Terraria thread

Server when? -edition.
1.3.5 came out of nowhere

There's also some hints for future updates, sounds like they're planning some big stuff.

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/pc-1-3-5-is-live.56657/

Other urls found in this thread:

terraria.gamepedia.com/1.3.5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How is Terraria still the only game that gets consistent content and updates and doesnt fuck it up?
Most companies would charge $15 for the stuff Terraria puts out and most other developers fuck up a game when they do constant updates like Terraria.

TERRARIA OTHERWORLD WHEN

About fucking time.

All I need to do is kill the Moon Lord, but I might have to cheese it.

just reposting this fan-bosses out of boredom

i forgot the others

it'd be neat to see something like these in Otherworld/Terraria 2

I keep hoping the Terraria modding scene makes something balanced- like an alternate to the Hallow for worlds.

I really like the ledge head beast. I'm a huge fan of enemies that blend into the environment. Pics related.

Terraria will always be my favorite autism block game.

I've heard Terraria's codebase is a huge mess so it's not easy to mod.

I'd like someone to document it properly to help modders create stuff, I'm sort of interested myself too but can't be bothered to reverse engineer the game. I want to make this kind of game myself so I'd love to experiment with my ideas in Terraria.

I'm actually happy that there isn't that many mods If any for terraria. if it had good mod support the game would be overrunned with degenerate shit and that would make the game into another autistic gary's mod just like minecraft and starbound.

Starbound is perfect for furry degeneracy, and Terraria is good if you want to do literally anything else
Its a good balance

In theory, that sounds good, but let's look at the last update. It was shit. No one liked it. How shit was it? It was so shit, they stopped developing Otherworld, and gave it to a new dev group. They need to stop messing with Terraria and get Otherworld or T2 finished.

They were never developing Overworld themselves. It was always being developed out of house their work at on Terraria has no effect on Otherworld.
Terraria 2 hasn't even been started. It's not even the next game that Red was planning on developing.

Semantics. The last update they did, had a wave based system. It was shit. So shit, the last devs they had working on Otherworld were ousted, and then given to some other dev. Look at the thread so far, faggot. The only person asking for a server is OP. Fucking all of Holla Forums has played this game to death. Red needs to stop fucking around and "polishing" terraria and get his lazy ass to work on T2 or Otherworld.

Seriously. Who the fuck cares if there are two new dev armor sets and more furniture?

Do those madmen ever stop. Damn

he needs to fix the bosses

Why the fuck are you so angry?
Where are you getting this from Relogic was never the primary developer of Otherworld and Engine Software had nothing to do with the development of the PC version of Terraria. Besides Otherworld had been delayed long before 1.3.4. It was originally going to be released in 2015.

Me for one. I'm still hoping for bamboo and dynasty wood armor and weapons.

I wouldn't mind trying to play with Holla Forums again. is there a thing for modded severs or something?

I wonder what the plan with Terraria 2 is or if it's even a thing anymore. It seems like Red's plans have changed a lot, he even came back to work on Terraria after he said he'd quit. It sounded like he had a lot of plans for T2 too. Now it sounds like they have big plans for Terraria, not to mention redoing Otherworld.

This update isn't very interesting gameplay wise, but I've been wanting to play with a bunch of anons again for a while now. Even after you've played it to death, server autism is still fun every now and then. There's a bunch of new furniture too which can be fun for a server if you get building type people, and some people have been suggesting a modded server.

Modded servers go against the inherent anarchy that makes Holla Forums servers fun. While yes some level of moderation is needed most solutions went full no-fun allowed, and then there are the faggot servers who think HARDCORE ONLY BAN UPON DEATH is tolerable.

I think he meant modded as in modified

Most mods gut out multiplayer for some reason or another.
I don't know if things have changed in the last 6 months but I think all of the big mods still lack multiplayer.

I would love to see a Holla Forums multiplayer adventure map.

The communal house was nice though.

The communial home was also cheated in by the server owner, and was functionally commieblox when you get down to it.
Progress on that server moved at a snails pace due to the fact that after dying like 3 times and waiting for the server owner to unban everyone, people got burned out and the server didn't even get to Hardmode.

Will he make the early game finally fun

terraria.gamepedia.com/1.3.5
What did he mean by this?

This better not break any of my autistic auto farms.

