How can anybody say RTS is dead when juggernaut like this is still coming out

How can anybody say RTS is dead when juggernaut like this is still coming out.

Fuck yeah Eugen, heil the Reich!

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/6dCKH
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gas yourself shill, that game is dogshit and worse in every way compared to Wargame

You played it?

The frontline system is objectively better than Wargame's zones
Also cover is a lot better, though that might be due to it being the hedgerows of normandy

There's a lot more aggressive movement on the map, though balance is really wonky right now

Come the fuck on now
Its not even an RTS, its an RTT
Ashes of the Singularity is an RTS though, but its not a juggernaut as well.

Did you pre order it to access the beta goy?

Looks like the Shill Division is out in force.

Well, I will take what I can get.

Besides, what's a juggernaut nowadays? RTS is low budget game.

Why so mad though?

More RTS/RTT = better.

It would need major financial support and market impact
Eugen is pretty niche and they're trying to fill the huge hole that Act of Aggression gave them

-Anything C&C
-Blizzards gookclicker
-Supreme Commander on ambition alone.
-Company of Heroes
-Fucking Lord of the Rings
Any of those had a bigger budget

Bigget budget I've seen one get on years has been Dawn of War 3.
Fucking Sega

By that definition, no RTS can be juggernaut but Starcraft 2.

Company of Heroes 2 doesn't look bigger than Wargame or this game though.

Neither does DoW3.

Total Warhammer is probably the most big budget strategy game.

Congrats on being wrong then
In marketing alone those two eclipse anything Eugen has has put out.

Almost forgot to mention World in Conflict and Age of Empires 2.

CoH2 and DoW3 got way more money in their budgets than Wargame or SD, simply due to who's publishing

Sega has a lot more money to throw around and afford to lose than say Focus or Paracucks

AoE3 got a pretty big budget too

Marketing doesn't make a big game though.
Those WERE juggernauts, especially AoE2.

Spellforce 3 looks pretty coolio, graphic-wise.

RIP Ensemble
Speaking of which, their last game is getting a Steam release.
archive.is/6dCKH

I'm expecting a dissapointment, but I'll probably end up getting it anyway.

Not expecting much out of Halo Wars, might worth a pirate.

Good old Micro$oft

Mind sharing why? Genuinely interested since I'm not in the beta.

BFME didn't have very big budget though.

Mid sized, but yeah you're right, not a juggernaut

It's very obviously done by the same guys who did Generals.

Trailer still makes me chill.

While I enjoyed 2, 1 was so much better and less MOBA inspirer, just wish it had free building like 2 did.

he's wrong. it's wargame in ww2. right now it's super unbalanced in favor of the allies, but the krauts don't have access to heavy tanks like the tiger etc while the allies get jumbos and crocodiles, so yeah. i can honestly say after about 300 hours or so of wargame that the frontline system is the best thing to happen to the franchise and maybe even the genre since possibly ever; it just completely changes the dynamic of each battle, makes every single part of the battlefield equally valuable, and leads to some genuinely and i hate to use this term organic combat. for example, i was advancing as the 91st luftlande and the american enemy i was up against had strongly fortified some buildings near the center of the map. no matter what i tried i couldn't dig him out. i tried smoking the advance and moving up flammenwerfers, bombing them, everything, but infantry in buildings is there to stay and is genuinely hard to dislodge. instead i encircled them, which moved the frontline up and had them isolated in a pocket (which is an extreme morale penalty), then simply bombed them with artillery and aircraft until their morale broke, then captured them all with some fallschirmjagers (when an enemy units morale breaks, they start falling back, and if you get a combat unit within extremely close range of them they'll surrender)

tl;dr it's pretty good so far. the only thing i'm worried about is parajew's involvement, which means hundreds of dollars of DLC that is absolutely critical to the game's development

Because it's shit?

This.

People like you are the reason RTS is a dead genre.

But RTS isn't a dead genre?

if you're such a shitty player that you allow your packs of tanks to get routed and captured, you're a retard, full stop

It's dead.

