New From Software game or God Eater?

youtube.com/watch?v=1qlKNHgxmSE

There's been some argument about whether this game is a new From Software souls like or a new God eater.

The arguments its a new Souls Like have to do with Bandai Namco have published From Software games before, Prepare to Dine is an obvious play on prepare to die, and its likely a new multiplat franchise which will have bloodborne esque gameplay similar to how Dark Souls was a new Demons Souls multiplat.

The Argument its a new God Eater is that you eat enemies/bosses in God Eater and it was just a really poor choice of words for a slogan, the teaser trailer is nothing like any other souls teaser, and the creature 9 seconds in might be an ogretail from the series.

The argument against the above argument is if its a new franchise with clearly more modern esque elements they wouldn't be afraid to hire an animator to just animate a trailer for their new game in 2D fashion which obviously wouldn't be representative of the actual gameplay itself, and they already teased a new God Eater here so why would they release a trailer for an obviously new IP called "A New Project From BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment - Teaser Trailer" if it was just another God Eater.

youtube.com/watch?v=pbtI1PscW0k

Very recently.

I'm going to go with neither.
It's probably Bamco trying to use two established franchises to shill a new awful game.

Knowing how mediocre namco is, it's probably fucking Bloodborne 2: Vampire Boogaloo or some shit.

This
Kadokawa will probably be at E3, might have something from From.

meh

That shitty edgy werewolf themed femmed out Tales put me off of the series forever and this looks like it could be a sequel to that piece of shit. How dare they even put "berserk" in the title.

Something new that happens to riff off of both of those series heavily. A lot of the art looks like God Eater in a different, 2D style. Gas masks aren't really a thing in either though, and if it was just a sequel there'd be more than whatever this little nonsense is and it wouldn't be vague.

pls leave

It's not God Eater they already have a few teaser trailers for 3, it's most likely a new IP.

But Berseria was a really good game excellent combat.

teaser is too weeb for bloodborne 2

I'm going with "western developed shit".

could just be a "stylized" teaser and has nothing to do with the actual in game engine or whatever else.

They've never done anything of the sort and have no reason to start now with an established IP.

Even with the image, I still nearly fell for it. Berseria is that shitty.

If it was a From Software game, Bandai Namco would have put their name on it. I'm banking on a new franchise, and if the art style in the trailer is what the game will look like, it'll probably be something like Salt and Sanctuary.

It's almost 100% not a FROM SOFT game, since they're currently doing not one but two large scale multi-platform projects, one being yet another Armored Core and the other being a new IP(probably whatever Myazaki's robot space ninja thing that he mentions from time to time is)

IIRC Miyazaki has had a rocky relationship with Bandai Namco and by the sound of it wants to work with other publishers now that he's president. I very much doubt this is a From Software game.

yeah this reeks of low effort western "style".

Nigger From is owned by Kadokawa, they have no more deals with Bandai and I'm sure the first wants all the profit now.

People should stop expecting that Bandai announcements will be anytjing related ro From.

How many From IPs have ever been published by Namco?

The Kadokawa takeover was after Bloodborne was released and after Fromsoft had established the publishing rights to DaS3.

Dark Souls and Licensed games mostly Gundam related.

tekken and Ace Combat….. you forgot Ace Combat.

So Famitsu gave some info apparently. It's dark souls with blood (so bloodborne) made on unreal 4 by the god eater dudes. Official info to come on the 20th.
tl;dr : Namco wants the bloodborne-but-on-PC niche money.

I'd post some gold faces too but truth is I hated god eater so I can't rightly be too excited.
Besides I'm an idort

So it's the Metal Gear Survive of the Soulsborne series?

It's a new IP technically (working title is Code Vein) but the intention of making a soulsborne knockoff is pretty evident.

kill yourself

as long as it's "souls-like" and not "a soulslike"
"Wow Jim, that's a cool game you're playing, it's very souls-like" - acceptable

"Wow Jim, what did you call this genre of games again? soulslikes?" - kill your friend

Don't try to argue with him user, he just hates a term that has no obvious alternatives because the vaati faggot used it as if it was a revolution in the industry or something.

Where the fuck is my Armored Core 6

They also published Armored Core 5 and Armored Core Verdict Day

Doesn't look anything like a from software Souls game. Prepare to Dine totally sounds like something some uncreative PR wanker would come up with.

It's probably some new shit game that's going to be underwhelming as fuck.

I dont want it to be a Fromsoft game.

Well scans are out, it's literally God Eater Bloodborne.

I liked 75% of God Eater Ressurrection, so I'm game.

I like God Eater so it might be cool, Wonder if it will get a PC port like GE did.

Posting the rest that I missed.
I wonder if this is actually in the God Eater universe.

Looks like you make your own character.