pastebin.com/RT5rAiYJ
pastebin.com/HVz8M1Rv
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system
poe.trade/
currency.poe.trade/
poe.ninja/challenge/currency
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Decided to spruce up my hideout a bit.

Also is this worth buying from the vendor, think I can get some money for it?

no, this ring is crap
also EK nova is quite good, lot of potential

How do you make it nova? Just having a lot of projectiles, or..?

What a fucking shitter. Just ignore me or say no if you don't like my offer, christ

Ring of Blades threshold jewel.

You can also use Sire of Shards if you're in a crazy mood.

Found out that scorching ray with cast while channeling arc and elemental equilibrium is quite good. It's like fire penetration for SR only that fire penetration doesn work for SR as it doesn't hit. But the lack of hit also means it never will proc EE.

no that ring is trash

talk to a master and remake your hideout instance

can't shield charge with sire of shards

So what part in this is "quite good"?

SR inflicts burning damage, which benefits from EE but never actually inflicts a fire damage hit so it'll never flip EE back once Arc triggers it. "Free" -50% fire resist.

What you initially stated was that it doesn't benefit from penetration

SR can't benefit from the Fire Penetration Support gem because again, it never actually hits. And I'm not that guy. Are you the illiterate from the last thread?

Oh fuck thats the staff meme dreams are made of and its less than an alch, muh dick

I was more annoyed by their general attitude. Why join my party and base if you dont agree to my offer and bitch me out? I will keep that in mind for the next shitter though

Elemental Equilibrium is not penetration, it's straight up elemental resistance reduction which is different.

Clueless Slayer from last thread. Up to 4.7k-ish life, bumped my armor to about 20k and my chaos resist went up to -20% or so while maintaining the resist cap for the other FR/CR/LR.
About to collect the organs and go fight Merc Malachai. I wiped the floor with abomination Piety's face as she couldn't hurt me even when tanking her beam. Is Malachai going to kick my ass, should I wait to gain a fresh level to fight him? Izero should be much easier too, right?

if you're softcore who cares man, just zerg him, merc mala does hit a lot harder but nothing a mapping character can't take as long as you're a bit careful and dodge slams
merc izaro you should have done already though unless you're talking about uber izaro

What was the guild from last thread?

No, I simply misunderstood what he said. Never really used EE and as a result wasn't familiar with it in too much detail.

It's the same type of retards that offer a b/o price, invite you after you whisp them, only then proceed to check poe.trade and then tell you that the price has risen by 10c.

Malachai should be fine as long as you dodge his slams

Sire is fun with frostbolt totems and the new threshold jewels as well. Embrace the frostbullet hell.

What's a good projectile build I can make?
I was thinking of making a Brutus' Lead Sprinkler molten strike but for some retarded reason the unique shooted 600% in price in the last 7 days according to poe.ninja so I either wait or make something else.

Probably some FOTM meme build with yeah, Molten Strike and stacking strength

The streamer Mathil had a lead sprinkler build that killed Phoenix in seconds, that's why the price jumped to ridiculous levels.

Fuck, I usually keep an eye in streamers to avoid this kind of thing but I haven't really bothered to check in like a week, that's what I get

go for an EK nova assassin build. Void battery are cheap ~40c, or even more cheap with a PoH. CI based build are stronger but you can run a life based variant. You can facetank everything from T1 to T15 with really cheap stuff

For someone who is REALLY enjoying Grim Dawn, how good is Path of Exile? Would you recommend it?

Its free so give it a shot, i think its fun but the devs need alot of work on balance

Balance aside, I'd say it's pretty good mechanically, though.

Nice honesty

Dohoho, I just found a nice little 3-way cheat with currency to make a nice profit

Holy fuck its so easy

They aren't buying it 20:1ex now
There's like 2 or 3 people with listings but they're ignoring my PMs

Those are probably people who got in on the scam before you trying to influence the price. Same thing with essences, there's a wall of like four guys who have listings lower than average but they don't sell, they just wait for people to try to undercut them and buy.

I thought it might be something like that … I've seen a few people that just outright ignore messages for a few other currencies. It's not a bad scam, since players are generally isolated

Isnt better to go inquisitor for 0 resists? unless you are going ele penetration with wise oak
I'ts been a while since I played a shatter build, maybe this or spectral trow

Damn.

I'd probably be a lot richer if I didn't do this so often, but I feel bad when people fall for the "oh it's only 1c on poe.trade" thing without realizing they're either price fixers or shit rolls.

it's mostly a pure physical crit build. Your only soucre of ele is hatred, add fire & flasks.

What the FUCK is up with this hideout

Glowing embers. Glowing embers everywhere.

looks good

The wiki says Scorching Ray's debuff acts as a "more" modifier, but the skill gem itself doesn't. "This effect stacks up to a total of 8 times on an enemy for a total of 24% reduced fire resistance and a total damage multiplier of 420% more damage at maximum stacks."

Is it an actual more modifier? If it is, wouldn't the damage skyrocket as you add extra "more" modifiers to it?

iirc, more modifiers are multiplicative from different local sources; it would be additive if applied multiple times from the same gem… i think

I've been on both sides of this and tbh it doesn't bother me as long as the person gouging me isn't a professional trader.

It's nice when it's an honest mistake, but if the person is an asshole "LOL YOU SHOULD HAVE CHECKED BEFORE HITTING ACCEPT :^)" they can go fuck themselves

It's the debuff that is being stacked, not the skill itself, since having multiple players/totems apply it causes you to have two instances of scorching ray but doesn't lower resistances below -24% or increase damage dealt by each player individually. As a result it is likely that the debuff is multiplicative.

Have you ever jewed so hard you upset the other jews?

Finally sold my Anima Stone from a day or two ago…

So I made 22c from that trade over a day or so, rather than a quick 50c flip like I hoped, but I didn't really expect it to work smoothly anyways.

how to work up the motivation to get into this game again? i know it can be fun but having to run through all the shit to get to maps and start having that fun seems too much of a task. should i just neck myself?

NEW ENERGY SHIELD GRAPHICS ON THE UI

I"d suggest you wait a month or two for the 3.0.0 patch to drop. It adds 6 new acts, so presumably the content is less dry to get to the endgame.

Anyone know if they said if leaguestones will be in the core game after?

Just hit 1,050 chaos orbs from trading, yayyy

Rich get richer, makes me sad

Just for the privilege of using a mirror of kalandra on the best item, even.

I wonder what happend if you name stash tab "fuck you nigger" and put a lot of shit with undercut price and report everyone who whispers you.

