Telltale must be stopped

Why do people play these games again?

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch.tv/AverageBadParrotTheTarFu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're not vidya at this point, just a form of VN.

It's fodder for the masses, like action figures, just adapted to the modern media format.

At least they gave us the emotional ham scene.

Telltale's quality has always been garbage. They sort of lucked out with the first walking dead game they made I guess.

t. part of a rangeban from cuckchan Holla Forums and /vg/ for supposedly let console wars and other very obnoxious shitposting on overdrive (I am innocent)

Both WD games, as well as TWAU are great. The rest of their catalog is shit.

Not even since your choices in a VN actually matter. Telltale games are just bad movies at this point. Shame since their Sam and Max games were alright.

Tumblr eats it up.

They got popular with TWD, and then people just continued buying their games I guess

I attempted to play the first episode of the wolf among us and it was buggy and laggy as all hell. The game is basically a fucking slideshow and they couldn't even code it properly. It was so buggy and broken I couldn't even be bothered to complete it, and have zero interest in any telltale product as a result. Incompetent and shit tier all around.

I hope they keep going because maybe one day we can see more of Nelson Tethers. If they made more Puzzle Agent games I could kill myself happily.

Not unless it's a linear VN.

It appeals to the recent influx of faggots who treat games like fashion accessories. They're made about whatever shit is popular at the time and made to be so simple that you need absolutely no skill at video games to complete them. Basically they're only bought so people can brag that they played them and talk about what a gamer they are.

A shitty low rate Layton knockoff with the easiest most braindead jigsaw puzzles you've ever seen?

This, they're the Funko Pops of video games.

Sam & Max games were fun, too bad we won't get another one ever again

Considering the current state of telltale, you migh want to say, "Thank God we won't get another."

ITT underage faggots that don't know about Sam and Max. Telltale might be trash now with their rehash after rehash but they've made some good games.

Fuck you dude Puzzle Agent was good. It wasn't the greatest game ever made but the puzzles were decent and the story was fun and it had character.

The power of the brand.

Why do you think Telltale licenses popular mainstream entertainment?

Yeah so was Bioware, Blizzard and Valve once. Not really relevant now.

That was a really cute game, too easy though.

obviously

The first one was good although it was a fluke. The second one was a dumbass tier story that was mostly forgettable outside of a bunch of 30 some year olds listening to an eleven year old for advice and the third one has been fan pandering bullshit. Outside of once again going LOL EVERYONE YOU KNEW IS DEAD

I actually enjoyed the second one more, although it was more obvious this time around that your choices really didn't matter and that the same thing would happen regardless of what you chose. I haven't touched 3 yet.

Except kinetic VNs generally have a decent story, these shitters can't even be arsed to make an original setting.

And to think that I was excited about the future of Telltale after they had started revitalizing the point 'n click genre with fun (if very flawed) games like Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People and Tales of Monkey Island.

People wanted the shit genre known as point and click back, so they brought it back and now pnc fags whine that this is not real point and click like leftist faggots whine that North Korea isn't real communism.

Faggots get what they deserve.

So are Telltale games like the Metal Gear Solid Digital Graphic Novel except more annoying to read?

You sound like someone who's never played real point & click adventures. Fucking Broken Age is more of a point & click adventure than Telltale shit.

Did the third one come out? Because if it did, I'm honestly impressed that nobody here has said a word about it.

I watched broteam play it, and the animations are amazing. The green people clapping during the bar scene looked like someone's first try at animating something ever. It looked like something out of those g-mod videos.

It's on episode 3 out of 5, and so far it's not looking good.

Went back and made a clip of it.

clips.twitch.tv/AverageBadParrotTheTarFu

God, TWD turned out so shit. Every game Telltale just kills off literally every other character so that it doesn't have to remember any choices made.

I saw the Broteam stream and this shit lasted about maybe an hour or less. Can't believe they're trying to sell it for $25.

an action figure is more interactive than Telltale shit.

All right, how did the filter miss him, but get me?

probably because he's bypassing the filter

Not an argument.

Looks like it, I don't how. I put the -meme to get by the filter, but that didn't work. I think he's a goon, they seem to be popping up more as of recent.

Yeah Japanese VNs usually are original stories. Telltale just licenses known IPs.

Honestly the best Japanese VNs shit on Telltale games pretty hard.

