Kenshi Thread 4

Wow we hit bump limit again I did not expect such enthusiasm toward this game edition.

Its an open world, squad based RPG built around getting the shit kicked out of you until you level up to kick the shit out of other people. Also there is base building.

Site:
lofigames.com/

Most recent torrent (probably):
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:01078BA1065960F2D312B367EB85E834B6634D2A&dn=Kenshi_v0.95.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftrax.corbina.net%3a6969%2fannounce

Other urls found in this thread:

lofigames.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10836
downace.com/ecS7
lofigames.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I have a super base, Idk what to do now.

I may start completely over since I've been using the same sqauds imported throughout versions.

Anyone have any ideas for a meme worthy new game?

Start with a rock bottom character, setup near holy nation cities, and attack any of their troops that get close.

-A few minor stability fixes
-Few fixes for nests like not re-loading buildings.
-Added option to delete savegames
-characters now fetch food when in owned buildings in other towns

-More stability fixes
-Fixed faction relations not getting positive effects when joining eg Shinobi Thieves
-Fixed initial light state for lights on roofs
-Possible workaround for failing to detect video resolutions

Waiting for new torrent

Bandit Lord playthrough. Use recruitable prisoners and caravan mods to make it work.

The last bit probably won't happen until the game gets updated a bit more though.

Too late user, I have started a character with man and his dog, as a robot in Holy nation territory with 13 creds and a puppy.

Trying to sneak through holy nation territory and get to worlds end.

I like that, next playthrough I'm going to do that.

Fucking retarded.

It will probably be added later when the job system is fleshed out.

Is this game some sort of 3d alternative to rimworld?

randscape arr rook same

Kind of? Although its more focused on being an RPG than a colony sim.

Never get that kind of offer before.

fag game for fags.

When the hell are we getting portable crossbows or bows or pneumatic bolt drivers for our squad members??

Come on kenshi dev, don't tease

After 1.0 most likely.

This is wonderful, and I love each and every one of you faggots.

At World's End? It's just a guy that you can recruit for 3k cats. He has unique dialogue.

They did say it wasn't priority didn't they? I can't wait for ranged weapons as well, i want muh muskets and boomsticks.

no homo

Ohhh, will check for that guy once i got back from exploring the south.

I was recently playing a lot of Rimworld before I started playing Kenshi, and yes, it's simliar in the fact that you have a squad and you can build a base and you need resources and get attacked. After that it is quite different, Kenshi has a large landmass with cities, regions, biomes, shops to sell/buy/steal from, tech to hunt down. It takes me about 4 hours to walk from north to south and when it's finished I assume it will take 4 hours to walk west to south too.

Torrent seems to technically work, in the same way you can technically walk on a broken leg:
Maybe it's just my computer, but it allocates memory at the speed of snail (or inverse planck speed), and from investigating the log files seems to be throwing exceptions and warnings about everything from missing files/classes/rain to missing skeleton animations. As well as taking up to 4 minutes to load a mesh.
Are you faggots waiting 30 minutes to get into the character creator from launch? How long does it take the world to load for you guys?

Are you sure you're not using a fax machine to play? It took me a minute or so to get into character creator, and i alt tab to my browser while i wait. Loading into the world takes a minute or two.

works on my machine m8 :^)

Is this game good yet?

I got it like 8 years ago

I doubt it's ever going to be objectively good.
You'd probably have fun if you played it, though.

toaster niggers get out

monitoring phase 2

You know I've been seeing some new race mods pop up lately. I think its kinda cool.

I managed to get it to run, although graphical glitches and annoyingly long load times were a problem.
My 8GB of RAM might no longer cut it.

Please don't throw me out, s-senpai!

Also picture is related to martial arts: I am always astounded at how much punishment a human in Kenshi can take and be able to get up after.
My skeleton is a robo-nigger who has taken Nigging 101: We Wuz Ninjaz, Nigging 102: Sucker Punching Niggas, and Nigging 201: We Wuz Invisible. Trying to make him git gud at actually being able to survive fights.

why choose to be a clanker? The repair kits are expensive as fuck and bandits carry medkits so you will be drowning in them

My early game strategy is usually getting the shit kicked out of me repeatedly to grind toughness, but I don't think that will work for your skelebro.

For the challenge/fun of it, mostly. It's also great to not have to eat. Also I like robots.

Yeah, it wouldn't quite work. My strategy so far (read: since day 13 or 14 when my Stealth hit like 63) has been to knock a fucker out, strip him of his weapon, and go full Fight Club on him. It works surprisingly well for both toughness and becoming a badass martial artist. Doesn't hurt that I've fucked up a few times and taken some iron clubs to the nuts and bolts while fleeing.
Skeletons will shrug off unarmed damage (at least from unarmed Dust bandits), and can recover at least a little bit from regular blunt damage.

E-zed p-zed why the fuck did I think this guy would be any different.
I reloaded a few times because I kept killing him outright.

Would anyone here happen to be experienced with Blender or 3dsMax? I'm the guy who made the Doll race mod and while I am mostly happy with how it turned out, the person I was previously relying on to work with the custom body (shown in the second pic) has reached the limit of his abilities. The current issues apparent in the model are, in order of importance:

I can't offer any money for your help but I will add you to the list of contributing authors (if you are okay with that) upon solving any of these problems or otherwise contributing to the mod.

Took four fucking years, but I'm actually having fun now. If you train your strength any other way than hauling beak things around as you explore the entire map, then you're doing it wrong.

Ask /agdg/ maybe?

Punching swamp turtles with 6,000 kg in nested backpacks and an associated weight glitch.

How?

If you fuck around with your packs, moving a backpack from your backpack into your backpack slot and putting your old backpack either in the new backpack or your inventory, or some such thing, eventually you'll start getting phantom weight.

I did ask them for advice and stuff before but they're probably too busy with their own games to bother learning how to mod some obscure RPG.

Does that actually help with strength training, though? The way it seemed like it works to me is that there's a cap of 25% xp rate once you have like 8x your max weight or something around there. Then no matter how much more weight you add it won't go above 25%. But if you combine that with carrying a body, it will go up to 50%.

So, I like how since masterwork samurai legplates have 95% cut resist with 0% stun, there's really no reason not to offset the penalties by wearing wooden sandals. It looks like shit, though, we need a variant with tabi underneath.

Nonsense, I'm sure they'd love to procrastinate actually making that game they always say they're going to make they just need a coder and an artist and a musician and a couple of investors

Martial arts has its own strength XP bonus based solely on carried weight (unaffected by carrying a body) that goes up to 100%.

I'll give it a shot then.

