Persona General

Discuss anything Persona related from 1-5 and the side games.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/iIpF1
linkedin.com/in/molly-lee-34564066
tumblr.com/search/persona 5 confessions
archive.is/udacx
archive.fo/ksVlV
archive.is/M7cEN
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder that P5Crimson's FeMC needs to be a worthless gyaru slut, especially after the SJW clique's localization "problems".

muh translation

…You are held captive. A prisoner of fate to a future that has been sealed in advance. This is truly an unjust game… Your chances of winning are almost none. But if my voice is reaching you, there may yet be a possibility open to you… …I beg you. Please overcome this game… and save the world… The key to victory lies within the memories of your bonds—the truth that you and your friends grasped. It all began that day… when the game was started half a year ago… For the sake of your world's future… as well as your own… you must remember…

What does CIA's persona look like? Bane?

Why would you not just use one of the great P5 songs?

That First point is dumb. Shido wouldn't have any problems fucking over a teenage girl, hell he was in the middle of raping one when you interrupt him.. It's not like people would know. He clearly said that he wanted the police to hide his name in the game, so he wouldn't have to deal with any back lash for him suing a girl.

I'd agree partially with Kamoshida, though they could easily change it and do something like
I mean sure people might get triggered over him threating to rape you, but who cares? He's already practically a rapist and if anything would just give you a bigger drive to kick his ass.

Honestly the story stuff would be easy to change for FeMC. The real problem is changing a bunch of the social links, especially with 5 adding so many gameplay elements to the social links. Personally I'd like for it to happen, and would pay for dlc that added it but I don't have my hopes up. If they do though totes going for Yusuke as my husbando, but for the time being I'll be keeping kawakami as my waifu.

the cat is cute

What?

I didn't make it.

I know that, I'm saying he wouldn't be able to handle "a girl beat me up" as the reason. Even if he hid his name, the people he tries to impress and intimidate who would have to hide his name would still see that report and Shido wouldn't be able to handle them thinking that. Which is why the crime would have to be changed.

If Persona 5 Crimson has a female MC then the sjws would lose their shit since it would have a female character in some dark spots such as the PE trying something on her and no one believing her plus the rumors would be even more nasty since for the first while all you do is mainly hang with Ryuji people would think your banging and call you a whore who fucks the delinquent on the roof after school.

like this?

Not really, I'd only be a few people who knew the truth and since Shido has no problem killing people who get in his way the few who knew wouldn't say shit. I really don't think the MC being a girl would really change that situation.

I don't think you realize how few girls are accused of assault in Japan…

MC

Ryuji

Makoto

You have a drunk politician who can hide his name and throw his power and money at the situation and is scary enough that the few people who actually know who's suing the girl won't say anything because they're afraid Shido will kill them with his mind powers.

This isn't exactly a common scenario either.

archive.is/iIpF1

Mah nigga. If there was a femc option, I would either go for him or Ryuji.

The thing is, it's super easy to destroy a man's life under false pretenses. It being a girl raises way more eyebrows. Hell that's true in the real world even here.

If they ever make FeMC a thing, rank 10 with Yusuke better be him drawing her naked.

she's talking about shit like "you jelly" isn't she? 90% of the script is fine, there are awkward moments, but nothing that has made me have to re read it.

Yeah normally, but were talking about one of the most powerful people in the country who has both the police and the justice system on his side. Your a teen who's pretty much on your own, they make it even sound like your parents just kinda left you to rot.

The motorcycle is Johanna. Also i don't care what anyone says, the bike persona is the best npc persona and I fucking hate how you can't keep it when you hit rank 10. Then you get the dumb transformer version of the bike that looks dumb.

I feel like Mona gets too much shit, Teddie was such a worse side kick comic relief character. Mona was a huge step up from Teddie.

I support that idea 100%

All of the rank 10s look worse than the originals.

I will agree that Mona is leagues better than Teddie but dear lord they got ridiculously irritating after getting Futaba.

neither of them are particularly great. Mona doesn't fill his dialogue with assloads of puns but on the inverse side he doesn't ever leave you the fuck alone.

You can't do a fucking thing by your own volition, the faggot cat runs your whole life. It makes the evening sections redundant. In persona 3 if you went to tartarus it would just automatically skip to the next day but in persona 5 it plops you in your room and just fucking teases you since there's literally nothing you can do, thanks to that fucking cat.

So in a way the cat is actually more annoying than teddie since you get to dump teddies dumb ass by the time you get rise. But the cat will never leave you. The only respite you get is when you're banging floozys and that moment is fleeting. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Which one would you fuck?

You didn't get temperance 10 did you, that lets you use your evening even after you go into a palace/memeland

Yusuke spent a long time sketching you

The only decent looking one is Harus', but then again, I'm a sucker for sugar skull designs.

Granted Mona is an annoying little fuck especially when he ditches your group and that he constantly shits on Ryuji, but if anything, at least he doesn't cuck you on the summer festival unlike Teddie.

The teacher.

Someone said the special edition is getting another run. True?

If I had to choose from just those I'd have to be Makoto hands down. Ann is a slut, Futaba dresses like a teenage hooker and Haru is nonexistent.

You're also forgetting that ass

Holla Forums wants an actual female MC who is fully fleshed out and has depth who also fits in the plot of the game but is understanding on why one can't be in the game proper and are talking civilly on how one would work. While Sjws are super mad that they don't have one who they could use to attack jap culture and only want one so they can virtue signal about feminism and Holla Forums are some how sexist fucks.

This cake teacher

God damn it…I'm torn between my "interest" in the teaching profession and "sparring" with that ass.

Anne Takamaki is HAWT!

Go to bed Kamoshida.

At least I probably won't ever play anything she rewrote. What a shithead.

And put some clothes on…we don't want to see your pink speedo.

So, Atlus just registered all these domains. Thoughts?

Shorties are fun to fuck

Also since Burch was crying about Persona 5 someone made this amazing image.

Sounds like they are going to be making more Persona 5 related things.

Nothing is sacred anymore. and the only decent otome games are Tokimeki Memorial and Harvest Moon

Holy jesus

Yeah, I'm sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for this.

Anybody know what games this Molly Lee has translated and the quality of said translations? The article mentions that she did a visual novel that's not even out yet. Is that it? Is that the only game work she's done? To me this kind of seems like a type of extortion. Like she's trying to strong arm her way into the game's industry. "Gee Atlus, those are some nice games you're putting out. It would be a shame if me and my friends kept using our connections to gaming sites and shitting on your translations until you bend the knee and hire us."

I've never seen game journalists make such a concentrated attack on a game's translation in recent memory.

Now which ones will become something and which ones are just Atlus covering their bases for shit they might do down the road?

You made a compelling argument, user.

An address like that must be in high demand.

Man, this MC is low energy as fuck. Does one thing in the entire day and when night comes, is too beaten to do anything but sleep. Relatable.

I'm already paying a fine on a DVD because the entirety of damn Golden Week is on-rails. Apparently, dropping a DVD on the way to pawn off a medal is too much of a detour.

Shadow Sae because she looks like she won't say no to anything. Gonna use about 3 rubbers though 'cause the bitch looks poisonous.

Stalker-chan is the best girl anyway.

Is this her?
linkedin.com/in/molly-lee-34564066

Yeah, made that mistake too. Oh well, at least they put the effort to voice the movies and dvds.

