Remakes or Remasters That Aren't Shit

Everyone here knows that most remakes of good games are absolute fucking trash and "remasters" are big scams that make recent games shinier and possibly even break the original product, but are there games out there that are actually worth a damn in that regard? Pic related seems to be a rare example of a good remake so far, but I want more.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/545980/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Every Dragon Quest remake barring localization.
The jap versions of Wizardry 1-7.
Ninja Gaiden Xbox, if that counts.

Fuck that SJW DotEmu shit, here's what you want to play instead.

Yeah I do want this game. When is it coming out?

Oh fuck, what did they do? I know they added a girl to the remake as a playable character but anything else?

Metal Gear Solid on NGC
Resident Evil 1 on NGC

Explain

I believe this to be the only Nintendo remaster that wasn't a fucking add-on boss and a paint job. I don't get why people criticize the control scheme so much, the only issue I have is with Bowser fights and then again you can use the stylus just for that occasion.

Looks like an uglier, less polished Shantae with less charm and no brown waifu.

i'm sure mr(1)&done is merely pretending to be retarded. Also poor choice OP since it's not coming out for pc for at least another 3 months or so therefore you can't say whether it's good or not

But the touch screen control mode works so fucking well!

Still looks better than what the French fags are shitting out.

Obligatory

all of the new characters played like shit and bogged the game's simple controls down. this is one of the few cases where just a few more levels and would've been more than enough because the original felt so unfinished.

Came here for fusion, thank you. It's a good game.

Alright look.
Adding a chick playable character has never been, and never will be a bad thing.

I'll take a drastic point of view here,If they had made Papa Nier Mama Nier instead.
That really wouldn't have changed the story too fucking much.

The gender of the main character has never really mattered THAT much. I dunno my two cents, I'm going back to playing video games now

here you go

Just for the record this female version of Hu-Man is a fine addition because the human character is nothing more than an avatar for the player, what the character Link was originally meant to be. There is zero to complain about in terms of story consistency with the character or even the world because it does not affect it in any way.

The only thing they did wrong in this department is not creating female versions of the animal transformations. Time and budget may have played a factor in this and anyway this can be easily rectified in the future.

The only thing I agree with you is the fact that forcing the special powers to be limited to a single player character was kind of bullshit padding. But the game makes up for it in sheer quantity.

Pretty much the only game I'm looking forward to.

they made the game easier for no reason, the extra characters were all terrible (Yoshi and Wario are garbage, Luigi is completely broken and makes everything too easy), and bogged down the design whenever they forced you to change characters to get a star. At least the new levels were mostly good. Except for the one where you unlock Wario, that one was dildos.

LizardCube is the developer. DotEmu just publishes it.

Monster Boy looks sad compared to The Dragon's Trap.

I thought the new art looked very off putting.

PC is the least important platform however, so it's a safe bet.

Played twice and enjoyed it. The new backgrounds and some of the character designs are nice. New music is okay with a bit too much of a push to use weird instruments where they probably shouldn't be. New content was a surprise and fun even if one of the secret rooms had tight platforming when, with how floaty the controls are, they really just shouldn't have tried.

It is a pretty big departure, lost a lot of the charm of the original's Mickey mouse-man, derpy lion-man, and not gross piranha-man, but the rest is pretty good. Especially the backgrounds.

My nigger

Perhaps you meant the sex of the character?

1:1 remakes with lots of new side content and mechanics from the modern games

breddy gud

haha

really hate that slanted HUD bullshit in games that aren't first person.

CEA and H2A's campaigns are the best version's of their games.

New graphics, higher resolution, higher framerate, redone music. If you don't like the new graphics (and in CEA's case, they are iffy) you can just turn them off and use the old graphics still with the upped res/framerate. CEA also has fixed shader shit that the PC port for CE broke.

Only problem is that since MCC's networking is fucked, playing them co-op is buggy. H2A's seperate MP is also quite good, but has the same networking woes.

Perfect Dark for 360 was great. Shame there was never a PC port.

Used 2 shitty screenshots by mistake, here's a few better ones.

Note that the remade MP and redone campaign are completely seperate things, the redone campaign is litterally just new graphics layered over the old game and can be switched on and hoff, whereas the MP was redone from scratch

Stargate for tards…

Perfect Dark on XBLA

Ghost Babel is literally an entirely different game. Konami was just retarded and named it as though it were a port.

You'd know that if you played it.

I think he meant The Twin Snakes on Gamecube, m8.

Are you mentally retarded?
Not even talking shit, I'm being serious and i would like to know whether or not you are mentally damaged?

Unless I just forgot the first MGS had manual aiming with anything but the sniper rifle.

