N++ ULTIMATE EDITION

N++ is a momentum-based 2D platformer with a minimalist art style, and a free update launched today increasing the level count from 2360 to 4340. The game's currently 50% off on Steam, so if you've now's a great time to support devs who are willing to work for a year and a half on free DLC: store.steampowered.com/app/230270/

If you've never played an N game, try the original for free: thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html

Sorry for shilling, but I absolutely love this game and the devs deserve more support so they can port the game to Linux, Xbone and Switch and hopefully work on even more content.

Other urls found in this thread:

thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oh no OP. Prepare to get bullied.

No you're not, otherwise you wouldn't do it. Was the indignity of getting your thread shit up worth the amount of money they paid you?

abso-fucking-lutely not

it's not even good

kill yourself

however OP is a fucking shill

OP is a faggot, but N is a very good game.

i couldn't finish half of the first one
i remember liking the suicide button

It's not like I wasn't expecting this reaction. I'm fully aware of how shit my OP is, but I'm not getting a cent from this. I just love the game. Still, I'll take being shit on for recommending a game over the alternative - a community that accepts having shit shoved down their throat by publishers.

Yep. I'm a faggot, no denying it.

N++ is fucking shit, there's no doubt about that. But N is like putting a beehive on your dick

Sounds like a gas.

Holy shit, we've got a bunch of filthy fucking casuals in our midst.

OP is definitely doing it for free, but disliking N is a definite sign of newfaggots who only like the last AAA QTEfest.

thewayoftheninja.org/nv2.html
And the original can still be played for free so you can confirm it was the Newgrounds fodder dime-a-dozen platformer you suspected it was

mega:#!9rBx0YBK!MZXaxK2u4H4kKs_pjgbNifL6_7M4qtY6PMu1_OVSvao
I think the 100% off sale is a much better deal.

I finished all of the levels from v1.4, but I spent way more time than I should have on some of them. (Longest I spent on 1 level was 2 weeks.)

Except unlike most Newgrounds Flash games from that time, N still holds up.

what is bad about it then?

Reddit tier shit

What was this written in, c++?

Why would I pay money for a free flash game?

Are you fucking retarded.

Bigger, better levels. New enemies. Eight times as many levels. Multiplayer modes. Secret challenges. Refined controls and physics. Colour schemes and a soundtrack. Why not?

MAKING A THREAD ABOUT GAMES THAT YOU NEED TO PAY FOR IS SHILLING REEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's a shill you twit, posting a webm of yourself doesn't change that one bit.

Oh for fuck's sake, if you want to start being a prat then by definition talking about any game at all is advertising for it. Get out get out get out I'm sick of having crying about shills ramrodded down my throat at all hours because of 90% of Holla Forums not actually understanding what shilling is and the other 10% being genuine but unbelievably paranoid, all with a heavy dash of vastly overestimating the influence on the video game industry a few thousand neets have because we still huff our own farts about managing to spook self important hipsters through Gamergate. I was fucking sick of it when it was called viral marketing and I'm still sick of if now because the only thing that's changed between then and now is a preference for Holla Forums's lexicon on the matter and it turns out Holla Forums is just as fucking retarded as we are because Holla Forums can't tell you who is and isn't a shill without arbitrarily broad strokes themselves despite fashioning themselves as shill hunters.

Get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out get out.

They literally link to the steam store page in the OP, you twit. How many threads do that? This is a blatant advertisement and sperging out doesn't change that. OP doesn't even talk about the actual game short of that tired and cliched sales pitch. It's a shill, and you're a retard.

It's not like the OP himself admitted it or anything.

Talks about what kind of game it is and offers a demo version via the free flash version, get bent you fucking board goblin. Surprise surprise somebody who pisses and moans about shilling stopped reading where it was convenient for him.

OP doesn't know what a shill is either but his use of it falls in line with Holla Forums's typical use of it.

You mean the old version. Still links to the steam page for the actual game, and only talks about the features of the new game.
On top of that, Mr "doesn't read shit" he outright admits to shilling in the OP, you faggot. Maybe if he stuck around to talk about playing the actual game instead of dumping his sales pitch and ditching the thread it'd seem slightly less like a blatant advertisement.