Oh, its just occurred to me that they'd probably need to actually have the game in order to be able to test models and stuff, so that scraps that idea.

honestly it wouldn't be too hard to do this yourself.
Blender takes at most a few days to learn, and there's plenty of material out there to quickly learn how to do it yourself (that's what most will say if you ask in the agdg thread, as per mentioned here you're quite right ).
Look at the blendercookie tutorials, and the specific topics you're looking for are rigging, weight painting, and topology.

look at rigging
this could be a few things…
The easiest is the possibility that your modeler added additional polygons, and thus you'd need to re-do the UV map; as otherwise the shader will not draw to the proper polygons as the model itself + the UV map do not match.
Blender can auto-bake your UV map for u, so it'd be pretty simple; as long as the mesh itself isn't too complicated this works.
improper deformation of a model's mesh during movement is due to bad topology (triangles deform badly, or not enough edge loops), or bad weight painting (deforms incorrectly), or both…

layman here, is it not just possible to edit existing face graphics? those masks just need to be cleaned up a bit imho. (especially female 2)

I did try doing it myself but Blender won't run on my laptop for some reason.

definitely possible, and not too hard to edit an existing face graphic (in this case a face texture).
Although, unfortunately that modding user's mentioned issues are slightly more involved.

Definitely try re-installing it, and download the proper installer per your OS' architecture (32bit/64bit).

My laptop is 64 bit and so was the version I used, but I tried reinstalling anyway. It booted up, but it ran with 5+ second input lag and I had to use task manager to shut it down.

Just now I found something a little disappointing. It seems player made weapons are not quite the same quality as "Edgelords" or is it because I don't yet have 100 smithing? I'm not sure this happens with lower level smithing or not.

Im getting a bug in 95.29, I try to take an item from a dead body and it says "out of trading range"

yeah i've suffered this randomly too, like a guy walking up to a weapon storage and opening it and being out of trading range.

Yeah, player made weapons are slightly weaker overall, but its a small amount.
The upside is they weigh a bit less.

Someone should upload their steam folder of the latest experimental 95.31
Could just copy over the smartsteamemu stuff from the previous versions and it will probably work

Can someone upload the Euroswords and Dragonslayer mod from workshop? Those two shit looks great.

I only have 4 fag.

You haven't seen shit until you hit someone with Edge 3 nodachi with 70 str 70 katana skill and somewhere about 50 attack and SOMEHOW the motherfucker still survives.

Yeah robits are fucking great aside from the fact you can't wear shirts, shoe, and hats, it puts me off. I want my basket hat autistic adventure i fucking lost my basket hat recently since the fucking game autosaved while i was moving my basket hat ;-;

10/10

I wish skeletons could wear at least those rice hats. It kind of ruins the ronin/samurai look when you're missing one.

A robot with a straw hat and karate gi would be worthy of a main character.

There's that doll race mod on steam that might be skeleton race with the appearance of humanoids without the locked out item slots, haven't tried it since i don't own Kenshi on Steam.

12,000 doesn't seem like a enough.

Can you have someone pick up and carry the body?

nope, just loot

so some sort of.. synth.. that would break the reason for playing a robot

The hive race or whatever they're called are the worst at combat. I'm turning mine into shop keepers and armor makers

Unless someone can unlock the three locked out slots then that's the best you can get for now, i mean i would like to play as a metal robot just like that without being covered with human skins and all as well but i don't want to if they lock the three slots out.

The warrior ones? You're not using worker drones to fight, are you?

it think it just dawned on me the reason, perhaps those slots would clip through the armor so they just locked them out? idk. do robots get some armor bonus as compensation?

Who has the Kenshi region map?

Nice trips

As far as i can remember you get 100 pts of extra HP.

thanks

That's pretty much what happens, yeah. Can't wear shoes or a shirt due to skeleton 'physiology'. Same with most hats/helmets. But you can wear pants and armor.
100 extra HP (or a total of 200 on every location), and if someone hits you with an unarmed attack they'll take damage.

As an aside, skeletons can heal blunt damage (the dark bruise-looking type) but not cutting damage (the red angry-looking type). So getting into fistfights and fighting dudes armed with clubs isn't as dangerous as it otherwise would be. And once you get your toughness up a decent amount you can get knocked on your ass and be able to get up and heal before you die, thanks to blunt damage healing.

Holy shit niggers this is literal YOU WA SHOCK tier martial arts right here.

Fucking posted by accident, haven't put this in

And somehow you can put on shit like ninja rags.

lofigames.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10836

When was this edited? I don't remember it being this and there was a guy asking for an update in March, but there's no timestamp for an edit so I don't know.

where i can find pack animals for buying?

You can buy bulls and packs to put on them at holy farms.

pack animals seems like a good idea, but a better idea long term is to haul that shit yourself to build your strength up.

I can get what Kenshi calls a gi at least.

What is Bugmaster's Martial Arts skill at?

See my post
His martial arts and dodge are 20-ish, but his strength and toughness are in the 90s, so he gets damage bonuses from that.

First time player here, any tips or a guide on how to start playing this?
Game sounds like my kinda thing

If you don't start off as a robot, you should focus on securing food for the foreseeable future. And, when you can, get your ass kicked by bandits or whoever. Ass kickings raise your Toughness which makes you harder to kill. And the defense/attack stat raising you get while trying to avoid getting your ass kicked is also good.
You can, as mentioned elsewhere, raise your strength pretty quickly by filling a backpack (ideally a trader backpack. the kind in-store traders have) and doing laps until you're swole.
If you start off as a robot, try going for Stealth and Assassination first, then raise your Toughness by running your own Fight Clubs.

I've played through 3 iterations of this game in the past, and lost my savegames in almost each and every version I've played. And I mean before the giant world map even, when the world map was basically one big fucking desert with plenty of cliffs and hillsides.

I was under the assumption that that part of the world map is integrated into the rest of the world map somehow but I can't be sure because I can't exactly find it atm. Could be one of the unfinished areas to be fair.
Well.. Anyway.

You want a way of getting a lot of money fast? Here's the best way (that I found):

>Remember that Skeletons/Shekh make the best fighters, although, Skeletons especially, will be targeted like crazy by anyone who fucking hates anything that ain't human The holy empire so it's best to have at least a couple of humans so you can also have a decent base productivity down the line as well

I think that's it.. Kinda makes me wanna play again but I don't know if I'll lose my saves again somehow lol

Any place I should start? Or what does each area have?

Yeah, that's a fucking terrible method of money making. Start out and go straight to the Fog Islands? You're probably a fucking Fogman yourself, telling people there's nothing there that can hurt you.

well if you choose the wanderer, you start at a random location, so start there! pick human, don't be a robot, run back to a town once you get attacked so others will help you, use the maps in this thread to find towns to shit up, this all helps if you have autism

how viable is martial arts

Just make sure to name your character Chuck Norris and you will be golden

Kite enemies towards town guards for free wearable vendor trash, and turn the ones that get assault charges in for their bounty by carrying them to the local police chief, or just by tossing them in a cell if you can't find anyone.

Some good early game training fodder are hungry bandits, outlaw farmers, swamp turtles, and generally anything else that primarily deals blunt damage and won't eat you.

If you somehow find yourself starving early on, and even if you don't, it's beneficial to raid the storage room of a holy farm like pic related. Not all of them seem to have storage rooms, though. They'll also have a chainmail sheet or two which'll net you a few thousand cats.

