Kenshi Thread 3

Its an open world, squad based RPG based around getting the shit kicked out of you until you level up to kick the shit out of other people. Also there is base building.

We hit bump limit again instead of just dying off so it looks like the ride hasn't ended quite yet.

Here's the latest torrent that I know of.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ABAB9CE4E8F0A43279550826C946A41C0AA0696C&dn=Kenshi.v0.95.27.zip&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fp4p.arenabg.ch%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.aletorrenty.pl%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2feddie4.nl%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ilibr.org%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ilibr.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zer0day.to%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fp4p.arenabg.com%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.internetwarriors.net%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.me%3a2800%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.to%3a2780%2fannounce

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/zoxmxc.7z
volafile.io/r/HF33Go
kenshi.wikia.com/wiki/Plank
8ch.net/v/res/12396982.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is Kenshi - a real-time strategy, squad based, sandbox, base building, raiding ninja assassin squad farming simulator set in a post apocalyptic future. You will either die, go to jail, be enslaved, rebirthed or you will survive by stealing, raiding or rebuilding enough tech to claim a piece of dirt long enough to grow enough food not to starve to death, while 30 angry factions with bad attitudes take turns raping you when your vulnerable.

Some screens from my game, I named my faction
"Ash's Mountain Ninja Harem" currently we are running around with bags of ore to build strength for 'meh gains'.

So when is the ETA on this releasing ?

This or next year is the plan, but knowing the devs they will probably fuck it up somehow.

releasing is such a meme

Where did you get all those guys?

each town and some villages have around 0 to 3, there are 10+ or more such places to hire people. when you get close to a city it has a loading message at that point your city is being RANDOMLY generated for shops and recruits, if you don't like what you see considering loading an earlier game. also if you import into a new game, all the cities are reset (for followers and shops).

Well I know that, I mean did you just grab every single person you could find?

Looks like you basically got 30 people already.
Do you have a large enough base to support them? They must chew through a ton of food.

Like to keep my squads small, seem to gain experience evenly across all the characters and less worrying about hauling around a shitload of food and sleeping bags in the wild.
Also makes the game a bit more challenging.

Can you rape Holy Nation patrols with that massive group of unskilled conscript bitches?

I only have 1 guy and a bull i bought off a farm, nig.

I bought 27 desperate scrubs willing to serve me with all 1s. Now they are sitting at about 30 average stats. Have 1 each with 80ish science, armies, weapons. The rest are all farmers or labourers. I have not attacked holy nation yet but I take down a gorilla in 3 seconds.

god i hate hunger and thirst in games

HAHAHAHA I DID IT, I GOT A FUCKING PACK BEAST, IT ALSO COME WITH INVENTORY FULL OF TRADE GOODS. Too bad i can't sell my bull so it'll just be a living container since i'm afraid of storing my shit in base in case of thieves or bandits.

Shieeet nigga, 10/10

There isn't any thirst feature, also you can just set the hunger rate something to 8.0 so it'll take days for characters to get hungry. Also it's too bad skellingtons can't put on shirts and hats, the only reason i play as humans.

what are some decent settings I'm not toaster-tier but I'd like it to not take forever to load. I could just lower everything and continually play around with it until it works. Anyways made a female with massive tits just to load the game once, gonna play as a bone man for the hell of it.

Nigger cannibals attacked my bull out of ass and ran away before i could get there, luckily i was close and they didn't take my stuffs. I'm going to fucking burn their capital later.

I think it'll always take really long to load, just play windowed and use programs like Borderless Gaming or some shit to make it borderless and alt tab while you wait for it to load, that's what i did.

I think it was needed, you have hungry bandits running around and shit.
It also plays mechanically
If you are on good terms with Holy nation and hungry or injured, their paladins will feed and heal you.

NPC's that are hungry may try to steal food from you when shopping.

If you don't want to run around the entire world for recruits, or import spam a good option is the recruitable prisoner mod.

Here's some pics of what I'm working on currently.
I've been recruiting mainly from cannibals and fogmen to make things intresting.
Two bases right now, the second one in the foglands which is turning out to be one of the best base locations I've encountered.

My armor and unifrom standards.
Varies based on the weapons and their roles.

Can't get them to stand still because I have them all doing jobs.

Not making a massive Skeleton clan with the "Recruitable Prisoners" pack

I can't make a building unless I come up with some kind of utility for it.
I wish they kept the small shacks, for the player to make, those were great for battery buildings.

My thoughts exactly

What do you mean? Isn't that the first building shell you can make?

In keeping with the theme of martial arts and primitive tech, i do wish they'd add bows,spears, harpoons-guns, and crossbows for personnel.

They did add a bulk of those though.

Also I cannot stress enough, build crossbows and lights outside your buildings.

I really like how illumination works and it effects accuracy with things.
Whenever a big attack comes I put my workers on crossbows on the buildings they work in, in case the gate breaks down.

Will i get attacked if i build a small summer house with a smithery somewhere hidden like deep in a forest, empty plain of nowhere, or slope of a mountain?

hunger and thirst isn't bad – especially if you go advanced options and up it past 1.0 to 4 or 8, some mod removed it completely if you need. I don't mind it, but 1.0 is a little rough 8.0 is too easy. (I'm a newer player so I never played without it)

Polearms and Naganita Katana.

Well, where is a good location for a base? I almost never get attacked sitting between Hub and Stack and Hive Village, although I have every resource my ground is so hard to build on.

Does anyone know the use of carbon? I have yet to ever see it's use and it never turns up on prospect.

Important thing to note, never use a mod that entirely removes hunger, I've heard that the hunger rate is also the hunger restore rate and if your hunger never changes any characters you get with malnutrition penalties will have them forever. This will also mean you can't recover from getting your nutrients sucked out by spiders.

Carbon currently has no use, it'll probably be used for steel production in the future.

Kenshi threads and the game is comfy as fuck.
Now if only the devs would speed up and finish the game already so that I can quit my job and build comfy bases

I've played this game a lot more and for much longer at a time than possibly anything else in the last 5 years. That's not bad for a game that "isn't done".

Behold, the power of moderator autism.

that's sick mate, so tell me–
i know 1 place for ancient books and 1 place for engineering books, is there actually "more" or "a lot"?

Check the ruins for yourself. Loot is randomly generated.

thats not me btw i only have 352 hours

Someone answer this pls

Will the ruins i've looted before refill with loot?

