This is how game developers think in this day and age

archive.is/kVek7

Further blurring the line between a game and a second job you don't get paid for. If this shit doesn't flop how long before this unholy cancer spreads to other games. Why the fuck do developers take themselves so god damn seriously?

Valve seems awfully needy for peoples phone numbers, they keep pushing users to link their phones to their account in order to use the market now this.

They also are doing this with the chinese version of CS:GO. The chinese client bans the actual person based on their government issued ID and not on in game profile.

online gaming is just an extension of the FBI at this point.

Just… why? They already have access to your location and everything on your computer, why is a phone number necessary? For a fucking video game of all things, i don't see the point. To make ranked "more serious"? So russians can't play with smurf accounts? So gaben's unending hunger for control and money can be satisfied?

Steam was a mistake.

I just want to play a fucking game without having to register my Social Security number and have 4 fucking references.

These people are fucking retarded.

In 5 years they'll ID you by the size of your anus, if it doesn't increase in diameter they'll ban you.

Like don't play shit games lol.

To add on that, there's a 50% forced win/lose ratio anyway, you get matched with retards on purpose. What's the fucking point? Ban retards too if you really wanna fix it.

Nah. You can still get a 50.1% win rate. Then you only need to play thousands upon thousands of hours to get to any tier of play where you actually have to think.

Are they retarded or do they just think smurfs are that retarded?

So if you're a bad goy ruining the rigged match making they can punish you more severely without you evading the ban, so they can keep rigging the matches in favor of people who spend money so they keep spending money.

It won't. Good devs that make good games don't get cancer from garbage.

They said the same thing about DLC.

Good games don't have day 1 DLCs.
And there is nothing wrong with DLCs that were made on money from main game's sales.

Other than replacing expansions which where superior in every conceivable way.

Iit wont flop, almost everyone on Steam has their phones already linked to their accounts.

Define the difference?
Something like Artorias DLC is no different from LOD for Diablo 2.

I don't, And now I have an inventory full of cards I can't sell, it wont flop because ARTSfags are braindead.

Most DLC's add like 1-3 new areas, and more weapons/classes. Expansions would be 1-3 new area types in a new campaign that was as long as the original game and usually have more weapons classes. Although the area type doesn't really carry over since that was back when you can mod new levels and now significantly less games can be modded. Which is another norm now.

Also expansions where harder to abuse because you had to actually ship them, where now devs just shit out a DLC a year after making the game that adds a small mods worth of content. It's like if all the additions to Thief gold where sold separately for $10.

Holy shit these guys are faggots.
What's even worse is that I am close friends with retards who play LoL and not even they get pissed off about smurfs. They don't give a shit and half the time they have a smurf on their team anyways.

Perhaps it's because they're locked down onto Steam because of all their other games, so they see Valve as great for fucking them in the ass at every opportunity.

Also expansions were rare and expensive.
I'd rather have small or cosmetic update to the game than nothing at all.
And as I said expansion-tier DLCs are still being made.
So my point stands - good devs make good games without bullshit. Shit devs will parrot other shit devs, like they always did.

Your confusing Expansion packs with DLC, Expansion packs are great as they actually have content worth their price, dlc is just cut content they decided to sell for a quick buck.

Expansion paks are not DLC but DLC can be an expansion.

Well if Dark Souls came out 10-20 years ago, it would have had an expansion for sure. It also would have been moddable. So you could have paid for another game and have had the same mechanics and stuff from Dark Souls 1 before they started shitting it up in their sequels.

Also I've never seen a DLC with as much content as an expansion. Considering most expansions would pass off today as a sequel.

The point is that Dota has a problem with smurf accounts playing in low-skill matches so the smurf can have an easy stomp game, and it also has a problem with account boosting. A lot of players actually requested this exact system to address the issues.

In the same update they also disabled ranked play on certain low-population servers (which were commonly being used to create smurf accounts with low/high MMR), banned a shitload of bot accounts, improved the report system.

You only need to provide a phone number to play ranked, so you can play the game just fine without one. The whole point of these changes was to put some economic pressure on the "dota account" grey market so it became more difficult for accounts to be botted to a particular rank and sold, or for players to rent a "get me out of low priority" service where a botter plays your account in a low-pop server to get easy wins against bots.

Are you retarded?

Ringed City for Dark Souls 3 or Old Hunters for Bloodborne want to have a word with you.

Post yfw you don't play shit games so this doesn't apply to you

10 years ago Dark Souls would have come out exclusively on the Playstation and never get a pc or xbox port.

Where those DLC-sized expansions?

I googled Old Hunters and it came up as a "DLC-Expansion".

Many of the people getting upset in this thread don't actually play the game. Although they certainly aren't missing much.

tru

It's fucked up for 2 reasons.
1) It shows game devs forgot games are fucking games not jobs
2) It could become the norm because everyone fucking copies valve now

That's what I'm saying you turbo nigger.

You are telling me that you have never played Undead Nightmare? Anyways each one featured a new storyline and around 16-24 missions as well as new side content.

lads

user, 2007 was 10 years ago.

The hipsters and SJW infiltration is very, very deep. Both the journalists and vast majority of reviewers are in on that and are all interconnected in one giant circle jerk.