Most likely in one form or another.

Won't be part of core gameplay, they said they would consider adding League as a mechanic in race leagues.

Mods might notice that a suspiciously large number of people calling your tabs "nigger"

that's what you get for playing SoftCuck

You get enjoyment out of having the game cuck you of your well-earned progress, yet you call softcore players cucks

How the fuck do I get into this game? I figured it wouldn't be that complicated because it's just a diablo clone, but people talk about it like it's a fucking MMO, there's a bunch of trading and lingo I don't understand. and it seems like the core game people don't like, just like in an MMO people seem to say the true fun begins once you beat the main quest. And there are all these uniques which seems to be the only items worth using. so how do I play and have fun with this game? do I just race to the end of the game and start trading for uniques and following build guides?

lmao

lol
This is just straight up not true. 99% of uniques are trash as in worse than a decent rare. Some are gimmick things that you can make a build around.

Everything you said comes with time. PoE is a game you NEED to put time into. Just play the game. Easiest way to start with that is to look at videos of the skills in the game. Pick one that looks good to you. Find a guide that uses that skill and isn't monstrously expensive (look for keywords like budget or look at the items' prices on poe.trade) and then play the game. While you follow the guide, don't do it blindly, think why the guide is telling you to pick the passives it does or why it tells you to use the gear it does so you learn from it. Use the Wiki to look up things. If you don't like minmaxing, grinding and aren't a borderline masochist when it comes to getting shit drops and being buttfucked by RNG then don't play this game. It's true that the endgame is where the game starts but if you don't like any of the game before the endgame you probably won't like it there anyway. Getting to the endgame i.e. mapping is around level 70 and will take you about 15-20 hours on your first time depending on how fast you're going.

That's how it is supposed to be, uniques have worse stats but offer something you can't get anywhere else. For example Shavronne's Wrappings has comparatively low energy shield but in exchange it prevents damage from bypassing it.

So why haven't you found a mirror yet Holla Forums?

That sucks, oh well.

If tabs are public they can be seen, and if you do public things it makes people upset.

Uniques are either

Just absolutely low level garbage:
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Last_Resort

Good for leveling up:
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Death's_Harp

Gimmicky:
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mjölner

High level / endgame / do something unique:
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shavronne's_Wrappings

Oh hey, important question;
If I have a vendor recipe that combines uniques into a new unique (say Berek's) and one of the rings is corrupted, will the result be corrupted as well?

Pretty sure they are familiar with how poe.trade messages work and who's to blame for the stash name.

To answer my own question: Yes, you can sell the items and you will get a non-corrupted version.

So much loot was dropping that my toaster couldn't handle it. I had to move two screens way from the bosses for loot to stop showing up.

But yeah, radiating/shining tempest is OP as fuck, shame that it only works if applied to enemies and not to yourself.

I finally got in the game after trying 3 times over the last two years, made a good lacerate gladiator with bringer of rain and I am progressing through mapping quite smoothly.

Found a Ngamuh's Flame just now and I am trying to get my resists to caps, I was surprised how important those really are, after I got my shit kicked in and threw a few chaos out in trade. Shit's vital.

When should I do Uberlab? I am clearing out Tier 7 maps consistently now, but still haven't done merciless lab

Ambush was a conscious choice. It was a +2 chest mod for a total of 3 chests. Don't think I would've been able to handle Breach.

I've seen two maps where the bosses drop more/better loot, both roahs. Are there any other maps with bosses that drop extra stuff? Feels like it's worth the time and effort and currency to get twinned and other good map mods and pop a radiating tempest leaguestone.

Also, does selling on poe.trade only work with premium stash tabs? If I don't have premium tabs, am I stuck using trade chat?

Uber lab requires you to have an extremely tanky build, merciless lab is far easier but it is fairly difficult to tell if you are suited if you don't elaborate on your build (passive tree, gear and life)

Either that or trading through forums and currency trades on poe.trade

You can set up a manual currency shop on poe.trade but its MUCH faster and convenient to pop things on a public prem tab

Why are jeweler's and fusings affected by quality, again?

because fuck people who just want to play and dont read up on shit like this on the wiki

It was added to waste currency, since quality used to be rolled back to +0% each time you would use a jew or fuse. And since that retardation is finally gone, I am guessing either because they forgot it even exists or because it ensures you are more likely to get a six-link in end-game than early game.

It was added as a convenience and actually used to consume quality, too.

But why? No other currencies care about quality

More sockets/links are objectively superior but something like a vaaled implicit has a drawback to it, same goes to mods added to items.

Do I craft and then regal, or regal and hope it doesn't roll a shitty ES%?

Just buy 6L Shav's :^)

That's not helpful.

If you want to be autistic, I would say to look at the list of prefix/suffix and see which are the most desirable, since rolling rare you might end up with like 1p/3s and be unable to add a crafted mod to it.

no. that mod ruins its chances.

regal then master craft if you need a somekind of chest, or reroll. that liferegen is a brick

Maybe it'll work out.

Welp just tried doing Apex of Sacrifice and I can't kill Atziri. She does her double Flameblast on my face and if I'm mid swing, I die before I can Leap Slam and run out of it.

I got 1 port left down to it if someone wants it, @Overcompensater

Even a shitty Internal Mantle has more ES than that, and adds a ton of damage, to boot. The only good thing about that is the 6L imo

If it doesn't sell I'll just wear it, I spent like 40c so that's not bad.

pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Darian/characters
Character in question is 'bloodcoated'

I think the boots and gloves are quite good, but I am struggling to see how I can transition from this into a more endgame build, as I've been relying on bringer of rain and Soul Taker a lot

Where do your resists come from?

From all over the place, I am near the caps for the elemental ones, but my chaos resistance in merciless is -60%

Seems fairly decent, you could probably aim for Constitution in the Scion life wheel for a bit extra flat life, but other than that I really have nothing to criticise. For merciless Izaro you should be fine but uber Izaro requires you to build around avoiding getting one-shot. For mana you could try to get some mana leech in the Duelist tree and maybe grab some life leech while you are at it so you can drop Jack for something better

I do not need mana currently, Soul Taker takes care of that and I can use 100% of my mana on reserved aura's.

I think the problem is that I essentially need to rebuild the character if I decide to get rid of bringer of rain to finally get a chest piece, which in turn I'll have to switch out my weapons too, get another helmet and figure out how to suddenly deal with the problem of my abilities costing mana.
At least I have a spare 6L Wings of Entropy sitting in my stash.

Merciless Izaro went down on the second try, it was easy, but I get one-shot by unique bosses occasionally which I would like to avoid. 3.7k life is not optimal

On a budget you can get The Perfect Form so you can ditch Soul Taker while still keeping Arctic Armor. Also the reason why I recommended mana leech is because you will have to eventually.

Seems to make sense, Wings of Entropy, The Perfect Form and then some kind of helmet.

I barely know the kinds of unique this game has and I got 3-4ex to spare for this character, are there any alternatives for the chestpiece or helmet?

In that case you can get a Kaom's Heart instead of The Perfect Form and ditch Herald of Ash. For a helmet I could recommend a rare that has whatever stats you need, since you're ditching Bringer of Rain, alternatively you can get The Gull for clearspeed if you don't really care that much about bosses.

Up to about 1475 chaos now

Kaom's Heart is listed at about 60c a pop, now. That's about 2/3 of an ex

The boots and gloves there are actually pretty terrible for a life-based build, because they have no life. You don't even have any real life on your jewelry or belt. Capping resists and getting life is WAY more important than stacking armor, high armor values should be an afterthought after getting at least 5k life and capped resists.

Also a Fangjaw Talisman with top rolls for flat phys and elemental resistances, maybe even flat life if you can find a decent one that isn't overpriced, can go a really long way. For my stun warchief it results in life going from 5.7k to 6.1k. Although I am technically cheating by having the BM passive along with the nodes behind it and Belly of the Beast, it is still an extremely good investment, since I managed to get t1 flat phys, t1 ele resist and around 60 life on it for only 25c.

Oh, I usually don't bother with talismans so I didn't really think about that one. Shit, yeah that implicit is pretty nice. Too bad you basically can't get top explicits on it for damage and shit because corrupted-on-drop memes.

It's what trading exists for, fam. Very few people buy talismans for anything other than dropping them into stone circles, meaning you can get extremely good shit for surprisingly low prices.

Not enough people even HAVE talismans for there for be any T1 damage+resists+life/es talismans. Plus, with essences, even T1 rolls aren't nearly as high as some essences can throw on gear.

That is why you get flat phys, life and all ele resistances, those two mods are extremely good on their own and require you to have only three good rolls instead of five or six like you would when aiming for t1 fire res, t1 cold res and t1 lightning res.

those three mods*

There isn't a fangjaw at all with T1 phys and any amount of decent life/resist combo. If you drop the +life then there's some options.
Hmm, there's actually a good amount of mid-tier stuff for super cheap, actually. Wish I knew about this when I was leveling characters.

How do you make a ranger not squishy? Or is that just part of her class? I can grab all the +HP% nodes I want and she just melts

Stack dodge. Hyrri's Ire, Atziri's step, Quartz Flask, Vaal Grace. And the rest is leech.

One thing I don't really know much about for weapons-based builds is whether to prioritize base damage vs attack speed. Crit is apparently the best more multiplier, but not all builds go for crit… What's a good % of leech to get?

Attack speed is a multiplier for damage, so you want to get both in good measure. At least 25%, more towards 50% with a ranger. Warlord's mark has 2%, I'd call that a base line for leech to get. The more the better.

Just tell him to stack HP or ES like everyone else.

I'd like to get back to this again but this whole trading thing is arcane to me. I was able to clear HC before without talking to anyone, so is this required now?

im scared of bartering stuff with randoms online

Solo self-found is a legitimate play style, they even added a toggle for it.

what's your %life on tree?

Talisman is the main reason I was hyped for Legacy, the talismans are way too fucking good.

You are bound to be capped without Hyrri's Ire, or at the very least close to it, so why not give yourself one-shot protection instead?

You can always play solo self-found if you want, but there are a lot of build-enabling uniques and superior gear that you are typically better off trading for.

PoE's biggest problem is the lack of tactical complexity though. Since you can build any type of attack skill and have several movement skills along with curses if necessary you can usually roflstomp everything once you have superior gear and attack skill, turning the game into a dull grindfest because you are obliterating everything too easily once you finish building your god-skill to obliterate everything in existence. It's more fun to make builds in PoE than actually play the game. The current meta is really all about clear speed and completing end-game.

Death's Harp is fine if you're making an elemental bow build now that it upgrades into a +2 arrow bow. Even without that upgrade, if you're a Pathfinder or Pathfinder Scion you can obtain an extra bonus arrow from your ascendancy. The damage on it is shit but it compensates for that by skipping the LMP support, letting you fit an extra flat damage support (ie. Added Chaos Damage) on it instead.

There's also budget uniques and hyperfocused uniques. For instance Tabula Rasa lets you make a 6L build really easily without splurging for more expensive 6Ls, but it has zero defenses. Kaom's Heart has no sockets at all but compensates for it by giving you a massive boost to survival. Ephemeral Edge has pisspoor damage but a giant boost to energy shield for pure ES builds.

And then there are magicfind uniques, many of which are awful in terms of defenses but will boost your loot drops something fierce, like Andvarius or Greed's Embrace or Wondertrap or The Ascetic.

Wtf is kitsungi supposed to be?

Hm, Death's Harp has a ginormous crit multiplier bonus. I think you can make an elemental death's harp/opus inquisitor build. Should hit pretty hard.

But so it crit. With attack speed, it naturally has diminishing returns because as you approach larger numbers, the function of 1/N ends up being less and less of a change. (Eg, having 1 attack/sec, and going to 2 attack/sec is a bigger change/value than going from 2 to 3 attacks/sec)

Haven't really made a Ranger in a while so I don't have an active character. Going to do a Brutus' Lead Scepter dual wield build on a mara though, since its apparently disgustingly cheap and gamebreaking.

Good meme

What's the drop rate on uniques? Like when I kill a monster, does it check to see if it drops a unique, and then determine the item type, or does it shit out a bunch of normal drops, and each one has a chance of getting upgraded? What's the sweet spot for MF% to get a "guaranteed" unique every map?

Also

It drops from the prophecy quest chain about the rival exile

This one. It's part of the reason why item quantity is amazing (the other is that only quant will benefit your orb drops).

No one's really done the math I think. Feel free to stack shitloads of magicfind and find out I guess.

as far as I know, when you kill a monster the item base is decided, then the item rarity is decided based on the item rarity on the map, the monster and yourself, these are all multiplicative with each other.

Is item quantity also multiplicative in the same way?

Yes, which is why it is so damn hard to obtain and valuable. Quantity is also the only multiplier that affects your orb drops.

That makes me wonder, could you have a party of one DPS and five autists with The Ascetic? Both rarity and quantity on that shit are good, you can have up to 1000% increased rarity or up to 150% increased quantity

up to 1000% rarity each*

Make sure to have someone run around with a Kingmaker too.

The main problem with doing this while mapping is that you only get so many portals to redeem your loot.

when are all those new acts coming in?

never

June or so.

Now to get 100% perfect colours so I can stunlock guardians, it is really a tough choice deciding between a green socket for poison to clear and cold penetration at the boss (due to Hatred giving just as much cold as I have physical) or red to clear with added fire and bloodlust to destroy anything that can bleed even without an aurabot.

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1891944
Damage Overtime Changes Part 1
Hold onto your exalts boys

So basically if I'm reading this right…

Seems alright?

I know this is a dumb question, but is it possible to play this without Steam? I'm trying to kick Steam out of my life.

What's the best summon build that can handle all of PvE (I don't care about Hardcore or Pvp, but I wouldn't mind trying Pvp as a Summoner-like class)? I just can't play these games without a pet/summon-type class.

Yes.
There are no pvp. unless its cutthroat league.
Any really. Insane horde of skeletons work, simple zombie horde work, raging faggots were nerfed but still work, animate weapon were nerfed but still work. And necromancer is one of the strongest classes with a lot of free cast/attack speed plus offerings that affect you. Oh and golemancer works too. And spectremancer.

That's wrong.
There's daily pvp events, including CTF, arena, and 1v1/3v3 duels. There's a lot of options, but nobody does them

Probably because PvP in any ARPG is unbalanced trash

I'm not going to argue with that, but there's a difference between it not being implemented/possible, and it being unbalanced trash

That was the point.

And? The feature is there, nobody takes advantage of it.

Conversely, summons are "okay" and can't do endgame content reliably, but everyone plays them, so?

Of course. They are great, but AI could be better. Just recently animate weapon was top tier build. And raging faggots is fastest leveling build I ever played.

No, I mean that balance and shit doesn't matter.

There are a lot of summoner builds that are middle tier and pretty much none of them low tier. Its perfectly okay way to play poe. Some people might enjoy it, some might not, but in general its perfectly average. And summoner is super strong. Having summoner around basically doubles everyone dps.

Yes
I'm not arguing that

Replace "summoner" with "pvp"

There is PvP, it is just that the only reason anyone goes there is to do their daily Leo quest or to bully others by preventing them from doing it. The entirety of PvP is simply trying to out-gimmick your opponent: for example, I have a PvP Puncture Ranger so I can simply apply a bleed to someone trying to get near me and then they bleed out before they even get close enough to hit me, or last league when I had a PvP Flicker Strike Shadow that could one-shot anyone that didn't bother adding life to their build.

so absolutely no one except people who don't know how to play?

In PvP people always focus on making a build that deals as much damage as possible, making them easy to kill. Players with more health require two hits and sometimes even three, meaning with Flicker Strike you can either simply kite around them until it is ready or attack them with something else in the meanwhile.

The boots have +57max hp, but I see your point on the gloves.

Thing is, gloves and talismans with resistances, physical damage and health are expensive as hell, but I see your point.
I can see myself getting better gloves with ~50 maxhp, but that is about it.

I feel like I am a dead end with this build and almost 4k hp, as switching to a 6L wings of entrophy, The perfect form and devoto's devotion turned out to be a large decrease in dps while also providing very little added survivability.

Still, I am easily plowing through rare tier 10 maps, dying only if I fuck up bad or roll a reflect mod. (which is manageable, surprisingly.)

Can I do normal Atziri with this?

Thinking of rolling up a dual wield Brutus Lead Sprinkler MS/Sunder berserker for the first time. Anything to be aware of?

Ah piss, a random Kaom's Heart just dropped, it seems that the game is telling me to ditch Bringer of Rain.
Without it, my lacerate will suffer a rather severe drop in dps that I am not sure I can deal with, without a 6L.

Path of Building links:
Current Bringer of Rain build: pastebin.com/RT5rAiYJ
Possible Kaom's Heart build, for which I have all the items for: pastebin.com/HVz8M1Rv

I am at my wits end how to make this work, I don't think 1,2k more HP is worth a downgrade of over 10k DPS, the loss of Cast when damage taken immortal call and having to deal with mana suddenly.

Ideas/suggestions highly appreciated here.

Don't wear it you stupid fuck. Kaom's Heart is not an item for one-handed weapon builds.

Wings of Entrophy is a 2H 6L that counts as dual wielding, I had hoped that would offset that

Wings are shit. Just get better weapon instead. And use kaom only if you have close to 200% increased hp. Otherwise just use belly. Wings can be used to have dual and two hand weapon passives. And they surely not worth 6l in them. And you probably will need a lot of flat damage on rings for them and it still be low tier build.

Can someone give me advice? Is this viable for warchief totem build? Going for berserk Ascendacy.

Tukohama fortress +Soul mantle + Self-flagellation jewel + facebreaker

Not sure if 1h weapon will work. You probably should balance over higher dps weapons, because fortress cost a lot and it provides 33% more damage. If you have 2h weapon with 33% more(or more) dps it will be better. Especially if you consider prices. Although I havent checked them, may be fortress is dirt cheap now.
Soul mantle is shit. And for facebreaker you either need bringer of rain of abyssus. Self-flagellation is fun, but its not worth all the problem curses bring. You will be slowed, cursed, and enfeebled at the same time. No matter what it will cause problems for you, even abyssus is better regarding incoming damage than that. Also I think they changed some helmet to provide flat damage.
So, facebreaker is okay, but with bringer of rain/abyssus/that other helm(if it exist). Fortress may worth it, but to be honest it will be wasted on you. Unless you have perfect steel rings rolled with even more flat damage and hp and res. And its legacy facebreaker.

Furthermore it can be considered old build. I would recommend something new and interesting instead. But may be its just my opinion and I played every fucking thing.

my calculation of dps is this

facebreaker: 700% damage
tukohama OR Skrimish or any shield : 40%/0% damage +1 totem
soulmantle + flagellation jew: 200% damage
Berserk acend: 40% damage

*forgot soulmantle give +1 another totem so 4 warchief totems which deal like 200k damage per second

What is new and interesting? I simply dont know any better

Totems cost quite a lot of mana. You will not be able to hold more than 6 curses on you and enfeeble will lower you damage by 20% and vuln will add 40% more damage on you. No benefit and only downsides. You will also need a lot of res to offset curses. Even abyssus… I am repeating myself already.
Flat damage is most important. Flat damage from abyssus or flat damage from bringer of rain is must have on facebreaker build. If you are okay with having vulnerability on you, than go for abyssus. ALSO you can go for Scion hierophant(+1 totem in helm) +
chieftan 15% additional fire damage + some survivability bullshit(+30% increased damage but its nothing)
slayer 10% more damage + 25%increased aspd after someone hits you.
So you will be able to have 3 totems(or if you have fortress) with bringer of rain. And no downsides to your survivability. You can also use that amul that gives you chance to crit with unarmed attacks. Although that variant is probably better for casters. But, its up to you. In the end you trading 30%~ more damage for 1 totem. 1 totem adds 33% damage if you have 2 totems already and 25% if you have 3.

I dont know, I was hyped by new league, but it was same old shit and nothing new. There are only few new unique items, check them out. But if you havent played a lot, facebreaker build might be new for you so its perfectly okay to play it.

okay i dont like totems anyway

you can also just have a warding flask unless that doesn't work anymore

Losing body slot over 1 totem is a bad deal. Warding flask will not be able to be up all the time and it adds a lot of micromanagement. Just going for scion hierophant with bringer of rain gives more benefits and no downsides, compared to mantle. Again, repeating myself.

Did we play a different game? Flasks are up near 100% especially in lategame.
Giving up a more versatile 6L for the BoR hurts. Getting an Abyssius would be just flat better. He's playing totem so he only has to watch out for 3 of the curses, and the others he can safely ignore. If he goes Hiero Scion then he's stuck doing less overall.
I really doubt he's going to be in melee range a lot when he's using a max totem build period.

It is viable but Tukohama's Fortress alone would make it expensive as fuck. Self-Flagellation is limited to 1, meaning you get only two curses on you most of the time and a maximum of five on maps with curses.

Also, "increased" is not the same thing as "more". More multipliers increase your total damage by as much percent as stated, while increased mods first add up and only then apply to damage. Facebreakers and Berserker are MORE modifiers, while Tukohama and Self-Flaggelation are INCREASED modifiers. Although Tukohama's Fortress is still worth it for the totem and due to how high the totem damage (which also double-dips) roll is, self-flaggelation is not really the optimal choice since you are going to have to use a ring slot to get "reduced effect of curses on you".

Or just go Hierophant for +2 totems. The damage output you get from multiple totems greatly outweighs the reduced damage per totem active.

Oh wait, nevermind, curses applied by Soul Mantle ignore curse limit. Still though for Facebreakers losing a ring slot is pretty significant, since rare jewelry and uniques are where you are going to be getting most of your flat physical damage.

Are FB builds the only ones that rely on steel rings?

You can also use Death's Harp with a corrupted quiver that gives +1 arrow. Those are probably much cheaper than Death's Opus and the level requirement is much lower. It's also usually much cheaper to make your own Death's Opus by purchasing a "The Bowstring's Music" prophecy and then completing it than to directly purchase the finished bow. If anyone is looking for a cheap way to make money on hardcore at least, upgrading Death's Harp is one of them.

There's also Pillar of the Caged God, but no one really does that since it's usually better to run Brutus' Lead Sprinkler, Hegemony's Era, or Facebreaker for whatever you wanted to do, but physical damage rings work well for pretty much any physical attack build. Especially since they get multipliers all over the place, including "physical damage added as" modifiers.

You can get Warden's Brand instead of steel rings, since it gives more flat phys than steel rings with t1 flat phys rolls. The downside is that the flat phys is the only worthwhile thing on Warden's Brand.

Speaking of meme builds, has anyone considered making a Dead Reckoning Build where you put Summon Skeletons inside Sire of Shards with Greater Multiple Projectiles, Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Fork, Chain, and Spell Echo?

By my understanding you could make like 12 skeletons that shoot 11 projectiles each in a nova. Make sure to get a Carnage Ape spectre so that it can give your skeletons frenzy charges, since monsters get +15% attack and cast speed per frenzy charge (as well as the +4% more damage), for a 45% cast speed bonus total. And then use Flesh Offering for another 30% increased cast speed and maybe a nice Haste aura too. It probably does terrible damage but at least you will cover the entire screen in projectiles.

Pretty sure sire of shards would only affect your own projectiles

Sire of Shards only works on the skills socketed inside of it.

On a side note if you are putting skeleton mages inside a Sire of Shards you can probably make a real damage build and still cover the screen in projectiles. Spell Echo, Pierce, Minion Damage, Elemental Focus, Controlled Destruction, Empower

You'd probably want a dual curse setup with Leadership for the AoE radius and give everything Elemental Weakness and Projectile Weakness.

Nope. Properties read "Socketed gems fire +4 projectiles. Socketed gems fire projectiles in a nova."

It works with skeleton mages. It also works with animate ranged weapons and spectres. I know spectre sire of shards has been done for a fact.

Obviously you would socket Summon Skeletons inside Sire of Shards.

The Tentacled Miscreations clip is making me wonder

Somehow I forgot to mention it'd be a dual-curse blasphemy setup. That's why it's using the Leadership passive for giant curse aoe.

Funnily enough if you aren't using Sire of Shards you could use the Dying Breath staff, stack Curse Effectiveness, and get a helmet with the +30% Projectile Weakness curse effectiveness enchant, and equip the Conqueror's Potency jewel for +102% Projectile Weakness effectiveness, giving everything 101% pierce chance without a Pierce support gem.

Is pierce actually that good? Ive always preferred chaining and they dont interact esp with 100% pierce

Chain penalizes your damage by 31%, only gives 2 extra hits per projectile, and uses up a support gem slot. If you are self-piercing with a big projectile weakness blasphemy and the Piercing Shots node cluster on the right side's outermost edge of the tree you just obtained 100% pierce chance without using any support gem (and the projectile weakness curse multiplies your damage, btw). Even a Pierce support gem gives +19% more damage (and becomes 100% pierce with either the curse or the cluster) and once you have 100% pierce you can hit more than 3 mobs with one projectile, so you just mass up a bunch of monsters and let 'em rip, hitting harder than Chain ever would. On a side note, a Deadeye Scion ascendancy with a Poacher's Aim unique jewel (it's one of the quest reward unique jewels from Act 2 Cruel's Through Sacred Ground quest), a Penetrating Arrow Quiver (that's an item type, not a unique or magic property), and the Piercing Shots cluster will also hit 100% pierce chance on your arrows without investing into any curses or support gems. Without a penetrating arrow quiver you will only max out at 95% pierce chance this way, although if you vaal a wand you can get +4-8% projectile pierce chance on it, and if you vaal a bow or quiver you can get +1 arrow on it (which replaces the implicit, so g'bye penetrating arrow quiver).