The only thing that respawns are the books that are on the shelves of the lost libraries, and those apparently only have a 1/5000 chance of being something useful. If you want more once you've cleared everything out you'll need to import.

I don't think any place on the mob is safe from roaming aggressive .. something or another. Certainly some areas are a lot easier though.
I was wondering what you could do after 1000 hours.. haha.. anyways thanks, i've spent too much time around holy and border lands need to explore a lot more.

Never thought of the import feature, thanks.

Well shit. I just hope my little safehouse i built in some slopey mountain near World's End will never be touched. How do you know if there is an attack on your outpost?

oddly enough, in my case, nothing has ever been looted from my outpost when i'm not home, that i know of.. i've got a couple weapon storage units with .. priceless gear there too

ps– i'm reading some random things about how if you build in certain areas it can't effect your standing with the local power. i have no idea how that works though, maybe because i built in the borderlands, i also though have no traders.. really this game has sooooo many unknowns to me even after 60 hours of playtime i'm just a newbie. lol

If you build places without bandits or raiders normally, you will probably not be attacked.
But you probably wont have any trade either.

Is it possible to have laser weapons on that game?

Nah, you just increase the outputs of your batteries.
Anyway harpoons are neater then lasers.

so proud.
today my main guy sitting outside of a town alone gets jumped by 8 bandits, they get sliced to bits and he walked away.

Wrong

That's not the worst palette but the style is dogshit.

They would be better served with some stylistic cel shading or something to that effect.

I hope all their assets are placeholders.

I wish
What really really needs to happen is blending with buildings and their environment.

The lines around buildings are just straight lines, piles of dirt, small plants growing, or sand piles would do a lot to break up the building edges which are fucking jarring.

The game looks like such shit because the geography is pretty retarded.
Erosion is a thing, hills and mountains do not fucking work like that.

you pretty much described what I did, beyond adding green and blue to the colors. I used "mostly" for a reason, implying that was the majority, not all, of the colors.

Regardless, those other colors are just as bland and boring.

probably so. Still wouldn't help the color scheme much.

abandon hope

No you used the term open world game like a fucking moron.
Its a sandbox in every definition, not an open world with a set main quest, which is a typical RPG just with large levels and exploration without borders and usually loading times.

I understand what you're doing, you want to shit on a game, your welcome to do so, but every step of the way I'm going to be shitting on you as well.

I guarantee you I have more experience at it then you.

it will never end

Wew lad.
Also armpit is trash tier fetish. I don't have any reaction images to combat yours on my work comp.
So take some dank OC from /domg/

Eh, it's not the greatest. Vore, Futanari, Traps, and Scat are all trash tier though.
And speaking of shit, I was trying to recall where I'd heard that name you're using to namefag with before.

And now I remember:

And if you're here arguing with a shitposter on Holla Forums, you must not be working too hard. More like hardly work, eh Derek? Then again, I guess you're just struggling to stay relevant in the game dev scene, yeah? It amuses me to no end know now that this is where you've wound up. You're a trash game developer struggling to get any sort of attention to keep feeding your ego.

That is of course, if you really are Derek Smart. But then again, who the hell would want to namefag as some overly-egotistical chump who can't make a good game to save his life?

Nope, sorry.

I really love it when new friends double down instead of not posting and lurking more you only reveal how out of place you are.

No one likes Derek Smart, people used to shitpost /scg/ before the exodus by making their name field as Derek Smart, I was one of the first where it became a meme.
To the point Mark has changed name fields of everyone to celebrate some bad event of SC.

I'm guessing from your familiarity with his name but unfamiliarity with the meme around it that you are from an Star Citizen subreddit.
Which is further compounded by the fact you don't bring up SC at all despite that's the only reason Derek is relevant.

Are you (84)?

On top of that its Nero, a character that has existed for nearly 10 years, but has only recently been popularized by smug posters.

Often because the posters are children who are only NOW learning of anime that others have been over and done with for years.

So you're an oldfag who wants credit for starting a meme?

Now, I will admit, i didn't even start browsing image boards until about 6 months prior to the exodus. I still lurked the 2 years though.

I'm familiar with the name because he kept cropping up during the gamergate shit. So I looked into him a little during all that and turned out he's a fucking nobody with a huge ego.

Why would I bring up that dumpster fire in the first place? Derek is notorious for having a huge ego, the only thing he even had to do with Shit Citizen was criticizing the dev and sperging about it. And the Shit Citizen devs are mega-jews who will never complete the game or fulfill their promises.

Smugs are eternal, oldfag.

It shows how much the cancer has grown if you feel comfortable sharing this.

I hate to interrupt this undoubtedly important e-dick measuring contest, but I'm super stoked to say that the model for the race mod I was working on finally got completed and its now playable. The UV map is kinda fucked still so there are shading problems, and customizing the face beyond the neck and jaw is also impossible (until I can find a guy willing to add all the bones to the mesh.), but still its mostly behaving like it should.

Is this regarding the gender fluid cyborgs?

Well when you say it like that the whole thing sounds like a terrible idea but yeah, that's the one.

people told me that there were merchants but i dont see a single caravan In Okram's Pride, are they rare?

They should be a bit rare I think. I can't remember if they were disabled temporarily awhile back or not. You can fix this by downloading the Faction Caravans mod though.

is the head size too big or is that just because the pictures were really close to the face? Good stuff making a mod btw.

What exactly are you referring to?

Thanks! I'm having a lot of fun with it.

to play whit new mods on a vanilla save it's sufficient to just import the saved game?

I actually don't know, I've never tried using a mod without importing. It might work though.

Its cool nigga, I've read a lot of books and movies on the concept when it was more philosophy then SJW degenerate corruption.

They still exist, they are just rare.
Where I'm building, I'm on a literal trade route.
The green road shows up when I click road debug.
Without the mod I have traders come by every blue moon, with it, its every other day.

Depends, when loading the game it will tell you if you should import or not.

They do if you import your game.

Noticed something weird while trying to create new armor in the FCS.
For some reason, AI cores don't have any references to any loot spawns. I think they are supposed to spawn in post-ancient workshops and its not happening, but they are spawning in containers at the machinist/tech hunter HQ.
Even though I couldn't find any references to AI cores in that place but they are still spawning. Not sure what the fuck is happening, shit is weird.