This is my fear. Back in the 30's they said SSN would never be used for identification. I don't want to have to submit my goddamn drivers license just to play a multiplayer game.

For anyone crying "but why", it's just an anti-cheat and anti-smurf method and probably to curve black market as well. They already did this for csgo last year, it's called Prime there.

Hats are serious business.

What?
Why?
Even pros smurf just for the sake of practice, getting to the top of the charts.

You forgot the economic value of random drops.

pls no

Do you have any evidence to back that up?

Banning people cheating the matchmaking system actually helps make matchmaking less of a nightmare.
Too many niggers ban evading using multiple accounts, other niggers botting whole teams throwing games so they can then get massive MMR profits in a few games to then sell the accounts, etc.

to be fair I just qued solo due to this thread, that and my gfs sister took back persona 5

What the fuck are they thinking with this

Yes, because forced 50 is just and fair and totally not cheating people who play solo

Valve already has my personal info anyways, as I used the steam store in the past. Really this isn't that bad unless you are underage and don't buy games.

Good goyim.

You don't buy video games?

It's also bad if you like cheese pizza or some hot eastern sauce, since they can just whistle to the government.

Not if it means giving up my phone and address.

Yup and it's called Demon Souls.

Your whole post is kind of a mindfuck really. It's obviously bait but it's like every 2 words is a mini-bait, and then that last part. Using the "underaged" buzzword and with "not buying games" on a board known for pirating because the industry has declined so hard over the years.

Heh

If they forced the steam account to have made some amount of purchases in the steam store (a more efficient deterrent) you would have called them mega Jews. There's no winning with you people, they're just trying to control the awful matchmaking made worse by smurfs and bots.

Good way to trim shitloads of people out of the game valve, if someone's too poor to afford a cell, and is only interested in comp gamemodes, you've lost them, good job

Nobody like that exists outside of Africa.

Top kek m8

Damn you're right.

Sure it's culling the cancer, but in a game that's entirely fucking cancer it seems disadvantageous at this point. Especially after they just dropped a patch equivalent to WoW's cataclysm.

How many of the people on that list do you think actually lurk here? Last I remember, steam groups that are public just have every-fucking-one join it because their friends spam invites for some dumbass reason. I wouldn't doubt half those people are redditors who joined during gamergate to seem hardcore or something.

Just because you guys want to hand Steam and Blizzard and EA your information to give to whoever pays them the most doesn't mean we all do. But I'm sure you would find good company on halfchan if you think '8/v/ promotes piracy' is insincere.

normalfag spotted

Literally everyone has friends.

I get why some of you are whining about this but this will definitely improve matchmaking quality, just like prime did in CSGO.

It will cut down on the amount of poor beaners squatting on US East and reduce the amount of faggots playing on smurf and bought accounts. Now all they need to do is region lock MMR.

There are still people in the west who genuinely don't want a cellphone because why the fuck would you?

Maybe this will help kill DotA2 faster. Its been dying for years because it was bleeding players ever since they tried to make it full esports.

To add to that: Anyone who plays DotA2 past 7.00 should be permabanned from Holla Forums.

I have a shit flip phone, costs me $20 a month.

Yeah they probably just jack off to ching chong games like Nier

heh

I'm just a 2K noob that has fun playing with my friends man I don't know what to tell you. I think you're thinking of LoL gamer girls or something.

Epic reactionface.png dude you sure got me

Calm down dude, just don't expect to stand on a moral high ground when you're playing dota 2

>on MY Holla Forums

I and all my proxies were permabanned on halfchan before 8ch even existed, so it's not really an option for me. Sorry.

Hey man not all of us can play nothing be single player chong games.

Besides I thought tinfoil fedoranators loved Valve because muh linux support.

Reminder that sooner or later that thing will be hacked by chinese hackers and all that information will be in hands of everybody who wants to scam you. Already happened in south korea with their shitty id system.

I imagine some day people will be in debt for money for playing "free 2 play" video games, because of online credits. This is the true reason why they need to hook you up on personal information, to gain more money.

You must be new here.

You use proxies to post on chans but give your personal information to Valve?
What?

What says, at some point they're gonna be breached and all your personal info is gonna be leaked.
It happened to Yahoo and Google, don't act like it can't happen to Valve.

Now link me my post where I said I do.

Unless you have some serious mental illness then you have no reason to not have some equally retarded friends as you.

that's a filename I haven't seen in a while

Shit, lost the train of the argument.

refer to the diagram indicated

I still don't understand the problem with "smurfing".
It's high skilled players playing with low skilled players to stomp, but I thought the whole point of video games was gitting gud, how are you goint to acquire proficiency without resistance?
Is this really that much of a problem? One skilled faggot can't carry a team.

do you browse reddit perchance?

Oh no I'll have to occasionally tell retarded russian/indian scammers to suck my balls.

It's like throwing a 6 year old into the ocean and saying "lrn2swimfgt", instead of starting them out in the kiddie pool and gradually building them up.

It's not a problem. People better than the competition will rise in overall ranking while pubs will get stomped. With a player base as large as what Dota 2 supposedly boasts it shouldn't be a problem, but I guess they have so many game modes and regions that the player base is massively divided and people smurfing really ruins it for the shitters who play at the newbie-level rank.