Once you've gotten enough cats hire some buddies to, at the very least, patch you up when you're bleeding out. Crumblejon in Mongrel is free and pretty decent at fighting. Just keep being annoying to him and he'll join you when you ask.

Top-tier until your legs get broken and your dodge plummets to 0.

I was thinking of going Martial Arts because weapons weigh me down and my main guy is the sneaky type.

While figuring out the controls and moving the camera around i got btfo'd by 6 niggers with various weapons and left in a recovery coma, that was actually fun, how long does it take until you stop being a bitch and can fight back?
Also, I'm nearby Waystation in Stenn Desert, and I'd like to go solo at least until i find a comfy place to establish a base on.

Katanas would honestly fit better with a thief/rogue character, given that they train dexterity quickly and are quick to attack/block.
Martial arts is quite literally about becoming Kenshiro.
Although martial arts seems to train dexterity about as well and you can boost strength up quickly by overloading yourself and punching swamp turtles or anything else that won't pose much threat with your martial arts/dodge reduced to near 0 because of weight.

Once your melee defense/dodge becomes high enough (gaining xp through every failed block/dodge) to reliably keep yourself standing while you gain melee attack/martial arts xp (from having your attacks be blocked/dodged).

Did you read any of what I had said? Using the guards as your backup when you've just started isn't fucking new, and I never said Fog islands should be your first port of call anyway.

If you're looking to make loadsamoney after just starting out then I'm afraid to say it won't really happen any other way besides good ole fashioned buying and selling, which is considerably more arduous. Dust bandit, Sand ninja jounin bounties also tend to be far away from towns whereas the town in the fog islands is right in the middle of it, it's not so hard to get to either if you sprint your athletics skill off to get there.

Also I'm not a frogman, what the fuck!? Now come quietly or I'll beat you with my metal pole before tying you to a stick and chanting whilst my prince starts eating you.

What's a good place to train stats while you're begginning? I got to Stack and got mauled by 6 gorillion bonedogs and while the guards killed them I bled to death

South Wetlands is my favorite, because swamp turtles are weak, deal mostly blunt damage IIRC, won't eat you, and won't pursue you. Keep an eye out for blood spiders and swamp ninjas, though. They'll fuck you right up.

I made a new character and now I started at Clownsteady, so north would be a good place to begin training right? Also, are martial arts as good as the stick i begin with?

You're going to get your ass handed to you in the beginning, stick or no stick. And yeah, the South Wetlands are to the NE of Clownsteady.

repeat steaps 3 to 5 until you're Mr. Norris

Is there a way to heal faster? Because I keep getting my ass beat and I'd rather speed up my healing so I can go back for more

Lay down in a bed.

downace.com/ecS7

DL for torrent file
Tested it myself.

I CAN NEVER DECIDE WHERE TO BUILD

Is this a good spot? Water is only 60%, and there's no carbon, but I've literally never seen carbon anyway, and it's got plenty of everything else.

I dunno, user. Your prospecting info would be more helpful for determining if you should base up there.
As far as I know you'll want water, stone, iron, copper, and good fertility. But water can probably be skimped on. I don't know for sure.

Just don't get it if you don't trust it nigga.
You can scan it and also isolate software by trying it out on a VM first or use something like Sandboxie.

You can also ignore and just wait for someone to post magnet link.
What I posted is the torrent file.

carbon isn't in game yet as a real thing.
water 60% is great (enough)
you should focus on wheat (bread) and hemp (fabric) make sure you can get iron and copper.

with that you can do everything to start. try to research and build a small farm of everything as you go. (except rice, that needs hydroponics to grow in "arid"). vegetables grow like shit but they do grow.

well, the thing is, the main website is still saying .29 is the latest released version.

.29 is the latest stable, .31 is the latest experimental.

Also where's the fucking world states blog post, Nat.

lofigames.com/
v.29 latest. not saying that it is, but that's what it says.
you don't need to be a dick about it :)
also, there is no reason to play an experimental build either imho, unless your a play tester.

Look, nigger, I'm just showing that .31 is in fact the most recent version, for anyone wondering about using that link or looking for another.
How is two objectively true statements, a screenshot for proof, and a spoilered comment irrelevant to the discussion "being a dick", you fucking autist?
Dunno, man, maybe it'd be nice to have the game be more stable, actually get relations when joining the Shinobi Thieves, and be able to delete saves.
You'd actually have a point if it was some new major feature or portion of the map, but it's not.

I took this, as you being a dick.

Natalie (Nat) is Chris's younger sister.
She writes the blog posts.
She said there'd be a future blog post about the 'world states' feature (presumably, big changes in the world after you do something important like kill Lord Phoenix).
I'm impatient.

My bad, didn't expect someone to take it as an insult, I should've provided context.
Although that was still pretty dumb of you, user.

Could have easily gotten the magnet link from the file user, instead of uploading to some terrible site holy shit.
Like this
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:6749c86c398edb645974243a4bf8e63c59e54b96&dn=Kenshi_v0.95.31&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80%2fannounce

Does anyone know what to train martial arts in the 70s? I can practice dodge on Bugmaster all day long but even in full masterwork armor he crumples before I gain any significant martial arts xp. Leviathans would be my only other guess.

Try fighting groups? Go after groups of Holy Paladins led by Inquisitors?
Or do you Kenshiro their torsos into the next life?

Also, where can I find Engineering Research?

Yeah, my unarmed damage is around 120+, I'm starting to knock people out even with the weaker attacks.
Ancient labs and post-ancient workshops.
It's just RNG.

Holy shit. The only things that I can think of that might still offer a challenge after taking a hit like that are Broken Skeletons, Iron Spiders, and Security Spiders.
Or fighting infinitely respawning groups of Fogmen.

I can actually knock those out with a single one of the stronger attacks, assuming it actually procs and hits something vital. I think leviathans and town killing sprees might be my only options now.

Is it possible to recruit multiple bugmasters via importing? I went back to his tower after recruiting him and importing but he wasn't present. Does he wander?

there is an easy way to make money? i barely make something selling on shops cactun 1. naningatas.

I found that going into armourmaking and selling Samurai Clothpants made me a pretty good profit, once I got my armourmaking skill up to enough to make Standard quality pants.
I'd make a load, sell em, and have more than enough to make back my money and fabric use.

an human zoo?

My main source of cats in the beginning was getting retarded bandits to follow me into towns and have them get killed by the locals then stripping their corpses and selling their shit, if you get lucky you may find mercenaries following a trader, if you follow them they will travel to another town and might get attacked by bandits, so you can take the bandits gear when they fight the mercs, if you get really lucky a merc might die and you can take his stuff, don't be afraid to recruit people into your party either

A Holy Mine I attacked (in the same way Sam Fisher attacks a place, at least). I knocked out all the guards and threw them in cages for shiggles.
The slaves all got free, too. Although two of them were retarded and decided to join me on my adventures. They died to dust bandits.

This is also great advice. Don't be afraid to loot faggots.

Where do you guys like to set up your base(s)? I don't have much experience with the new map.

