Saints Row 2 is free on GOG

Also if you own Saints Row IV on steam, you can connect it to GOG to get the DRM free version of the game.

gog.com/news/release_saints_row_iv_gat_out_of_hell

Also here is the saints row 2 gog page

gog.com/game/saints_row_2

Just make an account and claim the game. Free offer ends in 46 hours

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/downloader
forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1715922
gog.com/redeem/FB200KGIVEAWAY
powerupbonus.com/DigitalCode
gog.com/forum/saints_row_series/saints_row_2_for_linux
idolninja.com/sr2.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Thanks for the heads up, OP

I already made a thread earlier

fugg

mine has a better op image :^)

Reminder that Saint's Row 2 requires the Gentlemen of the Row mod to work properly on PC because it's one of the all-time worst ports.

It's a fucking shitty port, but it's also a port from about 10 years ago. Most computers nowadays should be able to handle it without problems, I finished it once and I don't remember needing any mods

Holy shit return to cuckchan

It's designed for a 3.2 GHz processor. Anything faster or slower fucks it up

Fuck.

The gameplay is fine. The production value is obviously lower than its sequels, but you should be more worried about how it's a shit port (even though GOTW fixes most of these issues.)

Post your Bosses

No I mean combat, shooting, driving all of that. It's just so very stiff, wooden almost, it's just not enjoyable to play.

It's not the gameplay being "ancient" (it was released after GTAIV), it's the gameplay being unrefined and shitty.

GTA IV's gameplay was unrefined and shitty. Did we play the same game?

Clearly not, or you're just playing the contrarian.

Realism is a gimmick. The game consistently like dogshit throughout the entire experience. Neck yourself.

Whatever you say, famalam :^)

Sometimes people just have a very strong desire for a world that isn't filled with people suffering from shit taste, user.

I wonder if the free giveaway means that they'll stop selling SR2 soon. It seem to be trend among some companies to just giveaway a game that they'll stop selling soon usually due to music licenses expiring like in the case of the older Dirt games & Grid.
The alternative usually being a game temporally removed from sale & a butchered soundtrack release later on like in the case of Vice City & San Andreas. I've heard Mafia 2 also got the music removal treatment.

Also somewhat related I remember an interview with a former Neversoft dev going on about music licenses and the Tony Hawk games and how punk groups were more then happy to have their song featured in a game & didn't ask for much. However rappers, even the small time ones would usually ask for a small fortune to have their song featured in a game.

The fuck is the point of these reddit tier comics? Are you not allowed to critique anything the moment someone says they enjoy it? Time to flood this board with threads about shit games and shoot down any criticism with "b-b-but I had fun!!" then.

See
When you go full contrarian and become indistinguishable from an I AM SILLY parody and those comics are accurately representing your position, it's fair game.

FTFY

No, my friend.

That's pretty cool. Tony Hawk was what got me into punk music, and even if I didn't buy many albums featured in the games, I've spend a good chunk of money on punk shows/CDs. I remember eventually in the Tony Hawk games they gave you an option to customize your playlist, and I filtered out all the rap music. Made the games so much better.

To be fair, the niggers are just taking a good opportunity that they saw for quick cash. They're jews with 70 less IQ points.

What a shame.

I'm still going to gratefully download and enjoy this, but what the fuck GoG?

They pulled this shit even before GoGalaxy was a thing so I don't necessarily think they're pushing it, the only thing I can think of to justify it would be 2nd and 3rd worlders with garbo bandwidth.

Ah, I only guessed that going by how prominent the "try GoGalazy!" button was, so I could just be talking out of my ass. It's still obnoxious as hell though

Just wanted to go on record to say it's also free on Steam if you're a Steamfag. I got it on both because why the fuck not?

It definitely is the best SR in the series.

Everyone agrees that Saints Row 3 is the best game in the series with the best gameplay.

Reported

Works on my machine.