Pretty sure they already had Persona 6 and 7 registered, and are just covering their asses so hey don't have to deal with any squatters in the future. I'm hoping the next game is an all-encompassing Persona rhythm game. All the major characters and songs from Persona 1-5 involved. That would be fucking great, and would probably get the general fanbase interested in the older games which would drive up sales for remakes. A definitive version of Persona 3 is pretty much due. It'd be a good decision all around.

Subtitling them was too much of a hassle though. (Playing in JP.)

What? This is the most animated MC since P3P FeMC. He's got lot's of sarcastic remarks. The past two games hardly ever let you make fun of your teammates, they let you shit on them pretty hard at times now. Also he's got the best shit eating grin.

And he has that coolness that is lost to JRPG protags now. All he's missing is a shrug and had an option to say let's mosey, and I'm a happy camper.

They're just covering their asses before a domain squatter gets them like that faggot who bought Origin.com and sat on it for ages.

Anyway.

Can anyone explain why we suddenly unanimously support Goro's choices and decisions?
I won't even be suprised if he betrays me later because I want to steal Sae's heart NOW and this cocky cuck is telling me to wait for two days till the deadline. You don't even get a pop-up that shows the MC choice this time around. It's WE LOVE GORO-KUNS COCK.

All that bullshit about catching her off guard I know how to take her off guard? Slip a calling card into the toliet while she's taking a shit. That's how you catch her off fucking guard.

Niggers. Is this their first SMT guide? Fuck. At this point in the game I only have Haru, Yusuke, Futaba and GET SMOKED left.
I knocked Mishima out during Summer Vacation.
I shiggy the diggy.

Walking around at night while this music plays is one of the best parts of the game.

Trust me Satan, there's a reason for it.

Sounds something out of a film noir…and I like it.

It makes sense later, you'll see.

That's part of the plot, Satan. Everything will be explained later.

Akechi did nothing wrong

I'm just bitching about these days where he can't seem to get anything done. Character himself is pretty cool though for someone who had a spirit of rebellion awakened, he sure gets bossed around a lot.

All the music in the game is great but Beneath the Mask is definitely the best followed by Rivers in the Desert.

I wanna pump that thing full of my nut

I really liked the credits music.

Leave.

Just nuke this fucking country already.

"Joker, we need to infiltrate the Palace and steal the Treasure!"
"Screw you, I'm the boss and I'm gonna camp all day on the gun shop listening to this ridiculously catchy tune."

Feels good

Alright. Thanks. Guess I'll dick around in Mementos until the 17th. I've already fused Trumpeter and I'm dissapointed he doesn't get anything special this time around. He's still TOOT TOOT you're dead with his stat spread.
I'm gonna get Megiodloan spammed by a boss because of this fuck and I won't care.

Would you kiss Morgana this is important

I got that as well. The bag, artbook and plushie are pretty nice quality, but the soundtrack CD is pretty much shit. It isn't even close to half of the full soundtrack, and is missing many of the best songs.

Shit does anyone have the Akechi theory post from the threads in the fall?

…You're asking that user if he would kiss a pussy…cat?

Of course

Oh damn it is? I haven't actually opened the CD yet. That's pretty lame.

Yup, only 19 tracks, all songs from the beginning of the game to about mid-Kamoshida's castle. It's disappointing.

At least the CD works, unlike Strange Journey

Don't open the CD. Scalp that shit later.

**mega:#!woxinIDJ!YZKInzIkJvIU3bnNJ_NpmpOfqAdQhnZNF0B57rx_YcE

mega:#!85g0XTjZ!WDdvhtjiDD43m3RW1LMRKOV7fOq1EU0SC_0VXHlk5Y8

mega:#!U1BiXT7C!j6WCQ1qCif-k_DYjyVpCyeqqMY_MfYLgiZlwmGM5SNI

For your musical pleasure.

GET FUCKING SMOKED

GET FUCKING SMOKED

Only two dungeons require more than one day to complete (barring calling card of course). If you don't reach the calling card point of the dungeon in a single day you're doing it wrong. I'd say the castle is really the only time this is difficult.

Good luck to the anons who pick a fight with these two only tip I can give you anons is this

I missed my chance on preordering that version, but at that time I was a bit weary on the localization thing on P5. Thankfully amazon didn't run out of the steelbook edition, and I preordered that a week before the release.

GET FUCKING SMOKED!

Are they harder than Elizabeth?

After days of grinding I just decided to say fuck it and try to challenge Caroline and Justine on easy with level 78 MC and all the others around level 74 and I still can't beat them. Got as far as 30 turns, K.O.'d Justine and got Caroline's heath pretty low but then Caroline revives Justine, pulls out Shiva and team attacks my party. I guess 30 turns is the limit. Toughest goddamn Velvet Room attendant boss fight ever.

GET FUCKING SMOKED!

I'm trying to but I'll end up doing things at my pace and fuck it all up. Not even in P4 with its supposedly lax schedule did I manage to max all S. Links (always neglected Temperance).

Just finished 5/5. The story's not very subtle with the "shitty adults" narrative. Seems Ryuji follows the Kanji tradition of the token dumbass saying the more profound things.

Pass me the Evoker, fam.

I got all the confidants to 10 in this without a guide. That said I did no some tips, like getting Temperance to 10 and Fortune 7 as fast as possible and it was literally the last day of the game that I maxed my last one.

BITCHES AND WHORES

lol
tumblr.com/search/persona 5 confessions

Yes holy shit these two are fucking hard.

They really don't fuck around in this fuck the reaper was easier they are a time limit boss you need to beat them after a certain amount of turns or they'll fucking rape you.

It's even funnier when you do Story Mode Mementos and Palace visits after you unlock the massage.

In my opinion.
1st. Temperance and Moon.
2nd. Hanged, Death, Fortune.
3rd. Sun, Star , Strength.

The revive ability and extra EXP are godsends.
Then the ability to get more money, which you can then use to buy dirt cheap weapons and buy affinity towards other cahracters.

Sun rarely triggers but when it does, it's sweet. I think it's bugged.
Star is great just incase you get caught by those fuckers that suddenly appear out of nowhere.
Strength, well. Yeah. Fusing level 60s, 70s, 80s for only the price of 100,000 is a fucking steal when you're swimming in cash.

Much like the Justice and Temperance Shadow fight in Persona 3, you need to defeat both Caroline and Justine in the same turn. If you don't, then the other one revives the other, and the other one will immediately use their Fuck You attack and kill you. Much like the fights against Elizabeth in P3, Theo in P3P, and Margret in P4, they fully restore themselves after a set amount of damage. Unlike their siblings who cast Diaharon at 50% health once, Caroline and Justine cast it at 30% once. In terms of difficulty, I would say they are easier than Elizabeth. At least you can exploit Baton Pass in P5, and its not like Yukari or Mitsuru are very smart in P3 or P3FES. I would go as far to say the fight against Caroline and Justine is easier than the fight against Elizabeth in P3P, where you could abuse skill cards and control your party members directly.

Thanks a ton for those user.

To any anons who want to make oc

I could have sworn Elizabeth was easier than this but It has been a long time since I've played P3.

It all depends on what you do. If you cheese Elizabeth with her pattern, the fight is easier but can last over 30 minutes of constantly changing to Personas with resist skills and whittling down her health. Remember, you can only take Door-kun to fight her. This isn't the Margret fight in P4 or P3P, where you could take more than yourself to the fight. Theo is a similar fight in P3P, with different Personas, but you could buff your personas with skill cards that can be easily duplicated at the shrine. It does not help that in P5, the enemy health meter is confusion to decipher how much damage you have done.