Know some modders have noticed this and introduced ways to get AI cores, like making core carriers that rarely roam around ruins, typically with skeletons who have 60-80s combat stats and good gear.

Also modified the guy with a dog custom start to actually generate a mountain dog instead of a regular bonedog. For some reason it was changed a few versions ago.
And I'm trying to reintroduce the old start of the hungover ninja in a different location, maybe in Rebirth. Trying to figure out how to spawn him exactly where I want and get them and get attacked right off the bat by the mine guards.
Don't really want to use reputation, maybe with a high bounty? I think there is a way to have him start already enslaved by holy nation but not sure how to do it yet.

There seems to be a bug with pathfinding that won't let some merchants walk into your base because of the walls/gate. In my first game, had merchants every few days but suddenly stopped when I built walls.
Game is kind of weird with caravans, my outpost was nowhere near roads and was still getting merchants before the walls.

Also make sure your outpost is set to public, they might not show up otherwise.

Tried this game about a year ago.
Guess it's time to re-download.

If any anons here are doing mods, here's an idea:
A game like this needs magic.
Not "Fireball lvl 4" magic.
I mean science shit. Super advanced stuff that's rare as fuck but people think it's magic. Should be costly.
You could have "Necromancers" that animate the Skeletons.
You could have elementalists that use magnetic harpoons to call down lightning or fire-lobbing guns.
And you could have Warders that "cast protections and blessings around buildings", by which I mean, they set up a forcefield.

Then slap an AI in a computer somewhere calling itself a devil and you can have Warlocks that make a pact with a demon and gained great powers, for instance: augmentations. The trick is, they got a chip on their head. If they fuck up, the demon is displeased and their heads blow up.
Bonus points if you name the AI Daemon.

Something smaller and a doubt I have. Back when I played the game, building stuff didn't take long and neither did most of the crafting. But mines and shit like that took a fuckload of time for no reason. Looking at sand for 20 minutes waiting for some chink-ass motherfucker to dig up a stone ain't fun.
Is that changed/re-balanced?
Or is there a mod/file I can edit to change how fast they do stuff?

I think so? Also, it depends on labor skill.
Definitely.

As for magic in general, man I wish you luck. I have no idea how you could do it but it might be feasible. If you could figure out how to make workshops input materials to spawn NPCs you could get the Skeleton thing at least.

A lot of things in the game are currently hardcoded and I have no idea how to tweak them, FCS doesn't have a lot of features it should.
Think all that stuff is written in C++ and if you're autistic enough, could reverse engineer how the game does shit.

I was testing my mod race and I just found out the UV bug is invisible as long as you keep their face from pointing directly toward the sun for some reason. So that means they look like their supposed to around 75% of the time and that is 75% more than it was previously so that's good news.

>>12366293 >>12366364 >>12367108
Holy fuck did we get raided by the sim football / basketball / driving / dating fanbois?

Mods are good.. more so post-beta.. Forcefields are interesting, remember Dune? Rimworld added something like that recently because in that game melee sucks. I think it is super hard to balance melee vs ranged in a squad based game, or well any game for that matter.

Don't think it would be too bad for Kenshi to balance around ranged.
Planned ranged weapons will only be crossbows and maybe single shot harpoons.
Require ammo, no reloading while on the move, reload times, drawing the sidearm at point blank, having the AI see ranged and immediately rush for melee if they have none, high chance of hitting allies engaged in melee with enemies and a few more things.

The devs should really learn from examples of how actual crossbow to early gunpowder weapons were used, engagements ended with melee after exhausting ammo or enemies closing the gap.

I'll be honest, I only bought this game because I heard ranged weapons would be added eventually. I always go ranged if I have the opportunity in a fantasy game. It just feels way more fun for me.

Asked in the other thread if this ever progressed past being the empty boring tech demo/engine showcase it has been for 4+ years now. Still waiting on an answer.

Its progressed a little bit. Right now there is

That's all I can think of right now but there's definitely more than there was before.

Man i hope they'll change their mind about it, guns aren't necessarily OP when you're using a shitty inaccurate early era boomstick like pic related with half minute reloading time or so.

This is new to me, does this happen when you buy a building in a city?

OP, me and some other anons are already having fun. I just started playing this game starting from first thread, but thought it looked like ass way before.

As it is now, a lot of things are still missing, like ranged weapons, faction diplomacy, and city sieges.
There also isn't any mounts nor boats, no quests, and a lot of the things you're gonna do in the game is self-imposed role-playing.
However, I find that the game is filled with neat little stuff that's pretty immersive.
If you're still on the fence, you're probably better off just pirating it and seeing if it's something you would like now.

Not yet, but for example, if you make a base in the fertile valley owned by the Holy Nation they'll demand tribute/try to evict you once your base gets big enough.

Haven't tried building in United Cities territory but that probably involves a lot of corruption and bribery.

What did they add to base building?

I bought the game like 4 years ago and have been checking in a few times a year. The game was always so dull and bare bones. It didn't have any of the appeal that other pure sandbox games like the X series had. No interaction with NPCs outside "kill or trade," base building that was literally pointless and didn't really give you anything, no goal to give a shit about, etc. Also ranged weapons were never going to be in the game IIRC. I think stationary turrets were always going to be the only ranged weapons in the game.

I feel like that means, no it isn't worth playing yet.

Harpoon guns will probably be some kind of musket equivalent if you really think about it.

Haven't encountered tax collectors in the valley yet, weird.
Did get raids when building near the hub and in cannibal country though.

A lot more buildings and tech stuff. Also, farming is now way more important since you actually need the food you're producing in order to survive. Becoming self-sufficient is the end goal for early game, unless you want to do the whole wandering ronin thing.

I always just walked out of a city, found some bandits, lured them into city guards, looted them, sold all their shit, and then immediately had the money to buy whatever I wanted. Is that not enough to get food anymore? Because that was basically early game to end game in 2 seconds flat.

Were stats and gear quality really important then? Because they are now. Also being outnumbered even for a somewhat skilled character can mean getting beat down.
Tracking down high quality gear can be a pain early game, also some of it can get really expensive even for the mid quality stuff.

The bandits with good gear will usually be found farther away from cities now and they won't chase you forever anymore. Eventually bandits will be able to sack towns and stuff in raids, so if you do end up seeing a pack of them close to the city you're in that's more a reason to panic than celebrate.

For some reason this makes me want to do a warband leader playthrough some other time, doing the solo ronin with a hidden safehouse for now.

