Hey Holla Forums anyone able to run a server? lets start up a minetest server!

hey Holla Forums anyone able to run a server? lets start up a minetest server!

I have no experience running that type of thing but I really miss playing mineTEST with Holla Forums. minecraft is shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.minetest.net/viewforum.php?f=38&sid=46903735c03d23a33742707df4a0dfee
irc.minetest.net/minetest-dev/2017-04-21#i_4886105
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sent ;)

There is no point in playing Minecraft or its clones. You go nowhere with it and the absolute freedom to do anything and play god is something no mortal can handle and coming face-to-face with this rots the minds of children, that's part of my Minecraft causes autism.

so user, what did you mean by that?

I remember the last minetest server we had. it went to shit really fast. in the beggining it was nice. just Holla Forums bros autism building together. very fun. if we could capture that special beggining feeling it would be very fun.

I want to lick Lukako's Penis

'no'

Do it yourself. It isn't hard.

Since OP is a retard and decided to use a completely unrelated picture. We're turning this into a S;G thread. Who is best girl and why is it All of them except for Kagari

If you're not going to actually host a server why did you make this thread instead of waiting for someone who actually isn't a lazy faggot to do it?

If I can't start my own server can't afford good enough computer and I never remind Holla Forums that people give a shit about them game and actually want to play, then who is going to remember to make the server?

I always thought it would be cool if we could have an ace of spades mod for mineTEST Holla Forums server.

or if we could have a modded FTL minetest, or space station 13 minetest.

maybe a submarine mod? we could build rapture under the ocean and crash subs into it and sink and laugh and have FUN

I always see people making this thread, and even when I make it Holla Forums seems too depressed to start it up.

when will we play again?

I ran a server before, and I'm willing to run one again, I guess.

I've always hoped for a port of the Civcraft stuff so that /civ/ can be relived again.

I think if someone would point out the list of mods to be used and stuff, it'll help anyone wanting to start one.

Hi Hotwheels

I'm retarded, so one can start with the official forums, which had got a handful of shit
forum.minetest.net/viewforum.php?f=38&sid=46903735c03d23a33742707df4a0dfee

I have the mods used with the last server(AFAIK), since I hosted it.

wait wait wait wait wait are you the admin who let Xenos rape everyones creations and didn't ban him, but banned everyone else, and then added really infuriatingly shitty mods that made the game even worse for the people who just wanted to have fun until everyone just quit?

yeah, i'm sorry for that.
i was really conflicted on making an anarchy server, and at a certain point, we realized that didn't work(or at least wasn't fun). xenos was a manifestation of that faggotry.
as for the banning everybody, that came from a suspicion of them being FUNK or petra(if you know that much, you probably know them), to the point where every little grief made someone a candidate for a ban.
the whole mods thing happened because:
A. i can't mod very often, and needed a gameplay solution to the griefing problems
B. i don't think anyone wanted to step up as admin
so we made a (very broken)factions mod, and the mechanics never really worked, which just got everyone mad.
then, the server just started crashing out of the blue, and after a hard drive failure, the playerbase was gone(don't blame them), and i called it quits.

why not play terraria instead, the superior autism simulator

A meme filesystem failure, you mean
:^)

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK BTRFS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

that sucks. if we could have fun and autism build together, maybe have organized battles, and have some sort of protection for our stuff that would be really nice. it would be really fun for all of Holla Forums to go on mining expeditions together. I hope you can bring back all those fun mods, (not the bad ones) and more like these

one of the neatest mods was the underground caves mod, which due to the large height values minetest supported, made for some nice adventures(and houses)

also it would be nice if we could set our protected zones in an easier way. for example setting up a base where all blocks in every direction get protected, and you can set a few so you can build and have some good farmland and build a good base that's liquid and damage and theft protected. maybe even force fielded to others unless permission is given? I would also like to be able to use a creative mode so that I can custom build my own personal base in any way that I choose (limited to certain blocks so that at the very least nobody is hardcore cheating by giving themselves infinite of the best resources)

everyone basically has their own personal version of anarchy (currently impossible to do in "muh reel lyfe" by owning their own mini city state. each player basically makes their own home base/ meme country so that everyone is happy.

then we could all go leave our bases, and go do things together.

I'm surprised there wasn't a cave collapse mechanic built in. or water flooding. not much unlike the finite water mod from minecraft. but instead of that laggy mess we could just do water equalization.

or
>ceiling stays put for now

or

I mean if we could build our own protected areas, then we could build temporary unprotected Holla Forums community structures that we just "know" are going to get destroyed eventually. maybe we build that under water city and have a battle in it with mini tnt launchers.

admin can we have earthquake mods? are you still here? will you make Holla Forums minetest great again?