Not a very good argument counting the fact that Dota 2 is a free product in the first place. They just want find ways to scam their own users, and sell the information about dota players, their account preferences, the games they buy and so on to find a way to profit off statistics. Most phones are also linked to other social networking websites and providers, so its easy to get the rest credentials as well, if they would look them up.

Valve never loses money off video games, especially not when even their market still pours money directly back at them. Its just a reason they made up to justify further jewery.

Video games like CS:GO and Dota aren't an ocean though, any newfag can kill a skilled player with teamwork, there's only so gud you can get on your own.

There's a training mode with bots and casual mode. New players shouldn't be trying to play ranked.

Do you not buy anything online without bitcoins?

Look up what a scam is

You obviously don't play either of those games.

A high skill smurf can completely carry a game in CSGO and get 2-3 kills if not more each round.

In Dota 2 a high skill Smurf can just spam pick heroes that lower skill players don't know how to deal with like Mirana or Meepo.

The bot modes are only suitable if you're brand new, anyone that isn't retarded should be able to easily crush hard bots within a couple tries.

you just suck at video games
It is 5 people per team in CS:GO right?

Except they are an ocean, 5v5 allows a relatively good player to carry the entire team by himself. There is also the ban evasion factor, people evade low priority by using bots in ranked.

I haven't played CS since source, but I know enough about GO, and even if you were really fucking good you couldn't win matches single handedly unless the opposing team really sucked, which I assume entry level competitive would've weeded out by now to relegate to casual mode.
And I don't play Dota because i'm not an autist

kek check the id lad. I consider you faggots friends too you know

Great, then they'll be ready to play against players because they already know how to build, lane, gank etc.
You're seriously arguing that smurfing isn't fair in the git gud mode. Oh no! Shitters won't be able to beat people better than them! How sad for them!
This won't even stop pubstomps. It's literally crying over nothing and the moment its implemented the babies who are shit at ranked will blame something else for their inability to get better at the game.

Nah dude to unlock ranked in CSGO you just have to put in like 4-6 hours playing the shit game modes. Most Smurfs play like shit in their placement games and for every game they stomp they have a game they throw.

The few times I've recently played without Prime because friends not having it it's like if you live in the nice part of town but have to visit the African American area.

But muh gorilla emperor

No dude the Dota 2 bots are complete shit. They do not reflect how real >2K MMR games go at all. They're only good for getting familiar with the controls.

Have you tried playing against the hardest bots? On top of cheating, they actually coordinate ganks and jungle raids and can lane efficiently. The boys are easily 3k MMR.

sure is Holla Forums in here

Then why are they playing ranked? They won't beat average players let alone smurfs. This argument is just excuses, VIDF.

The unfair bots are really good at denying and 5 stacking a lane at 15 minutes. They also have pinpoint precision when comboing all of their abilities. Things you simply wont see in 99% of all real games.

The matchmaking in unranked is a lot looser so you'll run into coordinated 5 stacks and people 1-2K MMR above you frequently.

Ranked is recommended even if you don't care about MMR because it's a more consistent experience.

Well I guess its okay if they ruin their first account because they can always smu-

What do you mean ruin their account? MMR is the only thing cared about in the Dota 2 community. Win/Loss ratio is such a joke that coop bot matches count towards it.

Also I did forget that recently they raised the bar of entry for Ranked. You have to be level 20 which is actually putting quite a few normal/coop bot matches under your belt.

If people have to be level 20 and have already played some games before going into ranked, then why is smurfing bad? They'll get stomped and have to face easier opponents, and the smurf will go up and face harder opponents.
This argument is going in circles.

This is why needing a phone number is a good idea.

fuck off

It's literally the same solution as Prime Matchmaking in CS:GO solving the same goddamn problem. I don't see why people are throwng a shitfit over this now and not last fucking year.

The only people caught in the crossfire is the 10 people that somehow don't even have a shitty flip phone in 2017 or paranoid tinfoilers. Sucks to be you, but I'd rather they make the game more enjoyable than accommodate luddites.

I'd kill myself if I had 4 friends who were autistic enough to play this garbage with me.

Cock isn't the only thing this faggot is smoking. What is this shit supposed to mean?

yeah not wanting to sell any more of my personal information makes me paranoid.
I suppose the same argument could be made for asking your SSN then, wouldn't it?

any link to korea ids backfiring?

it already happened when HL2 got leaked dont you remember?

I'd wager he's mad about needing a cell phone when you can get shit flip phones for $20 a month from some providers.

It's a pretty silly leap to jump from a phone number, something that's relatively easy to change, to a permanent Government ID number.

The Dota team is staffed by retards for retards that are too retarded to play a real RTS game, what did you expect?

But user, it's just to stop shitters from selling accounts. Everyone has a social, so it's not like you're not going to have one.

Also Dota 2 is a global game and SSN is America only. Anyone in the world can have a phone number, and while it's easy to change it's something you want to avoid doing. Valve struck the perfect balance.

>>>/cuckchan/

Forcing you to use a phone to play ranked is not a 'perfect balance'. It's an unnecessary inconvenience.

fucking hell, this is going to end with them locking people out of their libraries isn't it?

if this means i dont have to play with russians and peruvians i dont give a shit about my phone number, oh no!!! not my fucking phone number!!!! its nothing

The unholy cancer (read: you) has already spread into imageboards. So i'm guessing no longer.

