I can't believe my childhood dream game had to be made in the worst possible age for video games and that it had to be...

I can't believe my childhood dream game had to be made in the worst possible age for video games and that it had to be squandered like this.
This is all it's ever going to be, there's not going to be any different or better versions of this.

My dream game will never ever be done right and have a chance to be good.

Has your dream game ever been tried? Is there any hope for you?

Kill yourself.

Its a shame it ended up sucking dick, could have really been something for the ages. How would you improve it?

SW battlefront 3 and new paper mario games upset me, but not on the same level go did to you i think.

Oh nm i got it spore

Thats comparable i think

Honestly, the only complete rework needs to be the gym system. Everything else just needs balancing.
Right now leveling up pokemon is completely worthless and almost impossible.

wew

Also, for the disappointing game: I'd say ToS.
Hack and slash action combat MMO with fun PvE.
But it's a themepark linear as fuck MMO with nothing but damage-sponge monsters that despite having a hundred classes 90% of them are filler classes you only use until you reach the final ones.

When this started to get big last summer, that was when I realized that I actually hate video games/pop culture in general and I loathed people who liked such childish things. I'm 27 and my friends were running around like faggots all over town playing poke-man.

It thoroughly disgusted me. I pray for a purge of society one day.

CP is fine imho
Combat is kinda shit yeah, but that would require to rework everything in it so it ain't gonna happen.

sure thing tubby

i didn't play it, but from what I understand, it wasn't even a fucking game right?
were there any battle mechanics implemented? or was the entire point to just run around and catch pokemon to then sit around and do nothing with them?

what kind of shit is that? why did so many people buy into this?

I guess the point is to catch pokemon to complete the pokedex
That's the only goal in the game

It is a game, just not a very good one

i had a blast playing this stupid game. the "community" was cool and i was actually running into a lot of neat shit while playing. i got outside more and yadda yadda all that good stuff

but i was still playing with the understanding that they were going to implement all the OTHER cool shit they said they would. all that's happening is updates with new pokemon to catch and do nothing with, so it fizzled and died.

i firmly believe that with the correct one or two updates it could explode again. but it'll never happen because whoever is running this game is a moron

My bot enjoyed playing it.

CP is just the sum of hp defense and attack with +-15% roll.

I don't see why your all so upset. This game is doing exactly what it was meant to do, what it was created to be.
It's not supposed to be an enjoyable game. It's not supposed to grow the Pokemon brand, hell the game isn't even supposed to be fun.

Like a vast majority of mobile games, it's designed to be almost fun, and to milk every single retard with poor impulse control to spend heaps of money on digital crap that doesn't take any effort to create.

And hey if it boosted Nintendo's stock price and helped build hype for the switch, all the better.

Bottom line is simple. Why work hard making a product that is fun, works and is something to be proud of when you can slap Pokemon on a already failed data mining mobile app and make buckets of money off idiots?

Nah, I'll take what we got. For a couple of weeks I got to go out with friends, catch Pokemon, meet a ton of new people, and just witness what it would be like in a better world. I mean, when has something ever got people out and interacting on such a large scale. You could go anywhere, talk with anyone, and have common ground to start a conversation right off the bat. Everywhere was so busy the nogs didn't even try to do crimes (most of the time, I almost had the knockout game happen to me in a pretty busy area).

All and all I'm happy with the experience, even if it only lasted for a little while.

See you would think that.
But none of the microtransactions are for useful things that people would buy.

You can't buy Pokemon. You can't buy the thing you use to level them up. You can't buy the thing you use to evolve them.

That's what doesn't make sense. It is built to get people to spend money, but there is no way to spend money inside it.

make Pokemon hard to acquire and not just sit at some hot spot and spam pokeballs.

make a battle system like old school pokemon
battle against wild pokemon
levels
fight against trainers or even trainers nearby

I wouldn't trade with these subhumans.

same thing happened to me and my friends.
I was literally cringing in real life. I normally hide my powerlevel pretty hard so I told them that I didn't even had the game installed when they asked me.
It's just normalfags doing normalfag things, they have no shame in anything they do.
Still remember that one time when one of my friends shat in a whirlpool because he though it would be epic.
VIDEO GAMES

I guarantee you that it will get better. I mean, it is just the beginning of these so-called "augmented reality" games. Millions of people had the dream of being a pokemon trainer, and that's a business opportunity that can't be blown.

I gotta say, that really fucking blows. Pokemon Go was fun for a little bit but that shit died quick.

My dream game hasn't been tried with every single feature I want in the same game, but I've seen games with aspects of them.

Ideally, it would be an open world darkish fantasy RPG with comic book levels of realism. You would play through a dynasty of hero kings and/or queens, much like Rogue Legacy and CK2. You'd run an empire and would have complete control over AT LEAST the layout of your captial city. Basically, what WoW garrisons should have been. There'd be a shitload of room for theorycrafting: you'd have skill/talent trees per character, which is of course lost on death. Further, you'd have a skill tree for your whole dynasty affecting things like XP gain rate, how many levels you start the game with, how many skill points you get at birth/per level. Maybe other things like resistances or defenses, but they'd all be things that ALL characters need.

If this were made into an MMO, I'd gladly ditch the city/empire building aspect though. I'm pretty sure that the "soft permadeath" mechanic I've brainstormed would make MMOs much more interesting.

I feel like reality has switched, like we've become the sane ones and normalfags have all become autistic.
I love vidya, but I wouldn't fucking ignore my friends for the sake of playing a shitty Skinner box.