Reminder that Julius being behind the boat explosions was simply because the animator was lazy

Webm related

Check out my shitty Vergil Cosplay

Where's this from?

Really? I try running SR3 and it tells me I have to use proprietary drivers.

It's pretty fucking funny though.

The guys few videos are pretty good.

Both 2 and 3 work fine here. I'm using Manjaro OpenRC with no proprietary driver shit.

How come the Linux version isn't on GOG?

Thanks, always looking for more shit to watch.

The last point on the left is literally correct though

And it's with this game that I will really need a graphics card.

but all gog games are free

.>>12388777
If someone didn't want to see Spoilers then they wouldn't watch the whole thing, and It's Saints Row 1. I doubt many people are going to go through the effort of getting a 360 just to play it when the rest are on PC.

There is already a thread, .

It's been locked for hours.

V should be a Vice King's prequel. Stops the need for a reboot or figuring out how to continue on from 4's ending. Title even works out naturally (Saints Row: Vice Kings with a stylized V, so it's both SR5 and not directly numbered as such)

Heres a better idea

There I just fixed the fucking series

Another corporate enemy would be boring as fuck tb.h

Best game as far as story goes.
Worst game as far as gameplay goes.

SR2 looks/feels/plays like it's a San Andreas mod.

What the fuck Holla Forums I posted "It cannot be said enough how much Saints Row 3 fucked up by not having nearly as much customization as 2"

What in the actual fuck compelled them to do this? If they made a new map for Gat Out of Hell, why couldn't they make a new one for SRIV, or at the very least, remake Stilwater? The story of SRIV goes that Zinyak traps the boss in a simulation of his (second) worst nightmare, a world without the Saints, so wouldn't it have more impact if it was his hometown as opposed to some shithole he visited one time?

While we're on this topic how come they didn't just make it so Gat gets kidnapped so you can still make your own character for it too? Half the fun of SR is making your boss and I got pretty bored with GooH despite it having generally more well thought out gameplay than IV because of this issue.

Why do I want to lovingly hold hands with this character so much?

Saints Row has been progressively moving further and further away from what made the original 2 games so good since the third was released. Now they're big dumb linear action games with an open world out of obligation, their next game, Agents of Chaos, is basically just Saints Row IV-2 but with no boss customization and no crime elements at all anymore.

It takes place in the Saints Row universe, but is no longer a Saints Row game. Saints Row 1 and 2 were flukes, everything after that has been a criminal mishandling of the franchise.

When the first Saints Row came out I thought that they were going to go in that direction once they were able to and instead they just took the weakest elements from the game and focused on those (after 2).

>SEE THAT FUCKING ART STYLE

Just use GOG Downloader.
gog.com/downloader
Pic related. You get everything at once.

Important question, does the GOG version have the ability to upload mods and tweaks like the Steam version via Steam Workshop.

Being free doesn't make it good.

Also can you play with people on Steam if you get the GOG version and vice versa.

k check out the manlet pimp

This game man

Gat bugged out and wouldn't leave the car so I had to shoot it to get him out

RIP

It's the power of idoru.

I liked 2. Should I get IV? I don't mind mindless open world chaos.

4 is dull even compared to 3, banking heavily on DEM REFERENCES. You become borderline invincible pretty early on, without grinding.

Well it's got none of the things in it that made 2 great, so no.

10/10

Maybe if you're 13 years old

The guy on the right doesn't like anything and doesn't play anything, he just sit on imageboards all day complaining about shit.

Manlytears?

I'm neither.

B-but user! Video games are art! They make you think!

Maybe one day you millennials will realize that not everything is a battle between two extremes where everyone and everything is one or the other.

Maybe one day you millennials will realize that you're not winning anything by sitting on the fence like a faggot where all you're doing is blowing smoke up your own ass instead of achieving anything.

