PS3 Thread

I'm going to be getting a jailbroken PS3 next week and wanted to know what some worthwhile games to pirate for it would be, as well as some tips on how to not get it banned for PlayStation Network during use. Charts and pictures are bonus points.

I already have
and this chart. Anything else I should be on the lookout for?

Other urls found in this thread:

psdevwiki.com/ps3/CECHBxx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MLB The Show is missing from the list and Scott Pilgrim and Sega Rally are both unavailable on the PSN Store.

Dragon's Crown

SSX 2012 is bretty alright.
Midnight Club LA is alright
Red Dead Redemption, just give it try at the least

Would it be worth getting a 160 GB version or is a 120 GB version enough for most games, by the way?

Fuck, how did I forget that brawler?

Yes, I've had a Western itch for a while now. PC has no good Western style games.
Thanks for the list mate, will definitely grab a good chunk of those.

>160 or 120
If they're all going to be digital, then you want something large than that, like 500GB at least. I'd say it depends on how many games you want to download. Your average game can be anywhere from 5GB to 20GB. Maybe get an additional drive/external drive on your PC to put all those isos that you're not using on your console, and download them via local networking as necessary.

persona 5 ps3 has a lot of issues. It's a pretty big jump playing on the ps4 instead.

What problems aside from 15fps sometimes in shibuya central street and poor LOD and shadow ranges?

Where should I go to find myself a NAND flasher for my OG PS3?
Any reputable sellers I should buy from?

I can't seem to find any old PHAT PS3s with the 4 USB slots. I was told these old one play PS2 and PSX games natively without any emulation or "Classic PS" garbage. I tried playing an original ps2 disc (or was it an iso image? Can't remember now) on my friend's jailbroken PS3 with 2 USB slots and I couldn't get it to run, something about "PS Classics" or something.
Is there a way around it? Is the PS3 Multiwan and Median software supposed to be so cumbersome and unintuitive?

Well, shit, man. I don't know what to tell you. I know that I have an old fat 80gb ps3 with 2 slots, and it doesn't run ps2 games. Something about it being a later revision of the 80gb or something.

I got lucky with mine. I went to the GS near me and asked for any used ones, and when they told me they didn't have any, they printed out a page off their receipt paper with the locations of all the GSs around with one used - in my case, only one. The guy there was cool and knew what he was talking about when he sold it to me, told me that despite there being three major versions of the PS3, there were a myriad of minor revisions to each model, and checked if it was PS2-compatible before he sold it to me. I went and picked up a PSVita TV that had a hackable firmware while I was at it.

If anyone wants to tell me where to get a NAND flasher now, that's be cool

All PS3 models can play PS1 games via disk, though I think even then there's a few games that might have issues running. Something about all PS3 systems using an emulation based system to play them. With the really early models though, namely the NTSC 20 and 60gb, they had PS2 hardware built in and can play most PS2 games from the disc (I say most because I wager that, like some of the later makes of PS2, some PS2 games wound up finicky even on the system they were designed for use with). The NTSC 80gb meanwhile has only partial compatibility due to using software emulation, and as such you'd need to do research on which games actually work and how well they work as well (Wikipedia has a list, I think; not sure how complete/accurate it is though). If you were trying to play a PS2 game via disc, it would HAVE to have been one of those models to work (and with the 80gb, that's a "maybe"). All later PS3 makes had the PS2 disc compatibility stripped out.

Anyhow, if it was an ISO you were trying to play, it wouldn't surprise me if that would take a loader program to have ran digitally. I think I've heard that OPL has a PS3 variant, but I could be wrong.

The best PS3 model is the CECHB, just replace the 20GB drive with a 500GB one. Also can anyone help me find a PSN zombie game, it was two words long and was twin-stick.

psdevwiki.com/ps3/CECHBxx
Neeeext

Dead Nation?

Thanks cunt.

Aside from the shitty puzzles and walk and talk sections, it's alright gameplay wise on survivor/grounded mode. The MP was a fairly decent mix of Counter Strike and Metal Gear Online at a smaller scale as well.
It's a shame the MP is stuck on consoles though because it was actually neat with its dynamic climbing system and scavenging for craftables.

Get yourself the Killzone games.

I thought Killzone was garbage? It was touted as the PS's Halo killer but everyone forgot that the PS2 had garbage hardware and were surprised when there were two enemies on screen at all times

it is, we have a second thread in shot time about its shitines

I'm planning on grabbing some disks too from a buddy who is selling his PS3.

Vanquish and Catherine are definitely on my list

where the hell im supposed to buy e3 flasher? are those flashers on aliexpres legit?

Full Auto 2: Battlelines if you want an exclusive (sans PSP port) Twisted Metal like game.

is the 4.80 jailbreak legit? every site and post I find about it sounds like a bunch of spam bots and the sites are all fishy as fuck

Sonycronies pls go.

Well, they were prone to failure, I'm lucky I've got a CFW one that can do anything playstation barring the PS4 but that has no gaems Essentially you're going to have to go through the emulation route for those, which I personally don't recommend because
Unless you find a fat model and put a shittone of storage into it, mine's running on 3TB you're better off modding a PS2 with the HDD softmod.

Fuck can you jailbreak a CECH-3004B at all?

How does a movie have gameplay?

>NAND flasher
>there's a solder-less flasher out there
I'd still go with sending your PS3 to a reputable PS3 forum user. If you're in the US, look up PlayerKP on PS3hax. Turn-around time was really fast and it only cost $40.

The Rebug firmware with the Cobra payload has really opened up the PS2 emulation. So far, I had zero problem; but I'm a filthy casual that plays a lot of mainstream western titles.

You actually sneak around insta kill infected areas and fight bandits gangs in between the cutscenes, wood pallet "puzzles" and walk and talk sections. The MP was 100% gameplay as well. It's not a David Cage game user.

It is, don't listen to the autist.