I think anywhere around the Hub is decent, either between Stack or Squin. Start growing wheat and hemp because it's dry, and try to have access to iron, stone, copper and water (>50%).

you mean

Good enough for me, cheers.

I'm hopeful that the devs will optimize the game even if just a little bit more.
I only have a laptop that's able to run this smoothly, although the loading parts make it a bit hot.

Roleplaying in this game is so fun and amazing, and the idea of training your toughness by getting beat up is pretty good that unless you die, there isn't any need to reload anything.

btw, is there any difference between buying a dog in Holy Farms and starting out with a dog?
Is the dog in the start stronger?

It's a great game. Maybe even worth buying.
Also, the dog in the start starts out as a pup. I think buying an adult bonedog gives you a better dog than starting out with a baby dog.

water less than 50? why?

someone said the pup is a mountain dog pup and not a bonedog and maybe slightly stronger.

i had a try with this start and the dog had fantastic stats, the only problem is it can't medic so if you get KO'ed or [dying] your still fucked unless you recruit.

i wonder how long it takes to become an adult.

I tried it and it got to adulthood in about 15 in-game days.

ezpz

Is this game finally fun, I gave up at around the initial martial arts update. Had the game for at least 5 years now.

It seems pretty fun, as far as I can tell.

Also, is Specialist the highest armour grade, or is there anything higher?

Masterwork after that, which is a crafting crit.

So what's the loadout anons use for martial artist? Heavy armor?

Heavy armor unless you are fighting a strong guy, where you will then remove the armor because it was weighted training gear which suppressed your power and now you can fight a worthy foe without being held back.

Wew this is all I wished for since day 1 of Kenshi(ro).

So, I went to Drifter's last, stole heavy armor from the cabinet, bought heavy pants, bought a backpack, put all the stolen weapons and armor in it, kidnapped a farmer and disarmed him, brought him someplace a distance away from the city and now my CIA is training unarmed.

Blood Spiders are the only fucking videogame related enemy that absolutely terrifies me, they look completely alien and one of them is enough to fucking murder my party, which is made worse by the fact that there are usually 5+ of them.
And that's why I'm fucking off The Hook to Holy Nation just a week ingame, because FUCK those red devils

Animals in general are crazy powerful in this game. A bonedog will fuck your shit, despite the fact it should only be about as tough as a Dust Bandit. Likewise, Blood Spiders only have ~25 HP per location, but hit like fucking mack trucks for their size and durability.
That said, Blood Spiders are only a palette and size switcheroo of regular spiders.

I'd understand if blood spiders were something thatmight appear if you're KO'd to drain your blood, and they hurt more than humanoid weapons, how can 3 of them wipe out a ninja brigade?

Like I said, user, they hit way out of proportion to their size and hitpoints. Somewhere between 30-40 damage last I recall fighting them. Although it has been a while.
At 30-40 damage you're looking at 3 good hits to any critical location. Or 1-2 good hits on a non-critical location to make your fighting ability go all woozy-like.
A blood spider would, if it hit another blood spider in a critical location, immediately knock the other blood spider out.

Training characters is definitely hard in this game, which will make my becoming a warrior all the sweeter

plate jacket (standard,black or white)
cargopants (sneaky chain)
armoured face plates
blackened chainmail
drifter's boots

I've got 28 sets of this gear in either specialist or mastercrafted versions, I think it's all around the best set. Full plate gear carries too many negatives.

But full plate is during training yes? Or what if you are a skeleton? Does only being able to wear two slots justify full plate?

Police Helmet
Samurai Armor
Blackened Chainmail
Samurai Legplates
Wooden Sandals

Yeah, it's a bit heavy, but the 0% stun and 95% cut resist for masterwork samurai armor is fucking phenomenal. 95% cut resist with 100% coverage also frees up your footwear slot for wooden sandals to mitigate the penalties of the legplates.

i just carried chunks of iron ore in my inventory and run up and down the landmass several times, took me hours and hours.

Well, with a backpack of stolen loot, currently wearing merc plate and heavy samurai pants , both shoddy grade (since i went skeleton, but i still have a standard plate jacket in the bag), along with one kidnapped united city peasant, one dead rebel farmer I carry on my back and pretty far away from drifter's end. My martial arts is still low, but I now have 40 strength and 30 dodge.

Becoming Kenshiro is actually a lot of fun. Beating up people then disarming them and nursing them back to health only to beat them up again until they get into a recovery coma from too much blunt force trauma then dump them into a river and find a new victim. So far I can solo bone dogs already and I hit for 3 slashing damage and 37 blunt damage on unarmoured victims.

(checked)

It's great being a Kenshirobot. But remember to know when to run.

lol, nice beak thing horde

Thanks, user. That's what a nest of theirs looks like.

You inspired me to make something while I was working on increasing my fighting ability/genociding Stack. Three humans died in those cages. I had to replace them so that you anons got to enjoy only the finest live humans in my human zoo.

Forgot my picture like a moron.

You're supposed to feed your pets, give them something to eat after you knock them out.

So are you weaking sneaky chain or is that just a normal pants? I was debating whether kenshirobot needs full plate since you only have two slots for armor.

In those pictures I'm wearing Samurai Clothpants and a Black Plate Jacket. But only because I love me some stealth. I get captured more than a porn doujin heroine.
Although I've swapped the Samurai Clothpants out for Reinforced Cargopants, as they give me a higher blunt resistance. Although I am considering going back to the Samurai Clothpants, as most NPCs seem to have stomach-seeking weaponry.
If I were to dress for 0% stealth 100% murder, I'd probably put on the Samurai Plate Pants. Might also swap out the jacket, but I'm not sure what would replace it.

As an aside, I realized that AI Cores are not, in fact, RNG. They only spawn in a specific type of lab.

fucking goats, not leaving bodies when they die, why don't the devs fix this shit it's been an issue forever

Don't you fucking die on me.

what did you want to do to the corpse?

get there meat and hides, what do you think?

perhaps indulge in some carnal pleasures.

there is a thread about your topic on the developers website*

Jesus christ I discovered this game long ago but I only decided to try it out yesterday.
This shit is fucking awesome

fixed

You've made Lord Nobunigga proud, young niglet.

That Holy Farm is the most boring start. Always has a chest with like 5k in shit to sell, plus another chest full of food all at 100% steal. My very first game I started here and I kinda feel screwed that I didn't get to suffer the wasting away and dying from hunger thing before getting swole.

Well I had nothing else to play so I pirated the game. Named my character "Just" and so far I'm constantly getting my shit fucked up.
Yep, now I know what game I'm going to play for the next month.

update
this fucking game, what a rollercoaster.

Tell me more.
I have lots to do so I can't really play right now, but I enjoy the stories of people new to the game and enjoying it.

reminds me something about the first time i fought beak things. seeing "so and so is being eaten alive" really sucks.

Which is why I tend to try to stick to civilization. Can you be a cannibal yet?

Robots don't get eaten alive. Fogmen, animals, and cannibals will leave you where you fall.

once you get stealth high enough, when you run you actually do the naruto running animation.
It's pretty great hah

The game is still trash and it will never be good.

