WHEN WILL THIS COME OUT!?

Any thoughts on why it's "early 2017" and we still don't even have a date? I heard a rumor that it was due to console cert but I just don't know anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/855522236928839681
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Charlatans!

You actually want to play this? It's like counter strike but… actually I don't know if any game can be as boring as counter-strike, I guess the correct thing to say is that it's just a little bit less boring than counter strike but just as repetitive.
Yeah.

Forgot about this game . I was under the assumption that it already released and flopped. Semi interesting concept, but it looked boring as hell. Was pricing ever discussed? People might bite if it's relatively cheap, because it certainly didn't look like a 60 dollar product.

I think it will release at $49.99. Pure speculation though.

"Early" usually being Q1. and have you even seen game play? shit looks fun nigga.

Next chance would be October!

It looks like a lot of fun. It just needs more maps.

I was surprised how accurate it was in terms of location and items (yeah I know all they had to do was watch the films a bunch, but it did that well down to the little things like the pocket knife)

Devs have confirmed its console cert. More specifically Sony & Microsoft having some issue with the games voicechat, due to it using its own system and not the ones Sony/Micro set up or some shit like that.

Played the beta, was a lot of fun when it wasn't bugging the fuck out, and devs seem to have fixed the major gameplay issues from beta in the current build. (Jason not having any stealth, high speed & stamina counselors being nearly impossible to catch unless they completely fuck up, police escape way too easy, fence looping)

Saaaaaame

How long can things like that last? I never played the beta but I've had my eye on it since it was "Slasher Vol.1: Summer Camp"

I hope it doesn't go the way of dead by daylight.
I played the shit out of the beta of that game and then bought it only to find out when everyone leveled up to max and got all the skills that boost their characters abilities in every imaginable way they still get matched with new players that have no skills at all and get raped with no chance of winning.
It'd probably be best if friday the 13th had no progression at all, if it does it'll be a huge red flag in my book.

DbD was a huge train wreck. I loved the idea and hoped they could turn it around but they never did. Last step is to put that poor game in F2P and let it die gracefully.

The unlock system in the beta was every level you get a few points, you can just use those points to buy whatever you want, either perks for the Counselers or Grab Kills for Jason.
DBD is fucking cancer though. Huge grinding timesink with randomized rewards so you cant just get what you want and ludicrously imbalanced gameplay.

If you mean the games longevity, who knows. Though DbD has been going relativity strong for almost a whole year now, even though its bad. The F13 beta had numerous gamebreaking bugs, and even that was infinitely more fun that DbD.

If you mean individual matches, usually 15-25 minutes.

Fucking
='CONSOLEFAGS==

Unfortunately they make up a large amount of the backers and devs want to be fair and release on all platforms at the same time. They could release it on PC anytime, they just want to make us suffer with this console shit.

Enemy Territory used to have it where your levels reset once you stopped playing for a set amount of time. That way, you had to rebuild every day and you could rebuild your levels faster with good performance. The better you played, the more xp you got and the sooner you could get necessary skills like a flack jacket and adrenaline.

YEEES
twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/855522236928839681

To hijack the thread, what happened to the new South Park game? It was supposed to be released last december. Fucking kikes!

They had ONE job.

Fuck off, make a new one. This thread is about asymmetrical multiplayer slasher games.

Suck my dick faggot.

Next Friday 13th isn't until October m8.
If anything it should be May 9th and not May 26th.
Seeing as that would be the 37th anniversary of the original movie.

I just pray it's not DBD 2.0

When will you come out ?

now ;)

Did anyone watch the new trailer? It seems to be the most complete version of the game but there was something off about it…

What about it?

It just seemed like the more polished version of the game lacked that kind of gritty, no music, found footage feel of the earlier trailers. Also that falling animation at 0:55? The fuck was that?

Missing animations.
Missing facial expressions.
Missing mouth movement.
Phone clipping through the slutty cheerleader's face.
That many moths flying around a light fixture.
TSEE Tsee tsee tsee TCHAA Tchaa tchaa tchaa has next to no effect put on it, it doesn't sound ominous, just sounds like a guy talking too close into a microphone.
Jason slowly collapsing after taking a bat to the torso instead of ignoring it completely or at least being staggered from the impact. It looks more like he was shot in the head by a large caliber rifle.

They should have waited until October.

this

It's actually "KI ki ki ki MA ma ma ma" for Kill and Mommy, and for Tommy Jarvis it changes to "KI ki ki ki TA ta ta ta" for Kill and Tommy.
You uncultured swine.

(foken noice)
well excuse meeee, princess, I've only watched like 3 movies (1, 2 and 8) and barely remember them. Loved the scene in your pic. And the boxing match.

Im not sure what you expected m8. This isn't a AAA studio, they are literal nobodies who got lucky by catching NLC's attention.
Id rather be missing some minor cosmetics rather than have this shit delayed yet again.

Those moths looked like total shit, yeah.

Kill yourself m8.

Generally that is what happens in the game. If you hit him enough times he will go down though.

Why would you jump from 2 to 8? That's a hell of a quality drop. At least you didn't go past 8, because then it's not even fun anymore.

It's one of those games made specifically to be streamed. They are popular because streamers play them, and we all know how much normalfaggots absolutely hero-worship e-celebs.

Heaven forbid people like watching youtube. Ever think these games are fun if you have a group of friends? Go play europa and enjoy your high horse you autistic fuck.

i miss when DayZ was just a niche popular Arma mod with great, small community servers. Hackers ruined it first, then streamers. Now there are a million clones of DayZ that will never recapture the magic of those few months where it was the best gaming experience ever.