Its made by Americans, not gamefreak, and as you would expect, its chock full of SJW crap.

Yes. You can literally play as a "non-binary" or tranny, and one of the team leaders is a tranny.

Niantic is autistic and cancerous.

I love videogames, as a hobbyist and as a passtime though. I hate people who are defined by their vidya and, by extension, by pop culture in general. It seems to be the case for a lot of new kids though.

Why do Americans have to ruin everything and add SJW shit to things?

This is a giant fucking lie

The world will not get any better until every burger is killed.

What are you talking about? Where's the non-binary bullshit?

I seriously want to hug jontron, he looks like he's had a hard life. feeling fat and unwanted is not how someone should go through life

he can be so much more

he got everything and is still a whiny faggot
I have no sympathy with people like him

he is lucky getting to do the things he likes doing and get paid for it

but you just know he is suffering on the inside

He basically got fucked in the ass and abandoned and barely complains about it or call people out. Got out-jewed by egofaptor in Game Grumps. Every single one of his NormalBoots fagwagon left him to the wolves even though he's the reason they have their job at all. The entire YookaLaylee shitshow. Mainstream gamer "journalists" putting him firmly in the "Nazi" camp next to pewdiepie. I'm surprised surprised Disney hasn't dropped his fat ass yet, actually.
Fuck him for selling out to Disney, but he doesn't seem to complain or bitch at all.

Why do you fags still buy nintendo things?

Where did all these normalfags come from?

Pokemon Go Fuck Yourself is a normalfag version of pokemon, made for the lowest of the low.

We're living in the Monkey's Paw universe. Everything you could ever want will happen and it will make you suffer.

If Pokemon Go was your dream game you're a fucking retard.

Pokémon is for normalfags.

why are you here?

The game is never going to be anything better than it is right now, because improving the mechanics or making it more "true pokémon"-like would imply thwarting its true purpose: bolstering the pokémon brand, like said, so kids and autistic young adults would go out and buy the newest pokémon games or merchandise.

if anything their mistakes were

Other than that it made people remember that them pogeymens are still a thing, and that's a net win for Nintendo/GF/the Pokémon Company or whoever the fuck.

I personally enjoyed engaging with friends for a few weeks, but it didn't last long because of the mechanics and how Niantic kept fucking up the radar mechanism. I later discussed with another friend in the terms of how were they programming the (((google maps))) integration, and how it could be done way better and less demanding in cellphone data for everyone.

This would be funny if it wasn't so terribly disheartening.

Hi reddit

They could just port over the regular battle system from the main games. Let you battle and trade with anyone you meet. Bam, you have pokemon in real life. It would be the greatest thing ever made. I can't imagine why they would use the shitty "battle" system and essentially make the game single player when adding the same multiplayer functions that the main games have would have been so simple. The only thing I can think of is that they gimped it on purpose out of fear of making the main games obsolete or something. Though of course that wouldn't happen, because it's still fun to explore a fantasy world and fight bad guys and not have to walk around outside in order to play. But if only they added the battle system and trading, they would have made pokemon real.

last summer this game made it fun to go out at night in an otherwise dead nightlife beach town. I was on vacation and a ton people were out wandering at 3am on the boardwalk, talking to strangers about their shared experience playing a video game. People would yell when interesting pokemon popped up.

Even after realizing the game's depth was barely puddle tier, I kept playing while at the beach. It was the easiest of approaching a stranger ever. Talked to many a QT. It was a very weird week that will probably not happen again.

Fuck off back to cuckchan/reddit cucks

bump

good post :^)

An MMO that actually has fun and challenging gameplay and focuses on role playing.
If it ever existed I sure as fuck haven't played it.

Sage isn't a downvote you humongous sucker of dicks.

sage

It is if you're 8 years old

Go back to reddit.

I don't think you can read

I think you're desperate for attention and need to go back where you belong. Your dream childhood game is shit, and so is your taste.

Yes, I know reading is hard, because that is exactly what I wrote in the OP.
My dream game is shit.

Please at least try to not look retarded

Nigga just stop replying to him.

I will never understand why people in their 30s and older cared about Pokemon Go. Did teenagers even give a fuck about Pokemon in the 90s? Surely it was just "kids stuff" to them?

I knew plenty of people in high-school that played first gen.

Not every single one.

PewDiePie hasn't been impacted at all. Speaking in terms of success, being grouped with PewDiePie is the best news you can ever hope to get.

He net gained subscribers, Not in the least.

The internet has truly revolutionized us. Now we have gone from not enough information, to too much information from people that think their opinion without evidence counts for anything

How fucking ironic. It's the same shit, just on a larger scale. Pop rocks and diet soda, Richard Gere's asshole, etc. etc. Least now we can kind of prove some of it as bullshit.

I'm still surprised that they haven't added the ability to trade Pokemon yet.

It seems so simple, doesn't really need any complicated balancing like battling requires just a short data exchange between two players.

newfag

Yo you got the tweet where he 'let slip' that he would disown people?

You don't belong here faggot

It was nice while it lasted, I see absolutely nobody playing it these days. I agree management of the game was absolutely retarded, the fad was always going to die off but it died way faster than anyone thought it would because they just did nothing right. The comfiest gaming crazes always seem to happen during summer, maybe we'll have something this year too.

You're right, whoever is in charge of this is fucking stupid and is losing players while pissing away time