You are going to rebirth.
You will like being a slave.
You will never be free again.

This shit right here is why I hauled ass to the Border Zone, dust niggers aren't nearly as bad as the ninjas or the incarnation of evil that are blood spiders

Seeing as you still gain xp when you get knocked out, this seems about right.

Fucking why? I was doing your job for you.

Did he have a bounty with the local faction or another?

Local. I checked lol.

;-;7 My Hobbs was eaten alive by six beakguys. I still feel bad about it.
Also I finally got out of hobophase and it feels p.good. I'm exploring around for an area to settle and make a big town or something in. Do you guys know any good spots for farming/high in stone/ore? I was thinking of the swamp so I can fight raptors and ninjas all day or something.

I really wish that when I wiped out a group of enemies I did a "horah" thing like M+B does.

Am about to start building an outpost but all my nigs are shit at fighting, we only have like 2 decent fighters. I have around 12 more nigs who are all lvl 1 at everything.

Think we will wipe on the first raid?

Try getting your 12 level 1 nigs up to about Dust Bandit tier before you begin building.

That's the manga where the demon king's son is a huge weeaboo right?

Yeap that's the one.

Is it worth reading?

Only 3 chapters out atm. The story is developing but it can be pretty good if done right. Right now, don't bother.

bump

So, after restoring my computer to a previous state, the game crashes every time I boot it, anyone had something like that happen to it?, I was just begginning to establish my base ;_;

Have you tried revalidating your game files?

It's a pirated version, can I revalidate them? I uninstalled and reinstalled the game already

Are you running on windows 10?

Windows 8.1, the game crashlog says this:

OGRE EXCEPTION(7:InternalErrorException): Could not load dynamic library .\RenderSystem_Direct3D11_x64. System Error: Can't find specified module.

in DynLib::load at ..\..\OgreMain\src\OgreDynLib.cpp (line 111)

Sorry, I dunno what's up with that. Checking online is probably your best bet.

sounds like a mod to me. (maybe partially installed or some left over data).

try a different version of kenshi, i like v95.29 best atm.

I've never actually been raided in either of my bases. I dunno though, I built in hiveland and near the Snek town. I heard you actually get attacked in holy land though.

but ye rip. build training dummies or something.

I think training up on raptors in holy is pretty good, they are not very strong. (not swamp raptors)

What's with all the samefagging in here? :^)

I think 8ch is fucked atm, I gave the guy a reply, but it shows the ID is the same for the question and answer, but I did not fucking ask the question.

kek wtf it looks like only one crazy guy is the only one playing kenshi talking to himself

Kenshi was developed by one person and is played by one person. It suits.

Am planning to build close to the Hub, since its pretty much the "middle" of the map. Will I get shrekked by monstrous things?

Thanks for the recommendation Holla Forums. I'm probably going to buy a legit copy next time it's on sale, because this is great.

-Fixed importing .po files from google translator toolkit to the construction set
-Remove town marker when all buildings dismantled
-Fixed reset tutorials crash
-Fixed crash in stolen goods tutorial

-Sandstorms now affect attack stats, especially turret skills
-Gave a boost to the light value when calculating the stat penalty for working in darkness
FIXES
-Fixed acid rain not affecting characters
-Fixed races with different max health (hivers) suffering injury penalties to stealth
-Fixed holy mine slaves attacking you when you fight their masters
-AI doesn't try to flee if it is trapped within a locked building or closed walls. They will resort to fighting instead, which will be good news if you are one of those weirdos that make slave battle arenas.
-Fixed possible gui threading crash with picking up items with alt held
-Fixed player town radius calculation (caused some AI bugs)
-Big animals don't go indoors
-Audio tweaks

-Fixed crash when using MEDIC button
-Fixed unequippable backpacks
-Stopped the "Help! I'm stuck" message (was supposed to be debug only, and animals were saying it)

Why don't you backup your saves and try reinstalling?

Can you train unarmed with dummies? My guy has been punching one for a full day and hasnt gained any skill

Dummies only increase attack skill they don't increase any weapon skills.

That's a merc user. They come prepackaged with better stats than fresh recruits. They are useful if you need someone to follow your lone trader while he runs half the map.

I fixed it, apparently it was the fact that Directx was lost upon restoration, and after reinstalling it, it was fixed.
On the other hand, it felt great when my 3-man squad just barely lost to a force of almost 10 dust bandits, with starting guy taking out like 5 before falling.
What mods should I install? Also, is there a way I can grow cotton reliably on the border zone? I'd like to start making armors, at the very least, to sell them

No, you can only train unarmed by fighting unarmed unfortunately. It's a different skill to attack. But I think training dummy for unarm is getting in soon.

don't grow cotton in broder lands, buy some hemp and grow that it grows like weeds there, buy it from that place south of the hub.

I discovered this game from thread1, I shilled it constantly but I literally played almost 150 hours in 3 weeks. I highly recommend anyone who likes Kenshi to also to try Mount & Blade Warband, it is quite a comfy game very similar but very different to our beloved Kenshi. I suppose while I'm shilling Rimworld is probably in the same category as these 2 games and I found all 3 games to be infinitely enjoyable (and uniquely different).

I'm torn between kenshi and battle brothers when I have other games in the backlog that I should complete. Send help please. Anyone else here playing Kenshi just to wait for Bonerlord to come out?

Life is suffering

You'll get bullied by dust bandits sometimes. And then the slavers who come to take their unconcious bodies away.

Holy shit, this game is awesome. Holla Forums actually delivered me a good game for once.

also
Need more emone so I can hire some low-skill plebs and get an autonomous farm going, buying food is a constant waste of cats. Even found a good spot near Drifter's End right on the sea that's out of the way and has green in every resource but copper.

There are some really good spots for building in that general region. No monsters, just dust bandits. Get walls ASAP, that stops most of the bulli. Grow cacti for chewsticks as early food, later get wheat production going and you can make dustwiches. Hemp for clothing/armor. Wind is good, so power shouldn't be much of an issue. The one thing I would have changed about my base in that area is that I would have gotten weaponsmithing going much earlier than I did - once food is stable and running at a surplus, get a few extra guys for constant iron mining/refining, and set one as a dedicated smith so you can get top-tier weapons quickly.

LISTEN HERE, DUSTERS
Best money making guide right here:
STEP 1: Approach a shop
Step 2: STEAL SHIT

Now here's where things get varied:
ARE YOU A GOOD THIEF?
If no, haul ass nigga, they gonna beat you up!
If yes, steal more shit until you gotta haul ass with the 293847234 pounds of equipment in your (stolen) backpack.

If you can run outside of town, drop your shit, and turn to fight them. They won't pick up your dropped items, you get a toughness point for getting your teeth knocked out and will be out in a few minutes!
Warning: if you're a skinny motherfucker, one of the guards might accidentaly over-kill you. Shit happens.