No, there's also the unthinking hordes in the middle who follow whichever extreme holds more power and/or shouts the loudest, and the self-superior morons who think that they can simultaneously virtue signal to both sides.

history called , says you're wrong and a faggot

Opinion discarded

go back to CNN

Fucking millennial retards.

t. boomer

Millenials are more right wing than previous generations.
Your shitty insults mean nothing

Go bait somewhere else you fencesitting nigger.
Normalfags are scum that will let themselves be fucked in the ass and delude themselves like weak willed faggots just to avoid negative feelings.

Isn't SR2 one of the, if not THE worst pc port of all times?

Seems like it works now.

The gentlemen of the Row mod fixes things.
and no DMC3 is the worst PC port of all time, but that also has the Style switcher mod to fix everything.

Must be nice having shit taste.

definitely one of the worst considering the 3.2 GHz bullshit

I don't know what gentlemen was meant to fix, but it's the same port I know.

What the fuck game is it even from?

Get out.

Only get it if you're dying for a sequel to Crackdown. Please pirate it as well, since the devs are faggots and Anthony Burch himself is in the game as a teammate.

Do I get to cuck him and take his Wii in the game?

dont forget to play it with cockney VA

What did they do.

for starters, they put Anthony Burch in the game as a teammate

If by get you mean steal it from the store, yes. It's shit but if you steal/pirate it it's free shit.

Is the game supposed to feel really fast or is it just the shitty port acting up because I go up to 60 fps.
Does the Gentlemen of the Row fix this or is it another issue?

The farther your CPU is from 3.2Ghz, the faster the game runs. What's your CPU frequency ?
There's everything you should need to know about this shit port here :
forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1715922

To answer your question, Gentlemen of the Row doesn't fix this problem but another tool allows you to fix it in the link I've given you. You should still run GotR because it fixes some broken mission scripts.

It has always been free to pirate though?
What's the point of this

My frequency is 4.00 Ghz.

Makes sense then. Are you on W7 ? You'll need to use PowerTools in the link I gave you to make the game run at normal speed.

I'm on 7.
Good thing I got it for free, or I would be very angry right now.

Then again, it would be fucking cool if CD Projekt Red did it but if Volition did it they'd most likely fuck it up by adding LOLSORANDUMB weapons and shit so I guess its better just to leave it fucked as it is

They would also remove all the customizing of everything.

gog.com/redeem/FB200KGIVEAWAY
Fantasy General is also free on GOG. Deal ends tomorrow.

Also, Deformers gave out a free code to Gamestop employees for two copies of the game, one on PC and one on PS4.
powerupbonus.com/DigitalCode
Sign in with your PUR account and use DEFORMERSGAME twice.

>gog.com/forum/saints_row_series/saints_row_2_for_linux

I guess the official GNU/Linux port had a bunch of issues and uses DRM

Volition is most likely financially strapped for cash right now.

The last 3 Saints Row games reused the same engine and mostly the same environments. They're making a new spinoff that looks like it's also reusing the same engine.

Most likely they can't afford to make a Saints Row 1/2 remaster because the amount they'd make is too low.

Which is a shame since Saints Row 1 didn't perform all that well on the 360 to begin with and I'd love a proper PC port

I feel you. I bought it years ago on a sale without knowing how abysmal the port was because my 360 died, needless to say I was pretty pissed. Seeing this thread reminded me that I have to replay it and thankfully with the fixes it seems to be running okay (was the aiming always fucked like that ? it goes at a snail pace when aiming near someone).
Playing this also really cemented the fact that I hate the direction the series took after 2.

Are you using a mouse and keyboard to play?
I haven't really noticed it but it could be some sort of autoaim correction.

Nah I'm using a controller, for some reason steering is fucked with M+KB.

Then it's probably an autoaim thing.

Oh hey it's the "saints row 2 is good" meme again

At least I took a few screenshots of my character.

Get the mod "Gentlemen of the Row". It's a major overhaul that adds more content and also fixes the PC port.

I unironically thought that SR IV was probably one of the most fun games I played in 2016.