So how is emulation for 4? I had to jump through a shit load of hoops to get the Ace Combat holy trinity working, so I need to know before I try with Persona 4.

Persona 5 emulation when?

I played through the entirety of 4 on an emulator. It slowed down to a crawl when anything especially metallic was on screen though. Made some fights unbearable.

Yeah that was it. Now I remember I did have a hard time with Elizabeth until I read a guide on how to exploit her patterns. Still Justine and Caroline takes more grinding to get to an adequate level than I remember for Elizabeth.

Some people get shit speeds, others get laggy music/ no music/ no voices.

If you're using the physical disc and have a decent CD drive you'll have a pretty good time until the music studders repeatedly.

Just try your luck.

I'm sorry fellas, but this is objectively the best theme in the ENTIRE game!

Pirate it, you fucking IDIOT.

Meant to say maid.
Fuck it.

You meant, "her", right, user? :^)

why would you use such a stale may may?

Ryuji is by far the worst character, he's an idiot full of himself that ruins everything constantly.

Yeah. 2D does not translate well into 3D.
You're jerking to a cartoon.

That's what I love about him

Who here actually uses the default personas for the whole game now that atlus decided to put a stop to that stupid shit from P3 and P4 where you couldn't get shit like Skill Cards to keep shit up to date

All of the default personas never need to actually be changed in Persona 2 until you can get the Ultimates (either one) since they all have skills that mesh well for the whole game (using the combo spells) if you level them up.
Orpheus from P3 has a dank ass magic stat growth in a game where magic spells are the end all be all, in P3P you can give him all your skill cards (which includes shit like Salvation) and take advantage of his Fool arcana to pass those skills onto another arcana, then pass them to a Death Arcana to give to Thanatos (which you can also use to pass on stuff like Panta Rhei since his fusion is an entire arcana list) or pass them onto Messiah.

Izanagi has an insane strength growth making him perfect for skills like Brave Blade and Power Charge, and in the Golden version that has the awesome skill card compendium, literally no persona is useless.

In persona 5, you can sacrifice personas to power up one persona and give them skills. You can of course do this to Arsene and you fucking should since one really strong persona is more useful then one that can attack every element, and you'll have other personas with all the other elements anyway so why the fuck wouldn't you power one up and keep it?

Why the fuck aren't you using the cool as fuck defaults. I know kaneko's work is cool, but why the fuck would you throw away a unique thing like that when it's thematically cool and shit, just because it's your starter that is supposed to be powered up due to the fact that it always has better stat growths?

Currently on the fifth palace and holy shit it blows.

Mainly use the default and switch it up at times depending on what I'm fighting and also anyone have the adachi theory?

I wouldn't say that. He's leagues better than Yosuke, and the worst character by far is pic related.

Unless I'm mistaken, Iwai (Hanged Man) requires Lv3 Guts to start.

Not funny, man. I hope your waifu gets voiced by Burch. Yeah, I said it. No take-backsies. :^)

I think the Bank is worse than the 5th.

Though…the worst one overall is the 7th, because holy shit that one goes on too long.

Jokes on you
I fucked Burch

Level 4, actually.

The bank was fucking retarded. Lost hours of progress because of it's shitty layout. I'm just having a tough time, probably because I'm underleveled and too lazy to grind money in Mementos.

The best way to grind money is to craft a persona built around confusion with high luck and then use that persona against a mementos boss. A lot of them are weak to confuse and you can easily make hundreds of thousands of yen a turn if your luck is high enough. You'll hit the cap in no time. Just make sure you go into the fight alone. Having to have your teammates guard over and over is extremely irritating.

What the fuck? It wears a mask, invades a castle and kills its ruler, you couldn't make it fit any harder if you tried.

But there is absolutely nothing going on for him as a character, he has no good traits whatsoever and he isn't likeable at all in the story bits. You can't sympathize with someone who only sucks, let someone else fuck up, please. Hell, all the plot suffers a lot (and its not even good to begin with) since it relies on him being a fuck up.

Yusuke at his worst is an afterthought, I find him way more entertaining than most of the cast anyway.

Also you can ignore Mishima's social link. I know about how useful it is, but hell, its something. Ryuji is shoved in your face for the whole game from start to finish.

>tfw Makoto will never ride you like a motorcycle

He's loyal and a good friend. He's by the best "best friend" character in any of these games so far. Junpei was annoying as shit with his cliched "WHY AM I NOT THE LEADER" and horrible fucking romance with that annoyting goth lolita bitch, and Yosuke just never had much personality.

was a total faggot

Wasn't referring to him, but I did enjoy him along with his seiyuu throughout the game so far, and he kinda surprised me.

Same goes for Yosuke from P4, but unlike him, Ryuji is a good bro.

He does if you go through his social link.

Well one of the characters have to be the unfortunate joke character of the group. It's not only him that isn't likeable within the story bits, Morgana is another one and you have to waste a few days just to get his sorry ass back into your team.

MAN I REALLY HATE THOSE GUYS MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE

Goro could have been a really good antagonist with a real point, instead he was a petty, insecure faggot who lost because of pancakes.

and done

So I guess now I get to grind 2-3 hours until someone learns void sleep or void lightning, huh. Why do these games have a good reputation again?

It's your fault for not giving the dude who was weak to lightning the spell that fucking voids lightning

why the fuck did you give support skills to heat he's a fucking brawler

This is amazing

damn it, beat me too it.

The Digital Devil Sagas seem to have the best party customization with that skill grid system, but are the worst with actually keeping your team together. It's even worse in the second one.

I couldn't give the guy who was weak to lightning void lightning, he's been in my party for one fight. Even if he'd come with a devour skill, which he didn't, it would have been physically impossible for him to have acquired void lightning by this battle unless I just sat and grinded out points in the single room between where I got Gale forced on me and when this fight happens. Heat was getting it just to round out the party and because it was cheap as shit.

Moot point though, since on attempt 2 I just got like three or four crits in a row off random attacks and wiped the encounter with the kelpies only getting to attack twice, because that's good game balance I guess.

His downfall was because of pancakes.

Been ages since I've heard or seen that show. It's a bit of a shame that P5 didn't reference or have similarities to Monster.

So Persona 5 is basically Jojo 5 right?

archive.is/udacx
Guess who joined the mayhem, fellas?!

This is actually getting super fucking suspicious.

Want some pancakes Akechi?

Yeah, those traits almost every friendly character in the franchise has. Also so good of a friend he is he drove Morgana out of team (who is also to blame in that part of the plot. That whole section of the game is specially awful).

What's a "Good bro" supposed to mean? You mean he helps you in the game? or that he has your back? Yosuke does the same in P4 and he's awful too. Junpei, Yosuke and Ryuji are unbearable characters.

Hell Ryuji is the result of combining all Yosuke and Kanji's bad traits into one character.

Morgana is an annoying piece of shit too. I think people ended up picking a side between the two since they can't stop insulting each other.

No, he doesn't have to. Let everyone look like an idiot every now and then, its better that way.

archive.is/udacx

But wait, there's more!

The article's real link here is here. Sorry for not posting the correct one earlier.

archive.fo/ksVlV

stop

spacing

every

single

fucking

sentence

Jesus they need to be gassed.

