Fighting Game General: I wanna be a Hitbox Edition

UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st] is confirmed for PS4, PS3 and PSVita. The game will be released on July 20 in Japan in physical and digital media on PS4. Digital only for PS3 and Vita.
The new version comes with new characters. Enkidu is a master of the ancient martial arts voiced by Shunsuke Takeuchi. Cross-platform online play is supported between PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. Other changes include the addition of Tutorial and Mission modes, and character balance adjustments.

Korean Game Rating Board lists PC version of the game: pbs.twimg.com/media/C9XLakqUwAAr7Rt.jpg

New beta test confirmed at the end of April. New character and CFN/balance patch are delayed.
SFII Thailand stage confirmed as new DLC. April Fools costumes for Juri, Chun-Li and Ryu will also be released as premium costumes on April 25th.

Whip, Yamazaki, Vanessa and Rock Howard were releaed on PSN. Version 2.0 released with system changes and character balancing on the Patch notes: snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/kof-xiv/news/KOF-XIV_patch_ver.2.00_en.pdf
New costumes for Kula, Angel, Meitenkun and Sylvie were released.
Arcade version coming to the new NESiCAxLive2 system. KOFXIII, 98UMFE and 2002UM on Steam are all based on their arcade versions

The game will be released on 05/16/2017.
Last regular character will be revealed at the end of the month.
Microtransaction model confirmed to only affects colors and fast unlock stuff that can be normally unlocked by playing the game.
Darkseid is preorder exclusive at release. PowerGirl, Zoom and John Stewart are special skins available on some pre-order bundles.

Rev2 was released at the arcades. The console version will be released in Japan on May 25th, May 26th in North America.
There'll be a retail version of the game compatible with the ones who update their normal game with the DLC.

Ultimates are being added to the game for selecterd characters. Riptor Ultimate was revealed: youtube.com/watch?v=kQSPA_Od4vY

Two guest characters from other franchises confirmed as DLC and Season Pass users. Harada is asking who the fans wants to be in the game.
Costumes and modes were also confirmed as DLC. The game will be released on June, 1st. Eliza confirmed as a preorder exclusive character. She will be put as a regular DLC a month later.

Halloween costume submission is up: teamninja-studio.com/doa5/lastround/us/designerschallenge2017.html
New Maiden Costume set available for every girl except Mai, Sarah and Pai: youtube.com/watch?v=iWqq1yHR2cg

EVO 2017 will feature 9 games: Blazblue CF, GuiltyGear Xrd Rev2, Injustice2, KOFXIV, SFV, Melee, Smash Bros. WiiU, Tekken7 and UMvC3.
EVO Japan will happen between January 26th and January 28th.

Arika did an event as an April's fools joke with a tech demo of a new fighting game with their SFEX characters: youtube.com/watch?v=o2x8c-RFGnA They don't deny continuing the project if they acquire budget.

Eternal Champions
Producer Michael Latham wants to know if people want a new game: forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214286/eternal-champions-official-soul-successor-vote-now

Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg

Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R

The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html

DOA5LR - Full Character Guide & Frame Data - Created By Arcade Sensei: drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1xzXhKnihroVG1teFBhejQzSHM

>Previous thread: archive.is/z2Pla

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170419233905/http://8ch.net/v/res/12338957.html
archive.is/UG0bE
web.archive.org/save/http://8ch.net/v/res/12380422.html
gigamaidens.deviantart.com
store.steampowered.com/app/586140/
archive.is/J6zzj
archive.is/3VRB1
archive.fo/Jiet9
shoryuken
archive.fo/7MyPW
dustloop
twitter.com/FightCade/status/772999982538424320
discord.gg/xrkJm
twitter.com/Shini_Zack/status/855234388627304448
discord.gg/TwDJA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The fuck is going on this board?

Anyway, post mains.

>tfw I did it with ms paint

Reposting

I still find it hard to beileve that people actually went and paid for this on steam.

One day I will.

What's the one between UNIEL and SFIV? MUGEN?

archive of previous thread
web.archive.org/web/20170419233905/http://8ch.net/v/res/12338957.html
archive.is/UG0bE
and of course, this thread web.archive.org/save/http://8ch.net/v/res/12380422.html

why aren't pixel perfect hitboxes a thing?

"muh gameplay" > appearances
Also per-pixel calculation is apparently much more expensive than plain boxes.

Boxes let you modify balance without having to change animations much, theyrecheaper in processing etc

Money and it's easier to balance the game without having to change animation if the boxes aren't pixel perfect.
Also pixel perfect is less fun

posting. I didn't see the appeal of fighters until recently. pls no bully.

You mean like this?

Post more hitboxes

Is there any way I can improve my inputs? Specially for doing air combos or the types like "briefly left and then right"

Not gonna lie, I'm partial to melee's ovals.
inb4 someone posts Jiggly back air

this one, right?

The fuck?
And I thought Marth's grab was bad.

You ever seen yoshi's grab? There is nothing in this world more painful

I mean, if their placement was a bit less retarded I would say that it is the definitive way hitboxes should be done.

When is this fucking game coming to PC?

too bad smash hitboxes are dumb solely because it's 3D hitboxes on a 2D plane

Did someone say yoshi's and marth's grab?

There's really only one explanation for this.

before rev 2

vf4 & 5 do that i think but hit detection has a lot of really autistic rules in vf that probably wouldn't be very fun in other games

goddammit why does lei fei have to be so cool?
anyone wanna play vf?

It's like Capcom finds a new way to hit another level of stupid.

All of these ultimates are just shit-tier, an make me wish I never picked that shitty sjw-infected game up.

if there was a PC version of 2 HD ,4:Evo or 5:FS or if I had money to buy a new PS3 I would

It's kind of bullshit how KI and MKX lost so many whateveralities.

Not soon enough.

Not even close, kiddo.

KI was better as a dead franchise.

oh hey! that SFII Bison stage is finally coming out, are those retro Alex and Ibuki costumes coming out next?

you ever knew the character you liked most was terrible but realized that even though that was so he's the character you play the best with?
I was in a smash tourney a while ago when I lost my first half of RR pools and I wasn't getting out of them I was like fuck it and picked Dedede and did a lot better even though I was rusty with him.
I dunno maybe it was a fluke and I'm convincing myself of this.
anyways posting and change log
Alex is my new main
Maining King Dedede again with secondarying Peach, Rosalina and Bayonetta
my new main team is Xanadu/Angel/Alice with my secondary teams being Geese/Sylvie/Zarina and Terry/Dinosaur/Yamazaki

that just gets me every time I see it.

Noice

How do you find the strength to continue, friend?

When an entire community memes itself out of playing a character, nobody has any experience against them.

Do you think it would be important to get a pc fight stick that can play on ps4? I don't own a ps4, but I don't exactly know if I'll ever need it.

Not really unless you want to be safe for the future, a lot of PS4 sticks are naturally PC and PS3 compatible.