Saints Row fucking sucks though

no it's a
>saints row 2 is was free but you missed it
meme again

This is really neat. I love hidden developer secrets like this in games.

This or run the Linux version, that port isnt as shit.

Good and funny meme, the game is tripe though

Saints Row is full of stuff like this, you can see the devs had fun with what they did.

It's one of the reasons why Volition is one of the few devs I still like and follow. Imagine Valve, except they aren't total fucking kikes. They have fun, do their own thing as silly as it may be and just like make game.

Yeah I like the streams they do with unreleased shit or mods. Like the Saints Row for the PSP one.

So i'm playing a bit more. I bet this game's marketing pitch was "It might be shit, but at least it's not as shit as GTA 4".

But i am on the linux version, user.

Some more screenshots.

Has the abysmal optimization been fixed at all? Last I knew, I could run GTA IV at highest settings better than SR2 at lowest.

idolninja.com/sr2.php

My blunts are too strong for you, traveler.

This is one of a few times I'd like to see some sort of remaster to unfuck that and the sort of shitty controller support.

Your impotent rage engorges me. Friendly reminder, we live in your head rent free.

Here's some of my old screenshots.

Not Important portrayed obese is fucking hilarious.

Feminist apprehends a male for the felony of male gaze.png

kek

Here's my shitty non-meme character.

Wut. Where do I buy this ?

Gentleman Of The Row adds a whole bunch of decals to put on your clothes when you buy them.

I didn't even notice. Thanks laddo.

The way story mode goes is the red gang, Jamaicans, then the Ronins, if you do it any other way you're doing it wrong.

Friendly reminder that if you don't have a custom playlist consisting of only Karma Chameleon you're doing it wrong.

Am I a shitter or something ? I keep dying on that mission because niggers keep running me over.

By the way, did your character also sing along to some songs? Mine always sings along when Final Countdown plays.

STATION POWER RANKINGS

The Mix

GenX/Ultor
Krunch
EZZZY

Underground
Funk Unless you have a boss to match then it becomes god tier

Kryhme

Klassic

Why are all the things I remember NOT being fun actually fun? For some reason I remember Crowd Control being irritating and Trailblazing being fucking difficult but I've had a blast with both

Insurance prevention is unfun because you spend 99% of it looking for a car to run you over

Way to prove his point

4 is better

what happened to your lips, user? Did the bacon burgers cripple them?

made some OC for you user

they're both correct user

So I have the gentlemen of the row mod and the game on a ramdisk, and it game still runs like shit. Is there really no fix?

You'd think that now that this goony faggot is actually a Volition employee they'd think about patching the PC version maybe
But nah

Checked and thank you user.

Way back when I remember that the real reason for the performance problems was something to do with it being an Xbawks game originally, designed to run on three processor cores and ~2.2Ghz. If you happened to have a similar config it ran just fine. More/less cores, and a different speed, you got problems.

Also speedstep, big problems.

The gentlemen of the row should fix things but if not, not sure what to recommend.

Those are some mad vegan gains.

What is he doing now at Volition ? He seems to be one of the "LE WACKY GTA" fags so I'm wondering if he had a hand in the terrible direction SR has taken since 2.

me and my friend co-op'd the whole game, it was fun

other image is my SR3 boss with the goofy russian accent

Russian accent grill voice, best grill voice.

pic related, it's you :^)

He got hired sometime after SR4 released. Actually if I recall correctly they he was such a critic of SR3 Volition pulled a Valve and actually flew him out to play an early build of SR4. As for what he does now besides hotpocketing he was one of guys behind SR4 getting Steam Workshop support up and running.

Judging by the livestreams he seems to be the only one at Volition who gives a damn about SR2, while everyone else at the company has the "SR3 is where the series finally found its identity" mentality. He has expressed interest in doing a Gentleman of the Row 2.0 though.

That is pleasantly surprising. I can't imagine it being easy working at Volition now that everyone seems to be shitting on 1&2 and you're surrounded with Tumblrinas who want to make Reddit-GTA : The Game.