I liked her a lot more than I expected. I actually felt bad when I put her in the cuck corner.

Are people speaking up against these garbage articles? God forbid we get a translation that isn't memed up and injected with political messages.

Kanji was the broest of bros. Single-handedly ascended ass renovating into a art form.
Seriously, at points Kanji felt more MC than the MC. Every character but Chie interacts a lot with him.

But anyway, P5: The Crimson will add a new bestie - Shidou :^)

Why don't they just say what's really bothering them about this localization?
Funny how this wasn't an issue with every game their butt buddies dug their pozzed claws into.

I feel like Persona 5's localization should be discussed in some aspect, it does feel kind of rushed with how many grammatical errors it has on top of having a few odd bugs that can be directly tied to the localization as swapping the text like that can cause unexplained bugs, like for example, in Ninja Gaiden 3 NES in America you took 3 damage from everything, that was a bug due to the localization.

The problem is mostly the people the complaints are coming from and any real potential discussion is just getting drowned out.

She honestly is one of the easiest ones to friendzone because the romantic moment isn't her basically asking "Do you like me?" This was actually true of Rise too. Maybe it's a Lovers tradition, at this point, ironic as that would be. Makoto is also pretty easy to turn down because again she isn't really asking you at the time. Haru guilts you about it by far the most.

They're probably gonna do a remake of Persona 3 and then 4. Maybe 1 and 2 afterwards if fans demand it enough(hey, we got JP audio for 5, anything can happen at this point). I don't even want to stop them. Persona 3's tone gets fucked by the chibi graphics(And the mechanics of 3 and 4 to a slight extent are out of date and need.

One of them doesn't :^)

They noticed that we don't like their localizations, so they're bashing localizations to appeal to the "not them" crowd in order to trick people, which doesn't work.

An attempt was made on my part. Thank you for the template

Can these people hang themselves?

They are really fucking anal about the fact that they weren't allowed to (((localize))) the game the way they wanted to. God forbid we get a localized game that is faithful to what the creators intended the game to be and gives people outside of Japan a look into the culture and learn from it. Why do I get the feeling that we're going to be seeing similar articles when Ys 8 comes out and no one buys it due to it being localized by NISA, where they blame people for not accepting their way of localizing games.

It worries me that they might bully Atlus to make a patch to fix the translations

Helping his track team despite the fact they hate his guts, and if it weren't for him, they would still have to face shit with another PE teacher that's equivalent to Kamoshida.

I disagree, the two have redeeming qualities and have shitty backgrounds that justify some of their characteristics. Yosuke on the other hand has none.

I agree, but the writing for the game is already set in stone. You can't change it, and you either play it or you don't.

Here anons get fucking smoked!

You think these retards would learn.

Ryuji has a painful history and a crippling injury that was inflicted upon him by one of the game's antagonists. Already more interesting than Yosuke. Whiny first-world faggot who's only real problem is that a girl he had a crush on died. Wow.

If they couldn't be bullied into giving us dual audio for any of the main persona games until 5 (despite it being added as an optional free DLC), with the only persona games that did have dual audio were P4A and P4AU (and even then the dual audio was only for the actual fights. Most of the audio in both games were still forced to have English audio only), I can't see it happening, but I've been proven wrong before (I just hope I'm not proven wrong this time).

I really hope they don't buckle down.

Not to mention, that said girl hates his guts, and the whole tent scene with him getting wigged out by Kanji was bullshit. Just let him sleep in the tent.

I'd definitely be down for a definitive Persona 3 remake. Bring it to the new engine, give full party control, have access to all of the social links, have Aigis be a real romance option, possibly make FemC canon, and work The Answer into the story itself instead of being a separate thing.

Okay, he's a good bro, you're right. But my issues with him are his personality, the way he acts in the main story and how his shitty behavior only exists to move the plot forward.

The fact he doesn't have the chance to deliver the final blow to him pissed me off.

I don't understand the translation is already full of stupid fucking memes what more do they want?

More virtue signaling.

I always poke fun that he's Akihiko's wimpier cousin.

Something to complain about, user. It's their raison d'etre; without it, they'd wither into dust.

And what's this Persona 5 Crimson thing I've seen mentioned? Some sort of DLC?

>games turns her from a neet into an adorable sperg

I'm not sure how I feel about it. Futaba best waifu though.

Also, P4's 'You've maxed the S-Link!' music shits all over P5's.

Nah, it doesn't work with Sojiro. He needs to be in his hat, made him look like Jigen from Lupin III.

I'm doing some of Mr GET SMOKED aka Goro

If there's any consolation, choosing Ryuji to knock off Kamoshida's crown can be considered the final blow, and he does call out on Kamoshida as he climbs up the booty statue.

Are you, me?

Is it just me or does Goro looked like Light Yagami?

A little.

It also doesn't help that the game uses the 'mysterious heart attack' murder method.

I don't know, are you?

Yusuke had the best Persona awakening aside from MC and Ryuji

I have yet to find Hifumi in my second playthrough (just up to Makoto's part) but there are really only two girls in this game that bring about a genuine heart reaction from me: Sadayo and Ann.

I always liked Lisa and Ann is Lisa but…you know…without the drugs and guilty whoring (P5 was basically P2-lite for plebs in a lot of areas).

Kawakami is absolutely everything you want in a woman, but you can only hang out with her at night. No movies, no open areas, and VERY rarely do you go out on dates (at night). Also she was guilted into being a prostitute so there's that.

You rescue Ann from a rapist.
You rescue Sadayo from a life of horrible self-destruction.

Ann is adorable and kinda light-headed.
Sadayo is keen and genuinely likes calling you her master (and she gets disappointed if you don't tell her you want to see her in the maid outfit on valentine's).

Sadayo has a history but would make a great mother. However, she's a grown woman who acts younger than she is because - well that's realistic for women who have been through the emotional and physical meatgrinder.

Ann is ultra-pure (first kissu, no previous boyfriend, no hand-holding etc.) but she's going into modeling. That's ShindoL territory…

WHAT DO YOU DO?
The only option that doesn't hurt Mona's feelings in the long-run is anyone other than Ann.
However, Mona never turns into a human, he's perpetually a cat forever so he might as well get used to it.

The fact that this is not only true but factually accurate shows how much of a trainwreck the latter half of this game's story is, especially regarding Goro.

this got me good

I always chose who would look the coolest during those bits. Ryuji to knock off the crown, Yusuke to splatter the paint, Akechi to shoot the roulette, Yusuke to cut the Holy Grail's lifelines.

Well, I'd just go with older women as a preference..but Makoto's a good one too. Loved to "spar" with her.

I hope in P5 Crimson they fix the story I know my hopes are up high but a man can dream can't he?

The second half of P5 reminded me a lot of the original Dark Souls; great game until the Lordvessel, then it's clear they ran out of time / money and things went pear-shaped. (But you can, at least, see the echo of what they were intending.)

It'd be great if they made a director's cut or something that fixed these problems.

Like the complete absence of Wakaba's research having any plot relevance.

I fucking love Ihop

God damn.

Go for either Kawakami or Hifumi. May not fully like Mona, but wouldn't go so low by cucking him for pure Ann.

Shit, I missed my chance on that one, and it makes sense that he does that to Madarame. Gotta try that one on my second playthrough.

I just now finished Futaba's palace, so I only have Ann and Ryuji maxed. I was planning on going for Futaba, but I'm guessing you're going to end up ruining her at the end of the social link.