Trust me it's very necessary.

This guy understands.

if you think it's going to make the dota community better you're sorely mistaken

Y'know what user, you're clearly committing to stupidity and ignorance if you think this is going to make the game any better.

I don't give a shit about the community, I want the standards for ranked matchmaking raised to filter out as many third worlders and smurfs as possible, which is exactly what Valve has done in CSGO and now Dota 2

you were the peruvian shitters all along

Gives a whole new meaning to ASSFAGGOTS

I'm glad I never got into this shit, but I hope there is a backlash that forces Valve and other devs to think about what they're doing.

what is the real issue with providing your phone number? you might get unsolicited calls if valve sold your number? a phone number is as much your own personal information as your username, someone can contact you with it, wow.

Didn't it start losing players after 7.00 hit?
Before that the player numbers kept either increasing or stayed stagnant, but only after 7.00 gropped they took a measurable hit ithink.

barely, most people who say "dead game" are bitter faggots who complain after every patch comes around

this doesn't really bother me. the purpose is to stop people from having 1000 accounts for the purposes of practicing against lower bracket players for the sake of not harming their ranking.

the idea is annoying, but it's not that big of a deal for 99.99% of players.

"dying for years" ok dude

You don't even play so why do you care faggot

The fact that they want it. Would you give Holla Forums your license plate number to post?

He couldn't because he isn't old enough to drive.

they could look at the back of my car as could anyone who walks past it or drives past it, its probably even less personal than a phone number, so yes i would

It's only personal info if you're the Government, just like a phone number is only personal info if you're the service provider.

I forgot to add that I can literally go on Verizon's website and change my phone number in under 10 minutes.

Huh, always thought the people who enjoy this shit must be idiotically stupid, thanks for confirming.

Just like your debit card and PIN numbers are only personal info if you're the bank who issued it, am I right? Why don't you give it to anons here, then?

i really fail to see your problem with this, anyone can see a license plate number, its fucking nothing, its not like i have to send valve a vial of my ball sweat to log on, i just have to give them my phone number to have more enjoyable matchmaking, its not the end of the world, neither is it even big enough of a deal to create a thread on 8ch about it

That's different because credit card into can be used to access my money retard. I could give you my phone number and the worst you could do with it is bug me.

say you wanted to keep in contact with someone you just met, would you not give them your phone number because you see it as equivalent to giving them your bank details? stop jumping through hoops to justify your retardation

Valve doesn't even need to sell information, they make ridiculous amounts of money already. It would be spare change in comparison to releasing a new arcana.

My problem is that when the devs decided to provide a solution to their problem, rather than do some actual work and fix the issue they decided to collect players personal information instead. There's zero reason for Valve to collect phone numbers, but for some reason they've been pushing to starting with the trading nonsense a while back.
Then there's the addicts proudly exclaiming how good this is and how they don't mind giving all these "small" details of themselves in order to play a video game.

i dont see any other way to combat smurf accounts and 3rd world shitters as effectively as requiring a simple phone number. these "small" details are exactly that: small.

First they ask for your phone number, two years later they ask that you download their app for that phone number which must have geolocalisation opened at all time, so they are sure you use the same computer that you normally use to play the game, then 3 years later that app now requires you to provide fingerprints while saying an activation code every time you want to log in, remember you can only do so at the designed location too. 4 years later, they require you to have your face filmed by the camera on your phone during the full length of matches. Etc, etc, etc. Never give an inch when it comes to privacy, because those rats aim for the whole mile.

With a simple phone number, I could find more info on you, which would lead me to your name and address, which then I could use to send you a few quarans and bibles. Or If I were really ill intentioned and wouldn't give a shit about laws, I could decide to use that for the purpose of identity theft. You know many of those businesses where you give info do have shitty ways of protecting it and can be used by people with a lot of time to lose or bad intentions, right?

first you make a retarded post on 8ch, then you take an autism test online, then you get the results and fall into a depression, then you kill yourself. except only the first example i listed has happened and i highly doubt the rest will because both our epic slippery slopes are based off assumptions that only confirm our bias

RPG-style ranking, leveling and item schemes in non-RPG online games was a mistake.

Yes, and anything that has happened in South Korea can't happen anywehere else.
Nope, not possible.

I had to look that up, you've got your panties in a twist over alts?
Creating USA, Germ, UK, ect only servers would be too difficult, lets collect phone numbers instead!

You can't smell bullshit when you're walking in it and I'm supposed to be the retard? The slippery slope is real but you're too retarded to see it or learn about the past to see the trend we're being set on. I bet you'll ask for an RFID implant once they go on the market, after all carrying a wallet is such a bother, am I right?

That's why Africans are just as successful as Europeans.

when the alt account places someone in a higher skill bracket than they should be, causing them to lose more games which then affects their team who may not have lost if that guy hadn't smurfed causing a ripple through higher skill brackets until they eventually fall back down to the skill level they were at before, then they buy another high skill account, deluded into thinking it was their teams fault, and continues to lose games

Also I love how your tard brain can actually draw all of that bullshit out from Valve simply wanting to make matchmaking less shitty for legitimate players. And I doubt you could find much info from my phone number because I've changed it recently and I'm not a retarded baby boomer that falls for spam.