This is really old-school build shit from when PoE itself was in closed beta, but it's still damn good. It's also why a lot of us old hats considered the spork fotm to be retarded when it became popular because 100% piercing sparks were so much better unless you were wallspork shotgunning enemies for 9x single target hits. Your spork can hit 9 times total while you would easily hit more with 100% piercing sparks and those sparks would do full damage unlike sporks; if you flooded a room well enough, you could even hit the same mobs multiple times as the spark projectiles bounced back. The favorite of the auto-pierce shit back in the day was Lightning Arrow with a lmp or gmp though (pathfinder scion already gets +1 projectile from ascendancy btw) because while it pierces every single hit will also hit 3 nearby enemies, doing fuckhuge amounts of damage to packs, but these days pack clearing isn't an issue.

Anyway, yes, it's that good. You hit way the fuck harder and you hit more mobs. Chain is for suckers, unless you are combining it with a Fork that doesn't cost damage, like Rigwald's Quills (if you can get a +1 arrow corrupt on this it gets legit). I think you would need to be a Pathfinder Ranger for the free +1 chain and +1 projectile with a free fork from Rigwald's Quills on top to consider chain. I guess you could go Roth's Reach in mainhand with Rigwald's Quills in offhand and equip 2x Snakepit while casting spells for a +3 projectile, +2 chain, fork combo that doesn't use up any supports or inflict those painful damage loss modifiers. I guess that would be an Ice Spear build.

Oh i think i made a totem spork back then juuust after it was nerfed but i dont think i took advantage of pierce. Just totems.

Anyways if pierce is so good and chain/fork isnt, then how does the damage loss from lmp/gmp get justified if each can only hit one monster? The way i see it, youre getting a soft guarantee to hit everything at the cost of some damage, unless youre doing some on hit shenanigans

The problem is that you will generally hit just as many or more things with pierce than chain or fork. To top it off you lose damage with chain or fork supports while you gain damage with a pierce support (but you also have a number of methods to pierce without using the support gem). The need for extra projectiles is pretty much a given either way.

In case you're wondering, the difference between socketing a Pierce support gem and a Chain support gem on the exact same setup is that the Pierce support gem version does 72.46% more damage compared to the Chain. So… again. Why the fuck would you run Chain.

Okay im done give me meme builds to beat eangame content with ease which is also not expensive.

If i mean meme builds i mean all the memes. I dont give ashit anymore i just want to beat this shit game

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

fork is good for a Vaal Fireball build because every hit will explode and create new projectiles which can also explode, but pierce and chain don't create new projectiles and only explode once

Ancestral Warchief Assassin (for crit) or Berserker (for 40% more multiplier). Hierophant if you want to go full retard with four totems.

Is your name Sean?

I dont like vaal skills because they are difficult to spam… use it at the wrong time and you've gotta build up souls again

use one or two Sacrificial Harvest jewels, Vaal Fireball is very strong right now

Animate Weapon + Vaal Summon Skeletons should do the trick. Try getting a spectre of a Carnage Ape for his frenzy bestowing roar. Get Necromantic Aegis with Lycosidae so your minions always hit, equip Ephemeral Edge in your main hand and go make a CI build. Go put Frost Blades, Leap Slam, and Fortify in your weapon or shield. Frost Blades + Fortify is fun because it essentially gives you a ranged fortify. You should probably have some increased duration on Bone Offering because it gives you block and makes your minions hard to kill which is good because they're not as easily replaced.

That's about it I guess.

I cant imagine how does this work

someone donate me free items like shavs plox

Wouldn't Chain be good if you can get enough of it without the support gem? Ranger ascendancy and dual wielding Touch of Anguish + Frost Blades? Or if you want to go full meme, dual wield Mjolner with Lightning Strike.

Animate Weapon is basically Summon Raging Spirit, if SRS lasted 7.5x as long, could benefit from Weapon Elemental Damage support gems, and could get targeted by enemies. Actually you could probably do new Summon Raging Spirit on this build too, since base duration is 5 and max SRS is now 20, so capping spirits is pretty damn easy now with just the +110% skill effect duration from nodes. More minions is better anyway. Run some damage auras and watch your dudes go wild. Consider a lightning golem for its aura too.

You don't really give a fuck about the weapons you animate. Just animate as many weapons as possible (try to reach that 50) and consider starting a level with as many white claws and daggers as you can carry so you're off to a good start.

It's debatable. since you can get Pierce without the support gem too. If you can get Fork without the support gem also (See: Roth's Reach + Rigvald's Quills above) then chain has the advantage of doubling your projectiles as it smacks around everything.

Try it. You'll realize you're getting fucked by the bad attack damage of dual-wielding Touch of Anguish. You're better off using some spell setup with this, running a +1 tabula rasa like the ice spear setup I mentioned above (although come to think of it arctic breath might work well too).

Again, you will get fucked by the bad attack damage of Mjolner. Just get a 18%+ Lightning Strike, socket the free Poacher's Aim unique jewel, and grab the pierce node cluster. You will now pierce 100% of hits, no supports or projectile weakness needed. Now you can equip a real weapon.

Im afraid of animate weapon. What if rare weapon which i want to keep drops and i accidentally animate it?

You can only animate identified weapons.

You can't animate unidentified weapons. Unless you open a special strongbox that drops identified loot, I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about it chomping magic/rare/uniques (although there is one build that can do like a million dps with animate weapon by chomping uniques but no one does this shit because they will be gone forever so it's expensive as fuck). You are usually chomping white items, so unless a white 6S/6L, rainbow 3L, or 20% weapon drops, you're just going to be animating shit you would never pick up, and 3 of those you won't give a shit about missing out on.

On a side note, flat ele damage supports and auras are great for animate weapon. United In Dream would be a great weapon but it costs a ton and you have to make sure you can keep your mana reservation down, plus you lose out on Ephemeral Edge for your CI. Necros love having a ton of minion-boosting auras though.

siege ballista dex stacking bullshittery. though retarded the build is actualy pretty good.

Yep. I think you can also do Ice Spear Assassin and gear Marylene's Fallacy for easy ginormous crit multipliers. It runs the risk of getting owned by reflect unless you turn it into a totem build (ie. Soul Mantle + Ancestral Bond) though.

If you are using Soul Mantle + Self Flagellation you're supposed to be equipping 2x Thief's Torment for 100% reduced curse effectiveness on you, but you can't do that on a Facebreaker build without devastating your damage. As it stands covering yourself in curses will destroy you and your damage, so the self-flagellation "combo" is really not a smart idea. You can take out the Self-Flagellation jewel and just use warding flasks though.