Naw nigga, i want a musket.

Ignoring the part where your character can't fight for shit and have to rely on luring things so the city guards will take care of them, then yeah… Well no, i doubt you can buy equipments of the highest quality, normal quality at best, though i wouldn't know for sure.

It'd probably be super easy to mod that in, like how you make guns out of crossbows in Mount and Blade.

It should be, can't wait for ranged weapons nevertheless, i want to impale niggers with heavy crossbows… Assuming the devs don't go 'lol max range of 10m'

The only way to get top quality gear without crafting is to find lost armories and buying from the armor king.
Lost armories are usually in the middle of nowhere, the trip to them can be deadly for weak characters.
And armor king sells masterwork gear half the time but its extremely expensive and he will fuck up anyone caught stealing.

If you fight him, can be extremely difficult with his very high stats, top gear he uses and the added bonus of being a skeleton.
Can't remember how I pissed him off one time but he beat the fuck out of my whole squad and killed one of my strongest characters in a couple hits. Still sold to me afterwards though.

Wew where's this armor king guy? I've been getting mid to high quality armors from World's End by niggering the trader at night, got caught once and he refused to sell to me ever again. And then that night i decided to loot his place and kidnap him, funnily enough i wasn't flagged as 'kidnapping' so i walked through the front gate and the guard didn't bat an eyelash and imprisoned him inside a cage. Funnily enough once i threw him in the cage, he finally let me look at his inventory, although he had nothing at all so i decided to let him go in the morning, but he just retreated to a spot at World's End and has been stuck there ever since. Pic related, send help

You can also just pause the game while near an open container of his, repeatedly attempt to steal whatever you want to steal, then fucking book it. Probably a decent way to start off a new game.

In the middle of the river north of Holy Nation territory.

I think if you pull shit like that a number of times he might become permanently hostile.

is that tech shit any use? generators, motors, cpu, robot legs?

Might be for skeleton repair kits, otherwise it's just vendor trash.

why nig when you can german ethic weaponsmith good shit with a bit of work, ever time i leave my base i drop off 20-50k worth of weapons and armor at the next town that i made from nothing but a few pieces of iron.

Devs better come up with a way to balance stuff, even if it meant simply making and giving you a lot more enemies to deal with instead of just getting OP

Thanks, will look out for it once i'm done being autistic.

I just feel like i don't wanna bother with armors, going to be dedicated weaponsmith though. True warriors wear basket hat and ninja rags.

I consider weaponsmith more important too, especially after playing awhile, this should be the first research priority.

You were good, son. Real good. Maybe even the best.

Bugmaster, Armor King, Leviathans.

Reset navmesh and reload the game.

Did that, reloaded the game, everyone still stuck standing still there.

I've got no idea if it is related but in 95.27 all the bar npcs just stand outside in most cities like the pathing is fucked.

Morning shines on Ash's Mountain Ninja Harem.

Currently debating armor choices. I can now make cloth, leather, chain and plate. feels good But that light cloth is nice for movement and toughness I guess.

That was a bug that showed up last couple versions and supposed to be fix in 95.27

Here is an attempt at making a waifu using my mod. I wanted to see if I could pull it off.

Thank god for tit scales
Make all my chicks with big ass tits, and thick thighs.
Then they get even THICer as their strength improves.

Rescued a berserker who i was fucking with that got kidnapped by cannibals as i got busy slaughtering the fuckers, now she joins my party out of nowhere. Oh well, free workers i guess.

Well fuck.

Hey, it's something.

Usually only the case if you have breast height turned all the way up.
Push them together more and lower them and they look normal.

It really depends on the frame of the character and the size of the breasts. There is golden ratio between breast size, width and height with a shoulder, waist and hip coefficient. Of course, posture has an inverse modifier that must be considered.

I'll keep that in mind. I never really tried to make attractive females in this game before so I'm still learning. Which is important since I intend to make unique companions at some point.

beauty is misogynistic

I made a qt preggo waifu for my anime hero dude one time by extending her stomach out.

Has anyone else tried making custom starts?

Got everything else down with remaking Hungover Ninja but still trying to figure out if there is a way to spawn in already enslaved to a faction or escaped slave tag without using relations or bounties.
Only thing I can think of so far is setting the starting health for the head in the negative so they spawn in unconscious and will be enslaved almost right away.

Oh I never thought about that. Pity that children aren't actually in the game. I'd love to set up a child slave mine.

That's probably the best way of doing it if you have them start in the southern Slave Market.

Oh, forgot about the slave market. Also noticed just now there is a slave farm to the southwest.

Do you think Rebirth would be a good place to spawn in or use slave market and/or farm, or even use all three as possible spawn in locations?

I don't know about Rebirth, unless you aren't a Greenlander, in which case it should work. You can have multiple spawn locations simply by adding more than one option to the "town" segment.

Holy mines work, as well. They'll capture you if they see you unconscious, 'cause they're assholes like that.

Just tried Rebirth, got enslaved even as a greenlander.
Pretty sure the only race that wouldn't work is skeletons, Holy Nation seems to just ignore them until they get up.

Probably would only have to use slave market and farm if someone wants to start as a skeleton.

New skins are in.

Show them when it isn't raining, the wet effect is fucking with them.

So, what's different about it? It looks the same to me.

The flesh tones are completely gone now. In prior versions, there was a hint of brown/red, but now that is completely removed, resulting in a purer white exterior.

Ah. Any progress on the robo joints or whatever you were intending to have done?

Bloodloss is a killer

My 3d modeler and a new texturing guy I picked up should get on that at some point in the future, yeah.

Alright, here is the hungover ninja start if anyone wants to try it.
50/50 chance of spawning between slave markets and slave farm, with head trauma and unconscious.
a.pomf.cat/zoxmxc.7z

Starting stats above 1 will be 5 dexterity/toughness, 5 melee attack/defense, 20 athletics/stealth/thievery and 5 katana.
Pic is starting inventory.

If those places are too difficult of a spawn, could probably try Rebirth and Holy Mines instead.

Oh yeah if starting unconscious is too annoying, could also try having terrible relations with the slaver factions instead.