What's the best place to get a PCB that works on a bloodborne-station? Trying to convert my shitbox into being able to play on it without the 8 minute desynch. Mostly looking for a reason so I can pick up KoF14 instead of just spending all my time on 98UMFE because a lot of people left to go play 14.

OK people, I managed to make Last Bronx to run on a Win 7 PC. It's quite easy to make the game run, and it accepts the 360 pad from the start. But it uses the left analog for movement, not the digital, and it maps back and start as combinations, like G+K. But you can remap it.
The speed is easy to to fix, just put the Skip Frame on None, but, the colors and videos are the problem. The first time, it run well, but now the colors are a mess and no video plays. These older games on PC still working are a blessing, but are not easy to run.

GigaDev here.

Who should I try to get as a guest character? Just discussing this for fun.

Gold Lightan

Is it sad that the first character I thought of was Marina Liteyears? I actually wouldn't mind seeing Arina in 3D.

Does this character actually have any interesting moves? All he seems to be is a big gold guy who punches and kicks.

Are you that kid that's making (yet another) smash bros clone? Put Shantae in it with transformations as stances/special moves.

From indie developers? There is a guy creating a platform title, but it's not released yet. His character is interesting. Beside that, we have Volspina from Godannar, because, pic related.

No, I'm the guy making the all-giantess fighting game.

inb4 you tell me to put Shantae in it regardless.

Nah. If it's an indie game, it has to have the indie darling - Shovel Knight - whether GigaDev wants it or not. :^)

But that's the cool thing, he punches, chops and kicks good, and he's in a fighting game already.
Otherwise, Ultra Man.

I should make the stipulation that I don't want any dudes.

Unless they're tiny.

Big gurls, huh? I can get behind that.
I would suggest adding an oni character, complete with the constantly being drunk theme. Just go talk to that crazy boy ZUN and ask him to give you an OC.

I… have a couple of girls like that already, actually.

Make a kikestarter
Have a tier to "get your own character into -a- game" that furfags and autists will give you money for
Release a game with whatever shit the furfags and autists want
Release ANOTHER game without them.

I'm asking this thread for guests, not OCs.

I have a method for getting OCs to cameo in the game, but if they're furries I'm charging double. I don't give a fuck.

You should've put a list or a link of what you already have then, dork. How the fuck am I supposed to know that shit.

I haven't revealed them yet. That's all

As in, we haven't drawn their artwork yet

thats some lame zone rule you got there buddy
if there's no men, who are the girls gonna have sex with? girls dont have penises

Hey Gigadev, any plans to add a hard to unlock girl, like LASTFIGHT did? And she would also be a nice guest character.

Anyway, I think you should namefag your posts. Makes it easier to follow.

Just pay attention to his ID. And what the fuck is that supposed to be?

They could have sex with each other, as long as you're okay with homosexuality being an abomination unto the lord god and all that.

Jeepers, what sort of titty creature is that?

None, I'd rather you save that if you decide to make a sequel.

even Arcana heart had a male character by technicality (a drawing brought to life that speaks like a gentleman)

Tomie Sector from LASTFIGHT

You know, he could go the Ranma 1/2 route, and add a "technically" male character.

I post artwork and development screenshots all the time. I have a bunch of artwork here.

gigamaidens.deviantart.com

I stand by this decision until the end of time. Fuck males, not in my all-girl fighter. I won't have Skullgirls' mistakes become mine.

No I won't. Certainly not in a playable form.

What part of cameo don't you get? Cameo is not playable. I don't even intend to have them in a 'living' form.

Didn't say they'd be playable you sperg.

That's pandering to transgender shit these days, so fuck no. That'd fucking kill the game right off.

You either add a dude or you don't, there is no in-between. And if you disregard that for some stupid ass reason and add a trap, for the love of god don't advertise it and keep it hidden.

You do NOT want the LGBBQ crowd in the game. There's a difference in the gay faggots that exist here and "them". The gay faggots here actually play and don't give a shit about representation, while the gay barbeque crowd will seem to promote the game but will instead alienate everyone from your game.

I've seen it happen before, you do NOT want to even have a whiff of pandering in it. It's fine when the japs do it because the gays don't give a shit about the japs because the japs rebuke them shamelessly, if a westerner does it the gay buttfuck alienation train is on the fucking game like shit on a cow's ass.

what are you trying to accomplish

All this is correct, plus there is also the fact that I don't like traps. I ain't gay bro.

he is right though, cameo doesn't mean playable.

This is basically the same shit as skullgirls putting mat and pat + furries in the game because of kickstarter payments. I didn't approve of that, but honestly money is money.

As long as that money goes into future projects to fund your carreer, though, I consider that a somewhat necessary evil these days since indies have it rough enough as is.

The pattern of making shit you want to do always starts with shit you don't want to do.

Exactly. I'm not doing it because I like furries but because they have mad 'tismbux which I'll need to get the game done.

Lol, Cabbagepots

I don't really think it's all correct and there is a bit of exaggeration in there. I mean, it depends in how the developer deals with it. You can have a character like that and not pander to the groups in the slightest. But again, this is something that the developer would need to decide with his team. And if the decision is to not have, it's fine too.

The only thing I'm curious is how would the game even handle this stuff. I mean, the dev want to make the girls taller than mountains, A whole building with the picture of a cameo would not even be visible. That would be a challenge by itself.

Anyway, talking about something else, since I gave up on fixing Last Bronx for now, you think Capcom would be desperate enough to add someone like Morrigan do SF V? I mean, they are making that comic crossover and she was already confirmed for MvsCI…

Well Mr. GD, I really hope you are planning to add some /ara/.

No, that would still be doable, but apart from that I have a couple of different plans.

For a start, the main thing I'm thinking of doing is a carnival stage with huge parade balloons and floats. By default, these parade balloons would be of the characters themselves, and I'm in talks with other indie devs to have some of their characters cameo as balloons as well. But kickstarter-backed OCs could also appear. They would all be chosen from a pool of balloons and randomly appear each time the carnival map is loaded.

I'm also thinking of monuments, statues or corporate headquarters that would be permanent fixtures to later stages, that could be rewards for a price.

Who's the Sam Hyde of fighting games?

Yes, actually we have a lewd drunk ara.

first that comes to mind but there's probably better

Daniel Hibillki, of course!

Your taste, it is good. Keep it that way.

Geese Howard. They both keep getting away with it.

Less than a week.
store.steampowered.com/app/586140/

what the fuck

I'm glad I'm still staying on Continuum Shift Extend, I don't really like the bloated roster of literally whos.

Also I can mash C with Jin

Excuse me?

That one rare Arina.

We all had to start one day, welcome to the club, buddy.

Seriously, why is it this big? Was it also this big on consoles or fucked up port?

I wouldn't even buy that digitally for my ps4, since it only has 500gb harddrive, and that's 1/10 of it… Do those people even account their retarded uncompressed shit?!
It can't be defense against piracy, since normal people still have to download it.

Is Sailor Moon a fighting game?

Yes.

Is Juri evil?

Yeah, she worked with S.I.N and still puts her own interests above all else.

Could be debated. She did work for S.I.N. but she was also the driving force behind its demise. And ultimately she wants the same thing the protags want, the end of Shadaloo and Bison. though you wouldnt get that from just SFV because Capcom cant write for shit.

So what happen to SFV Juri? She lost the FSE eye?

So it appears Atlus has registered the p5u.jp domain.

Yeah, then finds a new one somehow.

If you're also Middle Eastern like me, 9/11, downloading 52 gb takes between 2-3 days if you leave your computer open

I thought you guys had good infrastructure from all the oil money

reminder folks, melee is a busted game with a shit scene. also a kinda fixed mains card, hopefully this one isnt as shit as the last ones

Middle East isn't only Saudi Arabia, you know

Just become a rapefugee and walk to Sweden.

He doesn't even have to walk there, he could most likely fly in with a first class flight, tell the Swedes that he's a poor, persecuted, bearded unaccompanied child and Swedes will trip over themselves to help him.

today i will remind them

Gouki loves hitting Cammy's box

What's a good entry level game for scrubs to get into the genre? I've played a couple of fighting games over the years, like Melty Blood, Guilty Gear etc, mostly anime fighters in single player, but I never could get into them. Only game where I had things 'click' was in MK9.

I suppose the obvious answer would be the latest street fighter, but I'm not about to give money to Capcom.

Fuck Capcom, if you're looking for a beginner-friendly fighting game try Garou: Mark of the Wolves. It's very simple to understand.
Get Fightcade and the roms.

Well, since you posted a Jojo pic, you could play Capcom's Jojo fighting game for F R E E on Fightcade. I remember it being pretty simple to get into.

More anti-hero to be fairly accurate. She's not going to be doing some 'Save the Planet' routine or 'Wanting to Rule it' she just looks out for her own interests and herself.

Thats fair. In terms of alignment she'd be more of a Chaotic Neutral to, say, Bison's Lawful Evil.

Diabolical maybe

If you pick S. Dio or other passive stand characters yes, if you pick anything else may god help you

Diabolical hot

Bro just play Hol Horse, Boingo optional.

Please, as if picking any character other than Hol Horse is a correct choice in that game.

Jesus fucking christ. I've got a monthly data cap of 80 GB.

Download the NSA's programs like ENDLESSDONUT and crash your ISP with no survivors.

Have you ever seen a KonEAmi sportsball title when they bug out? Do you want the same to happen during a skill-based game also?

Yes, name it Mud Wrestler and sign a deal with ESPN.

Absolutely based, its a shame araki didnt follow his original plan to have him join the crusaders.

lol no
archive.is/J6zzj

I only have to put up with it for one more year, then I'm moving to a place with better and more ISP options.

SPD me I must be dreaming. Capcom did something remotely right.

Laura with non-godawful hair is never gonna happen though.

Side note for the Eurofags, Rev2 is coming on the same day as in the US - May 26th.

Here's hoping that this costume pack includes more than 1/8th of the cast.

I don't play the game, which character is getting shafted the most for costumes? Is if F.A.N.G?

Yup. Poor bastard didn't even get a Halloween costume. I'm shocked he even got a Story alt. In terms of quality though, I'd have to say Alex. Every one of his costumes looks like hot shit. Honorable mention to Akuma for requiring you to pay for what is essentially his default costume.

you guys are a bunch of cucks, you keep playing this shit game just because of your stupid waifu. This is 100% cucking, capcom fucks your girl, and you still support them.

If I'm not mistaken, every character has, at least, the Story and Battle costumes. Then there's the Nostalgia costumes (Kolin has one, Ibuki and Alex were announced) and themed stuff (X-mas, Halloween, beach, April Fool's that is just school and now work costumes) with the later being sets for 4-5 characters. Cammy and Chun-li also had a special costume for the CPT DLC.
Yeah, I think F.A.N.G got the short end of the stick but might not be only one. I think Birdie also didn't get anything besides the 2 everyone gets.

Goddamn, if only the rest of the game was half as good. And why the fuck does she not have her giddy win pose?

Posting about it on the internet does not mean support

Nigger are you gay? You are sh…
well, can't argue against these, you win

Silly user, it's not supporting when you buy and play their games ironically

the ps3 version downloaded in 40 minutes on my burger internet, it's nowhere near that big

for comparison, tekken 7 is 60 gb

are they still outsourcing all the costume designs to udon?

Welp, here goes another $100

Well, we have a bad guy, and an even badder guy. And horns. I really hate trailer horns. But Brainiac scenario have a Rugal/NESTS style I enjoyed.

Kill yourself.

I never said I bought anything, user.

I wouldn't be surprised, honestly

"esports was a mistake" confirmed understatement of the century
archive.is/3VRB1

The concept art for these seems to be the same as the school themed set and the style doesn't look like any of Capcom's mainstay artists unless Ikeno got hit in the head with a mallet.

I'm in the same boat as you and Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator has been good to me. The online is pretty dead but the Discord has an active community and the tutorial is extremely thorough. You'll be doing 8-hit combos in half an hour and it's extremely rewarding to progress through Mission mode and learn actual situations for real matches and character-specific matchups.

It's only the beginning…

The Nuclear Negro was right again.

well… at least Alex gets a costume
goddamn how many fucking costumes does Chun-li have at this point?

the only reason Melee got as much of a following as it got is because it's the most autistic game on the planet and fills the quota for every sub-genre of autism
I mean, I like playing it but I dare anyone to name a game that's more autistic than Melee.

I know a lot of you guys are probably Americans and you're all cool guys (not being sarcastic) but…
FUCK THE US FIGHTING GAME SCENE

stahp, you're giving them ideas.

I want to laugh like its a joke, but I can't seem to.

You forgot the best part:

HE'S BEEN SAYING IT FOR YEARS.
Always right but preaching to deaf morons. It's quite a cursed existence.

Seven with a unreleased eighth (pic related).
- Story (police uniform)
- Battle (black dress)
- Capcom Pro Tour (dress w/ feather boa)
- Summer
- Red Bull (looks like a Gerudo J-Lo)
- April Fool's (honor student costume)
- OL
- Akiman design (announced)

I'm a cranky Eurofag but this shit really stirs my sprinkles.

I can already see it.

WHY DIDN'T YOU LISTEN Holla Forums?

There are SO many cool guys in the US fighting game scene, the kind of guys I could play casuals against for 8 hours every day and never get sick of it, but it always seems that the personifications of cancer get any significant attention and air time.

You'll probably like Injustice/2 then. It's Mortal Kombat without a block button but with more juggles and stage interactions.

Yeah, it's friendly until you meet Kevin or someone who knows how to do cancels.

If you can say Garou, I can say 3rdStrike. Parry is not essential at low-mid level play. The inputs are really friendly and there's character variety.
For SNK games, I would say KOF'98 and Samurai Shodown II. Real Bout/Special/2 is also pretty fun but a little too strict with the inputs.

Now if is willing to pay. KOFXIV is even better for beginners than '98. It's slower, only has one "groove", the combos are flashy enough and are easier than most games on execution.

Give me Shadow Chie back! I also heard there's a Makoto in P5 with motorcycle Persona. Give her literally SF's Makoto moves and make the persona do CHESTO! and Abare Tosanami and you have me sold.

What you're thinking of is per-pixel collision which turns every possible rectangle into a rectangle hitbox. So it becomes super taxing when character models get more advanced.

there is no proof yet but the modder crestfallen claims Dark Souls 1 used an odd version of per-pixel but they did away with it for the newer games because it was too taxing.

I think it was made before, and better.

this actually looks cool, and I can rep my own job while using it. too bad alex is actual garbage

You're a gay stripper?

How hard is it to become a firefighter if you're a fat dumb autist? Would you recommend it? I live in a place where it seems like it would be a very lucrative career and I don't have any plans for the future or anything

No he's a Magic Mike extra

I'm a wildland firefighter, it pays well, you only work summers, and you only need about a month of training, but it's very psychically taxing, you need to be in shape, start lifting asap, and start running and hiking, if you start working now, you can be in peak performance by next year. Talk to your local firefighters, it's a fulfilling job

no bully >:(

I read that you needed to take at least two years of "fire science" first, or does that not apply to wildland firefighters? Also, I live right down the street from a firehouse, should I just show up and ask them a bunch of questions one day, or would that be weird? Thanks for the info, I appreciate it

I didnt take fire science, but it can help alot, you can climb the ranks alot faster and get into better paying jobs if you take fir science classes, and no, as long as you're not too autistic, showing up and talking with them wouldnt be too weird. Best of luck man.

Thanks, I'm gonna fuckin' need it
I'll stop shitting up your fightan thread now

post em

that garou one is bad and even factually inaccurate, Grant is nothing like Akuma or Karate

stop revealing your Holla Forums powerlevels this is a classic louiepost

Don't be retarded. He would get at least $50,000.

I'll check it out. I should have fightcade on my PC still.

I did try JoJo when someone made threads about it, but those died rather quick and there weren't too many yuropoors playing online, so there wasn't much of a point.

Looks fun, but it's also a bit pricey. Also isn't there a new game coming out soon? Might just hold off and keep my eyes on that if I do decide to give it a shot.

Why is it dead, isn't it a fairly new game? Did SFV grab all the players away?

I'll think about it. I'm not too fond of paying full price for video games and I don't care much for DC characters, but I did like the way Mortal Kombat did combos. I think it was something about being able to make the presses without having to worry too much about timing. That probably sounds incredibly casual, but it felt good while playing.

I'll try the suggested games that are free right now and probably wait it out til I decide to fork over some cash or not. Thanks.

It takes a very big game to hold onto an online population big enough for 24/7 matchmaking and Xrd isn't that big, unfortunately.

Go swimming nigger, do weights, boxing if there's a gym near you that's within cost

OK, so it's confirmed the armor is cosmetic in competitive. Great!

if this game had a better art style, I'd be super excited for it. Right now I'm following it, but it isn't something I'm pumped about. the models look alot better though

Well, aside from Injustice2, the first one and MKXL are obvious recommendations. Pray for the update announced ages ago for Fightcade that will add more games like UMK3 arrive soon.

But if your problem are "links" in combos, you should know that this more of a Street Fighter problem/characteristic and Seth Killian's hardon for some reason in SFIV. KOF usually has a big gap to do your inputs after the first hit aside from cancels of some characters of certain games (like 2002(UM) and XIII) and really specific cases, KOF usually follows the Normal->Command->Special/Super flow of combos (you can supercancel specials from '99 on). '98 have shorter combos overall so I still recommend that one. Garou is also pretty lenient on inputs and combos but the system makes the game much deeper than it looks like aside from the throw bug, that's a good thing. Samurai Shodown II is more focused on pokes and damage and less on combos.

Still, I have to tell you that it's much more important to know when to land your hits or combo starters than knowing the combo itself. Be it on Mortal Kombat, Injustice, Xrd, KOF or other games. Learn a short bnb and work to land it in all your matches.

Also about Xrd players, animefighters while already have lower number in playerbase, the community prioritizes consoles more and usually jump to the newer game asap. Rev2 is coming next month, so you should wait a little. I think animefighters and Street Fighter are too different for one to "grab players away".

The guy who made this doesn't know Kevin at all.

I still don't like how Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing "fights". It's a little "out of character". Scarecrow was genius even if doesn't make sense against Braniac.

okay, so I'll go back to finishing this.

I think rather than wasting my life learning art for years, I'll rather make my dream game comes to life, even if some people wont like my art or art style.

But, hey! better finish my game rather than keep working on improving my art and never finishing it.

here you go

This was clearly made by a salty smashfag
fuck shitty ass main template posts anyways

Do it today, user. If you put stuff off you'll just forget about it later on.

What you don't seem to understand is that having lackluster artwork can seriously hurt your game. No one will want to play it if the actions of the characters are stiff and poorly conveyed. You may want to consider hiring a competent artist if you really want to make the game but your art isn't up to snuff.

Out of curosity are any of the jojo fightans outside of HftF any good?

All Star Battle needs 60fps and some other bare mechanical changes to be good but not much otherwise.
Eyes of Heaven is standard cheap anime battle arena shovelware.

They ranges from alright to shit

Why is this general bleeding so much to the catalog? I saw about 5 or 6 threads about fighting games in catalog in the past few days

people who dont know shit want like-minded people to agree with them instead of being humiliated by people that actually know their shit.

You should ask the retards making those threads, not here.

I'm going to Dublin today for a Tekken 7 tournament tomorrow. I haven't properly sat down to play tekken in nearly a year so I'm just going for fun. Wish me luck either way.

Are you going to play Drag? From what I heard from a friend he's pretty braindead in Tekken 7 so you shouldn't have much trouble I guess, against lesser experienced players at least

I might. A fellow tekken player whose better than me said I should since he thinks I'm strongest with him. Even though I wanted to play as Kazuya since he strong, reliable and mid EWGF craziness in devil mode.

I guess I'll decide on the day and hopefully have a chance to play a bit of both before being matched up in the tourny. I'm just paranoid I won't be able to CDC with dragunov since i'm so out of practice.

I don't know how is Kazuya in Tekken 7, we haven't talked about him, I'd assume you'd be even worse with him if you're out of practice. I remember that he said Dragunov, Bryan and Leo were one of the best characters in the game(with Chloe being the worst, but not as bad as Angel and Dr. B were in TTT2) when we talked though, so if you're good with these characters you can also try them I think

Good luck, may trooper roll guide your way.

Green Skin Breakdown

Leather Lover Breakdown

Cancer.

has aquaman gotten a breakdown yet?

Thanks for the informative post m8.

is better than shit like OPM and AoT and that doesn't stop people from liking it.

also, is much better than the style I'm trying to copy.

I've gotten people to say they like the style, mostly normalfags.

but I have seen that a lot of people wont care, and always there will be a minority of people complaining.

better finish it and hope people like it that wasting more years waiting for something.

Jokes, by M$

I still think that is a disgrace, that the Killer Instnct IP went to microjew.

I'm going to start a new youtube channel to upload gameplay of fighting games.
What'd you think?

Not yet.

Seems like the first two seasons were really good, just the third one went downhill.

That's hillarious.
I'm still never gonna play the game

wew.simbly wew.

NRA Member Breakdown

I hate injustice, the first one was crap and the second one looks trashy too.

i only get the "Couldn't intialise 'DirectDraw7 / Direct3D7 Enhanced video output' module." error when trying to start ggpo. wut do.

brand new here. friend of mine linked me here today. originally a /vg/ fag

No long-hair purple skin Catwoman skin…

I wonder how Nadeshiko would play in comparison to Mika. And how Mika would tag.

Too early to know that. Even the first one got many skins with time.

We've got some newish Enkidu pictures now.

archive.fo/Jiet9
shoryuken (dot) com/2017/04/21/new-under-night-in-birth-exelatest-screenshots-showcase-story-challenge-modes-and-enkidu/

He kinda looks like Mukai appareance-wise.

Big Pants and Bare Torsos are back in now.

Any word on balance changes? I'm curious how much they're gonna nerf Gordeau

If you want some ancient tier lists circa late 2015 (still [st] though), and later in 2016:

archive.fo/7MyPW
dustloop (dot) com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/12035-unist-tier-list

I kind of wanted to see Filia in this game…

what changes made that happen?

Not 100% related, but this is looking interesting…

I can't find most of the changes, honestly.

Why do you keep posting? Your "animation" is shit and you are being a faggot by trying to copy other people's shit. Kill yourself.

How would you guys bully Filia?

Why should he? He's a selfish dick, and worked with a guy who not only raped and killed Polnareff's sister, but was also close to killing Avdol. If anything, Hol Horse should have had more appearances, trying to go after Jotaro and the other Jojos.

When's Mahvel 4?

kek

Well, you know that pat her head would be a problem.
I would put her in some other fighting games. I mean, Lab Zero is so full of retards that they could't make Filia appear in more games, even when George Kamitani and the UNiEL artist.

Good job buddy.

I don't do any of those normalfag things, I'm sorry.

No you're much worse.

which fighting games did you try? Also, this is reddit mentality. Are you also going to ask for noob characters in game so you can have a easier time playing?

top shitpost

I'm more of a Painwheel fan.
I will also mourn Scythana forever.

Go single player then. I did that and I can enjoy fightans without crying how I could not gitgud.

one thing you can do is play zoners/ play defensively and study what your opponent does to get in and open you up. you will lose frequently in the beginning, so make the most of those losses and use them as an opportunity to learn from someone who is better than you.
also save & study your replays, find the moments in the match where you break or get into situations that you don't understand and get rid of those weaknesses.

fucking frenchbread vatista dindu nuffin

woah where's this v discord server?

Yes

eLeague off-screen > SFV gameplay
sigh

It's just funny because last time I played UNIEL with humans they whined about Orie being overpowered when they were using Eltnum and Gordeau.

No one ever's mad about people who stick with a character through buffs and nerfs (especially nerfs,) just bandwagon tier whores and The Netplay Gordeau Special.

those people were very silly

moves could whiff because of idle animations or flair

Here y'are.

I don't like using Discord either, but you're fucking dumb.

Update/fix your DirectX or twitter.com/FightCade/status/772999982538424320

No Virtua Fighter? Weird.

Play Fukua. She's a better Fillia anyway.

You can ask for help, post your replays, ask for people at the same level as you to fight, you know, simple stuff.

Your welcome. Glad to help on most SNK games and 3rdStrike. While I like P4U, AH3 and Blazblue, I suck pretty bad on them

While I agree that you should study more how sprites works during animations, lightning and other stuff, yeah, it's better to finish something than never doing anything. Also there are better places to receive advice on actual spritework.

Well the main games for the actual EVO japan haven't been announced, so it might end up there

latest Fatal Fury Special mikado is legit fun to watch
too ahead of it's time

discord.gg/xrkJm Holla ForumsFGC discord server.

I think it could be interesting.

It's taking mechanics and moves from broken but hype fighting games so yes.

Right there with you brother

News on PC Last Bronx

Great acquisition.
I will post a link for the game soon.

Updated

I think all the people that rooted for her in the first place were probably freaks, but I have considered that a larger sized character in SG would have to be breddy gud just in a mechanical sense. Bigger characters have bigger (guts) normals, damage, and take up more space so they're easier to hit.

I was 25% into her for the waifu. 75% into her because she would bring new mechanics like using bodies, and a large character would be fun.

She would've been an interesting big character, Mr. Full House.

I hate Skullgirls.

As someone who loves giant women people keep pointing me to Scythana because she's a giant lady character that "almost got in", yet there is absolutely nothing that appeals to me about her design.

This looks great so far

Maybe she would look much better with a more messy hair. I agree.

That's the point. In fact, I would make her look even more "aggressive". She was supposed to be more monster-like than the other girls.

They stated that she could enlarge her member and grow muscles whenever she needed, basically like Painwheel Maybe they could say that PW got that power from Scythana's race. mixing with the Skullgirl blood, I think.

They said her race is prone to violence and many work are mercenaries. Frankly she looks much better than most "girls with attitude" since she does not have a half cut hair or dreads, she is just blond, no other colors, no piercings and no tattoos. And she is CLEARLY based on Cody, including backstory, looks and the fact that she was supposed to use other girls bodies as weapons.
You don't have to like her, but your reasons are not good.

Indeed it does. Even more for what looks like a Mugen game.

twitter.com/Shini_Zack/status/855234388627304448
Well at least you don't have to download 50 GB. Still how the fuck do you manage this?

What the fuck? I didn't post those duplicates

What the fuck? I didn't post those duplicates

He also said that 40% of this is sounds. How? FLACs or some shit? Even if that's the case, that still seems like a lot. I mean, Revelator as a whole is 10GBs. CPE is also ~10 GBs.

I wonder what tracks Centralfiction's original soundtrack contains. If it's the "BlazBlue Song Interlude III" and nothing else like Steam's picture for ants implies then it's fucking worthless. It doesn't even have MUST DIE.

What would you say is the easier fighting game to learn? Melty Blood or UNIEL?

Did I hear something about an arcade rip for latest BlazBlue or am I taking crazy pills?

Kind of curious about the series but I've never tried. Older games are on sale on steam but whats the point?

UNIEL

Both are pretty easy to get into. I find UNIEL more fun, but Melty has a more active community.

Are those really skullgirls hitboxes?
Nigga you don't need that many

Melty also has the option of being free. I haven't heard good things about the steam release.

Yeah, it gets a little silly at times.

look at this fucking shit
MikeZ what are you on?

Ok, there was more than I thought.

Man, the Chinese are really trying turn SNK into Asian marvel

BIG FAT HITBOX TATS

In fairness, China loves them and it supports the theory of the CEO that bought SNK being a crazy fanboy.

That sounds like something that would end up being shit, but I want it to be good. Can you just imagine the potential?

There was already a KoF anime. It was shit.
There was also Art of Fighting, Fatal Fury and Samurai Shodown animes. The Fatal Fury one was the best SNK related anime

Figures.

posts an Street fighter "Ken Mr. Fuck My shit up" 5 character.

I don't give a fuck about her backstory reasons for being ugly and badly drawn, the point is she's ugly and badly drawn, And I'm aware that like many other things in the game, much of her design is blatantly and shamelessly copied from something that already exists somewhere else. And this is another reason why Skullgirls fucking sucks. They have more expies and outside references than they have original ideas.

It doesn't help that their waifu selection is ugly as sin.

I deleted my post so I could edit it. But that's not one thing I'm changing. Laura is the one good thing about SF5.

How long ago did you decide to cut your dick off?

In all fairness, most of the cast is fairly original. It wasn't until we got the DLC characters that things got pretty blatant and it was mostly Big Band having Third Strike parry mechanics, All of the memes in Beowulf, and in general the memes in character move names.

At the very least you can call similarities for the IGG cast because some designs looked fairly derivative. On the other hand fighting games have been around so long that you can just describe characters in terms of other characters because at some point the idea has been done. For example Scythana = Cody + Dhalsim from what she's described as.

On the other hand it's not like the playable cast is unoriginal because you have flight characters but not many like Painwheel because flight is not her only gimmick. Hatred Guard & Install are unique to her. Filia is a shoto with some very unique zoning tools and combo structures. Parasoul has no direct equivalent in any game, closest is probly Guile from Street Fighter and even then it's only because Sonic Boom and his vertical charge move look similar to Tear Drop + Napalm Charge. Everything else is unique to her.

Is there a KoF Discord? I wanna find people to play 98UMFE with.

Yeah, no.

She's a spicy latina who loves to torment her younger brother. And even if what you said were true at least she's not a suicide bomber.

Back to SA you go, goon

I farted and the moment I smelled my fart, I saw this picture. Now I have a whyboner.

I didn't say gameplay mattered to boner, I mean she is large, malignant tumour on an already bad game.

Mai is doing lewd right as well, and that's mainly because she's not shit in every other aspect. Laura feels like she's only lewd because her designers wanted her to be, the ass pants are dumb as fuck. I liked the concept homeless looking girl ripping clothes as she fights better, since at least there's some rhyme to it.

How long ago did you decide to infect yours with South American crotch flames?

Yeah ok.

Let's see. You have a character named Filia who attacks by morphing her hair into stuff… hmm… Filia… hair attacks… something sounds familiar here… oh that's right, Millia. In addition to that, you have a character who is literally Dot Warner, a character who is literally Jessica Rabbit, a character who is literally egyptian I-No, and a ninja nurse who, while not being an expy of anyone in particular, is so fucking generic that she might as well be stolen from a "how to draw manga" book. Tell any artist to draw a sexy nurse, and then tell them to give her anime hair. Ta-da, they just drew Valentine. Her design is so bereft of imagination that it might as well be a ripoff of something else.

Pretty sure MU-12 from Blazblue had a similar gimmick two years prior to Skullgirls' release. But on top of that, trap zoning characters have exited in lots of games. What about Trish and Dr. Strange from UMVC3, or Naoto from P4A? They have similar mechanics.

You brought it up in the context of me saying I liked her character design. I don't even play SF5 so I don't know why you'd assume that gameplay would be relevant to me liking the character. Any idiot could take your comments on Laura and apply them to Mai, in fact many people from the GJP list have probably already done so. Try to be aware of the shit you're saying.

have you considered that you just have shit taste

Someone post how much of the SG kickstarter money went into fucking hitboxes.

Did they send the dev build or something?

pic related

wew

If the shoe fits, faggot.

Aside from using hair and the name not much is similar to the two. Fillia is more of a Ryu style shoto character. Milia is her own brand of rushdown.

This is aesthetics, are you only looking at that and not mechanics?

Eliza is a DLC character and I freely admit their concepts and designs are more derivative than the OG cast. Or at least more obviously mechanically derivative than the OG cast and Squigly. I blame the different development time on why the DLC characters feel like the way they do. Having been on the forums I noticed that the devs were rushing a lot more so you saw a lot more "throw in anything" mechanics and Eliza suffered the worst from it because her original idea was scrapped for various reasons but Sekhmet was not as fleshed out as she felt like she should have been. Beowulf just got a little of everything and I'm still not sure how I feel about him because his grappling works, but I think Hype is underutilized.

I won't argue, Sexy nurse is a rote idea in this day and age and she checks a lot of boxes.

She's not really like Mu at all. May needs projectiles to route her lazers, Skullgirls also came out the same year as P4A and Parasoul had been in the alpha for years.

So what you are really noticing is that like I said
You can take any fighting game nowadays and describe characters in terms of previous games. You're still right about the visual design of the characters being derivative I won't argue that at all. But mechanically even if one or two mechanics are shared with another game, I don't think any characters are purely derivative.

Eliza for example has Sekhmet which I-no has no equivalent with. Likewise Eliza has a different structure to I-No who is more of a zoner with some gap closers.

So what's the opinion on Hyper DBZ? As far as I can tell, there's no real netplay solution, which is pretty disappointing.

For some reason, the Gordeau MU is my favorite even though Orie-Gord is like 4-6 at best.

South Florida showed up at Mikado to prepare for KSB and Nage hasn't lost a round yet.

Update: Nage lost a round.

which do you like more, blocking or jumping?

Raw supers.

You don't like SKG, we get it. But your reasoning is not very good.
You could say Millia rips Sindel. It would be true by your logic. And you are forgetting that both girls are based in the same japanese legend. But Filia is more literal.
And not only that, many designs from games like GG, SF e KoF are almost copies from comics and movies. This is something common in every media.
And since this all starded because of Scythana, I curious, what would you change in her to make her "better"? How your Scythana would look like and "act"?

It looks like many people want Kazuma for Tekken 7. Why didn't Sega ever use him in VF?

Because Yakuza wasn't as massively as popular as it is now when VF4/VF5 came out.
I can see them adding him and maybe Ryo Hazuki as guest characters if they ever do a VF6 since both series have a bigger brand recognition than VF now

I'm sorry if I've been living under a rock, but since when is Shenmue bigger than VF now?

Since VF is dead everywhere outside of japan and Shenmue 3 got $6,333,295 on kickstarter/a Shenmue HD collection is all but officially announced

Wait there a minute, Shenmue 3? 6 gorrilion on Kikestarter? How the fuck did I miss all of this?

Weren't Shenmue and VF also supposed to be connected in one way?

It's must have been very cozy under than rock because that Kickstarter was plastered everywhere, it was announced at Sony's E3 2015

Shenmue started out as a VF RPG, that's about it I think outside of there being small hints that they take place in the same universe

Sure has, my man. Also I don't watch the E3s.

Outside of them being based on the same combat system I don't think so, I remember VF only being referred to as a videogame within Shenmue and not them being in the same universe, I could remember wrong though.

Yes. That's all I've been discussing from the very beginning. I don't care about how they play in-game since I'm not interested in playing Skullgirls, and the main reason for that is because I'm not interested in their overly derivative character designs. A huge part of what gets me and other people interested in a game is how its characters look, so it's not this frivolous thing that you keep insinuating it to be.

I agree that gameplay-wise none of the characters are purely derivative, they're mostly just really boring and don't seem to have any particularly interesting abilities, even if some of them are "unique" as you say. But I am for the most part just looking at them aesthetically and their aesthetics are horribly unoriginal and uninteresting.

Bull, fucking, shit. I hate it when morons use that excuse, "everything is derived from something else". It's not true AT ALL and in fact people use this as a crutch to justify being unoriginal. Is it really such a stretch of the imagination to say that Alex Ahad, who is known for being a massive weeb, based Filia's concept at least partially around Millia? Millia outdates Filia by a decade and a half. Considering all the other derivation seen in Skullgirls it would not at all be surprising to say that Filia is at least somewhat based on Millia, especially when you consider how similar their animations are; even if they don't play anything like each other the similarities are quite clear.

Neither of these characters plays anything like Sindel, because Sindel does not shapeshift her hair into other objects. The only attack she has with her hair is a command grapple. Filia and Millia both make their hair change into various pointy weapons.

Well I'm already making my own fighting game so I already have characters who would be my "ideal" version of a huge lady, such as pic related (she's a character from my game).

But if I had to change Scythana, I would give her a pretty face, let her hair down, and thicken her up quite a lot. I would remove all references to Cody Travers and give her a more unique design. In essence I'd try to make her look like a Vanillaware muscle girl.

Why the fuck not?

Yeah, seriously. Who doesn't watch E3? Whether it's because you're legit excited for new game announcements or just want to see massive fuck-ups, you're guaranteed a great time.

I just end up disappointed.

Dude, you missed out. E3 2015 was fucking theatre:
Obviously these games will never live up to the hype but that weekend of glee is better than any vice I can imagine.

It's a joy that only video games can bring.

I remember looking at the Kickstarter page two seconds after it went live and it already had $400 pledged. What a time to be alive.

Don't really care much about SG but Filia played very differently in the pre-Kike Z stages of the project so it wouldn't surprise me if the game becoming a referencefest is from the rest of the group. Judging by how Mike liked to occasionally mention that he whipped Ahad into submission, it's not that far-fetched.
If anything, I'd say Filia rips off Morrigan more (DS and Pocket Fighter versions).

2P Cham-Cham on steroids :^)

That I agree and salute.

So you're telling me it would've been better if Mike Z hadn't joined? I don't know who's culpable for this but if anything I'd say Ahad is more to blame for being so easy to manipulate.

Don't you :^) me you bastard. I see her resemblance to Cham Cham, I guess, but it wasn't intentional.

I never said everything is derivative. I said both Millia and Filia have been based in characters, like Sindel, and myths, in this case the futakuchi-ona, that predates both games, and are similar.
And you know you can creat great characters that are based on others, like Benimaru/Polnareff, Clark&Ralf/Arnold&Stallone, Lei/Jackie, Balrog/Tyson and many others.
And hey, are you calling me a moron? C'mon…

So, you would make her a copy of another character? Not a big change.
I would probably give her a different skin, more beastly eyes, a bigger build and, make her a body that would be a mix between a gorilla, a lizard and a human. One good thing about Skullgirls is how they allow some really crazy shit to appear in comparison to other games.

Calm down sport. Nobody insinuated anything. I just wasn't sure if your gripe was purely visual because anywhere I go people also complain about derived mechanics. Scythana in particular is both visually similar to an established character and mechanically similar on paper to at least 2.

Meh, now this I can't agree with. I can only say that compared to my main fighting game Guilty Gear. SG doesn't have any completely insane mechanical characters. Maybe squiggly and pinwheel count but I was holding out for some IGG characters to get in the vote to add some more variety.

Difficult to say. The very early stages looked primo kusoge. For what it is, Mike joining helped making a somewhat mechanically sound game that looks great as far as indie fighters go but some of the project's aesthetic integrity seemed to get lost in the mix. At some points you can easily tell that there's ideas coming from several people (Eliza's development was very open about that).
I'd wager all the FG reference pandering (palettes, moves, etc) were put at Mike Z's behest because he thought FGC-sempai would notice SG-chan now that we have male characters with SF mechanics and moves.

He was just happy to have his game made. Even if it meant surgically removing his spine.

:^(

I'm not calling you a moron, I'm saying that's an excuse used by morons.

Sure, but you have to be careful about it. There's a blurry line between ripoff and homage. One can easily become the other, and in Skullgirls they weren't the least bit subtle about it.

No…? She wouldn't be a copy of any specific character, I'd just make her appear thicker like a character designed by them.

Sorry, did you meant to say you can agree with it? Or you can't? I'm getting mixed messages here.

Yeah, that's dumb. What happened to just making a fighting game stand on its own merits instead of having to fill it with dated memes and outside references for all the 09ers to get a kick out of? This is what happens when CalArts people design games.

Part of my message either got deleted or I'm an idiot. What I meant to say is that what I consider boring in a fighting game isn't what I will say is in Skullgirls because if I look at the game from the perspective of Marvel vs. Capcom which is the primary inspiration for a lot of the mechanics the characters are fairly fun. The belief I've always had about Marvel versus Capcom characters is that since they are built to be in teams the variety of their gimmicks expression is limited because your team supposed to have an overall Synergy that everybody fits into. Having a character with tons of options will impede your ability to fit them into a particular rule without wanting to rely on them almost exclusively. Which is an interesting design decision because Skullgirls gives you the option to play solo characters so they have to find a balance between which characters have lots of options and which characters have relatively few options.

But coming from a Guilty Gear background where characters are meant to be solo and they are gimmicks are more varied and represented: none of the characters really stack up to what I think is "exciting"

So basically the characters in Skullgirls are not boring but I really wanted some more variety in what is presented because the game has a good base of characters, but it is missing some of the archetypes that I feel every fighting game should have at the very least for variety sake. Personally I like resource base characters and this game only has two maybe three.

They also still don't have a puppet character and even though I've never been good with that particular archetype there was an idea presented within the fundraising campaign that I feel would have really added something to the game. And really that's all I want from SG going to the Future. A way to distinguish itself from its Marvel vs. Capcom roots.