There's a Russian and an Eastern European servers for Dota 2 yet Russians and other nigger slavs flood Europe West for better queue times.

Same thing with US West and US East but with retarded beaners from South and Central America.

The first part of

Was meant for

and like said, low tier 3rd worlders have the mindset that it isnt their fault, its their teams fault, their team are russian trash! they will go to EU west and win their games because they belong there, then they lose games there and continue to blame their team in a language they dont speak, a UK server would just mean that now i can be even more directly assaulted by retards from other countries

Or when someone buys an account with 1MMR and has literally 30-60 games of noob stomping until they actually get back to their real skill range.

Alts have been a thing for forever, they aren't going away anytime soon. Also if the issue is so bad then there should be alts on both teams, fixing the problem by itself. :^)
Please tell me this is a joke.

So, the issue would be fixed if they added more servers for the countries invading? I don't see how Vlad giving his number to Valve will keep him from playing on west Europe servers.

since the 6 years steam guard has been created, the only advancement they have made is sending a verification code to your phone, wow, if i log in on another device, i get the code to verify it is me, this slope sure is real with your timespan of 2-3 years per privacy invasion

it really isnt a joke, there are websites dedicated to selling high skill accounts, you seem to be speaking from a lack of experience

and your solution to stopping russians from going somewhere for better queue times is to give everyone else bad queue times?

Creating more servers would just divide the player base even more when it's already divided over ranked/unranked and 10 game modes.

And it really isn't solely for queue times, US East and Europe West do have the best though. A lot of third worlders blame their teams for every defeat so they go play on servers that they think will get them better teammates. I really don't have much insight into how nigger slav brains operate.

I know beaners think of Dota 2 like an epic battle arena instead of a team based strategy game. They're so retarded they actually call carry heroes "killers" and support heroes "losers".

You can still play unranked,retards.

I have pretty much given up on ranked so it doesn't really affect me in any way.Then again I've been going cold turkey on it for a long while due to other shit in my life taking priority and will probably get back on it once I finish my fucking backlog.

credit card debt has been a thing since credit cards were invented, debt from an online video game purchase is no different to debt from paying for a lap dance with a credit card, unless.

Well goyim, the fuck should I do? Do I give them my phone number in order to play ranked or do I just give up on Dota?

These two anons are just shitters who don't want to git gud, there's no point arguing with them.

joke's on them
but here's the real question can they also pick up your debts?

Consider it a badge of honor tbqh fam.
I was mistaken, I assumed they were looking for better queue times because their servers were over crowded, rather than waiting for more of their own to join. Remove some of their servers then.

Knock that git gud baby speak shit off lol.

There's still unranked that you can play if you don't care about raising MMR

What if I want to raise my MMR? I mean, what's the big deal? So what if they know my phone number, it's not like I'm going to get called from Indian scammers/telemarketers.

At least I get to have better matchmaking.

higher pop servers have better queue times due to more matches being made more frequently, russia just has one big server, so removing it would make the problem even worse, its also not just for queue times, EU dota is known to be a bastion of high skill players, which trash retards are drawn to in hopes they win games with the "better" players, though if you really wanted to see the difference in skill you would need to be at 5k+ MMR, which they arent any where near.

im simply saying that providing steam with your phone number for ranked isnt as terrible as the other dipshits think, and am then listing problems that would be solved with the addition of requiring phone numbers, i dont claim to be higher skill than i am and im not blaming others for my losses

yeah if something crazy happens in the cultural hellhole that is south korea it can happen everywhere, just like their president being impeached for being part of a cult

like North Korea is* China's meat shield.

The future looks bleak for people like me.

Maybe if you fucking have a home phone, maybe.

Fuck off back to whereever you came from

well I did not know this before, thanks based pastor
they tell the same thing about depressive people and want them to join their cult

user, do you have even the slightest clue how much data phones leak?

Are you straight off reddit or what?

Time to drop DotA 2 user
MOBA genre is shit anyway

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

exactly user, you take that back, they are called ASSFAGGOTS not MOBA

Uhuh, and Valve certainly wouldn't gain anything else from having another piece of information about their "consumers" in their databases.
Get real dude.

get with the times gramps

How did Valve end up EA tier so horribly fast? This is something I could have seen them doing years ago

Hilarious. And then those same preachers wonder why Christianity became so weak over the decades. Although after learning about subversion, I wouldn't be surprised to find out if some of those performances are done on purpose. Fortunately the White House finally has a leader (also mfw) that understands the connection between the Bible and the U.S.A.'s supreme laws, so the U.S.A. is going down the right path anyway despite the best efforts of these useful idiots.

i dont know why you replied to my post with unrelated trump shit, but you need to fuck off back to 4chan and reddit

No.