This game is FUN. I have a band of 7 people now. My main source of income so far has been these rebelling farmers that keep attacking the settlement I started in. I'm going to travel north now to see other settlements and to find a comfy place to start my own

A cool start would be a Samurai Jack start, you start with really good katana and stats but the robots all want you dead

When the middle area of the continent is unlocked that will probably be viable. As it is now there are no prominent Skeleton factions.

it could be any big faction really, or just all the different ninja's bands

Yeah something like that would be super easy to do. You could whip up just about any game start in 5 minutes tops, maybe more if you make custom characters to go along with it.

Thinking of buying this despite being it early access. Are the devs alright? Any warning signs of cuckery?

Actually liking the start so far.
Spawned in slave market, was able to escape after swamp ninjas and red sabre started a massive brawl, giving me a distraction and even a disguise.
Was even able to rescue one of the unique recruits in the chaos, Ray.

The Holy Sword start basically covers it.
Spawns in at The Hub with a nice edgewalker nodachi and terrible relations to United Cities and Holy Nation. Its a pretty difficult start.

There are two other large factions if I remember correctly.

One being much larger and powerful then even the Holy Nation.
The skeleton faction is supposedly in an area where sand is so hot you will have your feet melt and goggles are needed.

It will probably be in the far right lower corner as that area looks like a fucking burnt piece of toast.

As far as I can tell, the developers are kind of bumbling fucksticks but they are slogging along and refuse to give up. If the game turns out bad, it won't be because they took the money and ran, or hamhandedly stuffed a bunch of political commentary in it. It will be because they tried as best they could, and it wasn't good enough. Take that however you will.

Actually its in the direct center of the map. The Skeleton nation I mean. United Cities is the biggest power and controls the coastlines. The second large faction has some references in the modding kit but there's next to no lore or other information about it.

Really I'm surprised that United Cities does so well despite the starvation and peasant riots.

Where exactly in the center of the map?
I thought for sure it would bottom right as its covered in tech debris, that is so large you can even see it on the map.

A nodachi isn't a katana

recruiting fleshbags

This is with mk III dummies and mid grade swords that have a fucking bonus against animals. What am I missing?

katana is just japanese for "sword", you retard

The swamp isn't very comfy, I was thinking of settling there for the huge iron structures there but being there just puts me at unease

Mark 3 dummies only get you to level 15, which is still less combat ability then a bandit.

15 is really only there to get you into combat easier so you can actually hit someone and not get your shit pushed in routinely.
The swamps are viewed as difficult because of the fuck huge groups of river raptors.

Just keep at it, it will get easier in time.

Well apparently what happened is that all the rich people locked themselves and their assets/servants/military inside stocked and fortified cities and waited for the riots to die down, so I guess a lot of the wealth of the nation remained intact, even if the people didn't.
In the circled area. That's a very old map image but the location of the Skeletons is the same, so it'll do.

Well its full of cut-throats and killer fauna so yeah.

there is still a difference between a nodachi and a katana, I bet you haven't even played the game

I guess my followup question would be if there are any places that you can far and have skeletons without having your shit completely pushed in.

How am I supposed to train then?

*can farm and have skeletons

Usually spend time around The Hub in my games, training on dust bandits.

Really no one cares about skeles other then holy nation, so Vein, anywhere north of the flooded ruins, and south of hub.

the borderlands has lots of places with iron, copper, stone and water but the fertility is low and action is very slow. nobody has ever tried to push in my gates, just some wandering shit when i leave it open, and i always leave it open because, borderlands shit is shit, even my lowest guys will fuck it up. anywhere between Squin and Stack, setting up around there always gives multiple shop options, if you got 1 human you an buy materials from Stack, if you don't you better setup down by Squin.

I appreciate the work, it is possible to make some decent waifus but one of the human faces at least looks really bad (I think human female 2 with blue eyes and weird awful skin)

Haha, I just bought a "Y" house in Drifer's Last and some random npc was in it and the police came and arrested them immediately after I bought it.

Harem looking good rocking new armors.

wtf is uploaded a bunch of pics i didn't select.. weird.. i fucked something up i guess.

You make those armors or buy them?

Currently what I'm doing for my base.
I have redundant gates, with room in between for my shop and public bar.

Don't really know what else to build for production, I have every type of production in a house.
So I guess I will be making new buildings just to make them, any ideas for what to put into it will be appreciated.

Also anyone actually make their town larger then a military outpost?
I'm trying but no matter what that's the largest it will get.

An large screen shot of my total town, and then several on key buildings and my industry.
Ended up building 2 iron mines and refineries because iron plates are used for just about everything.

everything pr>>12375095
oudly made by my own smiths except some weapons from forgotten armouries.

where are you built at? do you get traders? have you built one of each building at least?

The game needs endgame content. Global bounty hunter tracking AI doesn't seem to be in yet, same with faction war in general.
Would like to see the large factions throw bounties at the player faction for having terrible relations, that would attract bounty hunters and mercs to track the player's characters down and maybe even raids.

Second screencap looks like somewhere near the fog islands edge, right before the growing deadzone. Might be on the border to holy nation.

We should try to be patient I think, you know the long sword blue print isn't even in the game yet because it's made by a city that isn't in the game yet. Who knows what else lies over the next ridge. I keep picking up treasure maps that show me a location I can't even go to yet. It's hilarious.

You could always mod the current vendors to carry it, I think UC weapon vendors usually sell longswords.

If we're lucky, might get a map expansion soon.

I'm in the fog valleys, I don't get traders but I get mercs, coming to buy booze, armor and swords.
Oh I've built every building for the most part, I have one or two mods so there are a few thing that I can make that isn't in vanilla.
Hopefully later they will add them in, swamp buildings for example already have a iron plate requirment to build, so hopefully the devs are just ironing out the kinks for more buildings.

Agreed, however establishing production trees, AND balancing soldiers is in depth for the end game.

Can someone make a mod to kill a downed enemy? After slaughtering a horde of cannibal i've just realized it piss me off so much when the fuckers just keep getting up over and over, it's even worse because if you don't quickly beat the living shit out of them again, they'll heal their friends because every single cannibal magically has a fucking medkit.

i take their medkits and sit on them for about 30 seconds, a few might get up but it's not a big deal just a bit more skill points. red sabers in the south have med kits too. really don't have to make medkits when you get them for free.

Do they get up no matter what weapon you use?
I remember stealing something and got hit so hard i was left bleeding unconscious until I died.

I agree that there probably should be a way to do that, because no one likes enemies that keeps on getting up, but at the same time, if that were allowed, then NPCs could do the same.

