The Surge

The hell?
They've shown nothing but trash until now, and now they come up with this.

Its looking pretty good now

It has denuvo tho

thats an automatic pirate-only.

Out of home on a phone right now, filesize would be too big.

Can you stop posting missinfo like a goddamn cuckchanner?
Focus has said none of their game will have that piece of shit.

Wheres your source nigger?

It was confirmed to not have Denuvo.

Yeah please fuck off, no one cares about your shit game.

Thats not how this works Rick.

These are the guys who made Lords of the Fallen right?
I'd wait for a pirate or demo since their previous game was pretty mediocre at best

You can just copy the link and not give it clicks.
Better yet, report it to the vols instead of shitting up the thread like a fucking chimp coon.

Just because its inspired by it doesn't mean its competing with it, I still remember faggots here complaining about a lack of Dork Souls clones and now that there is theres only people complaining about it.

Looks faster than any of the latest From games, thats for sure.

Yeah
Nigger, where the fuck do you think you are?
A circlejerk general?

I want it!

Calm down guy
Just let it be released first before you make such a judgement

I mean that shit is day 1 pirate hands down.
Depending on how it runs and whether it's actually a good game past first hours novelty I might even buy it.
Also it's confirmed to not have denuvo and reqs listed on steam are pretty low considering how it looks, so it seems that devs are actually in touch with people who actually play video games, rather than twitter monkeys.

Fucking power armors aaaaa

Yeah, I hope it turns out alright
Not expecting From Ievels of polish or depth, but it looks pretty decent due to how fast it gets, hopefully its not just style over substance and the mechanics are actually there.

wtf i love the surge now
I actually might pick this up now that combat doesn't look like shit.

Though, there isn't anything wrong with style over substance if the style is good.

Here's a webm
Looks pretty OK

If i dropped this at the same time as a bowling ball this would somehow break the laws of physics and drop faster because fuuuuccckkk falling for the dank souls clone meme from these fucks again.

That's retarded. It's the same as thinking
or

Who could be behind this post?

This board has been filled with complete fucking retards for a while.

A shame really
For example, Furi was cheap and pretty good, yet nobody here gave a shit about it.

Ergo, approach their future games with caution, if it bucks the trend and is good, great

I didn't give fury a go because of color palette. Maybe I will someday.

There is caution and then there is pants on head retardation.

The bosses look cool though. I hope there's a lot of them, these kind of games get bogged down by dude vs dude fights far too often.

Never even heard of this game before, but damn it looks good. I really love how it seems the weapons have real weight behind them when they swing.

I like Dark Souls, why wouldn't I want more games that plays like dark souls? I have no problem with people taking the Dark Souls style and expanding upon it, as long as they aren't just blatantly ripping it off and not improving on the formula in anyway like lords of the fallen did.

No user, you're not supposed to like popular games.

Looks nice, chromatic aberration is kinda annoying, but I can live with it.
The studio has only developed a couple of action games, most of their portfolio consists of P&C adventure games and a couple of tablet games as I understand it.
Cautiously optimistic. Especially considering I'm planning to have built a rig that could run this game on minimal settings by the end of the summer.

Give Furi a try user
Its fucking great
Especially on the hardest difficulty after you learn the boss patterns.
Theres multiple endings, even mid game
The game doesn't really end when you think it ends

Designs look like arse.

I expected the worst, but after seeing gameplay on another video and not a fucking garbage ass combat trailer it seems alright. The combat is really clunky, but so was Dark Souls and it doesn't seem like the bad kind of clunky.

Clang when?

(checked)

I'm not sure you understand how the internet works.

It looks a little too slow, and I am concerned that to be really good will take an enormous amount of work with the animations. It might be decent though.

So that's where all the talent had gone to!

LOTF wasnt bad

oh boy here we go

inb4 MUH CLUNKY CONTROLZ

What? Pretty sure it says clunky.

I'm replaying through it right now. It was and still is overwhelmingly mediocre with terrible optimization where the only decent way you can play it is by being big and bulky with a shield. If you're playing it any other way, you're doing it wrong. If I recall, this was one of the first games to actually use Denuvo when it came out, and back then the software had huge memory issues that crippled the game's release. Heard reports of Denuvo literally killing computers because of the stress it put on to the system. Now, I can at least manage playing on medium settings on a fucking 980 without it crashing, but there are still plenty of framerate issues abound.
However, I've been keeping my eye on The Surge for a few months now, and from what I've read, the devs figured out that maybe the should not be fucking retarded and actually make sure it's optimized. Recently they send out a recent build to a whole bunch of youtubers to stream and play it, and it was the PC build they were using. Seemed like everyone had max settings on with no issues whatsoever, so at least there's that. That's not to say that they might fuck it up in the next month, but it's better than nothing.

Looks _fun_

Boy I sure love slow and deliberate combat

live and learn. I only have a few hours into it anyway but I didn't mind the pace of the game.

Bump