Square Enix reprinting Nier Gestalt, scalpers BTFO

Square Enix reprinting Nier Gestalt, scalpers BTFO

So if you go to the Square Enix store there is now a waiting list for a £20 copy of a brand new reprinting of Nier Gestalt on PS3 as a 'special commemorative edition'. Which usually would just be a case where goys gonna goy but this is one of those delicious situations where no digital versions mean scalpers hoard then bloat the fuck out of the price of these kinds of 'cult' following games.

Now of course its like that guy who sold a bunch of rare NES games for a dollar each again and "collectors" are complaining that their ebay 'investments' are worthless and scalper tears are best tears.

So FYI if you liked 2b's booty adventure and want to play the dickgirl original then dont buy a scalped version that go for like full modern retail price at the lowest and just wait for this release instead.

Other urls found in this thread:

nedgame.nl/playstation-3/nier/4789351040/?utm_source=budgetgaming
nier.wikia.com/wiki/Witches'_Sabbath
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not the first time the reprinted it. I got my copy some years back for maybe $16 new; don't think the post-reprint prices recovered much from that, at least locally (to the point $20 complete became average where I am).

Of course, if you're talking Europe, it wouldn't shock me if this might be the first reprint for it seen out there

This is a rare game? The fuck?

That's what I'm wondering, I assume it must be in Europe because in America they are going for bargain prices.

I mean, it's the only explanation because I see copies around all the time.

In europe theres a thing where the moment a game gets any buzz of 'cult classic' then chinese and russian sites buy up as much stock as they can a year or two after release and then bump up the price just like americans have to deal with with NES (((collectors))).

As you can imagine the slavic salt right now is pretty strong. But if more people can get a yoko taro game as well so much the better.

Post more scalpers being BTFO
I never played NiER, so I might start with this one?. Also, who's the guy in vid related? I have a friend that looks somewhat similar.

I hope we get reprints of Drakengard 1.

I didn't even know it was rare. Got my copy back in the day for about 10 bucks and only really bought it for the story and OST. Also

2b is still hot as fuck though.

The best scalper tears ever occured right here on Holla Forums

Never before or since has scalper salt been so sweet.

You play most of automata as a shota if that helps.

Is it the legendary (216), the autism user who makes huge walls of text or is that another guy? This seems to be on the Holla Forums hall of fame.

What is scalper?
Why should I care?
Will I get HD edition now?
Where is my fucking HD edition moonfuck? You promised me!

Think the people that dont play games buy will buy a dozen of a console on launch to try and sell each for over a grand on ebay. Scumbags who go into meltdowns when their 'sure hit' bombs.

If you want to see some salt

So far he's reaching (70) posts.

Is it the flat earthers from Holla Forums at it again?

What is a scalper?
Well, English might be your second language, it's a reseller. Basically, they buy stuff at 1 and sell it at 10 because they hoard multiple copies of the same item. They're famous for jacking up prices before big concerts or events or, in vidya, buying up collectibles and waiting years and years to cash in, preventing normal people from playing games because the prices are too ridiculous.

Oh.
Well it seems to me that it only affects people who like to buy plastic.
Serves them well tbh. Those scalpers sound like they're doing god's work.

Evolution denier this time.
He's also admitted to be the nigga who is in this gem of a screencap.

How can somebody prevent you from downloading a game?

Nier has no downloadable versions its on disc only.

I'm fairly sure you can pirate games on both PS3 and XBOX360.
So yeah, there are downloadable versions.

I still find it a bit odd that Drakengard 2 somehoiw has demand enough to command prices of like three times D1's price (which admittedly still isn't that much; Drakengard has been like $10-12 locally, while Drakengard 2 is like $30-35), given how few people that like the other entries in the series seem real fond of Drakengard 2.

PC PORT WHEN

Drag On Dragoon 1 was printed in huge numbers, Drakengard was in the 4 for £10 PS2 game bargain bin no long after release because the mid PS2 lifespan was FULL of rpgs and warriors games on a level no other period can compete with and this meant a lot of these experimental games chasing after other existing brands ended up with huge unsold bulk numbers sold dirt cheap.
D2 was naturally then printed at a way smaller number so holds its price a bit more even though its the least connected to all the other taro stuff if memory serves.

Neat. I wanted to grab this game but collectorfags and ebay cunts grossly inflated the price.

That's how Nintendo is doing so well. According to their reports at least.

That's the big brother Nier (the protagonist), the other version that exists. Japan got two versions of the game with different versions of Nier. The west only got the papa Nier version.

t. scalper

He never did. You're lying.

Welcome back. Ready to shit another thread?

It aint me though, I'm just fucking blind

Oh never mind didn't read that

You're still a commie kike though that much I can agree with him.

Oh look its (78) and (54)

I was d5d3d5, I had exactly (2) posts in that thread. Nice try though faggot.

Shouldn't you be on Holla Forums trying to convince them to hate Trump?

Thread's about Nier still?

Lets try to get it back on topic.
For people that played original Nier, what are the big mechanical differences in the game?

Probably the lack of combos and emphasis on the story and music.

Faaar more bullet hell and side scrolling elements.

You made me look it up on Amazon because I couldn't believe it. The top seller wants 45 butt fucking dollars for it, and whats worst they suggest Drakengard 1 at the tune of 70 fucking dollars. Jesus fucking Christ, I paid $10 for Nier 1 a couple years ago and I got Drakengard 1 for $8 at a local used game store last year. I don't know where these faggots get off with this shit but i sincerely hope that their homes burn down and they lose every piece of their collection. These mother fuckers are as bad as those fags who constantly shill against any repeal of the machine gun ban because they have a fortune in artificially inflated hardware and it brings my piss to a boil. There's a special place in hell for these motherfuckers

and now their games are about to become worthless again and they are [PLATINUM SEAL] buttmad.

Good.

Can't wait for the tears of those hoarders

That's exactly the attitude I would expect of a Slav.

Maybe these fags should look into collecting actual rare or worthwhile things instead of fucking video games.

HAHAHA IT WAS REALLY HIM

Fuck that. I hear their store is a nightmare to deal with.

Didn't america already get a fucking reprint of the game? Pretty sure that was the case

Scalpers are literally the scum of the earth and deserve to have wooden stakes jammed down their urethras. When scalpers lose, everyone wins.

I think that was just the PS3 version, and I think even then that was only until they started reprinting it the first time. I remember seeing so many 360 versions around '12-'13 that they practically couldn't give the fucking things away.

Eurofag.

nedgame.nl/playstation-3/nier/4789351040/?utm_source=budgetgaming

Not terribly bad.

wew

Xbox360 it is not. But PS3 it is. Europe is Sonyland after all.

r

4 da playas innut blud? sahnd.

This always comes across as wishful thinking every time i see it, if only because most reprints i've seen don't have much of an affect at all. I think what made the hardcore game collectors quake in their boots with the NES shit was the fact that one of their own was about to expose shit they don't want people know(like the fact that they too probably own multiple boxes of stadium events and the like)

Nier is a pretty great game, but 20$ is the limit I'd pay, and even then, it better be in good condition with box and everything.

Thanks for the link, user. Wish I ran into this website sooner.

When was that? I would have loved to have seen that

Taro games are tremendously overrated, but I'll defend victims of shit taste over scalpers any day.

They're not overrated at all, given that most people acknowledge the majority are shitty fucking games. People like the stories, music, characters and aestetics. Hell, of the games, only Automata has above average gameplay.

Nier has been dirt cheap for ages, it's only recently that the price has massively skyrocketed. If you're talking about grossly inflated prices then chances are you're a secondary faggot who doesn't deserve it to begin with.

No, the legendary (216) was the guy trying to convince everyone that you should never pirate anything ever for any reason, and even people who pirate and then buy later are scum that should be killed

Here's your (You), sage for doublepost

To be fair a lot of people are only interested in this game now because of Automata when halfchan Holla Forums pre-exodus and other places had already played and discussed it. I'm still shocked it got a sequel

I saw it yesterday original sealed going for 20 bucks at my local electro store (Germany)

Being interested in a game because of the sequel doesn't make you a secondary, though. It's the complete opposite.

Please learn the meaning of the words you speak.

The copy I got from gamestop was in near mint condition, box, book and everything and I passed on the game like a dozen times before I decided to go a head and pull the trigger. I bought it with Deadly Premonition and I had more difficulty finding that than Nier. The game's not 5-year-old-Madden tier plentiful but it isn't like there's only 4 copies left in the world so it shouldn't be that hard to find one not at the prices these Jews are asking. Hell I saw a copy when I went to pick up Automata, so its still out there and reasonably priced.

Wasn't me who used the word, I'm just saying I can see where he's coming from even if he overreacted

november maybe?

I bought NieR for 360 at a mall Gamestop for $12 on the same day Automata came out. What's this bullshit about rarity and scalpers?

PS3 version, 360 version isn't rare at all.

I bought the 360 version for $2 a year before Automata came out, you got played.

There was a time when it was pretty expensive. Like $80+ from what I remember.

what

Kek she has a small dick.

But Nier was bad.

It is a wonderful nightmare.

it's a feminine dick

And the gameplay is absolute shit

if you think it's shit you must have never played a truly bad game in your life

I want the normals to leave.

How many copies just tanked for you ivan?

It's not even Drakengard 1 tier bad, and I still wouldn't describe Drakengard 1 as absolute shit.
What I would describe it as is aggressively mediocre and unpolished.

so since the Xbox360 one is a lot more common than the PS3 version, is it inferior in any way?

Am I the only one who had more fun with the first Nier than Automata?

My tranny friend has a Feminine dick

Shouldn't you be busy jumping ship to the next big thing so you can desperately try to fit in? Persona 5 should be your next port of call, right?

Nope, as far as I'm aware they're identical and neither have any noteworthy performance issues.

Good to know, thanks.

The US and EU releases are both based off of Nier Gestalt, which was only ever released on 360 in Japan, so in a very VERY technical sense the 360 version is actually "truer" to the original Japanese edition than the PS3 version.

This, I got mine for 15, well after it came out.

How do you know?

i bought this game used for $8 3 months ago

Already happened.

Does that emulator run at a playable FPS yet?

None actually. I paid around 30 bux for my copy a few months after the game came out.

I wish I was a scalper. Making a killing off of normals who hop on popularity bandwagons must be satisfying as hell- but lately, the popularity bandwagon is retarded and you can't figure out what the next MUST HAVE craze is going to be.
No one would have expected a bargain bin filler like Nier to become the latest craze, especially after it got shit on by just about every review site back in the day– The same sites that now are attempting to praise it as a "lost hidden gem".

It's depressing attempting to have realistic conversations about Persona 5 online.

New copies of this ain't worth shit user. I have one and last time I checked I could get 30$ or so for it.

Eurofag here. I spent €45 to get this a few weeks ago. I spent an extra 10 euro on P&P to get it a day before the weekend

It's tthat artist's wishful thinking. She's got a large one.

nier.wikia.com/wiki/Witches'_Sabbath

Yeah lots of Burgers in this thread. Nier and PS3 were never very popular in the land of diabetes type 2.

I actually played Nier when it came out on 360 (full price) but dumped the console and games at recycling a few years back. Rebuild my JRPG collection on PS3 but Nier was always overpriced and unavailable on Playstation Store.

Sony making digital availability mandatory was a good call.

Is P2 a mandatory playthrough for P5? No, wait, hold on, is P2 worth playing on its own?

EMIL A CUTE!

Not really, they often destroy physical copies of games you can't get by any other means. They damage any market they are in, and they are in all of them. They obviously didn't read the goose that laid the golden egg.