Well i'd still like to finish my enemies immediately so i don't have to be bothered by them.

I got a nodachi Edge type 3, but it'll deal 150 points of damage at best, if you score a lucky vital attack then the guy will be dying, if not then it's probably a mangled limb and they'll get fucking back up after a minute or two. It's fucking annoying.

game looks and feels like an extremely alpha version of anarchy online. is it normal for all town npcs are dumped in the center of the town? Is there any purpose aside from minecrafting yourself a base?

the town npcs (mostly from the bar) clumped in the center like that is a bug in 1 version only afaik i know, i've got the same problem with 95.27, but before i was running 93.xx it wasn't a problem. i'm downloading 95.23 atm, hopefully if i import into that it won't be a problem. the newest paid versions don't have this issue afaik. -.-

What's the purpose of a sandbox supposed to be? should i hold your hand. Did AA online let you run 30 characters at once?

Swamp turtles are my favorite early game punching bags, they give 14 raw meat, have stats in the 10s, and they're pussy faggots that won't help eachother out nor will they chase you, so you can disengage at any time.
Mind the blood spiders and swamp ninjas, though.

There's a mod on the workshop, might just be called 'finish him' or something, that gives humanoid enemies a heart as an item that instantly kills them if it's removed.

Bloody Murder - heart removal & kill move -

that seems to be how you kill dogs and robots too by removing meat or parts.

When you take the meat and parts out, they will die.

Can you upload it somewhere? I don't own Kenshi and workshop downloader doesn't work.

volafile.io/r/HF33Go

Uploaded.

pull one bodypart like tooth/hydraulics and drop it back to not clutter world/inventory, it's count as killing move, too.

thanks

People still actually care about this game? You know that it is one of those eternal early access games that will eventually be abandoned when the devs fuck off to do some other shit.

angry 12yo. go back.

Mhm. And if/when that happens, I'll be severely disappointed. For now, however, I'll have my fun.

Come on, now. He wasn't exactly shitposting.

Thanks.

He's not exactly wrong you know, happens to most early access shit

yes, he was exactly shit posting.

I've read something about the dev, I would say that this game is his true love and I don't see him abandoning it.

It's been in development for like three years now.
I bought it thinking it'd never get much done

Now I hardly even recognize the game, I'm actually really surprised to see it here on Holla Forums.

Actually, make that four years.

holy fuck.

fucking thieves guild give me a blackened chainmail blueprint reeeeeeee

He worked on it for six years alone, then when it got greenlit in 2013, it began progressing much quicker.

Guys, this a con. It's clearly some frankenstein project done to an mmorpg which never made it to market and some jews are trying to make their money back like they did with 10 Cloverfield Line. It's early access so it's fucking obvious what's going on.

holy cities sell them, i see them all the time in Stack.

why are you even here? doesn't Holla Forums have a skyrim thread for people who need quest markers and be told they are special?

The other shit aside, MMOs shouldn't have a story.

Do you mean blackened chain shirts?
because they're different to the blackened chainmail that only the ninjas sell

This game's trailer starts with a still saying 'you are the chosen one' and there are mobs of rats, so congrats on your expanded awareness. Such low-effort shilling, I doubt you're even a white man. They probably take you guys on from Portugal.

I just double checked my bench, I can make "blackened chainmail" a recipe I bought from Stack. (I'm not allied to Ninjas either), I've never heard of the blackened chain shirt, but the wiki has it, though not much information on either.

To be honest, I've thought of running a Ragnarok Online private server just so I could fuck around in an MMO by myself. Just hide the thread, man. You might as well be trying to convince autists to not like Sonic or My Little Pony.
Also what the fuck are you talking about there are no rats.

Nevermind, you're shitposting.

It's a 5% chance for clothing traders to have it, 20% chance for thieves guild traders. You can see that in the FCS.

A shame that the Scraphouse and Black Scratch towns I found in the FCS aren't in, yet. They'll apparently have a rare blueprint vendor and a common blueprint vendor, respectively.
Could just mod in a blueprint seller somewhere, but eh.

Hey, smart guy there is no rats and for all your amazing fucking reading comprehension you missed the part where I've talked playing the free version. (ie~ not paid for it) Don't you have a ME thread to jerk off too?

Well, ok, but it's not like it makes much difference if the character gets called chosen one or not.

It's got small four-legged rodent-looking things.

The idea of a singleplayer mmo makes a bit of sense seeing as most people don't get to lead a guild. It's a bit sucky to call that a full-fledged rpg though.

guess i'm retarded then

How do i get the mod to work again? It doesn't show up in the mod list, i put them in the mods folder.

Oh nice, can't wait until he finish it.

How about you calm down and go drink some clorox you stupid disabled nigger?

You mean these? Bonedogs? Although, I guess you could argue that wolves are even more generic than giant rats.

Are they in the mods folder themselves or in a folder that's in the mods folder? Only thing I can think of.

I tried extracting the 3 files into the mods folder in the game's directory, then put them back into the folder they were in into the mods folder.

playing this game was like eating five handfuls of sand. It's that dry and bland. Maybe bleach would be more appetising.

I know what mod I want a story storm house. Amazing right, well that's what I want. The higher level designs with the domes are wasted space, I want a square tower.

shit. tired.. playing too much kenshi haha.. that was supposed to be "a 3 story stormhouse".

Has 95.29 been uploaded anywhere yet? Can't seem to find it.
Seems like they fixed the AI core problem I saw earlier, finally fixed that grouping bug in towns and more.

but bonedogs are super cute ingame. They dont look like that at all

what is the name of the file?

nvm found it

Could someone also upload the more essential mods like the slavery recruiting and interior/exterior design? I just started an ooga booga shek, that wants to enslave women!

just uploaded them in the same vola named kenshi mods

I think you're supposed to drop them in data, then access the mods.cfg file in notepad and retype the name in there including file format and save it

Nice i was gonna ask that

from the readme.txt

All mods will be in this folder, with the structure mods/modname/xxxx
In your modname folder will be your modname.mod file and a directory structure matching the one in /data/ if you want to override any art files

I repeat: You can replace any in-game data files by including them here in your mod folder with the same filename (mods/modname/etc/)

So for example, for a mod that replaces this file:
C:\kenshi\data\buildings\materials\construction.dds
your mod would look like this:
C:\kenshi\mods\modname\buildings\materials\construction.dds
C:\kenshi\mods\modname\modname.mod

To create a new mod open the "Forgotten construction set" and choose the "new mod" button at startup.
To convert an old mod from pre 0.92.0, copy the .mod file from /data/ to /mods/modname/

Hey guys, if you want a fun time, go to the big building in World's End and talk to the unique Skeleton there as an organic.

And then talk to him with another Skeleton.

That won't work all the time, i'll just do both and see if any of them work

I haven't used mods so if you get them to work please share

Post-ancient workshops only spawn engineer blueprints. For AI cores you have to steal from the World's End research lab or go to the tech lab on the peninsula to the west of the foglands

My armor mod works by just unloading the extract in mods folder. I've tried to add it to the mods.cfg in data folder but then deleted afterward before doing that and it just undo that for me.

As for the copper machine mod i also put it in the mod folder but it never showed up ingame. I really have no advice besides trying both methods.

What are AI cores for? I found a few inside a 0.5% chest inside ancient lab. They fetch for like 30k each

top end research

They are for high level research like creating edge type weapons, hydroponics and more.
Should save those if you are planning to build a base.

Late game research.

ayy mass producing robot repair kits then selling them to Waystation for a day net me around 40k, is there anything more lucrative?

i sure hope youre not handling anything the good lord phoenix wouldnt want you to handle, heretic-kun

Yeah well forged weapons.
Skele kits are pretty expensive, you got to make a motor and a skele limb to make just one.
You're better off using the metal to make a good katana then sell it.

how do I get pack mules like the traders have?

Mod them in. At the moment you can only buy pack bulls and bonedogs.

Okay so I decided to try this game again.

???

weird, i would say you accidentally stole something,, waited too long at night (they closed and you didn't leave) (they will do banter warning you about that) or your the wrong race (but that shouldn't happen at your start location).

or buy bulls and bull backpacks from holy farms. also seems dogs can use bags.

skeleton kits are high tech in a direction i never plan to go down since i have no skeletons. also, their kit costing 4500 each is crazy.

I played this start for a couple hours, I think that puppy is way OP with like 20 in all stats to start. Mountain dog might be crazy.

Beep is cute.

I love that nigger, its so hard to get fucking hiver recruits, second only to skeles.
Some of the best laborers and farmers, plus they eat less and are harder to hit by animals which target legs usually.

Just now I have blackened chain shirt in Stack. But afaik as I know I've only seen that shirt recipe once in like 100 visits. (Also I might just not have been paying attention before to the fact that there are two varieties – but I do have both designs bought from that city now)
2 weight vs 10 weight
.32 blunt vs .24 blunt
.51 cut vs .58 cut
19 harpoon vs 57
90/100/90/100 vs 100/100/100/100

considering the weight, leather turtleneck seems like the winner, what even is harpoon resistance for? just vs mounted weapons?

I've just realized all you have to do is to rename the folder into BloodyMurder. Going to test if the mod works now.

Pretty sure yeah.

Yeah mounted weapons, however weight doesn't really mean shit once you are past a certain weight.
And coverage really is king.

Oh yeah will modded saves work with that import button?

I'm not really sure what you mean past a certain weight, but if you can keep weightless you are able to dodge attacks. right? heh tbh idk

on the same topic does anyone know of some middle weight boots between traveler's boots and plate boots? could use some post apocalyptic combat boots right about now.

Nah, there isn't one so far, just heavy armor and drifter boots, and sandals.

I mean past certain strength, dodge is only used to stop stun locks, and you can only really raise it with martial arts.
If you give a unit blackened chainmail and he is encumbered, eventually he will be strong enough where he's weightless.

Alternatively you can just have him carry a player while laboring which will do the same.

So I came to "The Hub" and I guess a Tornado hit because all of the buildings but the bar are destroyed, I have enough money to buy all the properties, should I do it? I have 20 people now I think it would be a nice place to settle down for a while.

If you buy all the buildings, what happens?

You'll also need to repair them, but yeah having a house in the hub isn't a bad idea. There is one that clips through an iron resource, so your miners don't even need to leave the building to work. I don't think you can build outdoor stuff like an iron processor though

The Hub is destroyed because "meh borderlands" in conflict. It should have a pub and ninja guild though, one time though (randomly) even the pub was destroyed.

A better base location (IMHO) is somewhere between Stack in the north, The Hub in the south, and Hive Village in the east. That gives you quick access to a shitload of shopping.

Your very first base however ought to be in a city so you can get free protection.

Where do you get AI cores? I've finally unlocked Tech VI and i can't wait to unlock the best weapon grade.

Okay the mod works, but you have to start a new game or import a save. If you start a new game apparently you also get a heart, i haven't tried to take my own heart as it kept saying that the target is conscious, but i assume i'll die if the heart is taken out.

It has always been a broken waste of a city.

This thread mentioned AI cores. cntrl-f it.

Well shit, anyone got links for 95.29?

I wish I did.. I'm downloading multiple versions of 95.x right now but holy fuck are they slow it's been 3 days and just at half. I'm not sure if there is a early more stable versions but 95.27 also has fucked up bar npcs for me.

Can you actually make Edge type 3 weapons? My 91 weaponsmith only manages to make Type 2.

The one at the Machinist University right? Nothing happens.

Don't know but, assuming you reached the highest weapon grade that can be researched, try getting your weaponsmith to level 100.

Stun% is the important thing there. Leather turtlenecks have 100% stun, so you're still taking 100% total damage from a cut, it's just that 51% of it (the cut resist) is being converted into blunt stun damage that'll heal on its own. I'm not sure if blunt resist reduces this converted damage or not. I'd say probably not.
Blackened chainmail has 10% stun, so of the 58% cut damage it blocks, 10% of that 58% you take as blunt damage and the other 90% is blocked entirely.

You can only get up to Type 2 through critting Type 1, as far as I know. There's apparently a mod that allows you to craft Type 2 and crit Type 3, though.

It's like you don't even appreciate the x1.1 dexterity gain rate.

thanks for this mechanic explanation, that explains a lot, I shall call you sensai.

it's like you're not familiar with the word harem, i got some dark qts and that's enough. (i also never saw an ashlander for hire until after i had my 28 members)(30 is gay because squads won't give even into 30 and a squad of 10 is also gay because of the ui..)

how feature complete and bug free is it? Is it like Rimjobworld? When I played that there was nothing in the game that looked unfinished and I didn't come across any bugs.