You take any confirmation you can get, don't you? That makes him about as much of a shill as me giving a Steam store link for Dark Souls would make me a FromSoft marketer. Nevermind that I'd probably leave my own thread involvement at (1) too if I made mention of more or less advertising a game I liked via a thread and talking about it in the op and immediately clever, brilliant minds latched onto it to offer their own ">shilling" (1) and done.

No, see, you have not a fucking clue what a marketer actually does beyond memes. A marketer would stick around to extoll the game's virtues and stick around to talk about it, in depth or not. A marketer would defend the game in the first place, and a marketer would probably think you a dribbling retard for thinking a Steam store link was verifiable proof of an ulterior agenda or employment beyond "I like this game".

Or maybe a shill would just keep bumping the thread so that the OP gets more firstpage exposure, while arguing to keep things going. It's entirely possible to talk about a game without linking directly to the store page. Many threads have successfully done so and failing to only makes it look like you're advertising the game. Hell it's even possible, believe it or not, to talk about games that recently have come out. But OP? That's not how you do it.

And there's different types of marketing. Hatred pretty much did the opposite of playing the game up, instead creating and riding a wave of controversy that led to more people buying the game in a "haha, I showed you" manner than on the game's actual merits. The goal is exposure, and always has been.

I mean it's not like this thread has any real value at this point, might as well sage and let it sink down the page numbers so that actual vidya discussion gets attention.

I've replied several times.

is right about the usage of "shill", by the way. I was not saying "I'm being paid!". Just acknowledging that I was being a faggot. In retrospect I would've written the OP quite differently, but I was quite excited at the time.

You want me to talk about the game? Fine, I'll talk about the fucking game.

I've played a little over 200 of the new Ultimate levels today. They're harder than the old levels, but still not nearly as hard as I'd have liked. I still have X row, secret challenges and ! tab to unlock which is where all the really tough stuff will be, but getting through the easier stuff feels like a slog. I've also played 200 old levels in Hardcore mode - it's basically N 2.0's arcade mode done right.

I'm not too pleased with the fact that Race mode got more new levels than either Solo or Co-op, I think it's the least deserving of them. When I inevitably play through them alone for completion points, that's REALLY going to be a drag. You could make a whole new Solo tab of slightly-altered Race levels and then they'd at least have all-gold badges to keep things interesting. The update is also buggier than I expected - the new achievements are currently fucked, and there are a couple of UI problems that need to be fixed. The actual game works fine, at least.

Yeah but the last time you replied was well over three hours ago. Anyways since N is vague as fuck to google I might as well ask. Wasn't there some sort of mode where you were able to play vs "shadows" of your old runs? Or is that the race mode you were talking about?

Fuck, it's almost as if people do shit outside of the internet sometimes.

You might be thinking of the evil ninjas? They follow the path you take about two seconds behind, and kill you on contact. Some levels have tons of them. If that's not what you were thinking of, I don't know.

If a store link were proof of shilling then congrats you fell for the meme of any purchase-support for a video game being shilling. Hatred worked because of its controversy, sure, but that was largely unintentional and due to bring complained about by bigger outlets and even being removed from Steam Greenlight under Gabe's nose.

The goal is exposure and Holla Forums would not bed my first or tenth choice for that exposure. Much bigger fish to fry there, especially when Holla Forums is known for being avid pirates and paranoid.

That might be it. But to be fair I'm going off of memories of an old flash game version from forever ago so things are fuzzy enough as-is. Come to think of it, I might be thinking of another game altogether, since a "time attack" mode doesn't really make sense in a game that already has a time limit.

Exposure's exposure. And Holla Forums is more likely to respond to nostalgia than new things. N isn't some indie pixleshit game, doesn't push a progressive agenda, and is pretty much entirely gameplay. It'd be a good fit, improved only by tits.

Evil ninjas weren't in the flash version, so you're probably thinking of something else.

translation: