Where are all the cowboy games...

Where are all the cowboy games, I've seen there was a revival of western games in 2015/16 but they're all turn-based and look the same compared to each other.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Western/#p=0&tab=TopSellers,
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I did not enjoy Red Dead Revolver.

Which ones?

I can respect your opinion. What did you think of Gun?

I didn't play Gun because I was having too much fun with RD2 when it came out and didn't give a shit about any other western.

Can only think of Hard West.

What about fistful of frags?

There's also Bang! Howdy but nobody plays that, not sure if you can truly count it though since its hybrid gameplay

Maybe he's including Wasteland 2 in that list

A bunch of obscure turn-based ones, I don't remember their fucking names look for them on GoG and Steam.

Will red dead 2 be any good? Or will it be a cancerous shekel fest like GTA V?

It will be an updated version of the first game. It will probably have great music and atmosphere, but subpar gameplay, and filled with brazilians in the multiplayer by the end of the fucking year.

We have a whole thread on GTA and R* up right now, Lezlie Benzes was the only creative force at R* North and R* San Diego is good with cars not horses, of course RD3 will be shit but I'd probably buy a straight PC port of 2 if it ever does come.

I really wish that we would get a good Western anything at this point. The most recent good Western thing is Silverado, which is a movie that came out 32 years ago. Anyways,
BLACK MAN

Does Dillon's Rolling Western count?

I didn't like it either, the stages felt disjointed and sloppy. "2005's Gun" was a objectively better game.

All round solid western action game , all the tropes of the "western genre" covered. Story was decent, shooting was playable, and even had fully-fleshed out multiplayer with poker,death match, team death match, and cap the flag.

this was a pretty okay game. i really liked how it let you scalp your enemies for literally no fucking reason (at least not that I could find). more games need to let us do things for no reason other than we want to

IN A WHITE MAN'S TOWN

The level design was shit tbh. They resemble sprawling doom clones more than realistic spaghetti western town setting despite all the pretty cosmetics. Other than that, it's a great game.

There's always a reason :^)

Why dont you go ahead and walk on out of here boy.

BTW, where are all the funk cowboy scores? The only ones I could find were from "His Name was Kang" and "Boss Nigga". Were they all used for poliziotteschi?

It's shit. If they wanted to create huge levels, they should've done it like Terminator Future Shock and Delta Force. Otherwise, smaller Quake sized levels would be better.

Slow West is pretty good.

I liked it for what it was but don't remember much of it, just poor execution on the setting and an O.K. story.

store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Western/#p=0&tab=TopSellers, here you go cunt.

Only one of those is turn based.

Where are all these obscure turn-based westerns user. Where are they user? Where user?

They don't even have to make new covers for the box art, I mean fuck. Bronx Wars looks like a fucking 90s videogame already.

I ask again
Does smug constanza trump smug anime girls?

NO

You will need a time machine and a ticket to japan.
Wild Arms 3

Fun fact: I rage every time I see Avril's face as the board logo. Cancerous whore voiced by another cancerous whore.

Wild Arms 3 isn't from 2015/2016 user. Read the comment chain before replying. You look like such an embarrassing fag right now holy fuck.

They were all isometric and I remember two of them being turn-based, I don't give a fuck because they look O.K. and unremarkable.

I will never be you and it feels the most fucking amazing.

Looks like weebshit homo trash.

Like I said I didn't care or bother enough to look into it when I started seeing them at first, and are turn-based games copying XCOM now because what would be the point of buying one unless it surpasses XCOM which most indie devs don't have the creativity to make some worthwhile.

>Like I said I didn't care or bother enough to look into it
>I've seen there was a revival of western games in 2015/16 but they're all turn-based and look the same compared to each other
You just keep failing holy fuck.

Seeing=/=researching or giving much of a fuck now stop bullying me.

You're the text-based communication version of a healslut. Except you don't make anything better.

The Call of Juarez games are good, with the exception of The Cartel.

user pls

More importantly will it have a (((female protagonist)))?

try Holla Forums sometime.

I'd argue it's one of the best shooters out there right now, albeit slow.

Is that based off the card game?

XF was alright.

Wild ARMS 3 is actually one of the least cancerous weeb games of all time. No anime sterotypical bullshit drama, just good hearted cowboys, ancient mecha and wasteland. The gameplay is a combination of a standard turn based RPG with a zelda style puzzle-dungeon game. It's some good shit.

No they're not.
They're ok to meh.

Wild Arms essentially ended with 3. 4 and onwards are essentially done an almost entirely different creative and developent team. Well except Akifumi Kaneko, he stuck around for 4 and then fucked off to do Symphogear.

Original FoF > Steam re-release FoF.

todd pls

call of juarez gunslinger was definitely the best fps/western i've ever played
the fucking indians still give me nightmares

Lads, I remember that in one of these western vidya threads, an user said that there there where rumors of a hidden bandit treasure somewhere on a hill near from where he lives or some shit. Are you there user? Have you mustered the courage to get that treasure?
Get a double action revolver, faggot Single action is just a meme.

>>>Holla Forums
>>>/reddit/

I don't get it, aren't they supposed to be against waycism and shit?

single actions are fucking great guns, some of the safest weapons to holster on your person and with some practice you can do great things with them.

I've got a short barreled SAA in 45 colt that I carry. It's a great gun except for the lack of an ejection rod. I also have a .44spl bulldog.

Double action > shitty outdated siglee action.
Try to prove me otherwise, faggot.

It's a Rockstar game, so enjoy your shitty controls and your choice between brain-dead auto-aim or impossible-to-control free aim. And don't forget tapping A repeatedly to run.
I'm sick of Rockstar getting a pass on their games' shitty controls and input lag. Whoever designs their controls must be an alien who has never seen a human hand.

The only indie one I know of is Sombreros

Because GUN was already the perfect Cowboy game.

I was actually surprised how fun this is.

Sawn down shotgun+Brass knuckles a best.

What was with that one huge open area where there wasn't much but you and your horse? I remember being surprised by that part because so much of the game was very guided.

Is that why cowboys always kept the barrel the hammer was resting against empty to avoid it always going off while riding?

Then be safer, why not have the advantage of two actions, the SAA is a fine piece of work but unless you train to become to the fastest shot in all of your flyover state you'll lose in a gun fight though. I still want a Ruger Blackhawk in .30 Carbine though.

I want greasy foreigners who don't understand English well to leave.

It's an empty chamber they rested the hammer on, not a barrel.

Poetato, Pohtato, I don't give a fuck-o.

eventually six-shooters were made with transfer gates on the grip, so you basically only shoots when you're holding the revolver's grip and pulling the trigger.

Pass the whiskey

Steamworld Dig and Heist

Confirmed for not knowing shit about guns. I bet you think that every gun that looks scary and is painted black is muh assault rifle.

CoJ Gunslinger was the last western game I played. Don't think there's been much else released lately.

The genre seems to be pretty dead, but it warms my heart to see I'm not the only one who still cares for it.

Are the first two games good.

First one is interesting, in some ways it feels like it was straining against the technology of the time with what it was trying but you'll probably enjoy it.
Second game feels a bit like they missed a trick by not going coop and is much more conventional but still fun.
Dukat does VA in both games, when you're playing the character he voices in the first game you can dual wield a bible and a revolver and quote passages in combat to fuck with enemies.

I'm trying to play the first game now, and it's total weeb shit generic jrpg, with ancient good v evil shit and world saving teens. Only remotely western thing is the music witch is great.
When do the games get good.

If you haven't played Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive, you really should play it. Excellent game.

Anyone else worried about RDR 2? First one was so good because the story was excellent so I'm worried they are going to see profits from GTA V Online and completely neglect the story in order to milk the "shark Card" cash cow.

They both feel pretty janky from what I remember, but I felt it was worth playing for at least one playthrough. Worth trying if you're a fanatic of the setting.

Never played that game since it doesn't look like my cup of tea, but the studio that made Desperados was pretty close to where I lived. Before they went under anyway.

I liked Red Dead Revolver much, much more than Red Dead Redemption to the point where I felt Redemption was a betrayal. I'm the only person I know who feels this way. The tone was more what I was looking for in Revolver. Also, the soundtrack is a fantastically thought out and researched compilation.

Redemption was a superior game, there isn't much to say about it's just open-world perfected with a good story to boot and the best online with a mix of freedom and MMORPG which GTA V threw out the window, only thing I didn't like is how the eastern half drags and Marston's voice action.

Revolver was originally an arcade action game by Capcom then R* snatched it up, made it more realistic and it was scrambled together and (while there's nothing functionally wrong with the game) it was lacking in some areas, the gameplay was meh, and the story was a sloppy mess. I haven't played it in 6 years so I can't say much else, the thing that trumps it over Redemption though are the characters and soundtrack.

I didn't know this, but it would explain why the game was on the cheesier side.