Reminds me of Adachi, he was also an insecure faggot that threw the announcer and saki into the TV, he couldn't even bring himself to kill them. His only moment of brilliance was the fact that he hid evidence and let himself be taken over by a god.

At least Goro had the balls to take people out and face the group head on after he fucked up.

Truly a just and hilarious end.

It fucking hit me and I'm a bit pissed but In a year or two will get the definitive version or P5 Crimson that'll fix a lot of the game's current problems and add new content we beta tested the game arguably.

What worries me more and is likely to happen is the minor press from this nothing argument is going to make japs buckle more to (((localization))) in the future.

As long as they didn't pull a P4 Golden for P5 Might be the only guy here who actually likes Teddie's old voice

I'm worried too.

Oh they will pull a p5 Crimson many of us here have been predicting this since the jap version of the game came out.

I mean, not pull Golden level terrible on the re-release, I mean. Maybe tighten up the voice acting a bit, add subs for Japanese Audio, better writing and maybe a bonus dungeon or 5. No Marie..period.

I read the best grill tier guide in this thread and what I want to know is who the the fuck the "dead girl" is, is it the fortune teller?

I wager 2 expanded editions like FES & P3P a fighting game and some other game, maybe another dungeon crawler like EO

I don't think Persona 5 get a definitive version, at least not until the PS5 is out.

Yes her voice actor in japan died.

That's one bet

It'll either be two years from now or when the ps5 comes out.

>Like the complete absence of Wakaba's research having any plot relevance.
Oh don't even get me started! It just hangs there like a fart in the air, barely being mentioned once at the last minute when the prosecutor (since when did prosecutor's get near-detective clearance and authority for anything? What is this, Pheonix Wright?) mentions
OH OKAY GLAD THIS WASN'T REMOTELY FLESHED OUT IN ANY WAY

I thought Shido would also be this ultra-nationalist figure but he barely was. He was just in it for his own power, not for the betterment of his country. It was pathetic how flat everything about him and the research fell, even his boss fight.

Speaking of, I thought they would have done more with Shido and her. I legitimately thought they made Shido bald so that they could hide the fact that he had orange/red hair.

Basically I thought Shido was the father of Futaba and Haru's fiancee (because no one else in the game has that hair color). I thought Haru's fiancee would be akechi's brother and that would be another twist, too, like how Shido basically raped Futaba's mom or something hence why she was a single-mother and Akechi was essentially another rape-baby or kid of a forgotten mistress.

But nope. Nothing came together, not even this.

WAIT
WAIT A MINUTE
How were they gonna use the metaverse to influence geopolitics when the ONLY ONE who could do such a thing was Akechi and only Shido really knew about him and his ability?
And since when did they develop that stupid miracle pill which collapses a person's mental palace? No one's even been there! It was all theoretical with barely any evidence until the Phantoms and MUH DADDY ISSUES showed up.

I have a headache.

Makoto is alright. I had enough detective romancing in P4. I like that she's such a newb detective, though. Her stalking is great.

I heard Hifumi is in the church at night and she's required to get Lucifer so I have to go for her anyway, but if she's remotely churchin' then I can dig romancing her.
Ann v. Sadayo is the real battle, though.
You make a good argument.

What? Dude he knowingly did that TO kill them, and he even tried to rape the teenager before it.
Meh. It's clear he was aligned with the god because he was a bitter nihilist because who knows what kind of trauma he went through as a youth. I remember an user making a story for it that made sense.
Yeah, by turning HIMSELF insane.
Not turning the group insane, but HIMSELF.

Ok anons if there is a P5 crismon what changes would you like to see or what changes might Atlus add?

archive.is/M7cEN

A decent translation
a way to shorten post fight credits
more personas
a better conversation system for demons
more costumes that aren't dlc
better difficulty that doesn't rely on "oh shit here's a crit chain now you're probably dead"
expanded dungeons. they all feel pretty straightforward

Yeah, she hangs around the chapel and one of the things she likes is green tea pudding from the underground mall.

Seeing that she's a gravure idol that's not allowed to date, and the priest of the church allows her to play shogi without people harassing her. She's pure.

Futaba rolls with it pretty good if you friendzone her. I mean she obviously likes you, but at least she doesn't go full depressive like Haru. Just kinda goes "Y-yeah…friends…" and moves on.

More scenes with the group hanging out instead of it all being about phantom thieves

More gay jokes

More potential interactions with lovers and dialogue options that sort of hint to the group that their an item.

Expanded storyline tying up shit that was left floating

Better Ark Dungeon

Maybe Cameos of previous Persona casts (Really want to see Naoto's MILF form)

More boss battles and dungeons

Complete change of English VA's and an actual decent translation.

Aikido training with Makoto

Redesign of evolved Personas for the group or at the very least do a third evolution like in P4G

-stop railroading me every other week
-follow up on ALL of the hanging threads (research, etc.)
-flesh out Goro at all (and preferably just change it. Just fix it. Do it.)
-flesh out Shido beyond "muh power fantasy"
-no more annoying dungeon time-wasters (like inputting numbers or that HORRIBLE "swap the orb" garbage from the pyramid level) but good puzzles or mazes (NOT the "everything is black dark" maze either, more Nocturne level)
-unlock the map/gameplay from the start instead of hiding most of it behind particular S.Links
-more time for the latter half of the game to be properly paced
-REMOVE EVERYTHING OF THE INTERROGATION CUT-INS THROUGHOUT THE GAME
It's so obvious this was an after-thought and it's implemented in the worst way, utterly destroying everything and spoiling every next boss-fight, party member, plot arc, etc. Not to mention the idea that the cops gave you a drug to get you to talk - but the drug makes you forget crucial information. That's not how that works. It's moronic.
-REMOVE EVERY SCENE WITH THE POLICE CHIEF
Again, it spoils absolutely everything that happens before the story gets the chance to do it. It's infuraiting how amateur this mystery plot is with how the "foreshadowing" is actually just scenes wholesale telling you who the villains are, what their next plan is, and then demanding the player play dumb and act surprised when the things those scenes said were gonna happen suddenly happen.
Player: Oh man, I sure do wonder what could possibly be going on here!

Basically just fix it. Fix it, Atlus.

And save transfers behind screw having to fight the lolis again and/or having to max out the right S.Links AND fusions to get Satanael. But that's not mandatory.

I'll train with her alright.

>she's a gravure idol
>not allowed to date
>the priest of the church allows her to play shogi without people harassing her.
>She's pure.
Every single aspect of your sentence contradicts itself. I'm curious how this makes sense. Maybe she's worth looking into.

Very good point. That prolonged shtick got real old real fast.
Are you stoned? You want MORE:
NO! NO I DO NOT NEED THIS

Unpopular opinion here, but I thought most of the VAs did a fine job. The weird pronunciations were mandated by Atlus Japan. That was pretty obvious because for all of the names except those really obvious ones it sounded fine. I thought in terms of actual performance some of them were even pretty good. I feel like Max Mittleman's got a good career ahead of him. I liked him as Ryuji, and he's pretty good in the Cold Steel games too. And I've always felt like Matt Mercer was basically Troy Baker, but not a prick.

Forgot to add in another tidbit. Basically she wants to be a Shogi player just like her dad, but her mom is basically exploiting her (making her do gravure shots and forbidding her to date) and making her into an idol.