Sell? Wear it. Beat up people with it.
That's the point, shitboots. You get STRONGER and FASTER for fighting like a paraplegic german tank. And if the guard remove your items, so fucking what? Refer to the previous plan: STEAL MORE SHIT.

PHASE 2 OF THE PLAN
WE WUZ MAFIA
Ever seen the Godfather?
Walk into a shop. Close the door behind you. Compliment the store while telling the shopkeeper that it would be shame if something happened.
THEN CAVE HIS FUCKING SKULL IN.

Now since you're a smart nigger lol you closed the door and noone heard. Steal everything.
Get up, hit'em again. Keep hitting them till they get the picture.

Here comes the best part of being a nigger in Kenshi: can't beat a guy? CALL YO HOMMIES!
Don't fast forward fights. Watch how they go. Ever seen a guard with 50 fighting skills fighting 15 villagers? Yeah, he takes out 14. But he can't defend against them all and gets a bump here and there. Then one guy gets a lucky hit and the guard wakes up in the middle of the desert, naked, unarmed and with blood spiders crawling his rectum.

Get yourself some mates, give'em swords and tin-cans. Congratz, you got a battalion of paraplegic panzers swinging steel columns around. Keep at it, armour works even if you're a shit fighter after all.
NIGGA, STEAL MORE SHIT.
Alternatively, the "start with 4 guys and some buildings materials start? Pick that. Sell the buildings materials, buy food cubes. Start a bar brawl with them. Beat up everything and everyone that looks at you funny.
Carefully with cannibals, you don't wanna turn into KFC.

One last tip most people don't realize:
You need to guys. One will sneak by. Is the guard looking at you? Ya fucked up. Get him away enough.
Second the second guy. Move him around a bit. See how the guard keeps staring at a nigga?
THAT'S FUCKING PROFILING AND RACIS AS SHIT
But usefull. Because the first little nigga is now FUCKING INVISIBLE. Yeah, that's right. Sneak up with full heavy armor and a bag filled with watermellons nearby and as long as you stay on the guards back, he won't turn nor see you.
Plus, you do this shit at night, where you have natural camouflage. Seriously, strip naked and you get +20 to stealth.

Enter shop, nig shit, get out. Distribute clubs/armor to team mates. Eat, rest, AND BEAT UP WHITEY.
End up in jail because you suck ass.
For now.

Might as well give another tip on farms:
DON'T DO THEM RIGHT AT THE START
Why? Because they're timers of DEATH AND ANHILATION.

Allow me to explain:

Now, this might not be much of a problem up north. River raptors are tame enough that 4-5 farmers can fend them off (they got 8 attack/defense).
Down south, you get Swamp Raptors with 34 attack/defense. If you're lucky.
If you're not, you get Blood spiders and those don't eat crops, they eat YOU.

So you do what the Founding Fathers wanted you to do:
Build a wall.
GUNS. Put guns on walls. Even the shitty Mk1 will do
Call the Marines! Go to a town, hire a couple gunners (6000 cat each, should be chump change if you know the game).
Otherwise, prepare for some friendly fire and 2 to 4 missed harvests while your guys learn to fire properly.

Let me put it like this:
I slapped a storm building in front of my farm (to process the veggies) and put two crossbows up there with a couple gunners.
After the predictable DEATH TIMER of the plants growth ticked out, the Swamp Raptors came from their snack.
The game happily let me know that:
It took only two waves of them. Lost and harvest and then didn't lost any more.
This later came in handy when some Water Ninjas thought the food was on the house.
Turns out only the bolts are free. And fast. And deadly. And plenty.

Also a fun side project. I had this set up some versions ago, still have to rebuild it on this save:

Kinda had to cheat to do this since building restrictions are gay (lmao, too close to another building) but what the heck, it was fun.

havent played it but answer me regarding bandit lord playthrough; how mobile can your bases be? I mean something like going around, take a few hours, a day at best to make a small camp with perhaps a bare minimum of fortification where you start your raids. Once you're done you'll track back to outer heaven to sell loot/properly rest/party
What good are your own outposts in the game? Are they just there for storage/crafting/training/healing?
can you eventually make your own small settlement where a few npcs and traders dwell without your micromanaging?

game has me definitely intrigued
release this year possible? How is the modding scence if there is one? Game unoptimised mess? got an old i7 4770

Mate, I got an i3 and shit runs fine.
Modding is a bit messy (tons of +456456456 damage swords and stupid shit) but there's a couple dozen worthwhile mods and talented modders.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You can get up to 30 guys in your faction (unless you tweak it). With 2 guys running a farm and 1 cook, you can feed the other 27.
I'd advise setting some for crafting/building and some for gunnery. Like, 4 crafters and 4 gunners.
That leaves you 19 spare guys.
Since a squad only takes 10 guys, I usually make 10 guys my Soldiers and a 5 man squad into Ninjas to steal and assassinate shit. Leaves two more for farming/cooking drugs and sake.

If you wanna be trully mobile, you're gonna need Packmules. Either get packbeasts (dunno where, but I remember buying one, counts as a faction member) and put a backpack on it. Done, that shit carries enough food for you to last days.
Can't find pack beasts? Either everyone carries the shit they need, or you have a dedicated 4 to 5 guys in backpacks carrying everything while the other's fight. There, maximum mobile.

Also, a tip: backpacks are important for food management. If you put food in them, everyone in the same squad as the backpack carrier can eat from it. So, one guy per squad hauling a ton of food works.
Doesn't work for medkits, remember to keep those in the main inventory.

Oh right, couple more tips:
You can have one for each, but I find it a waste of space. Bedrolls are important, learn to set up camp often when you need it. -17 Left Leg doesn't seem too bad, but then a Blood Spider shows up and you go down in one hit.
Swamp turtles are good food source if you're down south. Don't know much about Northern flora, just find a beastie that drops meat. Remember to shift+click the campfire with someone and he's your designated cook from now on.
Dried Meat isn't very nutritious, but a single turtle drops 14 of them, so that can keep your guys fighting for a while if you kill 4 or 5 of them (the usual size of their packs).
If you select that running speed with the "red man running behind black man", you can drag a box around everyone, tell them to move somewhere and they'll travel at the slower member speed.
If you find that too slow, you got someone with a crippled leg. Shift click "Medic" and then "Rescue". Your guys should automatically pick up fallen comrades. You have to manually pick up cripples though and should do so, as someone carrying them are usually faster than the cripple.

If more than half your fighting force is damaged, set up camp, rest (hunt with the guys that are well) and wait. Never send an half-beaten army to battle. And half-beaten army has already lost half the battle without even starting.

Happy raiding!
Good target for first raids: the swamp villages. They're small, few guards and you can sell their shit in their own main village.

Didn't the dev actually say that he plans to wrap up kenshi this summer so that he can focus on kenshi 2 with all the experience he aquired?

gurrus up north drop a shitload of meat and leather and are not TOO bad to kill, like an slightly amped up swamp raptor iirc.