And you know those DOTA faggots would actually do it…

I'm more surprise that it's taking this long. I suppose the goal is to boil you slowly rather than alerting you to the fact that you've been in the cooking pot for years.
It's been such a slow boil from Steam itself, with its DRM, digital distribution, and "subscriptions" replacing contracts of sale, the unilateral change preventing legal action and requiring arbitration, with the user's games held hostage until they agree, which is how all Steam agreement changes will work, the overton window getting pushed on paid mods, which Valve has clearly stated will return, some of the worst practices in microtransactions outside of mobile trash, and now things like this.
Steam users are the absolute worst, it's clearly apparent that they're nothing more than consolefags who got lost and think they're better than their ilk just because they convinced their friend to build them a PC.

i think you're behind on the time grandpa. you just gotta do what drug dealers have been doing for decades already. go buy a pre-paid burner phone and use that fucking number you goddamn idiot

Tell us user, How many friends do you have..? I bet he has over 2 dozen active one Kek

poor and/or smart people BTFO!! :'^)

m8 csgo's had this cancer for years now and no one even complained. people said it was good, even. "it keeps the haxorz away!". it was just a matter of time. i'm honestly surprised that steam itself doesn't want my phone number yet.

ok, a year..

not even, you might want your eyes checked

How many dicks get sucked per minute there?

I don't get it, all of those posts seem fine.

Kill me, Pete.

You don't need a plan to be able to call 911

random drops that are mostly non tradable, non marketable in the first place. the impact to item economy is minimal.

ranked is shit anyway.

I've been living a lie.

the numbers are higher in that year than the last and unless you want to compare the 4 months in 2017 to the 12 in 2016, i fail to see how it has been dying for a year

Oh, wait, no, my state doesn't let you do that.

not an argument

no it isn't, it's a demand

leftypol plz…

is your paycheck based on how much you post?
don't answer that
a rhetorical question

And people said that could never happen 10 years ago…

its based on how many bedsores i get and what the treatment costs

What do you think?

don't answer that

im strapped to a chair and am forced to make posts to keep up valves reputation or else i dont get fed the pizza scraps gabe leaves behind

you're killing me
did you make it up yourself or did you get some intern downstairs to come up with it?

the interns only come up to send electrical impulses through my legs so they dont atrophy completely

don't answer that
a rhetorical question

Those games aren't fucking fun, they are works. You spend 30min farming items for 2 minutes of "fun", 3/4 of your abilities are boring as shit. Every is raging nonstop.
Why is this shit popular?
Why did this become a thing?
Why so many communities and comfy online games died for this trash?
Someone help me.

im not the only one

its fun with friends or competent humans on your team, i think most people are just big retards with nothing else to play because they are boring humans who must submit to a 40 minute long routine of being gay retards

probably because of the potential to win that e-sports money.

I've sworn off any MOBA's because of the shit community it breeds. When you've got people rallying in the chat to ban you for not playing it right in a section that was specifically for beginners and not pros, it's best to just uninstall and never return to that game again.

Typical dumb normalfag response.

This shit isn't going to stand. It's worse than the paid mods.

if i get your phone number would you die?

It probably will since normalfags have no trouble selling their personal info to twitters, kikebooks etc.

it probably will because your phone number is hardly confidential

Then what is it?

a string of numbers that allows retard scammers to bug me at most

What's your phone number?
Here's mine
870-568-7136
call me ;)

+447502134995

i would if international calls werent gay

You can tell how underage some of these posters are by the fact that they grow up thinking that posting as much personal info online as possible is normal.

Now try.

Smurfs and account buyers (shitters how buy a high ranked account) are a pretty big problem in match making these days.

Yeah and since nobody is paying you for it, you shouldn't be forced to lose games because some retard can't handle the fact that he is 2k.

My name is garry bob joe.
Hack me.

I have 54.6% and there are more than enough people who have a higher win rate.
It's not some dark evil magic that places people around the 50% mark, it just means that if you keep winning you'll start playing against better people and if you keep loosing you'll face worse players.

Also there is a difference between playing 100 balanced games or stomping 50 times and getting stomped 50 times even if you end up with 50 wins in each case.

I didn't know Reddit was that bad.

Dota was big long before the big companies came in and started handing out big price money.
It also achieved that success without any marketing money or publisher support.

Dota and reddit really takes "No fun allowed" to next levels.

ive said much worse on dota 2

Lol does have the more casual audience and it's not only about classical smurfs, but also people buying high level accounts.
It's not that strange that they are happy about an attempt at a solution for those problems.

I'm still sore about them requiring a phone # to trade and use the market.
I just wanted to swap virtual tf2 weapons worth 1 cent each.
I fucking hate these kikes.

call me when the pop reaches 500k during peak times and ill consider that its dying

It's a team game, so the 4 people on the smurfs team don't have much to do and the 5 people on the opposing team can't really do much either.

Then there is the account buyer which means that the 5 people in the opposing team don't have much of a challenge while the 4 others are being dragged down by their retard.

Until they create a new account. It's like some transnigger beating up women in UFC because he doesn't want to face opponents on his level.

and you care about having to get a prepaid burner phone for $20? which you should have anyways.

Having some sort of two-step verification over your phone is neither something Valve invented nor something that is all too outlandish.

People who actually play the game seem to pretty happy on average.

why is this so special? people have been paying subscriptions for online games for quite a long time. that also tends to include some kind of identification.

I don't know about most of those preachers, but the first one is pretty decent, has a growing church and even beat Contra without cheats.
And from an objective standpoint playing video games is not the most productive thing one can do.

You should be careful with your phone number, user. That's the most private thing about any person and is never allowed to be given out.
Just like your e-mail address, I hope you didn't tell valve about it when you made your account.

