Mediocre games which you can't let go of

Mediocre games which you can't let go of.

Games with potential which could have been so much more if a great gamedev were to step in and help them achieve their full potential.

If it weren't for that turbo-autist Jap, Other M could have been so great.

what a sad thread this is.

I was so salty that it ended at what feels like the halfway point, but the gunfights made me keep wanting to play. Enemy AI was really good compared to the modern whack-a-mole routine and the guns were nice and responsive. If only they'd made the vehicle sections less tangential and LENGTHENED THE FUCKING CAMPAIGN.

Their ambition for art direction was to fucking high and probably ate up a lot of the budget. They kept pushing that every model in the game was unique when nobody really gave a shit and just wanted a good game in the end.

Gothic 2

shit was cash, yo

For some reason I have way more fun sneaking around in this than something like styx or splinter cell.

That would be so shit tbh

I'll give you a reason. Every bullet fired is a bullet chancing to hit a nigger. You know I'm right

I'm stuck with the bittersweet taste of trying to enjoy this badly net-coded shit made in an engine as crappy as something made in 99 with the gameplay of something made in 97.
There's barely 6 players playing for just 2 hours a day.

I wanted to be able to replace Avp classic and AvP2 with AvP2010 and Colonial Marines.

But it seems like I'll never get my base defense survival game with strategy and open world exploration.

I'll never get to drive an APC, go into space, build my own xeno hive.

Minecraft will never be 3D Terraria.

Warband

I HATE IT BECAUSE I HAD THE ABSOLUTE HIGHEST HOPES FOR ANYTHING POKEMON THEN I TURNED OUT TO BE THE /WORST/ GEN. FUCK!

I want this so bad. I used to play AvP Extinction and try to build hives inside facilities, pretend that I was secretly taking over the base bit by bit when in reality the AI sent waves of dudes constantly. Fuck that game for being such a good RTS on a god damned console. It would've been amazing on PC with a few tweaks.

I don't say this very often, but kill your motherfucking self.

I'm a genwunner and even I think you're retarded.

I'll have to pass that torch onto you, shitmeister. At least DppT had some from of quality control and felt finished. X/Y was inexcusable and felt more like a fanmade game than something with actual purpose.

Oblivion.

After spending thousands of hours in Morrowind during college, I was so fucking excited for what its follow-up would be like.

All of that lore, every eccentric aspect that made Morrowind the endearing journey that it was. I was excited to see every lesson that Bethesda learned from Daggerfall, all the way through Morrowind, to come alive in Oblivion in a beautiful new engine.

In my eyes, they could do no wrong.
Until they did everything wrong.

I'm still fucking mad about it today, I hate that game so much. I resent everything it was, could have been, and never will be.

that's some shit bait
platinum is one of the best games of the franchise

I don't get how anyone liked it, it was mediocre in the worst possible way. Nothing really stood out (apart from plugging some halfnaked asshole with half a mag of AK to put him down). The Mad Max game was what RAGE wished it could be.

But Import Tuner Challenge is the game that turned me into some half-crazed preacher for the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series shouting it's praises whenever I can. It has all the flavor associated with a Tokyo Xtreme Racer game, but it's clearly unfinished the more you look at it. But first time in it feels like the best damn budget game ever made (because it is).

I always end up coming back to Oblivion. Once you ignore the terrible gameplay and mod the people to not look like potatoes it's really comfy. The OST plays a large part in this though. Oblivion is one of those games that would be amazing if it had a bit of polish and design reworks.

Forgot embed.

Must've done at least 1000 hours or so 20 different full playthroughs through 4 different friendships, fucking hated the 2nd one with a passion fucking cuckthony

The first one had some redeeming features and was alright for a first try. The second was a disaster.

This fucking game. I always keep coming back

It could have been so much fucking better, with hunting actually being a fucking profession, housing actually being housing not some inn rent, and trading actually involve more than moving some random shit from one place to another again and again forever. But noooo Daum had to make it E-Peen Comparison Simulator: Grinding Boogaloo instead. It's a fucking shame because for whatever it managed to pull off, that aspect was really comfy, like farming, cooking, housing decorations, processing etc
But fuck that, I tore myself away from it and cautiously looking forward to Peria Chronicles. Nexon KR wasn't ever as bad as Nexon NA so I still have a milligram of hope yet.

Finally we find the idiot that keeps playing shitty Korea MMOS that die in a year. Why do you put yourself through so much shit when there are hundreds of good games already out there?

Find me one game that has fishing as extensive as BDO with the same graphic.
Go ahead faggot.

Damn shame. The character creator looked almost as good as PSO2's.

Playing it these days and I am probably enjoying it way too much for being just a decent game.

You have the main series (1, 2, NV) to play, why do you go back to the spinoff?

So much about this game makes me mad, and the explosion/fire effects aren't enough to make up for it. Worst adaptation of "Heart of Darkness" in any medium.

X/Y is why pandering to the genwunners is a bad idea. B/W is infinitely better than it.

Sequel/remake never ever

Pay-to-win 2D isometric Korean slot machine with inertia shenanigans.

The dodge mode was pretty comfy and you had autists who would make rounds last for hours.

This game had a lot of potential to be a cult classic like old school arena FPSs. The controls are simple yet satisfying and each weapon had their own fun gimmicks. Then everything went fucking wrong from both developer and community sides. I tried many times to leave but i always end up creating a new account.

I felt no compulsion to bring my pokemon to gen 6 and beyond.

Oblivion made me stop buying games at launch

The multiplayer was good fun aswell.

I assume pic heavily unrelated?

Solely because it's comfy and familiar.

>the mod plugin API still hasnt been released

sniping from a distance hitting gas cans and causing controlled brush fire with the flare gun, molotovs, thumper, etc to surround enemies was so much fun. id cause a fire in a circle around them and use flames to create choke points and burn them to death.

I wouldn't describe such a game as "mediocre". That implies something that makes me feel nothing and is worthless. I'd play Sonic 2006 over Rage.

The shitboxes, the generally slow/floaty feeling to your movements and attacks, the nonsensical world design, the story, the poor NPC questlines, the over reliance on gank squads. This could have been an awesome game and absolutely should have been. Instead its a mostly painful experience where you're practically questioning every death if it was your fault or not.

All problems except
I never had weapons rust out. Idk why so many people complain about this.

Maybe its patched, maybe you're playing a modded game but the weapons were made out of fucking plastic.

Weapons you picked up off the ground would be in the worst condition. If you bought it from the store it'd at least last 2-3 missions, including traveling and killing checkpoints.

The soundtrack is the only good part about that shitheap of a game.

There is no ignoring terrible gameplay. If the gameplay is bad, then the game is bad. It's that simple. I shouldn't have to mod a bad game in order to make it slightly less bad, when I shouldn't have to settle for subpar quality, period. Especially for a studio I once revered to the highest standard.

Fuck that and everything about that. I hope Todd Howard dies in a car wreck with his entire family.

Wew user. I think you need to take a rest or something. The gameplay is bad but there's a lot of solid ground work in it. Besides that I already said that it needs a full remake to be good. You can't go much lower than that in what it would take to improve an idea.

Guild Wars is a fucking masterpiece.

What did he mean by this