Be careful or user will go on a tangent how normalfags ruined gaming forever with youtube.

But it's not a DayZ clone, it's one of those asymmetrical multiplayer clones.

I honestly cant see why anybody would watch this game streamed.
It would be painful to watch some retard miss a counselor hiding in plain sight a million times because hes to busy obsessing over the chat and "muh donations" or some stupid shit.

It did though to an extent.

Have you considered appealing to lowest common denominator is what's ruining games? Go ahead and watch markiplier play five nights at freddy's or whatever FotM game that is popular right now.

Epic strawman my fellow user, that's totally why I mentioned that and not the fact you're defending streamer culture and the fact this kind of shit has indeed been contributing to the decline of vidya.

fucking sound logic m8

I said it contributes to it, not that it's the sole reason, you illiterate fuckwit.

Its not ==only== youtube/stream culture that is fucking shit up, but it is a significant contributor.

Ok you're right you did say that.

Elaborate please user because I disagree.

The long and short of it is that games are made to be gimmicky, shallow in depth, and disposable in order to appeal to that demographic.

I like it when these horrible characters/things are taken to the big city. I downloaded totally legally the entire film series, watched 1 and 2, started watching 3 and saw that it was the same shit all over again. I think it was pretty logical to jump to a chapter where they mix things up a bit. I think I saw the last quarter of Jason vs Freddy on TV, but that was cheesier than the chips I'm eating right now.
Jurassic Park 2 had the one cool scene, guess which one it was.

You're being unreasonable. If anything, it's similar to Evolve (which does not bode well for the game).

kill yaself m8

But CS is an actually good competitive game with depth to it. This is just shitty shallow Youtube bait. You got some shit taste there, friendo.

I play that with friends.

The series takes a turn for the silly at #6. #3 was supposed to be the last, then #4 was going to be the actual last, but that never happened. You can only kill Jason so many times, so they had to get creative.

Here is the announcement trailer.

While playing the Beta, I had great deals of fun, even when I was killed early on as you get a shitload of XP for when you stay until a round ends.

Yup, it got weird and silly but honestly, barring the first, it got silly at 3.

Also, they were planning on including an "All New" Jason for this game.

The initial idea was Jason in the 5 years between 1 and 2 where he covered his face with his Mother's sweater, but they just couldn't get it to look right or intimidating.

SO, Tom Savini designed a proper 10th Jason.

The idea here is that he has clawed himself right out of hell.

THIS OUTFIT NEEDS TO BE PREORDERED SEPARATE FROM THE GAME. JUST PREORDERING THE GAME WILL NOT NET YOU THIS OUTFIT

wew

With the amount of coke he sniffs he couldn't even walk straight.

same thing happened with Second Life trolling.

I really wish they did something different. They should've just let the concept artists come up with a completely new Jason. Jason in full hockey regalia with a sling blade would've been the tits.

What the fuck, has he bulked up?

What are the details ?
Is it multiplayer only ? Does it have a story mode ? What is the gameplay even like ?

I have a feeling this is going to be an early access game but for $60.

Multiplayer only pretty much.
At some point post release there will be a single player challenge mode of some sort added for free but that's it.

Jason: Kill everybody.
Different version of Jason have different passive stats, and have differing amounts of throwing darts & beartraps.
You gain extra abilities every few minutes.
You start with the ability to pull up a minimap to choose a location to teleport to.
Next you get sense, which allows Jason to see sound as "pings".
It also highlights counselors who's fear level is high. If a highlighted counseler is in a building the whole building will be highlighted instead.
Sense range increases over time, by the 20 minute mark of the match it covers the whole map.
Third power is shift, basically you go invisible and move super fast.
Fourth power is stalk, which temporarily disables the music counselors hear when Jason is nearby, allowing for ambushes.
Finally at the 20 minute mark he gets rage, which is a passive ability that allows him to instantly break through doors and destructible walls, isntead of needing to break them down with his weapon.

Counselors: Escape
This can be done in multiple ways
-Survive for until the end of the match timer (30 minutes I think it was)
-Repair a boat/car and drive it to the exit.
-Repair the phone power and call the police, wait for them to arrive and escape with them.
-Defeat Jason. Devs have not said how this is done and are keeping it secret.
You search around the cabins and shit looking for things that will help you escape/survive, weapons, gas for the car, the fuse for the phone box, healing spray, car keys, radios, whatever.
Voice chat is proximity based.

$40

Oooooh! Mister big bad game journo's gonna fuck up some "Nazis"! I bet this faggot would go down after one punch!

>>>/reddit/
Go back there and stay there.

I bet he's still hoping to snort some coke on LW's ass.

I'm still fucking puzzled why Jason hasn't scored a whole winter movie with him killing the shit out of people on a frozen lake wit ha fucking hockey stick.

I'd pay to watch that.

The violence in this game looks super weak, though. Couldn't they have stolen some gore technology from Ed Boon?

They went to make it more closely emulate the films, which while gory, isn't up to Mortal Kombat levels of absurdity to the point it's funny.

Some people like it, others think it doesn't work right.

I play too many video games to think the pithy "violence" from the trailer is worth it. It just looks weak, even L4D2 had better gore.
I mean, I just watched Jason rip some teenager's jaw out. They can make it a bit more painful looking.

why

do

you

type

this

you

fucking

reddit

spacing

faggot?

That'd be perfect though, right aroumd Spookoween.

You have to go back with him.