTOR 2 and MOTB didn't have any of this nuobsidian shit.

You going to name some more examples?

Tim Cain, one of the devs behind FO1 and Troika

just

this sounds so fucking stupid. is a flexing arm for strength and a brain for intelligence not enough?

wait, so he means the symbols will show how high the stat is not what the stat is? that's even dumber.

I doubt he is that much out of his mind. He probably meant something like this.

Yeah, but in a fucked up setting like Planescape it just makes sense to have all that, everyone big or small lives in that game and not everyone has it good.

In Numale Era it felt too shiny and too perfect with only petty crime going on and you being so fucking special. Not only that they cut so much shit and changed so many art and areas that I can only wonder what the fuck happened. They really dropped the fucking ball.
I was really hoping for a Planescape 1.5 or whatever but fuck it pissed me off.

Yeah, that went well.

always hated that shit. it's just a pointlessly spacious way of showing 5 bars.

Ach, French fries are also made from taters ye fooken cockgoblin

STAY AWAY FROM ME GOLD

OOGA BOOGA. WHERE DA POTATO WUMMYN AT.

The gameplay was so clunky that I couldn't even finish the first level.

You're baiting but I have to agree, I've tried several times to play it and I just don't fucking understand how

I've had several friends who quit after before finishing the first level because they:

1. tried to play it like a typical shooter
2. couldn't find a way into the statue
3. got pissed they couldn't shoot hardened robots to death with a handgun

my conclusion is that 95% of gamers are just flat out too retarded to play anything more complex than DICE shooters

I tried playing this a few years ago. Quit after about 5 minutes because I'm not playing a game where the MC runs at mach speed and I'm still expected to aim

I tried sneaking, and I just flat out couldn't see anything because it was too dark, and using the flashlight alerts the enemies. Also I couldn't find out how to take people out silently, because I use the baton, then hit them, but some enemies survived after it. Should I just say fuck it to the stealth?

Stealth is the best way to play that game

To me it sounds like there's an issue with your brightness settings, or you need to install some quality-of-life mods that clean up the graphics for modern systems

I maxed the birghtness and got the fix for running at 1920x1080 @60. Could you recommend some brightness mods? And should I just flat out avoid people in stealth or is there actually a way to take them out quietly?

Torment in the beta actually had a fairly cool introduction quest with a lot of action that could hook you into the world. The game was mostly the same, boring shit after you got into the world, but the start was good. Then closer to release they "improved" it and stripped out everything interesting, leaving only the bland walls of text behind.

there's a thread on the steam community that might help, although I'd recommend not using the HDTP mod's new character models: steamcommunity.com/app/6910/discussions/0/613936673444809191/

you could also just try using a different graphics renderer. you can select these in the game's launcher.

as for the baton/stealth knockout issue, you should put some points into the low-tech weapons skill as it will increase the damage the baton does. also don't be afraid to use the prod, which is hands-down the most useful weapon in the game. aim for the back of the head, or the base of the spine where the torso meets the waist. also, don't be afraid to just avoid enemies - sometimes it's better to just time the guard's patrol path and move around them than waste a prod charge to take them down.

other generic tips:
- people meme about swimming being useless but leveling it up at least once is a good idea
- priority skills are lockpicking and electronics, followed by computer
- always carry some EMP grenades to deal with bots
- develop a system to "sweep" areas and rooms for items and supplies. be sure to check in corners, under desks, etc. good inventory management helps a lot in DX
- always look for alternate routes. often times there will be more than 1 (or 2, or 3) ways to get to where you need to go.
- some augmentations sound useless, but aren't. utility augs that allow you to reach hard to get places are often more useful than combat-oriented augs

Thank you user.

enjoy the one true GOTYAY buddy

when you're done you should try out The Nameless Mod (fully voiced, full-length mod with two branching paths) and The Burden of 80 Proof (fully voiced, very short mod with Office Space style humor)

He should try GMDX and ignore the meme trash.

say what you want about the 2000s-era-internet-forum humor of TNM, it's still probably one of the best mods in terms of both quality and quantity of content

> See that mountain? You can't climb it.
Holy fuck this game is awful. I'd say the title was representative of how I felt about it, but to be honest I got it for free and so all I felt was disgust at how it pretty much defines triple A "cinematic" crap. The "story" is derivative and uninteresting, the savages have comically terrible voice acting, and within an hour of playing I could not give a single shit about anything in this polished turd of a game.

I even had a hard time remembering the name of this piece of shit.
I gave it two chances, separated by some years.

had to believe it was made by the same people behind Rogue Squadron.

PS3 had a game?

Just the ones I could think of off the top of my head.

Was that the one where you had to rotate your controller to control the character?

I had RAGE too, I was able to beat it because it was a generic no-frills shooter and not anything else. I'm use to those at this point.

Are you black? Only niggers have an issue with this game not being GTA enough.

Yes, I believe Sony were the ones who pushed them to do that, but later they added the originally planned controls because it was unplayable.

Yeah I know peasants used to eat them raw and get poisoning, but come on. Get on with the times.

Personally my problem with the game was it wasn't close enough to pic related.

We have to sell our sixaxis gimmick!

No I have a problem with sequels having less content and worse design decisions than the game that came before it.

It actually worked fine for that game Flower. Not sure how they could drop the ball so hard