Happy Birthday Fire Emblem!

Even if modern Nintendo mistreats you and turns you into a shitty waifu sim, we'll always remember when you were a quite difficult SRPG that kept us up all night

Also Hitlers

Wrong day, Persona 2 was June 24, not April 20.

So I started playing 3 for the first time for the anniversary, not sure how I feel about the dismounting mechanic. Adds an extra layer of strategy right now, though from what I hear the stat boosts of promotion into Paladin/Dragon Knight don't carry over to the dismounted Knights, and indoor stages (including the finale) require them to dismount.

Really makes you thinkā€¦

If you mean 13 and 14, popular doesn't mean good

No it wasn't, it was another Neo Persona

What do you mean a 'start'? We already had two of those on the DS.

lol
So you're saying you didn't play it.
An official remake series called Fire Emblem Echoes: [Subtitle], it would be good to remake others as well.

I didn't say that though, I merely pointed out that just because something is popular doesn't make it good.

Admittedly, I did not. However, when everything released about it after the initial teaser made it appear to be like Persona 3, and everyone I spoke to who DID play it compared it to Persona 3, it's kind of natural to assume it's not exactly worth playing.

Not sure why a subtitle is necessary, considering we had both Shin Ankokuryuu and Shin Monsho already, but I wouldn't mind remakes of the Jugdral games.

And people liking something doesn't make it bad either.

No need for a however, just a full stop.

So you can see why a subtitle is necessary?

I never said it did. I'm honestly not sure why you brought popularity into the equation in the first place.

Pray explain the game in detail then, as you imply yourself to be someone who did play it.

Not at all.

See
Huh

You mean the part where I say "popular doesn't mean good"? Because that's not the same as saying "popular means bad."

Your argument is predicated on the idea that an extra subtitle is somehow necessary for remakes, when the existence of Shin Ankokuryuu and Shin Monsho (and hell, Monsho itself for that matter) clearly refutes that.

I never said it was necessary rather it could facilitate remakes

Then why did you say

I would play more Fire Emblem but I really don't have the cash for a 3DS. Maybe the Switch will make the 3DS even cheaper or something.

Until then, I guess Fire Emblem Heroes is all I got.

Oh I meant it was necessary to differentiate between different Echoes if they adopted it as the model for more remakes rather than saying it was Necessary for remakes in general as in.

Fire Emblem Echoes [Remake of A]
Fire Emblem Echoes [Remake of B]

How much is the 2DS in your country?

If you can emulate Famicom or SuFami games on your PC you could just play those

Fair enough, though I still don't see the necessity of the "Echoes" name at all considering we've had three remakes already without any sort of extra subtitle.

Eh, I just found it tidy name for classics, it's not a necessity.

American, so 80 bucks. But I prefer the design of the regular 3DS. Besides most of my money right now is going into life stuff like clothes and furniture, that's why I don't really have money for it.

Maybe when my birthday or Christmas comes I'll have more cash.

That's fair, and thematically appropriate, just saying it would hardly be the start of FE remakes, since those really started with the third game in the series.

Starfox Zero outsold its first week in Japan.

Sales != Quality

And #FE got no sales and has no quality. Thanks for agreeing with me.

lol no
Now listen here son, don't pull this shit

Anyone know if the Gaiden remake got submitted to FreeShop yet? I was going to buy it physical, but if it's not been submitted yet I'll buy digital to do so.