Moving the goal posts any harder can make Hillary president, yid

No they haven't.

Looks like I was wrong about VNs not being mentioned.

Telltale only made two original IPs: Puzzle Agent, and Telltale Texas Hold'em. That's just pathetic.

I can't speak about the quality of story in VNs, linear or not, but at least they usually don't say or advertise that your "actions have consequences" when they don't.

That was made with Graham Annable and is set in his "Grickle" universe. So….yeah.

Telltale got lucky with the first Walking Dead game, it had good writing, good characters, some actual albeit incredibly simplified point and click gameplay, and choices that mattered not so much in actually affecting the outcome of the story, but in how the characters surrounding you felt about you. Look at how incredibly divisive everyone is on who they like and who they hate for proof of that.

Every game since then has just been awful, though. I think people keep buying them because of two things. They're attached to already popular IPs.

And because people keep hoping the next one will be TWD levels of good. I've long since given up on them, they haven't made anything wortwhile in so long that I tend to completely forget they exist up until they shit out another licensed game that has no business being made.

Man, I love the fact that in the Batman game you can prevent Harvey's face from being half-melted but yet he still turns into two-face regardless.

Their Borderlands game was actually pretty decent.

lol who cares telltale is shit no matter what they they do

How does Kenny get to be in so many games?

He'll probably show up again in Season 4.

Damn.

…and they're still using the same engine since the first Walking Dead game.

The only recent Telltale game I've enjoyed enough to completion was The Wolf Among Us

I too enjoy chicken sandwiches.

Did Mark change up the wordfilters?
I belong on 4chan, please feed me the brown pill

Ah, okay.

Telltale was at it's best when it was making poker crossovers.

I've never said it was good VN, just that it a type of VN and therefore not vidya and implied there is no reason to get mad and make thread on Holla Forums about it…
It's not like we have run out of reasons related to actual video games to get mad about.

Telltale doesn't make vidya gaems.

/thread.

What is filtered? Put it in an image or something.

I watched awhile the playthroughs and i felt nothing but cringy nu-male drama and i stopped.

Borderlands 2 story is annoying cringy enough. The magic with BL1 is gone.

Based Lee and Punished Kenny were the only good parts of these games

Their Homestar Runner game was pretty good.

Telltale made a huge mistake in killing Lee. What I really mean is, they made a mistake in killing Lee and then making a sequel. Season 2 probably would have still sucked, but at least it wouldn't have been a group of adults listening to a 12-year-old.

Never kill your protagonist until the story is over.

That's the only almost exception. It was being developed before they "really" went to shit. Even then, a lot of the huge issues Telltale has creeped up in it, especially when they decided to rewrite the whole thing after people guessed the plot because they were too liberal with their foreshadowing.

Another Telltale shit?
Who the fuck keeps buying their garbage? It's so awful in literally every way

I hate this meme because i believed it.
It was a merely alright story ina FUCKING SHIT point and click adventure game, easy as balls, and with the game just killing whatever it feels like killing no matter what you do.

Fuck you, and fuck this "game"
They should do just a movie so at least they don't fool you making you think your choices matter.

It was shit.

Its just TWD season 2 with a borderlands theme. Pre Sequel is better than this money grabbing trash.

The game had literally only one scene that I thought was decent.
The way the troy baker protagonist defeated Handsome Jack by literally ripping himself apart.

I liked the Back to the Future game, it was like a 4th movie that we never got.

I can understand why people like these games, it's like doing some interactive movie or fanfiction, obviously these games do not sound attractive if you are not a fan of whatever subject the game is about, but people who like it will certainly take a look at it and consider playing it, indeed Telltale found an easy way to ride on other people's work to sell their shit.

That and the game is just a ripoff of Layton.

Someone had to be taking the piss with that scene.
Shit has gotten pretty meta, Telltale makes unfunny shit games that become fun to watch as a broteam stream.

Also this. Their Sam and Max stuff was mediocre, Walking Dead 1 was good and the rest is irredeemable garbage.

Woah, user, let's not say anything crazy here.

I don't think Layton's formula of "wander around and do puzzles" is all that unique.

They just had to make Kenny the protagonist in part 2 rather than Clem.

The Japanese don't consider VNs games.

VNs are their own genre. But because VNs are very unknown in the West people here clasify them as games for lack of a better word.

The term used is "kitsch".