Addendum: There is a helmet enchant that causes each lightning arrow to hit 2 extra nearby enemies.

So yeah, if it was ever in doubt, LA still has the fun distinction of being that skill which obliterates packs with just a 5L and no damage passives.

This pleases me.

You can only use one ring while wearing one. Just tested it, it locks the other ring slot. Can't put a second Thief's Torment in it either.

This.
Instead you should take 2xKikazaru if you want as much % reduced curse effect as possible, since it will give you 80% in total. Also reduced effectiveness is incredibly powerful, 40% alone is enough to weaken a level 20 curse to the level of a level 5 curse. Also the level 20 to level 1-5 is only in regards to the variable part of the curse, meaning shit like 20% extra critical damage taken from Assassin's Mark becomes much less dangerous. Obviously getting more than 40% is a good idea if you plan on getting more than one curse on you but it should be taken into account how useful it can be.

I know I'm popping quite late in the thread buuut

I haven't played PoE since Essence, what is the current FOTM? I was thinking of starting up a generic af non-crit Slayer as my first league character. Any tips other than the obvious AoE nerf?

Carnage Heart got boosted. Had its penalty removed. It's great with unending hunger.

Well if you have read the patch notes then you should already know almost everything. If you get an Ancient Reliquary key, just sell it on poe.trade, you very rarely ever get anything good and if you get something good then usually it is worth less than the currency you could have gotten for the key. In order to make a profit you really need something expensive as fuck like legacy Vessel of Vinktar or legacy Kaom's Heart. Oh yeah and you should definitely use all of the leaguestones you get when starting out, since the ones you get before maps have level restrictions. Also you're going to want to pay close attention to global 820 if you want to complete challenges, it is infinitely more useful than it was during Essence, even if it is starting to die out.

just got my first leaguestone, should I wait until monster level 25-ish, since the level restriction for ones found in normal is 33?

Just use them immediately. Since most stones are valid for five charges, that means you will be using a single leaguestone for five levels due to each following area increasing area level by 1. And since you can't use three leaguestones at the same time yet, you are bound to be have to backtrack just so you wouldn't end up wasting them if you use them too slowly.

Also for advice, I would recommend dedicating one stash tab specifically for essences and divination cards. Due to the demand for essences from challenges, you can make a pretty decent profit, for example I sold an Essence of Delirium for 25c and Essence of Insanity for 15c.

And since you missed Breach league

Don't use them with a character that hasn't reached high enough level to enter maps. You will sit in front of a portal you cannot enter.

user, I was referring to leaguestones and not breachstones

Oh, yeah. Leaguestones you better use immediately as they have a max area level where they will work.

Pity for talisman leaguestones as talismans dropped will have the low item level. Only talisman leagustones worth keeping are the ones which guarantee a stone circle as those don't care about area level and everything spawned depends on the item level of the talismans put in.

This usually ends up being a nasty surprise for a lot of people new to talisman league. If you're in hardcore and you put in a few high tier talismans the spawned mobs might destroy you.

If you play memecore, you deserve every death you get, especially if you don't know the mechanics

Oh definitely. I was just warning people so they'd know to look out for that. Most people don't expect that you can actually spawn absurdly high level monsters in your zone that will murder the shit out of you. Talisman was a bit unique that way.

Taste of hate is probably the worst flask I have ever had the displeasure of using, holy fuck.

What exactly do you dislike about Lightning Coil as a flask + damage boost?

It turns otherwise harmless physical damage into cold which can freeze you and the damage boost is barely anything. The build I'm running is somewhat squishy and being frozen is instant death pretty much.

So run a flask with freeze immunity? I mean I guess if you find that aspect is just too much for you to handle it's one thing, but one status condition should not be a problem, most people run a setup that can perma cancel all of them in some way.

Sure I could run a freeze immunity flask along side it but I only have space for so many flasks, and I really don't want to waste one on a flask that is worse for defense than a basic basalt flask.

It's great to mitigate physical damage when you have no other source for it, like on a CI build. And CI needs to acquire some anti freeze method anyway.

The damage mitigation is 20% physical is taken as cold instead. Compare this to a basalt flask which flat out prevents 20% of physical damage. The added damage would only be good on a build that's about converting phys to elements, while my build is a blade flurry assassin. There are already 6 other flasks I want to use, taste of hate doesn't even come close to being worth it.

You're judging the flask from the singular perspective of your build and not it's general usability in other builds.

The damage mitigation just moves damage around instead of preventing it and is worse for mitigation than a basic flask type, the damage boost it gives is only useful to a very specific kind of build and the other 2 lines might as well not even be there because they do nothing.

there's a reason it's one of the most expensive flasks, it gives almost as much mitigation in most situations and gives a significant dps increase for any build using phys damage

The only time the damage boost is significant is on a build that focuses on converting phys to elements. Oh a pure phys build, something like atziris promise, lion's roar or sin's rebirth can give just as much if not more while also costing significantly less (except rebirth). The damage mitigation is in most cases 15% less physical, and as I've said before basalt gives 20% while also being able to give immunity to whatever status you want.
The offensive component is mediocre and the defensive component needs either a specific piece of gear, ascendancy or another utility flask to not have a chance to instantly kill you in high tier maps. It may do both but it doesn't do either very well.

Cold resistance exists, user. Taste of hate just deletes 16.2% of the physical damage you take assuming you have at least 81% cold resistance base. On top of that it grants 6% increased max cold resist, which is 24% of the cold damage you would normally take. That's without doing things to scale the effect. Honestly the item is like having both a Basalt flask and a Sapphire flask in the same slot and the added damage is icing on top.

Additionally, the added cold damage has huge defensive value in that it allows you to freeze and chill things. It also scales with both Atziri's Promise and Lion's Roar, and scales better than Sin's Rebirth assuming you're not poisoning. You can also get Unholy Might from a few other sources meaning you don't have to use a fucking Stibnite.

Taste of Hate is a fucking good item user, especially because there isn't much you have to give up to use it.

I did forget about the extra 6% max res it gives, but that doesn't change the fact that you're still taking some of that 20%. Basalt is still better for pure damage mitigation. Basalt also doesn't have a chance to instantly kill you in high tier maps.
A tiny bit of damage from the elemental portion of atziris and some cold that isn't going to do shit unless your build is either converting phys to elements to get bonuses to damage types twice or just massive pure phys.
It's mediocre damage and mediocre mitigation that requires babysitting to do even that.
You've clearly never run a build that needs a mana flask and also wants 4 uniques that give massive damage boosts then.

what the fuck why would anyone willingly do that

So, I just did Merciless Lab blind for the first time. On SSF. On SSF HC. Image related is what I got for my enchant roll, as a melee physical damage dealer. Feels pretty E T H I C AL I guess.

Because sometimes you can't afford more than 0.8% mana leech and no regen maps exist.

Clean out your goddamn inventory holy shit. There are stashes before every izaro fight so there is zero reason to be carrying around maps.

If you're doing a Mind over Matter build, Lavianga's Spirit is a very good flask. Works great with Acrobatics.

bumpo!

how do i start jewing? I got a taliman leaguestone of ruins and want to sell it but im not sure how much its worth or how to go about selling it

Hello, Schlomo
How many Chaos/Exalts do you have?

I have 2 chaos, started playing on this week.

Ouch. Okay, so what I'd recommend right now is to get a character to 68+ and start doing maps. Until you have about 15-20 chaos worth of currency, it's probably better to do maps than trading.

What I recommend is grabbing the RGB 3L items (sells for chromatic), 6S items (sells for 7 jewelers), and stockpile any rare jewelry (rings, belts, amulets) from maps. There is a "full set" recipe of 9 rare items at lv 68+ that nets you 2 chaos orbs. That's what most people do to build their wealth.

Also grab any normal rarity Stone Hammer / Gavel / Rock Breaker you find; selling a map with a 20% quality hammer will give you a chisel, which is about half a chaos.

I can write up a short guide; in the meantime see
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system

thanks for the tips user, ill go grind then.

>SITES
These are the sites I use:
poe.trade/
currency.poe.trade/
poe.ninja/challenge/currency

poe.trade is the main one. It is much easier to flip currency than uniques. More on that in a second. Ninja is useful for monitoring the rough prices of items and to look at longterm trends. Basically use it to validate any high value trade, or a quick price check (though you can do the same on poe.trade, I find Ninja to be easier). The two sites will not match up 1:1, obviously, but an item should be roughly the same price on each.

>SETUP
Get a premium tab. This is essential. If you set up a public tab, it lets community sites like poe.trade sniff your stash and index it for trading. All you do is throw your items in it, and set a price and you'll get a templated whisper from buyers like like:

Even if you're a poorfag, you can still set up a manual listing on poe.trade (pic related). It's more cumbersome and expires after a day if you forget about it, but at least its there. Either way, it can take up to 5 minutes for the website to propagate your changes for others to see.

You also need a hideout (any will do).

>STRATEGY
If you want to jew, you're going to sit in your hideout. I've had 5+ whispers in under a minute and it's easy to be overwhelmed if you suck at multitasking. You won't be leveling much.

The biggest thing is patience. You get the best deals by having others come to you and paying your prices. If you go out and buy something from someone, assume the prices are going to make them a profit. If you do that, then your margin will be lower, or you'll have to sell for a lower price, wasting your time. Don't do this. Don't panic sell.

On currency.poe.trade, you can compare two (or more) currencies to see what the current offers are. For example, lets say you have 100 chaos orbs and you want to flip exalted. You'd look at "I HAVE Chaos Orb and I WANT Exalted Orb". Don't do this. What you are doing is what I described above. Instead, do it the other way around - "I HAVE Exalted Orb and WANT Chaos Orb". Now you can see what the other sellers are pricing theirs at. Let's say everyone is selling ex's at 93c, now you have a baseline price. That means you can post a buy offer at something like 91c:1ex and 'wait for someone to come to you. Sit on your hands for a few minutes to an hour, and boom, you just made an easy chaos in profit.

I've found the easiest way is to flip currencies. Uniques are fun, but everyone needs currencies. Chaos is your bread and butter. People are stingy with Exalted orbs, but I've seen them float between 90-94 chaos apiece, so it's easy to get a chaos or two if you wait. The biggest factor is to always have trades going. Don't save up 100 chaos, buy an exalted and then sit on it for two hours because that's time you're wasting. You should be constantly trading and profiting from every trade

After a while, you'll learn acceptable ratios and which currencies are in demand Alchemy, Vaal, Chaos, Regal, Fusings, Chisels, Regrets
An example of a good trade is to buy 10 alchemy orbs for 3 chaos, then sell 3 alchemy orbs for a chaos. Your ratio is 0.333x in the first trade and 3.333x in the second. These numbers look similar but they are completely different. If you take the reciprocal (1/X), you'll see that 1/3.333 becomes 0.300, which is less than 0.333. This means you are buying them lower than you are selling them (thus earning a profit). That means you are making 0.033 per alchemy orb (but you're trading in stacks so per-trade, you're making like 0.3 chaos each transaction).

Another example is chisels; you can buy 2.2 to 2.3 chisels for a chaos, usually. Then, you sell 2.1 or 2.15 chisels for a chaos. This is something like 43:20c ratio on the listing. You end up with a 0.05 to 0.10 chaos profit per chisel traded, which is about 1 chaos per stack / "unit of trade".

I'd like to again reiterate the concept of volume of trade. I've posted a listing for chisels at that ratio, someone sold me 200, another guy sells me 500, I'm suddenly out 35 chaos orbs, and then before one of them even leaves my hideout, I've got messages for a ton of buyers and before I know it, I'm sold out and +15c more profitable in as many minutes.

I had a few 80 characters, just starting to do maps. I had about 50c, converted all my currency and items to chaos and had 280c total. In a week of trading that went up to 1300c, and I can comfortably make any build I want to (excluding top best-in-slot ultra farming builds)

I also made $30 off TF2 hat trading and $40 when Undertale came out.

The hats was where I cut my teeth and learned how to merchant items, but was largely ineffective. The pricechecker and tradebots and currency manipulation was too much, and the proprietors of said websites probably made enough to make it a full-time living from it. It was disgusting.

Undertale was more amusing. Steam's community market didn't require a phone number at the time, and what I did was buy CS:GO backgrounds, melt them into gems, and then craft booster packs for Undertale. I'd sell foil cards on the market, and make complete card sets for badges (which would yield chat emotes on Steam). I would then sell the rarer ones for $5-$20, depending.

Wut
I guess I'll just bump

That seems a lot more straightforward than flipping essences like I've been doing.

For selling essences, simply find a certain person that buys all types in bulk, there are plenty of those.

You get better returns if people come to you. Additionally, essences are a bit of a specialty item and you'd be better off flipping money than essences in bulk.