Minetest sucks and no amount of mods can fix it, to be honest.

dissapointed

wait user.

admin can we have a steins;gate mod for minetest please?

serves you right

Gathering massive hoards of materials is the best part of the game though.

kill you'reself degenerate trapfag

you obviously didn't read my whole post you silly head

admin? admin!? ADMIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if it were limited to cobblestone, it seems like it would make things too easy.

I still have PTSD
TeeJay here

I suppose there is a special magic to getting your own ingredients. I hope we can get a new server up. playing with Holla Forums on mintest is still better than most video games.

shamancarjack right here, left the server when the map change happened though. the previous Holla Forumsillage was comfy as hell.

Full House digits confirm

hey shamoanjac can you maek more mods
-love, the other guy
thanks in advance

every server I ever visited on minetest (or minecraft for that matter) minecraft a shit is full of weird people who join a server to just stand in place and never talk to anyone. its just countless servers of that, or people talking and ignoring you. no way to team up and have good conversations or go on fun adventures. just weird silent servers.

Holla Forums minetest is the way to go. let us make a server and make minetest great again!

admin pls

pls minetest Holla Forums

should i put old server up?
or should i wipe world and put it up?
or should i throw myself out the window?

totally new server please. but only if you promise to protect us from baddies so we can be autism together and built great things. emphasis on fun and being a good team. please add lots of fun mods!

lets do this! we can do this!

i don't have the time for that :\

with the personal protection areas (to protect home countries) we would be fine as long as it was done right.

otherwise, you could do server backups (and save more than one backup) so that we can screenshot and report baddies so you can ban then when we tell you about them later.

we could also use some great mods :D

tsunami mod? natural disasters mod? matrix mod? steins;gate mod? hospital mods? specific body part injury mod? lewd mods? lightsaber mods?

I believe in you admin! :D

im sorry but i am unfortunately a nodev
my shitty Arkanoid clone in Godot doesn't even have proper enemy staging yet

even if the baddies find a way to destroy everything, we can learn from how they did it, screencap them and then show you later. then you can revert the server to a previous undamaged state.

pssh it's not personnel griefers!

This would have saved last server

Wipe. Starting out in a fresh world is always fun.

Turn on rollback if it doesn't murder performance.

i have to do the daily time deprivation ritual, see you guys in like 10 hours

can you also teach me how to escape time

>admin really gonna
>we gonna
>ree

thread theme

http s://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbWFpzi8C94

I'm gonna be so happy when I see the Holla Forums thread announcing the start of the new and improved minetest Holla Forums server, that wonderful feeling when everyone gets excited and pours into the server, find a nice comfy spot and claim land for our personal countries, totally protected property so we can have our own safe country bases and nice castles and farms and all that good stuff! then we can all go mining together in some deep underground lava and river filled cave.

maybe when we go mining together we could all split the goods since we work together on one cave? or split as evenly as possible? maybe one day we can split goods, and another day we can just free for all mine whatever we get? might be fun, like exchanging candy and trading after halloween.

then we head back to our respective bases and put away our loot! maybe some fun mods to build very cool things with all the ores we dig up? I hope theres alot of good player skins.

b-but if you believe hard enough

There does exist a capture the flag subgame, there are a couple servers currently running it that you could try it out on too.

Could be doable, albeit with not to many fancy effects. Drawing / using any kind of targeting or navigation GUI will be shit though.

Space wind would be difficult to do currently. Many systems could be done theoretically also in Minetest too, but there is the issue that Minetest doesn't have a concept of using an item on another item. This is an issue for transferring liquid between beakers, for example, and a mod would have to provide its own reagent transferring GUI or something.

Sounds possible except that underground building is a pain. Maybe could go along with a sponge mod

What about a magical girl themed magic mod? With being able to choose particle textures and spell colors.

fund it

ahaha memes irc.minetest.net/minetest-dev/2017-04-21#i_4886105

lmao

They'll be back.

bump

is admin back?

what do you meme by this?

I just read that whole thing. What a stupid clusterfuck. I hate when people think that IRC implies that no accounts = no rules and they can spam like kids on Holla Forums.

yeah

you admin?

yeah

but ID different?

we minetest now?

different id, as for the server what are we even doing

this

and this too? please :D

oh and fire protected….? please :D

well, rather: protected areas fire protected.
anywhere else, not really.

eh… sorry for all the :D :D :D
can't control my vidya urges.

I suppose alot of different ores and mineable materials and edible and non edible plant life would be very cool if that's okay.

Admin, would you like to post a list of minetest mods that exist so we can give you some feedback on what we want in the game that's not already in there? might be a bunch of really great mods we don't know about yet.

I'm very happy for the moment when it's all nice and set up and Holla Forums rushes in and the fun begins

quartz
more ores
more trees
ethereal
nether
maybe a mod that lets you mine the bottom of a tree until the whole tree drops (including saplings)
immersive sounds abience (really cool)
vanessa plantlife modpack
snow biomes
colored clay

what happened? where did you go admin? unless I'm being trolled

hello?

You need to build a camp, with walls around it, then fill it full of furries and gas.

load_mod_3d_armor = trueload_mod_3d_armor_stand = trueload_mod_bakedclay = trueload_mod_banners = trueload_mod_bedrock2 = trueload_mod_boost_cart = trueload_mod_bridges = trueload_mod_building_blocks = trueload_mod_car_126r = trueload_mod_car_f1 = trueload_mod_castle = trueload_mod_catacomb = trueload_mod_chains = trueload_mod_colouredstonebricks = trueload_mod_compass = trueload_mod_computer = trueload_mod_concrete = trueload_mod_digiboard = trueload_mod_digilines = trueload_mod_digilines_crafting = trueload_mod_digilines_memory = trueload_mod_digilines_weather_sensor = trueload_mod_digiprinter = trueload_mod_digiterm = trueload_mod_dmobs = trueload_mod_ethereal = trueload_mod_extranodes = trueload_mod_factions = trueload_mod_fake_fire = trueload_mod_farming_plus = trueload_mod_food = trueload_mod_food_basic = trueload_mod_fun_caves = trueload_mod_hazmat_suit = trueload_mod_helicopter = trueload_mod_homedecor = trueload_mod_homedecor_3d_extras = trueload_mod_homedecor_plastic = trueload_mod_hud = trueload_mod_hunger = trueload_mod_inbox = trueload_mod_itemframes = trueload_mod_kpgmobs = trueload_mod_lavalamp = trueload_mod_lrfurn = trueload_mod_mesecons = trueload_mod_mesecons_alias = trueload_mod_mesecons_blinkyplant = trueload_mod_mesecons_button = trueload_mod_mesecons_commandblock = trueload_mod_mesecons_delayer = trueload_mod_mesecons_detector = trueload_mod_mesecons_doors = trueload_mod_mesecons_extrawires = trueload_mod_mesecons_gates = trueload_mod_mesecons_hydroturbine = trueload_mod_mesecons_insulated = trueload_mod_mesecons_lamp = trueload_mod_mesecons_lightstone = trueload_mod_mesecons_luacontroller = trueload_mod_mesecons_materials = trueload_mod_mesecons_microcontroller = trueload_mod_mesecons_movestones = trueload_mod_mesecons_mvps = trueload_mod_mesecons_noteblock = trueload_mod_mesecons_pistons = trueload_mod_mesecons_powerplant = trueload_mod_mesecons_pressureplates = trueload_mod_mesecons_random = trueload_mod_mesecons_receiver = trueload_mod_mesecons_solarpanel = trueload_mod_mesecons_stickyblocks = trueload_mod_mesecons_switch = trueload_mod_mesecons_torch = trueload_mod_mesecons_walllever = trueload_mod_moreblocks = trueload_mod_moreores = trueload_mod_npcf = trueload_mod_pie = trueload_mod_pipeworks = trueload_mod_pizza = trueload_mod_plasmascreen = trueload_mod_pyramids = trueload_mod_replacer = trueload_mod_shields = trueload_mod_shooter = trueload_mod_signs_lib = trueload_mod_sprint = trueload_mod_technic = trueload_mod_technic_armor = trueload_mod_technic_chests = trueload_mod_technic_worldgen = trueload_mod_textcolors = trueload_mod_throwing = trueload_mod_u_skins = trueload_mod_unified_inventory = trueload_mod_unifieddyes = trueload_mod_wieldview = trueload_mod_worldedit = trueload_mod_worldedit_commands = trueload_mod_worldedit_gui = trueload_mod_worldedit_infinity = trueload_mod_worldedit_limited = trueload_mod_worldedit_shortcommands = trueload_mod_wrench = trueload_mod_xdecor = trueload_mod_mobs = trueserver_announce = falseload_mod_bitchange = trueload_mod_momtest = trueload_mod_playereffects = trueload_mod_xban2 = trueload_mod_hudbars = trueload_mod_hbarmor = trueload_mod_hbhunger = trueload_mod_minetest_caverealms = trueload_mod_caverealms = trueload_mod_minetest-caverealms-master = falseload_mod_throwing.old = false
should be mods list

heyyyy! you're back.

that's cool. did you like any of my suggestions?

????

what is bitch change?

oh great it's you. you go to every minetest thread and say it's shit, while praising minecraft. minecraft costs money, runs like shit unless you have a really great computer, is owned by microsoft, has had its magic bled dry by idiots and normalfags, and isn't fun. basically it's shit.

minetest is FOSS, runs great on poorfag computers, very easily moddable, doesn't cost money, is improved by the community for the community, is very fun, and has great potential to be even better the more updates it gets and the more the community supports it.