I want to be a game artist

I want to be a game artist.

Should I focus on learning 2D or 3D?

You need to innovate, OP

4D

The future you is already making 4d chess! Hurry up, if you won't succeed you will tear the fabric of reality!

2D is the way of the future.

you do realize 4D is animation, right?

You should focus on shaving your pussy.

Git gud

3D

Focus on 3D. 2D texturing is basically clone-brushing images you find on Google in Photoshop, then applying preset materials to simulate metallic/wooden/skin surfaces or whatever, then adjusting sliders to your liking.

If you're talking about pixel-art 2D, then you're a faggot and should consider becoming a prostitute.

2D is oversaturated as fuck, go 3D

You should try both then focus on which ever you prefer. There is nothing worse than developing a skill for something you end up absolutely hating.

Also "game artist" and "2D or 3D" are extremely vague terms - do you mean texturing? modelling? concept art? pixel art?

3D texture artists especially environment artists are in high demand. Every normalfag is enamored with muh anime sword LoL clone design OC inserts so character models are overdone.

Focus on learning drawing fundamentals first. Draw lots learn Loomis. Avoid the gamedev college meme and dont get pozzed

If you ain't 8"D you're worthless

Get me 10. Or 9, she's fine too.

4 to 8 are perfect.

It depends on whether you want to work on 2d games, 3d games, concept art, etc.
Whatever the case, learn your fucking fundamentals so you don't screw up proportions, anatomy, perspective, and so on without knowing why you're screwing up.

If you want your work to have a shot at being remembered in 20 years, 2D. If you want to make a living, 3D. Choose wisely.

Learning 3D helps 2D so you can't go wrong there.

It's a-okay buddy, not everyone can be good at pixel art.

No. No you do not.

If you don't already know what specifically you want to do, then you just want to be in videogames because the idea of working on videogames sounds cool, not because you actually want to do any job related to that.

Focus on coding you dumb fuck.

Isn't it better to learn 2D first and learning to see like an artist i.e not just seeing objects, but the edges, spaces, relationship between objects etc and then using your knowledge to be even better at 3D?

Classic low poly