Dr. Skeleton I'm CIA.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:74890b8d64dc3cba97da16fa51a03a69c0378938&dn=Kenshi_v0.95.34&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftrackeroc.ru%2fbt%2fannounce.php%3fuk%3d1zNctOmxFf

Magnet for latest. Also bump

very nice

So apparently Adult Gorillo > Pup Beak Thing, but just barely, now what the hell were they doing near The Hub?

ayy hobbs is my african-american freind aswell

Kinda wanna have a weapon type for him, he's my weapon smith and he uses a Re-Fitted staff he made, and as secondary a Catun 1 Club, but I'm not sure about Blunt

I love this game, but I can't commit to giving it money until the pathfinding gets better, and everything is still subject to changes.

It's near Vain, how it got all the way to Hub is a mystery because usually the wildlife there mostly stick to the hive villages attacking hive workers who run like hell in any direction

wtf I remember most of these posts not being under one ID

Yeah, 8ch has been borked for a while. Gives the same IP to everyone for some reason.
And sometimes it doesn't.
I think it's nice, it's gonna fuck with the "muh shill" brigade a lot.
I predict laughter.

I might be dealing with shapeshifting bandits, I had a bandit trapped in a locked house, I turn around for a sec, and then he's gone and I find this

best place to set up shop for an easy life is in okran's pride provided you are not a skeleton or consist of mostly non-humans
it has most of everything nearby, water, fertile land, stone, iron, carbon near skinner's roam, copper on the road from stack to blister hill, optimal small windmill winds, you can grind on weakling raptors that try to eat your crops and use their skins for leather armors.
8/10 location.

They say you can sneak a skeleton companion as long as you carry the skeleton.
Then HN won't even bother you

Thanks to this thread I've finally tried this game thanks for the pirate link and I fucking love it. Bought it to give the dev some money since I want him to keep working on it.

Here's what I've done so far on my legit version.

Considering the current ai for the game, that sounds plausible.

Can anyone explain how to join an existing faction?

As far as I know there's only one faction you can join right now. That's the Shinobi Thieves. They're in the Hub, it costs 10k to join them. You have to go to their tower and talk to their leader (It's bugged in the pirated version btw so don't do this there.)

Joining them makes them green, so if you ever get KO'd and a Shinobi Thief happens to be around they'll patch you back up. On top of that, the HQ in the Hub has a MQ2 Thieving Chest, a combat Training Dummy and an Assassination Dummy for you to get started with your stats (though often by the time I can pay the 10k fee it's because I had a successful heist and I don't need most of these commodities :^) )

The good thing about them as well is that they have a fence that sells decent equipment for a stealthy character. He sells Assassin Rags often as well as the Dark Leather Undershirt that gives a 1.2x Stealth Modifier. His weapon choice is garbo tho. I don't understand the use of the Ninja Blade. It gives no bonus to Assassination despite claiming otherwise, and it gives less attack bonus than a katana, while giving more defence penalty than a wakizashi.

They're in Clownsteady too which is where my character started. Too bad I'm not much of a stealthy person once I get a base going. I just try to get a 2nd person and go mine copper rocks near a trader until I have a sustainable base and a larger party to make more credits off of.
All I can say is wew lad, I could just go to a faction HQ and grind on their equipment until they see me and tell me to back off and come back later for free or make my own training dummies.
It's the shittiest katana that you can use when you don't have access to a better katana or katana-type weapon blueprints.

Thanks for the information

You can also join the flotsam ninjas near the cannibal lands up north >for free.
I hear its much easier if you're a grill though.

Any other nigger in here use the Plank to try and simulate Guts? I had major autism and had my Aryan barbarian use a plank, with 78 strength, 90 toughness, 56 dex, and 80 attack and defense. While sometimes he'd get hit multiple times in a row, his decked out, and definitely not stolen, Holy Empire plate and Samurai pants with Longboots, bucket helm, and fog mask kept him alive.

Funnest thing was having him become a one man cleaning force in the Fogmen area with occasional boss fights against Fog Princes.

I've been building up a squad of adventurers way down south while a handful of cheap recruits farm and mine. No bandit presence to speak of, so they've stockpiled tons of food and material with no issues.

Just took my adventurers north for the first time. Experienced the horrors of the Spider Plains firsthand, and booked it to the relative safety of the swamps. Made my way to the borderlands by skirting the swamps and whatever is to the left of them. Passed through Shek territory with no trouble, recruited Hobbes and a skellington in the Hub, left the skelly there, and hit up the Holy Nation. Bought two bulls and backpacks. I'm going to have my ninja do some thieving, I'll fence everything once we're back down south. Also going to get as many cheap recruits as possible.

Once everyone is gathered together at the old settlement, I'll strike north. I'm going to uproot completely, or almost completely. I'll take everything I've made and stolen with me. I want to find a conflict-heavy zone in the north where I can set up a base that will actually face real challenges, just not ones with eight legs. Bonus points if I can get one that actually has traders passing through now and then, so I can keep a store open.

Running the multi-squad caravan north will be a glorious expedition.

You can join Holy Nation by turning in bounties to them and declining the reward, each bounty nets you 2 relations.

I am not going to tackle that place yet without an army or a god character, but let this be a tip for people who want really fast stealth levels.

I captured bugmaster and did that wearing basket hat, assassin's rag, samurai clothpants, and sandal. Fucking invincible as fuck. You should replace those samurai pants and bucket helmet, they get in the way with that gay slower combat speed and -5 attack.

Go ahead and attack the Holy Nation and build a base near their city :^)

There are games that for some reason look like crap in my screenshots (GW2) but they actually look great when you play them. I was hoping that this might be one of those games. So I game it a try and holy shit is this game ugly, it doesn't even feel like a game it feels like I opened a programing aplication. Reading these threads it sounds like it could be fun but there is no way I can play this, it's extremly ugly

What are you 12 or something? Who gives a shit how it looks if its fun. Fuck man, after time the aesthetics might grow on you. Grow a spine and get in there.

Can you not

Can you not?

your mom is ugly too yet your daddy rode like it like a wild hog fucking that ass and you popped out 9 months later.

It's not always just about "spring time colors" you fucking Snowflake.

There aren't any actually hostile factions up north unless you go into cannibal territory. You could try to build a settlement up ther ebut you won't get traders.

Alternatively, find the Flotsam Ninjas near World's End and join them. It nets you instant -75 relations with the Holy Nation. Build a base on the road between Stack and Blister Hill. Enjoy the groups of paladins walking in on you

Chances are that devs will release the game that features:

So, with that out of the way, hopefully this game gets enough attention for mods to make it great.
Modders, please fix game.
feels like Bethesda games when I say it that way

I wouldn't expect ranged weapons to be in on release, but they're apparently at the front of the line of the 'luxury' features.
This, however, does not guarantee they'll even make it in the game.

The armor allows me to cosplay though. I'll look into it and see if the off set is worth the fashion. My dream is to make him a one man army wanderer. It's working somewhat so far. Can almost solo a dust bandit group. Fog men are ez pz

Speaking of Fogniggers, have a story of my first time playing:

Made for a sick as fuck revenge story in the making.

i have 28 guys and all of them can solo a group of dust bandits, but it takes a crew to take down a leviathan, you will never, ever, ever, ever solo a leviathan.