My main problem with the story was the in-game spoilers and overall shitty storytelling.

>Show shadow Okumura getting killed, which makes waiting for the change of heart just waiting for disaster and making every Haru interaction awkward

Even the entire game up to the 6th palace was ingame spoiled. You knew you were going to get caught eventually from the very first moments.

Make it like Wild Arms 5, 10th Anniversary Edition.

They totally missed their chance there.

20th Anniversary Boss Rush.

One thing I really want but will never have?
If you name your MC Stanley Yelnats this plays shortly before the game really begins.

Oh wow. So it's almost like Futaba's friend's parents then?

I do like me a damsel in distress. Hey wait a sec
gravure idol being exploited but also a virgin?
That's almost like Ann and Sadayo's traits mixed together. It's the two best elements I like in one!
Sadayo is still best wife material overall, I'd imagine, but I'm fired up for this now.

My friend said he saw artwork of Hifumi and how she was originally intended to be another party member with a persona, hence why she looks so unique but is in school.
Instead we got Haru.

Does anyone like Haru? Most anons seem to be teeth-deep in MaidCake or else go for Makoto or Futaba.

Honestly, I don't really have a problem with the frame story in general. In fact, for the genre it actually works. Plenty of crime/thief thrillers use that kind of in medias res format. I didn't even really mind finding out from Sae who was getting targeted next ten minutes before you did in story because that's not really a surprise. How wow, some guy we've never heard of and has a portrait has a palace, what a shocker.

The only times I thought it was silly was I thought soem of the confidant explanations were a little dumb. Especially Fortune and Tower.

NO
I hated when they gave Raidou a voice and I refuse to listen to the VA work for Demi-fiend, Aleph and etc. for SMT4's travesty. I also can't stand P4's protag with voiced lines, either, hence another reason for me to avoid the fighting games.

This is a trend that needs to die. SMT and SMT-spinoff protagonists are silent for a reason. Keep them mute - emotive, but mute.

Gravure is a weird job in japan. It starts as young as 5 and they use the videos to market their children to companies and make them into commerical children and shit. Her mother made sure she was pure because "Pure genius Shogi waifu…in a bikini while playing shogi at the beach" is enough to give the most asexual of nerds boners.

Futaba's friend was more into the "This shit looks illegal, but as long as we can't see her naughty bits, it's legal " level of junion- idol gravure model.

The wikipedia page on the topic pretty much does a good job on how triggering that topic is for westerners.

That's true, and it's unfortunate that she got cut out and was turned into a confidant. I think she would be great to have in the team, and I wouldn't mind beating the crap out of the mom in a serious boss fight you do get to fight her mom in mementos.

I find her cute especially her being a gardener, but I didn't get that far into her social link.

Oh no you don't. You don't get to sweep that under the rug. No one cares about your feelings; the story is presented as a mystery plot (hence why they use the "drug" excuse to create a plot twist and more) and EVERY SINGLE TURN they ruin the mystery.

This is Kojima MGSV-teir self-destruction of a narrative and it's atrociously hack.

Not to mention pointless and just makes everything anticlimactic.

Oh, but don't forget the police chief and principal scenes where you learn that
But then in the latter half of the game SURPRISE! All that stuff we already conveyed to you? Act surprised that it's being revealed now. No-no but act surprised please. It was a good twist wasn't it? That's why we telegraphed it FROM THE FIRST STORY ARC OF THE GAME

Absolutely no excuse. It's egregious and pathetic writing.

This describes a lot of the romances. In fact, every non-party one. Hifumi is being exploited by her mom, but cake teacher is being blackmailed, fortune teller girl is basically under the thumb of a cult-based racket, Goth Doctor is being threatened with her medical license being taken away, Journalist girl is being worked to death to keep her from investigating her friend's case. All of them need help. And Futaba needs you to help her function in society.

You save her from her shitty arranged marriage. In terms of character though, Haru joins too late to make an impression. She basically joins and after she does the plot hits so hard it never has the time to be about her. And because she's basically a non-essential member of the group, she just kinda blends into the background.

Naoto joined late too, but because Naoto had already been established and became the primary speaking member of the group after she joins, it never feels off. But because Makoto basically has the Naoto role this time around, Haru joins late and just…doesn't really do anything. The game could definitely do with more events to let her assert her personality more, but…she doesn't really have much of that either. She's nice and sweet, rich, soft spoken, likes gardening and likes coffee. That's about all there is to Haru.

They can still be silent.
Demifiend was silent when he raped your shit in Digital Devil Saga. Example.

This video also reminds me.
I miss press turns.

The main mysteries of the frame story are: who betrayed you, how did you get caught. Your targets are not the mysteries, because the targets would have been obvious the second they showed up in the story even if you weren't told. The answer to the first mystery of the frame story is super easy to figure out, but not told to you during the frame story. The answer to the second mystery is actually the best part about the frame story: you were right where you wanted to be.

I think Haru and Ann are the only ones who are noticeably distressed when you reject them. It is especially bad in Haru's case, I felt sorry for her even though I don't really like her.

I liked that one. That's the best example, really.

Excellent points all around, mate, especially here. Why did they even have Haru if they didn't want to do anything with her? Just to give you some closer link to the whole BBB scenario?

Except you never would have known what Madarame's villainy was, you would not have known when the Casino was coming, etc. Again, like it all you want but it's indefensible. And again, that's only talking about the interrogation cut ins (which were infuriating to deal with EVERY SINGLE TIME you started a new S.Link or hit a new benchmark in the story), not even broaching the even more egregious police chief scenes, not to mention that, if this is all taking place as the protagonist telling Sae what he remembers-
How does he remember any of the scenes where he was not there?

As I said, the framing of the story was an obvious after-thought because somewhere along the line they came up with the idea of trying to rip-off the twist from one of the earliest Arsene Lupin works, only instead of having the player be in on the twist, set it up, and watch the characters gawk as he pulls it off they had to make a disconnect between the player and player-character to make it a surprised for the player as well, which disassociates the player from the story they are meant to be roleplaying in. It's just that much more stupid.

And I am certain the ONLY reason they did this hackneyed framing was for that particular twist, too. There is no other reason for it. It only detracts from the overall narrative and exists solely to set up that one twist, the only twist they didn't telegraph from the beginning of the game.

Really, I felt like she was easy to say no to. Most of the girls ask you a super leading question. Ann doesn't. There's kind of a point where it feels like maybe she might of hoped for something else, but I think the only character who rolls with it better is Makoto. Futaba definitely stutters, Chiyaha does too. Tae literally says she can take a hint.

I think he's just giving her the basics…at least I don't think he's describing everything he does.

"And then I fucked your sister."

Now I kind of wish that had happened.

Why do you always cuck me on grills I really like Atlus.

For Ann, I wanted to say I'm here for her because her best and only friend, Shiho, has to move away and she was pretty heartbroken because of it, but choosing that option leads to the romance route, and had no intention of romancing her. As for Haru, I can see why she would take it hard since comparing to her fiancee, you were basically her knight in shining armor, and looking back at it I might romance her in a third playthrough.

Comparing to the romance options with P4, at least in P5 it doesn't guilt trip you and the girls actually move on and understand that you're not interested.

Ann's tone of voice and body language seemed like she was hurting to me. Chihaya was more like oh okay then. Tae could have been taken as sarcasm as she didn't seem to be to affected. Haru's rejection was the worst though that one really made me feel bad.

That sounds like something the real Lupin would say during an interrogation, but with more class.

Oh, well, I guess that's fine and all, but I was saying I want to romance the retarded girl and I was afraid I'd have to completely ruin who she is to do it, because romanticizing the NEET thing is a real problem in Japan.

user are you serious? It's clear they designed P5 to almost encourage you to double-dip on the girls considering how almost all of them lean heavily into romantic inclinations and sadness when you turn them down.

It's on purpose, I think. They thought the bad Valentine's day surprise was funny and set it up so that an unsuspecting player would get it on their first go.

Also this.

I really want a Persona-style Arsene Lupin game, now.

Fuck yes, I wish this would happen. I know it won't though.

Heaven help you if point this on gamefaqs or plebeddit.
The game can't decide if it has an godly third person narrator or a regular first person narrator recounting events he was a part of. You can't have a first person narrator know all the fucking events guys- - unless he's lying. :^)

I know that shit is there for the player's benefit and you're supposed to suspend your disbelief but damn it kills all the surprise.
As a person who completes palaces in 2~3 days, except when forced out for story reasons tops, it was kinda stupid to wait two weeks for hurr durr Okamura Spoiler to occur after that little display.

This MC lucked out. He has access to the easiest girls in history. One that isn't even budding yet , FOUR pure, three cakes and one questionable, the reporter is iffy at the most.
Hentai artists have such a large pool to work from.

Futaba entire link is about trying to get her over her agoraphobia.

Didn't really see that from most of the girls aside from Haru's rejection. For P4, some of the girls end up crying if you flat out reject them, but in P5, they might be a little disappointed but they understand.

I actually got a copy of Arsene Lupin, Gentleman-Burglar today, which I was going to start reading on my breaks. The fifth short story is "The Queen's Necklace", which made me smirk a bit.

My only guess is that Haru exists because they needed/wanted a character in the party with Psio.

Only one, the Sun, and she's pretty terrible.

Nah, man, P5's Sun is great. My friends all called him /ourguy/.

OH I FORGOT ABOUT THIS
Oh man! I was in the same position. I could not fathom why they shot themselves in the foot like that. It made no sense!

But that's the kind of thing I'm talking about. All of that, the framing and the police chief scenes need to go.

For some reason they are mostly obsessed with pairing Ann with Kamoshida. Hentai artists are by and large cuckolds I think, because NTR is far too prevalent.

Psio and a gun-based attack, yeah. That might be true, and its really pathetic if it is.

Nicely done. I'm thinking about getting into them myself.

I still have to do his confidant link

You want him to lose his good reputation again? Because that's a good way to do it.

But you don't make her "normal", right? I mean, I can deal with that, because it's the same shit I deal with every day, y'know, functioning around people, even though I'd rather be locked away with video games and books.

You make it so she can walk through a store without breaking down. She still very much likes to sit in her room and she still much prefers it if the protagonist is around. She calls him her "key item."

No-Good Tora is too good for you.

I dunno, collective unconcious or some shit

The 5th one has restored my faith in his series. How is that even possible? I bought six copies to give to my posse of kool kids.

Does anyone know how the critical hit mechanics work? I almost never see one. I mean like 20 hours into the game and can count the times I've seen a non-weakness critical hit on a physical attack on one hand. I just got a high-crit chance sword for Mona, and I'm still getting nothing.

Is this FF8? Am I supposed to be doing something to get crits? Do I know about timed hits?

Crits are random. Check the accuracy of your weapons, lower accuracy weapons for some reason hit for crit more– but relying on crits will get you killed. Also use Techincals, won't down the enemy but will kill them faster.
Frozen / Burn - > Wind Attack or Nuke Attack
Confuse/Brainwash-> Psi attack
Sleep then deathbound.

Wage War + Reflect Phys is broken and it's pretty much auto gameover if you get hit by it.

I think you're just unlucky. I got random crits all the time, usually with guns.

That's a huge relief. Thank you.

I just finished up my work for the night and I was about to start reading. You shouldn't really trust the opinions of anonymous posters on an image board, but I'll report back later.

I think it's actually pretty possible, Atlus did have that survey recently. We just need to have faith.

No it isn't. Are you stupid?

What was the story with the doujin this was taken from again?

I just finished the second short story, and I'm really enjoying it. If you like Lupin III, you'll probably like Arsene Lupin, which really shouldn't be that surprising to anyone.

Does this mean Brotagonist from P4 is more inline with Lupin than P5?

ravioli ravioli don't fuck the velvet lolis

But I wanna.

you forgot one

i was thinking about a grand finale for the entire persona series implying they would end it.

So it would be the revival of p3mc, and the darkness or whatever he was trying to keep in would be fought by all 6 persona protags, using persona 5's combat, and they could all switch personas.
And the final boss would be essentally a boss rush of the final bosses from all previous persona games, plus the new big bad to end all big bads. And the music would be somekind of combination of all the persona game's normal battle and final boss music plus whatever special tracks would sound good in it.
i might have autism

The brotagonist is sort of a blank slate, like usual, with some cheeky responses and what have you. Yusuke, the guy who has Ishikawa Goemon as a persona, is a lot like Goemon from Lupin III. Ryuji isn't too much like Jigen, and Ann isn't too much like Fujika, but that's 'cause your party is literally retarded teenagers. There are just flavors of the characters in there.

I will give them a lot of points for slowly dwindling down the party slasher movie style.

I think that might be a Persona 2: EP reference. Tatsuzou and all that.

It's Polygon. What the fuck do you expect from those retards.

Seriously fuck FeMC, she was a rushed piece of shit that actively ruined the story for nearly every character around her.

The cluster-bombing from SJeWs during the past few weeks really makes me upset. Would it be helpful if we started an emailing campaign to show Atlus that they did nothing wrong with the Translation and that they should not listen to "journalists"? Something similar to gamergate email campaigns.

B2T:
I am sure many of you have already completed their first run and I wanted to ask you guys what you would do different to make this game perfect in your oppinion. Here are some thoughts I accumulated during the past few weeks:

story-wise

gameplay-wise

character-wise

t. Hifumi-fag

I did not even notice Haru at the beginning because she was introduced to late and from then on the story felt really rushed and you never have time to hang out with her. I did meet her a few times and she was very adorable and I regretted not having more time.

It does not. Hifumi has a very good relationship with her father and she opens up to you pretty quick and confesses that she detests all the idol crap and that she is uncomfortable about doing it. She only does it to support her family financially because after her father got sick, her mother had to quit her well-paid job to be able to care for him. At first Hifumi wanted to be successful so her family can live without financial troubles but as her confidant plot progresses she reveals that she cannot take it anymore and wants to quit everything after finding out her mother was manipulating her all the time. Then you go to mementos to deal with her mother and change her heart.
After I reached rank 10 and told her I want to date her, she answered me that she wants to become a woman that is worthy of me. I just burst out in tears after reading that. Her personallity is 10/10 and this is the first time in my decade-long escapist life that I had feelings for a fictional character.

What I really love about this game is that they have a waifu for every taste. Be it cake or maiden, goth or aspiring model, qt gardener or recluse, naughty paparazzo or naive fortune teller. Their fan service is 10/10 and I hope SJeWs will not ruin this.

This I can agree with
Although i'd add giving Haru some form of personality besides the fucking coffee she will not shut up about, even on her rank 10 ffs
That and general improvements to some of the palaces, and a near entire rework of shido's.