In a way, Dracula X Chronicles. Not that I care so much for the remake, the 3D look is pig disgusting. But, the original game and SotN are unlockables, and some of the remixed music is kickass.

shut up cuck

It seems we have actual bots on the loose.

And the Zelda 3DS games. They're fantastic updates.

Super Mario 1-3 on All-Stars was breddy gudd. Made good use of the SNES's expanded color palette.

Never played the Halo 2 Remake but the first was sub-par. Re-recorded the music for no reason, crowded the maps with added foliage and other bullshit stuff, new lighting which made everything super shiny and ruined the grim feel of the original, and the most jarring: Keyes' fucked-up face with no upper lip so his teeth are always showing and he looks like a retard.
I always default to the PC versions of the first 2.

Keyes' looks absolutely atrocious in the remake.

I've not seen a remake be so faithful as these two.

Best games I've played, really.

HeartGold and SoulSilver are garbage due to:

1) Awful Remix Music (excluding 8-bit)
2) Mostly following Crystal Storyline
3) Fighting the Kimono Girls in Ecruteak Dance Theater 5 TIMES IN A ROW WITHOUT LOSING
4) I hope you like facing Silver at the end of Ice Cavern
5) What's that? You want the 8-bit music back? Sure! Try to get all 16 badges before this option is unlocked!

The only good Pokemon remakes are FireRed and LeafGreen.

MGS: Integral had first person mode as an unlockable.

Sounds like you're just salty about being bad at pokemon. Also possibly a genwunner.

All the recent Ys remakes are awesome. I mean, I haven't played Memories of Celceta, but with Chronicles and Felghana I'm willing to throw it in for consideration anyway.

(Yes, Phoenix Wright totally counts. They were originally Japanese-only GBA games.)

I'm a Johtoddler and I have played Pokemon since the actual TCG Game.

The HeartGold/SoulSilver remakes are so awful it makes the original Gold, Silver, and Crystal games to shine like diamonds.

The 3DS e-shop Cave Story was the best release of the game. Not that shit Cane Story 3D game, but specifically the e-shop one that had the original graphics with 3D effects.

No, this was a thoughtless inclusion. They knew they'd be eaten alive if they added little pink bows to the female animal sprites, so they limited it to the human, which was completely pointless and undercut by the very premise of the game. It's objectively a bad design choice because it makes newcomers assume the choice matters/lasts. I think it's a cool design, too, so it's a shame it's wasted in this fashion. I'll stick to Dragon's Curse by Vile1011 for my Wonder Boy III remake fix.

You might want to go through HG/SS again sometime because I don't understand how your shit taste can be this potent.

Subjective
It's not a bad thing.
Okay? I don't see how that's a negative if you're good at the game.
A reward for completing the Kanto Gyms? Oh no. How could they.

This is the best version of DQ V, by far.

Graphics are awesome (somewhat inferior to VIII, but not by much), orchestrated soundtrack, and retained difficulty from the original. I love the DS ports of IV and V too, but if you want a hardcore DQ experience you definitely can't go wrong with IV (PS1) and pic related.

Only upside to the DS port is of course Debora, and she's alright. Worth waifu'ing at least once.

Celceta isn't as good as the games were the characters were midgets.

Damn straight. It's one of the best Falcom remakes yet, especially when you play Dela Mode. And Felghana's up there ofc.

girls are for faggots
/thread

Personally, I never really got the point of the Pokemon remakes. If I wanted Pokemon: Current Generation Mechanics Edition, I'd play the Current Generation. I'd rather experience and enjoy what each generation has to offer on their own merits rather that replay a samey experience even more samier. Slapping the same game on the engine of the week just doesn't appeal to me.

What you mean is "at least they're not the originals".

zzzzz

it's for dex autists.

See
Besides, have you seen the dude's blog entry (and hair)? The execution feels like a bad copycat "my daughter is playing this game in a man's world" ROM hack that the usual suspects suck up to.

Monkey Island's remasters were pretty gud, you could even change the game to old version during gameplay. I quite liked it. Serious Sam's HD remasters aren't bad also

I disagree and prefer the original, but no one else does so fuck it.

Preferring the original over that one doesn't mean that it's a shitty remake.

Also, speaking about Kirby, here, a good remake.

Serious Sam HD editions cut out all the physics rooms that spin/rotate/whatever. They're not a huge part of the game, but they really help to break up the monotony and I miss them.

Don't really know if it's good or not, Voodoo Vince got remastered or shit. Surprised it isn't locked down by the Windows store.

store.steampowered.com/app/545980/

Yeah no, that shit would've never happened in the original. 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure is more worthwhile than Dream in Nightmare Land.

I like it. It adds to the immersion without needing to suffer first person perspective.

Damn shame what happened to Grin