Bam

So, it’s been a while since our last dev blog, mainly because we’ve been working on bug fixes (hence the more frequent updates), and not-so-bloggable bits and pieces. But bug squashing aside we now have a few upcoming features to share. So, what are our plans coming up to release this year? Since Kenshi’s optimization and engine upgrades are in game and all finished, we’re now down to the last few to-do’s on our list: Localisation, Diplomacy and, of course, the last half of the map with all it’s shiny new content – no major new factions but plenty of new towns and dangerous lands to explore.
Translation

With thanks to Dominic Wirth, Yuri Nikolai, Vladimir Byzov (Aka Sol Lignum), Marie Libert and Paola Grana, we’re working on Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, German and French official translations. Given the potential 250,000 word count, however, don’t expect full localisation for six months from now at the very least.
New map

The desert is returning to us, people. Those who mourn the old map should be pleased to hear that a rather large chunk of the new area will be more ‘traditional’ in desert style. i.e. less rocky, more sandy. See:

And the rest of the map? Well, that’s for you to explore yourself, don’t get greedy now.
Diplomacy

This is the last big important feature coming to Kenshi. It’s a little tricky to plan given that Kenshi lies somewhere between RTS and RPG in play style, so we’re going to need to work differently to most games. Typically in RTS games, you start off with some sort of world presence, putting you in a believable position for bartering with neighbours. This is the missing piece that we need in order to keep diplomacy interesting while also keeping some sort of realism to the world of Kenshi – why would a dominant world power, for instance, be interested in an alliance with some nameless chump armed with nothing but a rag loincloth and a rusty sword? Well, There are a few ways.

First off, we have player town level, a way for your character to build (literally) a presence in the world so that they might actually peak a diplomat’s interest, earn their place as a reputable power in the world. Secondly, we have wealth: depending on each faction (i.e. the greedier nations) this may include town taxation or simply buying your way into their black, dead corrupted hearts. Potentially, this may also include base visits where you can offer tribute or hand over prisoners. And, last but not least, our next main route to an alliance (if you’re feeling particularly badass) is through kidnapping/murdering their most powerful enemies… Take any of these paths to impress a faction, and they should willingly make a formal pact with you – so long as you’re not sleeping with the enemy.

But! What in Narko’s hell happens to the Okranites, for example, if you take down the Holy Phoenix himself (blessed be his name)? This is where another complex web of reactions come into play. The paladins might retaliate and send a particularly angry assault to your base, whilst your United Cities allies might simultaneously send an army to defend you from that very attack – you’re a valuable and respected ally in their plans after all. And then what? What becomes of the holy plains? Do the downtrodden women of the nation start a violent man-hunt? Do the lands erupt into a colossal Narko-worshipping skeleton orgy? Or do the Okranites simply pick themselves up, brush themselves off, replace the Phoenix with his reborn child successor and continue burning she-devils and foreign heretics? That, my friends, you’ll have to find out for yourselves.

All of this, we plan to have ready in the FULL release of Kenshi, third quarter of this year.

Well shit sounds exciting… Looking forward to all this.

Muh xbow where?

Anyone have any webms? want to see some of the game in action

People will actually believe this.

They've got to be joking. The performance of this game is terrible

No they're not the game still gets memory leaks and particle/texture/idk spazzes, people still get stuck in things sometimes, and the pathfinding is still bad.

sadly maybe they are finished, but it's just not what you (or me) would hope for. thankfully i've got a proper battle station.

Chris probably regrets being a stupid hipster who chose to do his entire game in a custom engine.

How do I get good guys? What shit should I do to start out? Obviously steal stuff, sell it, cheese enemies with guards to eventually get team members and build a settlement, but what else?
Also, should I roll a robot lone wanderer, or a guy with his bonedog?

At least he has the option to expand upon it if he still cares about the game 5 years from now.

My money is on him making a sequel that takes the stuff in this game and refines it significantly with a better engine/more content.

Didn't he say somewhere that this is exactly what he's planning to do?
I remember him saying that he had a lot of ideas that he cant implement in the game unless significant upgrades to the spaghetti code happened.

I can solo young leviathans with my fists and a full set of masterwork samurai armor.

See my post

I want to make a faction leader zoo, execute them all, and fend off every faction at once.

Is it pretty much mandatory to get your ass kicked by bandits in the beginning to get your toughness up? Also training on dummies like they have at Squin barracks is pointlessly slow right?

It's mandatory to get your ass kicked (either having the shit beaten out of you before you flee, or knocked the fuck out) by someone. You should hit 30 or 40 easily enough.
Ideally you'll want to get your ass kicked by bandits. Animals will probably eat you. Slavers will enslave you. So shitty bandits are the safest way to grind early toughness.
Once you've hit 40 toughness or so, you can begin gitting gud at fighting. I mean ideally you tried to git gud earlier while getting your ass kicked, but now that you're no longer made of paper you actually stand a decent chance at gitting gud on a reasonable time scale.
What I did was:
After a certain point your ability to gain toughness and melee skills sort of takes off and achieves a good cruising altitude. You're no longer at risk of dying, should someone smash you in the chest with their sword, you can hold your own long enough to get wise and flee or learn how to fight beter, etc.

Well, the degree you get your ass kicked is negotiable, but yeah.
You can try getting off some 'sick micro' on animals that have slow attacks to boost your attack stats early on but the only way you're increasing defense, dodge, and toughness is by getting your ass beat.
Training dummies aren't too bad if you're at max speed and alt-tab for a bit but don't bother reaching the dummy's max level and just stop a level or two short of the cap, it gets unbearably slow.

Bam

Where is a good place to buy some Ancient Science books and Engineering Research?
I'm starting to need them, and my 4 characters are still pretty weak, with the highest one being barely 30 in combat stats, so I don´t think I can raid a workshop or lab without someone dying

World's End has Ancient Science Books.
Engineering Research books can be found in workshops though, and tend not to be as heavily guarded as labs.

Dead

RIP

I haven't been playing much Kenshi lately as Mount and Blade Warband is just a better version of Kenshi until it's finished atm. :p But, I am seeding the new version 95.33 if anyone needs it.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:b7b0901b0cf727082e2c9dc69f8cd8a4535fd10a&dn=Kenshi+v0.95.33&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

final pity bump

Before this thread dies, are there any must have mods? Or at the very least, what are some quality of life mods?
And also, how do shop counters work? I got a lot of bandit shit to sell and I don't want to haul them for half a day just to sell it, so I built one and hoped some trader caravan would come buy some, but no one comes so its just there

player ran shops only work if your on a trade route or something like that.

i don't use mods so can't help you there.

I'm still too busy playing Warband to give a fuck about Kenshi atm, it's a great idea but it needs to get finished.

Well shit, only things that go near my base are wanderers, bandits and some bonedogs who nested nearby, guess I'll have to do a selling run later.
Is Mount & Blade like this but more polished? Because I could go for something like that.

no 95.35?