I hate this so much.
Once I tried modding, and made a fun little way to craft "black powder" out of early shit, so you could get a good supply of ammo and explosives early. It was pretty tight.

It's too late comrade.

depends really twice i've seen Holla Forums servers have people pretty much play thru the night to get thru dungeon and or start getting ready for wall. while others who just hop in for a few mins don't get free shit handed to them and come back the next day going like wtf Guys why are we in hard mode already.

i mean the other case is wait for everyone to get on then everyone moving as a pack but everyone is greedy as fuck and wants chest and loot for themselves instead of sharing.

it would help if the bosses NEEDED more then one person to do

This has been my average terraria experience with most everyone I've played with, even my closest friends.

Git gud.
I'm not going to slow down just because someone doesn't know how to use a fishing rod.

less about gittung gud and more so that the game has multiplayer but isn't balanced for it

Yeah if multiplayer rebalanced the bosses so that they would just fuck your ass if you tried to solo them might help.

I've been on Holla Forums servers where I played through the night and still half of the players outpaced me and the others and rushed through the game.

it would take alot of work and amount to having two completely different versions of the game

The most important change this update is that the Goblin is no longer a manlet. The Mechanic is about to have a real great time.

The fisherboy is lame

I always just forced him into an ambiguous name and think of him as a loli.

please don't tell me they fixed infinite water or that one fishing bug, where you can throw down multiple lines at once

I think they said at some point that they don't plan to fix infinite water/lava/honey and only fix exploits that cheese the game

Cuntboys are grand

I bet you've never even seen a good liquid duplicator. It's tons of fun to make. I used to make them in the earlier days of these threads and post pics of flooding the servers with the admins permission (usually), I posted lots of pics but I lost my hard drive so it's all gone

Also anything to make the angler quests less grindy shit is an improvement in my book. I spent 3 weeks grinding for the sponge before I finally got it. Not worth.

Any of these yours?

This. I like that the game has been improved so much and the proper localization is cool, but for fuck's sake. It'd be nice to play Otherworld this decade. Anyway, if Red isn't even developing it who's to say it won't be shit? I'm practically asking to pay the guy for goods.

Last 2 are. Thanks user.

I have a few more.

I'm not sure if that last one is one of yours or not.

This.

Moon Lord on expert (which is all that matters) is either trivial or fake difficulty.

They can't un-fuck that mistake. This game's done.

Drop it and get on with it, T2 that is.

Many thanks user.
And yea that last one was mine. It was so fucking large it couldn't get to full power before all the liquids in the world had to be weighed down. I ended up trying to make an aquatic overworld where the entire place would drain on hitting a switch which would empty out on both sides of the world. I realized it was way beyond the games limitations though and gave it up. I'm hoping one day we'll see something like that possible.
Now I wanna play Terraria again. The latest build up on the vola?

Buildfags can completly ruin speedfags by moving the npcs to the edge of the map.

This is honestly something I've experienced co-oping a variety of games with Holla Forums. I don't know if they're trying to show off, they can only have fun this way, they think it's a competition, or what, but there always seems to be a few who just want to rush through everything.

Is there an in depth list of all the new stuff? I don't mean just the general list.

My favorite server was around for a month. After 7 days the server admin quietly enabled hardmode so WoF can be summoned and killed. Tshock can do some neat stuff if you have someone who knows what they are doing.

Well, Hard Mode is where a lot of the most fun stuff is.

Man, Terraria is fun when nobody rushes things.
The building part is pretty much the focus of the gameplay, although it was separated from the progression.

You don't even need Tshock or force everyone to use new characters when everyone just hangs around building shit and having fun

Another update few minutes ago. What is this?

OwO whats this

probably one of these

This is the best new feature. Even better than bamboo platforms.

Is there any easy way to find the location of the Jungle Temple?

Vertical tunnels.

Outside of map viewers? Bombing large tunnels from the jungle surface to hell is all I can think of.

What are the biggest flaws that Terraria has? I'm just wondering since there's only Starbound as a clone, but that's about it, the 2D "Minecraft" building genre is pretty light, no?

RNG loot drop is the biggest flaw.
Other than that early hardmode is a bit of a resource grind and a step down in enjoyment from what comes before and after. Hardmode as whole is a letdown on the whole exploration front. The game really needs more structures like the jungle temple to explore in in hardmode or perhaps something like chalice dungeons.

combat is really shallow

It is but that sort of comes with the territory. 2D platforms aren't really known for their complex combat.

doesn't help that almost everyboss handles the same way

Thanks…maybe I'll try and see where that railway goes I noticed at the bottom of my map.