On the black market you might even find things called "phone books" which are so valuable that only the biggest multi national cooperation can afford them.

Could you name one f2p game from EA with a model that is as good for the non paying customer as the one in Dota?
Or any other f2p game for that matter.

Some cunt try to call me. I'll casually talk to you and have a normal conversation.
870-568-7136

DoTA has its own charm beyond all the other games copying it out there and if you hate it; you likely weren't there for the beginning of it or if you were and still do? Then you're just bad and are typical of Holla Forums who shits on anything at some point regardless of what it is.

Example of a retard who is bad and gets his feelings hurt ez. This faggot thinks there's only one way to play DotA or DotA 2.

But that's WRONG.

This is truth.

Everytime I see some fag crying about DotA or DotA 2. They always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS bitch about competitiveness in any game. Like every game should just be singleplayer and dictated to their standard. But you know… I am on the most autistic board to ever be.

pls git gud b4 u cry bout competitive games

Was UT, Quake, Halo; CE, Tribes, PS, etc all just a joke 2 u?

inb4 REEEEEEEEEE, get off my Holla Forums, typical autistic screeching post, etc

ur post would be improved with the removal of umaru

I'm not going to pay shit just to change my loadout in tf2, which I barely play anymore.
It started when I just wanted to demoknight, and I needed the boots. Less than a fucking penny's worth, and I already bought shit from the store to be able to trade.

Then you'll move the goal post to 250k because Valve has you by the balls. Eventually more and more people, aside from the 3rd worlders with nothing in their lives, will realize that once you experiment with all the heroes, dota isn't a fun game. It just keeps you preoccupied.

Anyone with+2k hours is just going through the routines.
>If they lose they'll get frustrated and queue up again hoping that they'll get a better team this time they wont

All the streamers are basically trapped with dota because they spent their lives training for it then built a audience only to have valve shit up the game. What else are they going to do? They'll lose their audience/job if they change games, which they'll be forced to face eventually.

I remember CLQ would say "Nobody plays this game anymore". Well CLQ is referring to +5k MMR, where all the people know eachother. They're all leaving because DotA has been dumbed down in favor of casuals like all of Valves games. This phone number thing was a last ditch effort to keep that from eroding away since account buyers where one of the many things making those players consider just quitting all together.

Nobody cares about your shit bait.

literally in real life kill yourself

Fucking kike die.

why would i want less lolis?

cause umaru is a young lady that acts like a gross autist for every episode

well, in a thread about concerns over internet privacy and security, posting drumpf is automatically bait

I know. Its just the reaching from vidya normal fags being ultra gullible to these marketing moves to suddenly us being possessed by retarded demons to all of a sudden Trump being the most offensive thing in the thread is fucking retarded in and of itself. I'm all about kike bashing, but don't suddenly act all offended like these things are off the table to discuss when we have posts like what I replied to.

Everyone should know it leads to nothing but Holla Forums and Holla Forums sperging and derailment.
Unless the OP has Trump, I consider anything with him bait.

thats fair

I purposely put Umaru in there, but, I understand you, user… You're a best-girl kind of guy

it's ok to be bad at video games, user

You mad about my post or are you mad about my Umaru shitposting?
Which is it you pedantic hardass of a faggot? You can only choose ONE

ohay mark

You're acting as if having 250k people online at the same time is a low number.
He's still playing the game. Can be pretty entertaining if he doesn't spent too much time crying.

I don't play the game anymore but I really don't see how encouraging people to not be little bitches and make smurfs a bad thing. MM systems are cancer because of these kind of players. Shitty players hit a skill wall and instead of getting good they just sandbag everyone else, I'd be lying if I said I've never made a smurf in other games but that is more seeing how fast I can climb the ladder not bullying people who barely understand the basic concept of the game. It ends up being this cycle of people just fucking the game over for actual new players because they can't handle the thought of an honest loss. Sure there is issue of "privacy" with giving away your number and linking it to your account but if you actually gave a shit about that kind of thing you wouldn't be wasting your free time playing games like a child.

How has the game been recently anyway? I haven't played since it was just Drow and Visage ruining everyone day.

The "force soloQ only" option is the only thing I ever want out of my games, stacks take all the fun out of it regardless of what end you're on.

Are you intentionally proving my point?

They added a fuckton of gold on the map and wells everywhere. Making it so you can literally teleport into your jungle and heal, or you can have well healing TWICE while defending top T3 and THREE FUCKING TIMES defending mid T3.

Combined with old changes like armor aura's around towers and all around buffing towers it's way harder to end games than it use to be. Now literally anyone can jungle just like league since they can just buy iron talon leagues smite ability, heal in the jungle, and run around collecting one of the 4 bounty ruins that spawns every 2 minutes. The 4 core pub joke shit is now legit, especially when you consider comeback gold and can only really be countered by a heavy teamfight team that ends early. Also they added a ton of retarded shit to baby bad players like fairie fires and raindrops which make it easier to farm your lane, especially mid. Aghs rush invoker is in every fucking game now for some reason.

To summarize it, they basically made the game easier for bad players.

That sounds terrible, whats average game length now?

Since everyone picks 4 cores now, either the team with less cores ends in 20 minutes or the game lasts for an hour and they lose.