Yeah, this is a concern
All I'd really want is North Africa, East Front, and Early Cold War

why are you even letting infantry get close to your armor in the first place

But Total Warhammer got released last year?

Nah, it's shit. Also, why the fuck are you adding a question mark at the end of statements? Do you have brain problems?

You are one picky fucker, ain't it.

What I'm trying to say is that RTS ain't dead, bub. It's actually getting popular again.

If you really like classic RTS, Cossack 3 got released last year too.

Scratch that. Just read through your posts:

You're underage as fuck and don't belong here.

Chill out dude.

The thing that worries me is the morale. Tanks routing due to mortars and, like you said, massive morale penalties for encirclement. Units routing is probably the most annoying way to handle it. Morale affecting aim, reload times, etc is fine and all, but tanks straight up turning tail due to mortars (unless they're real big ones) just sounds annoying.

Do they still have the supply mechanic? Because it sounds to me like the encirclement penalty would be a lot more natural if morale malus just fucked accuracy and reload times while the real meat came from units running out of ammo with no possibility of resupplying.

TW:W is not an RTS.

No fuel, but there's still ammo

Man, I'm glad I'm not this mad all the time.

It does look like a cuckchan crosspost

Cossack 3, pretty much a remake of the 1st game in 3D.

But yeah, there are way more interesting RTT games nowadays.

tanks take into account penetration chance when morale damage to them is calculated, so a tank getting banged away on by an AT gun that has zero chance to pen will take no morale damage. artillery is different, but larger tanks will still not give too much of a fuck about it - the jumbo and AVRE in particular give zero shits about anything below a rocket strafing run or a panzer iv's shells. infantry morale breaks too fast and this is a common complaint in the forums; one long machine gun burst and they'll flip out and refuse to do anything aside from fall back, but tanks if anything are too resistant to morale damage (except for German tanks, which get bounced once by an allied AT gun and lose their minds)

actually i'm wrong, tanks will still take morale damage even at 0% penetration chance. it's severely lessened based on the attacking weapon's calibre, though - an 88 causes more morale damage than a 37mm

Thank d*g I could still refund it

this post is wrong in so many ways

i hate to be the "b-but it's beta" faglord but it's prerelease dude, they're adding like 18 more divisions for release
i agree
true, but do you think they had magical repairbots and nano-medics in ww2?
we heard you the first time
do you really want tons of kubelwagens or jeeps with no weaponry whatsoever kicking around? just reuse your halftracks for important advances. you are taking halftracks, right
this i agree with, their vehicles shouldn't disappear
station infantry in forests or buildings and turn off small arms. if an enemy tank wanders into panzerfaust/AT grenade range they are dead 100% of the time. learn to ambush
marders are unbelievably good, you can take two 88s in phase C, and their aircraft and fallschirmjager can kill all but the heaviest tanks. i agree their tank power is lacking; the stugs in particular are total fucking garbage for some reason but as someone who mains 91st unless you get rekt in phase A for playing like a total retard you're going to win. just play a good air game and by phase C you'll have an overwhelming advantage, and as long as you're using recon you'll be able to destroy or push back any armoured advance with airstrikes

Do tanks in Steel Division run out of fuel after crossing about half of a 5 mile map?

Yes, luftlande suffers heavily in mobility after deploying

Because every bush, tree, forest, construction, rocks make you lose LOS, so it's even easier than in Men of War?
Because infantry can only be spotted reliably by recon infantry (not recon vehicles).
Because tanks can only attack one target at a time and cost around 100 to 200 points when infantry cost 10 to 60.

Pick one.
It's a shittier version of Wargame and OP is a fucking shill.

That's a straight up lie and you're probably OP.

sounds like you're just bad at the game to me

oh boy another modern/ww2 military themed rts. those are usually the most interesting games

Is this supposed to be a bad thing?
Tanks have shit optics, make sure you use your recon and infantry

Fuck off m8.

Replaceable parts and extra soldiers were a thing in WWII.

There's not much point in using AT mustangs instead of bomb-using spitfires as the reload time for AT-mustangs is completely fucking attrocious., and those AT-mustangs won't even kill a panther in the first place.

Yeah, 5 to 30 kilometers behind the front lines.

Because a truck driving up to the front to unload reinforcements is completely unthinkable, right?

i can't speak for mustangs, but AT Typhoons will absolutely kill anything the Germans can field if you hit them from the sides or rear

It's not a bad thing IF you do a Men of War or something type of teams, where everyone has access an infinite amount of varied units. Because you can have a counter.

It's a terrible thing when you are playing infantry decks VS tanks decks, where the amount of infantry one can bring is cheaper and far more numerous than what the other guy. Then you add that the regular mode is the most retarded game type of the STR genre (guy that occupies more of the battlefield get more points = whoever wins first engagement wins = infantry need to cover most of the map. You have a mech deck = less units = you lost. Because you're you noob LMAO! So wrecked XD).

BTW can you guess what type of deck those guys:

are using?
91st Luftlande Division = elite infantry + big guns.

So you have two guys abusing an obvious design flaws having fun wrecking "noobs" (that probably have hundreds or thousands of hours of wargame, FFS it's a niche game of a niche genre meaning basically only fans and QA have the game at that point) and will complain to no end when it gets nerfed VS guys that see how retarded the whole mechanics of that game is.

P.S.: I don't lose, I spam cheap infantry/recon with a couple of support guns and the occasional big tankā€¦ and wreck people shit all the time, it's just that I tried to do something else, since the game is specifically build around not everyone doing the same thing, and it simply doesn't work. While in Wargame you can run a tank deck/air assault deck/motorized infantry deck and fight toe to toe with pretty much everyone else running a tank/air assault/motorized. Because the counters aren't perfect but do exists and because the game point system encourages you using your brain to win engagements, not just occupy space.

The two mechanics, the frontline thing and especially the capture/morale core concept are plainly bad concepts that fuck up the whole game.

Logistics is one of the most challenging aspects of warfare, modern or historical. Generally replacing a destroyed unit would require trucks being used for ammunition and other supplies to be diverted. you don't ever really gain anything by doing it since other units have their capabilities reduced. You're far more likely to see one fighting group halt and be relieved by reserves than have a group try and repair and re-organize their troops in the combat zone.

But most people acknowledge that 91. Luftlande is the weakest deck in the game. Now admittedly the Scots are the strongest, and one reason for that is their cheap infantry, but they're an infantry division, so meh.

Balance is wonky, and 12. SS and the Scots are objectively far better than the American armored and Luftlande, but this is a beta with 4 decks out of 18. I basically never lose with 12. SS, panzer grenadiers are rape machines with their 2 MG42s, the Beute Firefly is a hilarious troll unit, and once you reach Phase B you're rolling in PIVs.
Look, most people in the beta are bad, infantry are very strong because this is a WW2 game, and expecting to get away with some kind of exclusively armored push in hedgerow hell is retarded.

The frontline mechanic is better than Wargame's capture points, I don't know how anyone can argue that it isn't, and the capture mechanic is explicitly there so that a tank that overextends can be punished even if you're playing someone like Luftlande who struggles massively in dealing with heavy armor.

its so uninspired. there was a period when this type of crap was popular, guess what happened immediately after they ran out of ideas?

Find another setting that has such a wide variety of equipment in use

Go back to whatever shallow garbage you play

Anyone here played Armies of Exigo?

Shit's ball busting hard on Hard.

go to the Eugen forums and write a 10 page post about how Stugs were invincible and cute and how Jumbo-chan is an overweight pig, followed by accusing madmat of nerfing the Stug since he's jealous of her sleek curves and smooth barrel

Steam forums is the naziboo crying central.

If it weren't I'd probably buy it day one but here I'll wait.

Just the tip of an iceberg

So, who's right?

Who knows, I'm not a historian. I can spot a dumb fanboy a mile away though.

I'm a wehraboo and even that sounds like bullshit.

*oink oink*
WHERE ARE MY ESTROGEN PILLS!?

What?

I don't know, It's just so fucking funny to mock the /leftpol/ BO. I crack up when I see it.