No real way to truly cut down on enemy presence with the calming potion being useless.

I'd kill for a way to make my citadel immune to Wraith/Reaper attacks; I'd even take exploding enemies blowing up my place back (one negative thing I was looking forward to).

Assuming nothing has changed since I last played, other ways to reduce enemy spawn rate are placing sunflowers, placing peace candles, and having an npc nearby.

That's actually a better solution if you are lucky enough to have one. Another option is to spelunk all around the edge of the underground jungle since the temple has a tendency to jut out to one side or the bottom. A dangersense potion can help you spot the traps in the temple too.

you mean will he make hardmode finally fun? as in not recycling the same bosses and revisiting the same areas to farm enemies and ores

Speaking as a vet with approximately this much time in the game…

Terraria's biggest flaws are restrictions of its genre. Shallow combat, A very real lack of information on what the fuck to do to progress next beyond "go explore places you haven't been", etc.

Beyond that:
-Boss loot being RNG
-Everything being RNG in general, including equipment reforge stats
-Expert mode balance is awful, whoever thought 'throw double HP and damage on everything' was a good idea needs a kick in the teeth
-Melee is nearly useless for the first half of Expert mode (and the worst class in standard) and then becomes the best until Ranged starts getting the most ridiculous weapons in the game… and then it goes right back to Melee with the Terrarian.
-Yoyos make every other melee weapon near-worthless
-The beginning of hardmode was originally meant to be the entirety of hardmode. Two second-digit patches later and the beginning of hardmode is so ephemeral it feels like a pointless grind. Cobalt/Palladium and Mythril/Orichalcum are useless once you have Titanium/Adamantium, and you unlock all three ores at the same time. You basically skip Cobalt and Mythril tiers, only using them to get the HM anvil and the pickaxes necessary to mine adamantium-tier.
-Hardmode only introduces one (technically two counting the underground temple) new biomes to discover, a number of biomes don't upgrade to the point that they feel different or fresh, they just feel harder.
-Having to randomly find Martians each time is a fucking piece of shit decision.
-The pre-[FINAL BOSS] equipment makes the entire rest of the game pointless, because you will always fight the [FINAL BOSS] using the pre-[FINAL BOSS] weapons. The armor set that goes with those weapons is even MORE pointless, because you have to grind the [FINAL BOSS] repeatedly to get it, at which point there is nothing left that is remotely challenging to fight because the [FINAL BOSS] gear is leaps and bounds ahead of the stuff available directly before it.
-Some of the coolest utility items IN THE ENTIRE GAME are either RNG-locked (Looking at you Rod of Discord) or are locked behind the FINAL FUCKING BOSS (Hi Portal Gun, hi Gravity Globe)

Forgot image.

You've hit the nail on the head right there.
This one too.
Many of the problems of Terraria come from the fact that it has been expanded far and beyond what it was originally conceived to be and this has severely strained the engine. This leads to flaws getting "frozen" into the game and and it being dificult or impossible to correct them. I hope the engine overhaul of 1.3.5 leads to a game overhaul in the forthcoming updates.

How the hell do I host my own server without fucking Steam?

Go to terraria.org.

Down at the bottom of the page, look for 'dedicated server'. Click that. This will give you a zip file with Terraria's server program, as well as a configurable ini. There are other server programs out there if you want features like area protection, forced fresh characters, or kicking/banning, but if you just want to run a server for some friends the default program will do.

Thanks, my lad.

They've said that they are going to implement it different from how MC does it.

Maybe it's something more like a map editor?

Finally i don't have to use 3rd party to play at a non pleb resolution.
AUTISM ALERT: Update/translations broke my crustycum fonts. Anyone have alternative font files to share? Just want to check if i dont have to waste my time redoing everything in game studio. Not picky as even fucking wing dings is better than andy bold/comic sans 2.0.

Is there a roll picture for Terraria?

God dammit, and I still have the XNA bug that stops me launching it.

not really.
but there is only like 3 real "classes" and a fuckton of of "sub-classes" so i don't think 1-9 would cut it.

Here, I split these groups based on armour/accessory bonuses, we have 7 overall.