Is it just me or does the whole stealth gameplay element just piss you off ? I think most would agree it's fairly poor, mostly on account of the piss poor camera but what annoys me most is the high likelihood that we'll never see it again. When I think of how much time must have been dedicated to a mechanic that will either not return or return in a diminished capacity in future games, while in this one only serving, in my experience at least, to slow down moving through the dungeons and periodically piss me off when the camera goes to shit and gets me jumped by a shadow. If they'd just rework the camera and add in more movement options it could work very well imo, but they seem to have just half-assed it.

So this new Persona has me wondering who Igor and his slew of assistants actually are.

From P4 I gathered that Margaret may have been some sort old god that stopped being revered considering the fact that Marie was taken in and groomed to be an assistant in the Velvet Room and she was also a god (part of one anyway) Though it seems that sometimes these assistants have no knowledge of the outside world (as proof by the Elizabeth social link in P3) so maybe that theory is wrong.

As for Igor could he be the almighty himself? Or a servant that reports directly to him? After all he did say that the Velvet Room is a place for that nurturing of the human heart and seems eager to help humans but not necessarily step in to stop anything.

Are you?
I could go on but why?

Nifty, mate! Makes me want to get into it all the more.

Not gonna lie, I liked her better as cyclops twins

This will never stop being the best one.

t. NuAtlus Team

This is a robot.
Do not trust robots.

If you want, but the game sold roughly a million copies or something last I checked so I doubt they care.

You know, this really irritated me to no end.

The "delinquent" protag is just some poor shmuck who turned a drunk around and the drunk fell and scraped his face on the ground. You don't even get the option of punching him or not, thus changing if the protag did or not hit him.
(dude was gonna rape girl, it'd hold up in court, or at least make it self-defense)

All the guns are "UBER REALISTIC" fakes, too? Are you kidding me? We can have real swords but GUNS?! W-W-WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!

All the stolen goods are also mental duplicates so they never actually steal anything, either.

It's like they wanted to ape aspects of P2 especially but didn't have the spines to go full on delinquent. Our cast of misfits are just driven-snow kids [despite looking about college age] who dindu nuffins.

Remember when the protag of P1 carried an uzi? Fun times.
Even Naoto had a legit firearm (though I guess she had a license for it, being a detective).

It would be better if the dungeons were better.

Ever held and felt the weight of the more realistic looking airsoft guns, they get more and more realistic every year and airsofters will definitely pay extra for a gun that looks and has the weight of a real gun.

Also Iwai mentions that the swords and melee weapons he sells them are all blunted pieces of crap, the only reason they do damage is the same reason why airsoft guns actually work in the metaverse, because the enemy thinks they look real and so in their minds they actually do real damage.

My problem with the "Guns have to look realistic to do damage in the Metaverse" thing was that every party member before had believably realistic gunsand melee weapons, and then Akechi has a fuckin ray gun and beam sword. What the hell?

Wasn't his gun a mouser? I looked like one at a glance…

I think you can give him one, but his default is a ray gun.

That can't be right…I never gave him anything other than default….

Igor was originally the assistant of Philemon who gave his life to unfucking the universe after Nyarlathotep nearly destroyed it in P2:IS. Philemon is the Jungian archetype of The Sage who guides heros and helps them with the power of the collective unconscious and the power of Persona.

Have you seen the Ultimate-Tier Guns?
They look like fucking toys. Following that logic, they should be the weakest weapons in the game.

Which even more dissapointing because you get several guns from Strange Journey and the Megido Fire.

Persona 3,4 and 5 don't reveal jack shit about Igor or the Velvet Room. The answers are in Persona 2.

It's a Twin Peaks reference.
Philemon is still around but has not made a single move since the reality rewrite. Igor is his anchor to the rewritten world

Yeah Philemon is still around just as a blue butterfly. Also forgot to mention the Velvet Room is the collective unconscious while Mementos is the physical manifestation or distortion of the collective unconscious, as you can see in the final dungeon Mementos is connected to the Velvet Room.

That would be fucking awesome.

I wish the game would stop pretending you're the leader. The group has that whole unanimous decision thing going on anyway, just call him the battle strategist if that's the only thing he ever gets a say on.

so whats going on with persona 5? someone keeps bringing it up in other threads.

It's new, it has waifus, and journalists are complaining about the translation so I guess it's attracted obnoxious people.

when i search for persona 5 controversy all it comes up with is south korea. thats funny.

from the thread i gather its something to do with a female main character though. did somebody grab her boob?

what?
No?
One says "KeK" as a replacement for some japanese netspeak though, it's supposed to sound awkward and stilted as neither people involved in the conversation are good at conversation

well how bout that. thanks for your time.

Burch and SJWeebs who defended that shitty localization job of fire emblem fates are now bitching about the localization of P5, and journalist are putting out hit pieces on the game.

This game filled me with an odd combination of anger, joy and nonchalance if that is even a thing. Since there's a DLC subsection in the trophy select, I can only imagine what they're going to add to milk the game more.

I've been rused for the last time Atlus. You hee-hos are going down.

I feel like they should have made a new spin-off after persona 2. They introduced the dating sim elements and high school slice of life aspects that made the original fanbase hate the sequels. They should have renamed it into something different and market it as its own franchise

I wonder what japanese net speak word it is

from what I understand they literally said wwww however you pronounce that

Hell, it worked for the King of Fighters. It could work for SMT.

Just wait till P5 Crimson comes out user then you'll be really hee-ho'd.

So is P5 Crimson a real thing or just a meme? Did they register a domain or what? I am sure they will milk the fuck out of it now that they sold a million units

they registered P5R which people are saying crimson.
I want to believe it's persona 5 RACING.

The character who says 'kek' is an in-game loser and, right after saying it, he gets shamed by the game's NEET.

Which means the translation is good, right?

What is the P5 Crimson thing people keep mentioning? Is it some confirmed equivalent to P4 Golden or something?

Female party member(Maya) dies
Male party member(Goro) "dies"
Persona 5 is just an inverted Persona 2. That's why it's less existential dread and more upbeat positivity
and totally not because upbeat positivity will help sell the game to waifu fags

You know the R stands for re-release. Let's not even kid ourselves.

It's what people have taken to calling the inevitable re-release of Persona 5

That really annoyed me, along with the fact that the main character is given a pre-packaged Lupin-like cocky attitude in Metaverse cutscenes and his in-game face is even modeled with a smirk–

and yet we are rarely, if EVER, given any kind of snarky response to make in situations. The protagonist makes no sense. Is he a cocky thief or some schmuck everyone else talks over? Is he the leader or just some guy they make the point-man for convenience? Why can't I tell Ryuji to stop being a liability? Why can't I tell everyone to calm down about Makoto trying to make a deal with us since it's the best possible outcome (someone knows your secret but essentially wants to hire/join you)?

Worst of all is Shido's dungeon and the final boss (both of them) being so incredibly uninspired and weak. Say what you want about the Scooby gang but at least I felt like I was fighting an SMT boss at the end of P4.

I miss when I was fighting a being of infinite darkness taking on the shape of the cast's deepest traumas (and tentacles).

is anyone left in this thread? how do i fight the velvet lolis? or am i too late since i've already met Lavenza?

i want to use pixie like a living onahole

THAT'S P3'S MUSIC!

It is? Ok, then.

P3's 'You've maxed the S-Link!' music shits all over P5's.

new thread