Aesthetically speaking, not really. At least not with the first 8 characters. MVC had massive screen filling lasers, characters who sent you flying across the screen with a tsunami of rocks or magnetic pulses, a character who summoned a giant robot for his supers, characters who filled the screen with hails of ice, cactus men who turned into a giant spiralling vine of thorns, a monkey girl who turned into a fire-breathing monster ape… what did the first 8 Skullgirls have that even eclipsed that? Nothing. While they added a robot version of their catgirl later who had a big laser super, it was too little, too late.

Personally I would never play a Marvel vs. Capcom game if it wasn't for the Marvel and Capcom characters. Without it it's just an unfun mess that doesn't capture any of the things I like about fighting games. I hate it when combos and resets are the focus of a fighting game, it doesn't allow for anything else like mindgames, spacing, footsies and powerful command grabs. Without the star quality of the Marvel/Capcom characters the game has nothing. The gameplay style of MVC2 does nothing for me, if it wasn't for the characters I wouldn't be playing the series at all.

I think if SG were designed as a 1-vs-1 fighter it would've been a much better game.

((((Nintendo)))) does it again.

Frankly, it don't need to have because, for better or worse, while it's based on MvsC, it's not in the same "scope". The fights happen in a much more concise way, and even with the use of teams with two or three members, the fights fit more the idea of 2-on-2 tag teams. This is similar to the Versus series prior to MvsC 2, and that's important because that game really changed the Vs. rules quite a bit. Just look at Tatsunoko vs Capcom in comparison to MvsC 3. One is more MvsC while the other is more MvsC 2.

Well, maybe because plenty of the characters in MvsC were not in fighting games, or would be in very different fighting games. That's a very difficult position to put Skullgirls. It would be better to compare it to something like XMEN COTA, Marvel Super Heroes, or games with Tag on it, but made out of characters from one franchise and made for those mechanics, like Rival Schools, DOA, KOF 2003, Kizuna Encounter. MvsC 2 and CvsS 2 worked so well because the were huge amalgamation of so many iterations of characters and mechanics.
But I can't really see Skullgirls going much further now. LabZero is not looking like it have much future, so, maybe, Skullgirls might be a "one time only" endeavor.

Pic related is the puppet character I wanted to win. He was supposed to have a "stand off/Stand On" mode where he could have the puppet attached to him or independant and the masked man would be your Punch inputs while Muse (the Puppet) would be your Kicks. Interesting idea that I haven't seen anywhere but maybe Zappa from Guilty gear where his Ghosts are his S/HS inputs while his main body are P/K/D.

Nothing in the effects department, but I think that the game has a much more consistent visual design to it in terms of animations, and aside from Filia, a roster of characters that I don't get bored watching. Zero, Wesker, Magneto, and a whole lot of MvC characters seem like I should be interested to watch these high flying combos but there isn't much personality that I read from thieir animations. SG on the other hand has some pretty well done animations that give me a solid feel for the characters and the weight of attacks. Comparable to Dark Stalkers which makes sense since the animators drew techniques from that game.

I used to think this, but I have come to the opinion that the game has a pretty decent solo vs Team structure mechanically, but I have to admit that I'll always be at a disadvantage in this setup since I main solo.
However, 1v1 skullgirls is really fun right now, I just also notice the characters that aren't as fleshed out as others, like Double who is almost permanently an anchor character while Beowulf and Parasoul fair very well on Solos because of their options.

Played this game for the first time last month and fuck this game and all the fullscreen hitboxes.

It's a crime that this game has never received more love. It's the best VS game I've played and the roster was godlike. Polimar/Ippatsuman represent.

First time I've even bothered to listen to any of KoF's intros. While that sucks I wouldn't be buying it regardless because I can get it for free or have other options.

Nobody outside their circle of sycophants gives a shit about 'Brown Girl Adventure' and those already paid for it. They're as good as dead.

I think it's changed because it's based on the The King Of Fighters: The Orochi Saga version of 98 that was censored, not because of Nintendo.
It's been awhile since I played the collection tho, I now it was censored for sure

Where my big girls at?

Doomed, are they? Now I kinda hope my game helps deliver the finishing blow.

I got you fam.

Thank you

is there a way to see how many active players there are online for games?

I would rather play something active to some degree then figure out " i really like this game " then take time to learn it only to find out the rare chance i can go online to play, its dead.

Bald Baddies!

if it's on steam, it has stats
fightcade has player counts next to games

The fuck?

Not all game related, but why not.

The Dreamcancel group: discord.gg/TwDJA
There is a "more general" KOF discord group with rooms for different games but I can't generate an invitation. But I see Desmond is an admin on both groups so, maybe ask there for one.

MikeZ was the GG/3rdStrike fan and I think every nitpick on how the characters would play came from him. Like the other user said, both Milia and Filia came from the same legend.

Also, while Ahad might had the dream of his life coming true with having his ideas being made into a game, he's probably the one who was the most hurt knowing the game won't ever be complete by adding characters like Beowulf and Eliza instead of the original planned ones.

What is Ms.Fortune then? Even if is a more limited version of Lieselotte from Arcana Heart, she's fun.

By the way, even with some questionable designs I think they nailed with Cerebella. She's one of the most fun grapplers I ever played. And I like the ideas behind Squiggly's gameplan even if I don't play her (Painwheel too).

Also, wasn't Big Band, Panzerfaust and Umbrella part of the original characters? So male characters were planned from the start.

Honestly, I heard this before so many times, I wonder why they never released anything for a Nintendo system considering they're always at the same status.
I didn't back Indivisible but if the game is good when they release, I might get it or at least on a sale. The demo was a little confusing.

The widescreen ratio triggers me more than a silent OP for '98.

The fuck?

I think the Character vote was a smart move financially because voting incentivised more people to contribute o the funds. But on the other hand at least one of those pre selected slots should have been for either Marie, Black Dahlia, or Umbrella since those were the canon characters. We could have forgone Big Band and instead done Marie and two votes and I would be happier with the finished SG than I am now. As it stands Eliza is a solid character although I think in a SG2, Sekhmet should have her own meter and a wider moveset and I need to really put in some lab time with Beowulf so I can figure out where I stand with him.

>What is Ms.Fortune then?
Ms. Fortune is to Zappa, as any puppet character is to Eddie. Basically she can do the role of Puppet but it's like the discount version and with all the nerf to Head-off you don't really see it nowadays.

Oh, damn. Now I feel bad for Ahad. The game wouldn't be the mess it is now if it wasn't for Zaimont and his team of CalArts Cronies.

Still, it's kind of his own fault for not getting any bass in his voice and putting his foot down on the characters. They only needed to leave one slot open to votes, not two. This is why you should only go so far with peoples' feedback, because creative differences will inevitably arise.

This is another point entirely. They wouldn't have needed so much money to make their game if they had developed more efficiently. I read somewhere that they hold the record for highest amount of unique animation frames in a fighting game. That's where all the money is going. Not towards more characters, more story mode content or anything actually important, but instead towards giving 6 gorillion frames of animation to Filia's bloated ass cheeks.

They could've had like four more characters if they would just cut back on the animation fidelity, but no, they want to show off. Just like Filia's diet, the game's full of fat.

NEWTHREAD