What a flat out fucking lie this is

Just so everyone knows this is bait. I was able to jungle as Meepo by abusing the wells and iron talons. As soon as I got level 3 it was ez-mode.

Riot literally forces heroes to specifically be in a certain place. In fact the meta in League is so enforced that you get punished for not playing it. Like a support can only be a support, and nothing more. Sona or Lulu can't go mid, because, they're supports, etc. When it people found out they could take their champions outside of their 'role,' you know what happens? They immediately nerf or patch out that style of playing for that champion entirely.

You can't jungle with anyone in League you god damn nigger.

You've always been able to jungle in DotA because of how aggro works.

It isn't bait because it is a lie when you compare the games. Jungle in League is not the same thing as in DotA 2.

It's also cute you think you're doing anyone a service by pointing out something so trivial.

I'll say it again; you've always been able to jungle with any hero even before DotA 2.

It's a different type of bait then.

Who is the real master baiter here, user?

you know ids exist right? you arent speaking to me

i recall meepo jungle being a thing in classic dota. but that was years ago

Anyone who plays dota knows heroes that could jungle where the extreme minority of heroes before Iron Talon's existed.

Shiii-

Why. It's a fucking game.
Answer: don't play kike games.

Game developer thought process:

I like how umaruposting is the sure way to identify brain dead people.

I don't know about you nigger, but, with the way aggro works in DotA you can literally jungle any hero regardless of iron talon or the axe.

You can link to my post you know and say it directly to me, lil bitch

Too bad (really) you're not the only one umaruposting.
See: mark, another braindead faggot.

why the hostility? hes saying that posting umaru tends to make people with room temperature iqs vocally upset.

I'm the only umaru-poster in this thread. The only other one is the guy who posted the webm of Umaru being blown up, because, he obviously hates me and he hates Umaru

Because that's completely a thread-only thing.

Some big changes have happened. They are a bit polarizing and you should probably take a look yourself, because people are giving you some bad info.
e.g.:

Which gets balanced out by neutrals only spawning once every 2 minutes.

This isn't really a winning strategy, you don't see many junglers these days.

Well his shitpost seemed like an indirect attack on my shitposting, so, I had to respond you know? Plus I hate passive aggressiveness… But mainly I'm just an ass, user.

It's not deep or philosophical, I know, and I am sorry.

The context of your post doesn't exactly implicate umaru-posting in every conceivable place it could ever be, user. Your post is more strung up like a passive aggressive indirect attack, and that makes you a little bitch.

Too bad it does for anyone who has been on this site for more than a week.

There's that passive aggressiveness. If someone came up to you and forced you onto your knees; you would probably turn into a faggot then and there.

So now that I'm brain-dead, and a newfag; what's the next part of your master plan, user?

Sounds like something you know from experience.

No, i'm a russian shitposter

Nah I'm not passive aggressive like yourself, user. I am always confrontational and upfront, unlike, some Jews and niggers I know (You). So in this situation I'd not be doing any dick sucking, because, I'm not a weak faggot.

My favorite kind of shitposter.

сука блять, user

You sure? You post about sucking dick a lot. Maybe it's time to come out?

I'm absolutely certain, user.

I was implying that you'd be sucking my dick since you are a faggot. Which because I've got a degree in armchair Jewish psychology; I've determined your personality is weak little bitch from your first post.

Don't you have flat-posting to be doing somewhere?

Projecting AGAIN I see. I have no idea what flat-posting is but since you obviously know it must be some degenerate shit for low T fags.

Listen my trips outperform your dubs even if they're Hitler dubs. You're a faggot and you cannot escape this.

Damage control if I ever seen it.
They added almost 1.5x as many creeps to and doubled the ancient camps

B.S. Maybe not at pro level tournaments which means fuck all because no one here will be at that level, but in pubs there is a jungler almost every fucking game. Maybe you haven't noticed, but I actually know this for sure because I always pick Chen and fuck with the enemy Jungler because it effectively deletes someone from the game.

I'm pretty sure Meepo is a decent jungler once he gets his first clone,with poof clearing or nearly clearing out weaker camps with no issue.Solo Meepo will still have some difficulties but it is managable,if inefficient, with a proper amount of healing items and only going after weaker camps and healing often.

Then again the issue with jungling with most heroes is that it's a worse alternative to proper laning and should only be used as a last resort after getting fucked in lane unless it's Enigmer,Chin or Lone Dood.

I'm still in the skill level where the 2-1-2 is the fucking standard.Fucking kil me

Anyway,ancient camps are some of the harder creep camps and if you can farm ancients reliably that means you're either Bristleback,,been fed like hell or been in the jungle a much longer ass time than you should be.Sure there's the shrine but it's usually a waste to use it for just ancient creeps when it could be used to help/heal the mid/rest of the team as well.

There's also the fact that the distance between the runes is fuck huge for junglers and only a viable alternative/additive to farming for roamers.

Usually about 30 mins,60+ mins if there's Techies.90+ if the Techies is a nigger.Sometimes it can be 20 mins you finish early,got 10+ min rax or a successful mid-early game deathball with pushing capabilities( a team with Eniggmer,Jakiro,Lycan,Leshrek,Ogre,BSDMaster and/or Luna for example)

Jesus fucking Christ the autism.