But then all the people who hated Kenny would have bitched about having to play as him. But fuck those people's opinions.

Telltale won't call it VNs because they'll lose their target gaymen audience

I've only played one of their games, Minecraft Story Mode or whatever was free at one point.

It was kinda cool, but since I don't really care about Minecraft, I stopped after a while. I rarely play those kinds of games so I guess my view is less negative but the combat left a lot to be desired. But if all of the other games they make are the same like OP says then I would be very unlikely to buy any of their games. Also, I rarely hear about Telltale titles on any websites I visit. Sites like Ars Technica and PC Gamer spend more time talking about Mario Kart or recent ports to the PC. Only time I've heard about them is when some Walking Dead fan talks about them.

I don't think anyone is playing these games in large numbers but if they are making more and more of them then someone is buying them.

Probably bypassing the filter by replacing the lowercase L in Disposable with an uppercase I.
DisposabIe Weebshit testing.
Sage because this isn't Telltale, even if it is a more interesting subject than their shit games.

i was bored yesterday with nothin better to do and i decided to watch a playthrough of this
The Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us were utter shit as game as has always been the case with Telltale's games but they had their moments
Leaving almost nonexisting gameplay asided
The story was fucking retarded, the character were completly unlicable and the designs were disgusting
The Nova corps basically Marvel's Green Lanter corps a military organization keeping order through out multiple solar sistems was getting their shit kicked in by Thanos, and who do they call for help? just a bounch of pirates and mercenaries, none of wich has a single superpower except Groot maybe
So they show up, fight Thanos and kill him
Rocket is a cinical asshole, Drax is more retarded than ususal, Gamora is kinda the mother figure of the group? and Quill is a completly obnoxious douchebag and not in the cool or fun way as it was in the movie, every character wanted to make me puke
I watched only the first hour or so and quit it for how boring it was and how ugly it looked and TT ain't even pretending to be Point & click adventures anymore, the first hour of the game is nothing but QTEs
How did they fuck this up?
You have Han solo with rocket boots
A sarcastic wise cracking side kick that double as mascot character
A wamp thing rip off
A green skied space ninja
A tatooed space Conan the Barbarian
you have space ships, smuglers, superpowers, supervillas, cosmic beings, titans, robots. you need to really put the effort on making any of these things unlikable and TT games somehow did it, i'm bafled at the badness of this visual novel let's not pretend these shits games anymore, even TT aun't doing so
Telltales has surpased itself with this turd
this isn't just shit
it's apex shit

To be fair it sounds like the issue is with the setting rather than Telltale
Not like they helped

Oh Boi! Its time to act like a Fish!
Good God, that part took so long.

How the hell would the setting get in the way? It's a space fantasy superhero setting. That's a license to do whatever the fuck you want!

This is what kills every telltale game for me, I played TWD season 1 and 2 plus the wolf among us and I have no desire at all to try any other "game". They are practically making VNs and they cant even make your choices matter and/or have different branches/endings? That shit is fucking lazy

i agree with you that TT makes no vidya but i disagree that we should ignorit for only one reason
SJournoWs keep pushing this trash as though it actually WAS vidya
They failed to push blatant postmodernism with Gone Homo and Sunset, but if they can push "le interactive experience meme" they'll get the same result, a "get out of jail free" card so talentles hipsters can make shitty nongames with a fuck load of insidious cultural marxist subliminal mesages crammed in
TT is just the most concentrated form of this but if you wanna see the ones who are a little bit more subtle about it look no further than The Last of Us, sure it has gameplay, lame gameplay ripped off from other games who have already done it better. but it sold cause muh thought porvoking story, muh relatable characters muh engaging narrative all of it wrapped in prety graphics to woo the sheeple.
SJournoWs ate it up, and now we have IPs like God of War who've always been centered around gameplay trying to harvest shekkels and praise from TLOU defence brigade

Kikes failed to push the relativism of (((postmodernist art))) so they are pushing the (((interactive experience))) and they will both be defended by cucks with the same line:

theres always those stories of their employees being overworked and underpaid then being easily replaced, they always complain about how the engine is shitty and never updated which shows

TT games could have a game were ninja terminators and mutant xenomorphs with jet packs and light savers team up to defeat a vampirized godzilla and they wold still fuck it up

What, don't you want to see a Telltale™ Star Wars™ games, my™ fellow Anons™?