Fuck those guys. I was a huge fan of Saints Row 1 and 2. Yes those games were extremely buggy, but they were still a lot of fun. The singleplayer was great, the multiplayer was fun too. I actually met a lot of nice people in SR online. Some people say that Saints Row 2's multiplayer was crap, but I still enjoyed game modes like Strong Arm. It was something different.

Then Saints Row 3 get's announced, and boy was I happy to hear that back then. But then it turns out the game is total trash. Downgraded to hell, weird fucked up "humor" and lost all connection to previous sr games.

Also the new coop is trash, you can't replay missions anymore. Who in the fuck thought it would be a good idea to remove that feature.

I thought they couldn't put replayable missions in was because it constantly fucked shit up and they couldn't find a feasible way to put it in. That being said, this is only a rumour I've heard.

I asked in the official forums back then and one of the mods said something similar. I don't remember what exactly it was, but I remember them bullshitting their way out of it to be honest.

I agree, we should only let Muslims have half of Europe. That's a very nuanced and reasonable position to take and I'm a very smart person for taking it.

A doll and sandra bullock, and then you got some autistic mix of felicia day and sandra bullock?

It's the nice little things like that that make SR2 more enjoyable than SR3. Not to mention, some of the more enjoyable activities were straight up missing from SR3.

Now my game also crashes every few minutes. This game is so fucked i'm assuming they did it on purpose.

So I shouldn't bother pirating sr2?

It works on my machine. It's not a very big game. Just torrent it. I'm gonna replay SR4 for the DLC soon because I got it for free from GOG.

stop being a contrarian manchild

what point are you trying to make?

I don't know why IV annoyed me the most, it was better than 3, but goddamn something about it I didn't like.

It was the disgusting filter they put on everything.

That was most likely it but I think its also because they did nothing different, just used SR3s map and added the filter, at least with SR2 they changed it up a bit.

Eh, running around in Saint's Row IV with super powers while listening to Circles and Squares was comfy

I agree, really comfy. You should try some other comfy games like CoD. Those games have a nice singleplayer, very movie like. But stay away from the toxic multiplayer. You should also try the new doom or the latest battlefield.

allegedly the GOG version of the PC port has been patched to fix most of it's issues.

AYY LMAO i want to play this so much but it runs at 30fps and crashes every 5 minutes, plus it freezes completely every time anything loads up

Specs?

If it plays at 30 FPS it's capped at 30

This fix only works for NVidia GPUs. AMD GPUs have no fix yet.
Disable frame rate limiter[9]
Go to %PROGRAMDATA%\GOG.com\Galaxy\support\1430740458\1430740458\add\NVI\.
Open Nvidia Inspector and click the button next to the Driver Version.
Type Saints Row 2 in the search filter, go to the bottom and select Frame Rate Limiter.
Click on the rightmost button to change it to its default setting, or select PS_FRAMERATE_LIMITER_DISABLED.
Click on the apply changes button.

I fucked the post up

core i7 4770k @4.2ghz
gtx 780 @ 992mhz core 6.1ghz mem.
24GBs of 1600mhz CAS9 ddr3. It's dual channel and I have 3 8Gb sticks so I only have the bandwidth of 2x 1600mhz.
I've tried both windows and linux versions. (windows 10 and gentoo).

Steam version was free too so i got it too because it's convenient. When I say "it runs at 30fps" i don't mean it actually runs at 30fps, it fluctuates between 20-50fps for me. Tends to stay on high 20s though.

Having super hero abilities in Saints Row IV was a mistake, it destroyed the open world system that was done in previous SR games. Once you get those powers, there is no point in using the vehicles (the driving was one of the best assets from The Third).

I wish Volition would make a new Saints game but they want to make a solo Overhyped game.

Don't buy IV, it's a reskin of SR3 with even more "lol so random" and "muh pop culture references that will make the game old in 2 years".