I havent really come across any big bugs in a while, but half the map is still missing and some big features like faction wars aren't in.

But is it obvious that things are missing? Is it full of [placeholder] crap or is it simply not there

Half the map is not there, as well as features that will be apparent the longer you play, like sieges, diplomacy, faction wars, etc

You probably wouldn't really notice it's incomplete until 10 to 30 hours in, depending on how fast you are.

the most recent FREE version 95.27 suffers from 2 bugs, one is that bar npcs load in the middle of town and never start pathing.

another is something about tech level vi and you're never gonna get that unless you play for 100 hours. (I'm at level 4 after fucking ages)

The most recent version on steam seems to fix both of these problems.

The map is a big continent, the left side is unlocked and the right side is still being worked on. It takes about 2 hours to walk from north to south and it's impossible until your big enough.

tldr, it's fun now, either free or paid.

.29 available already for a week or so

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:01078BA1065960F2D312B367EB85E834B6634D2A&dn=Kenshi_v0.95.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftrax.corbina.net%3a6969%2fannounce

It's not usual IGG source, but i've AV checked it before and after installation and it was all clear, haven't visited city yet to see how they fixed squads again.

Dude, +10,000 Internets for you quite a few of us have been looking for 95.29 and it's not on PB or Kat that I found. (Oddly this is 5.5gb and 9.27 was 5.88gb, hope it works) Cheers m8.

So I've run into something quite strange, into a 100 hour game one of my characters starts saying "I don't have a repair kit" when I try to medic with her.
play for a while normally, at about the same time I start getting the same message.

wtf?

Are you using the one user's doll mod? They use repair kits. Your chick might be trying to repair her.

no mods at all ever. also, just for fun i put a skeleton repair kit in her inventory and still get the same message.

Try to right click on the target you're trying to heal and heal them that way, this also happens to me because there's a skeleton in my party.

yeah, she can still do medic but the banter is annoying and i don't have a skeleton, i think *maybe* i might of tried to repair an iron spider somewhere ages back, but cancelled it maybe it bugged out. – well I re-imported my game, that does fix it but it's lame that it's such a hard to clear out error.

Your legs are not okay.

Have you tried importing recently?

If that doesn't work, the only thing I can think of is somehow your character is making calls to skeleton AI/personality and could possibly be fixed by editing the platoon file.

Did you just neglected your own legs wellfare?

Definitely a 10/10 game, now where's that damn uninstaller?

Sounds like you need to buy a console.
They go great with your extra chromosomes.

What toaster are you running on?

Did you put the graphics at maximum? Don't do that, keep the texture detail down to medium at least to avoid some of the crashes.
Shadows are buggy as fuck right now and might crash you if enabled, leave them off.
You can turn down view distance to around 3200 for better performance.
Almost any early access game runs like shit user, you should know better.

lock rates.
setup farming and cooking
setup low and middle production
queue up hours of production.
30 weapons, 90 pieces of armor.
sleep RL.
wake up it's all done and stockpiles are full.

There needs to be a "sell anyway" button when you're trying to sell something that the shop can't afford
sick of not being able to sell shit because the vendor is 100 cats under or something

kek this game made me realize how much of a jew I am, No more room in any of my character's inventories? guess I'll just pick up these dust bandits and sell their gear when i get into town

Better yet give them your items, and use them as a meat backpack.
No one cares if you steal from them either.

Also you can fill backpacks and put back packs in backpacks filled with backpacks which are then stored on dead or injured bandits.

is slavery npc only or is it a pc feature now too?

Slavery is NPC only because of how OP it would be once you got it (Since you could conscript endless amounts of workers for the low price of a pair of shackles), but it should be pretty easy to mod it in.

NPC only, devs aren't SJW but they are normal fags and slavery is to "icky" for them.
However its been modded in, but currently broken with current game changes.

hopefully the dev balances slavery and implements cannibalism for the pc as well. It's supposed to be an unforgiving and unfair world, so anything should go. Also, being able to drill for crude oil and make gasoline for vehicles would be a good end game addition to quickly travel a la Mad Max.

I don't think there will be vehicles but it would probably be easy to duplicate the automated iron drill and have it produce fuel instead of ore.

Yeah I have no idea what Oil will be used for however from what I can see they are still adding assets for it.
Same with carbon, you can buy it, look for it in prospecting but so far no knowledge of what it does.
Maybe extra ingredient for iron refining?

In the dev tools there are oil pumps, barrels and stuff already.

Oh, huh. Must have missed all that.

Oil will probably be used as fuel for generators to keep the base running.

carbon is used to make steel.

You already got bio fuel already and that's normally easy to get.

When though? Currently all you need to make steel bars is a iron refinery and time.

Well normal vehicles aren't going to be added and if we're gonna go on rumors and speculation the only other use for it would be airship fuel.

that's because carbon was an after-thought. they'll probably either make it so you need it to make steel bars, or to make high carbon steel which would be used for probably base building or (hopefully) vehicle construction

On base building I hope more or added, the outposts are just too tiny, and it would be nice to have a larger watchtower.

bump

This game is the comfiest shit. I'm still not down for settling somewhere and just wanna travel.
No idea where to get a decent weapon. I sold those large sabers and I'm carrying a ninja blade. He is too.
I wonder were we can get a good mellee weapon without crafting it.
I lured a pack of swamp raptors into a slaver town and managed to loot some armor from them and the dumb Red Sabres attacking the place too, so I'm good on armour for a good while. All I need is a katana or something.

Wondering about Heavy weapons. Are they worth it? The skill description implies they are, but I imagine I gotta grind up strength to 60 or 70 before I can do anything with them.

They are absolute trash when you are weak and people will laugh at you but when you get strong enough you will be the ultimate murderfucker.

I just saw this:
kenshi.wikia.com/wiki/Plank
I'm going full Guts on this thing. If I can get a squad of 5 guys armed with this thing, I'll kill everyone in the Holy Nation. Just for shits and giggles.

Lost armories can have the best weapons currently available in the game. You'll need to deal with the security spiders, though, which in your case might just involve luring them out with one character and sending the other one in to loot. You'll still probably die, though.
You can also just go around punching things to turn your fists into the ultimate endgame weapon.

They swing slow as fuck unless you have a decent strength, but if you do, you'll end up blending everything in a cone in front of you.

There's a couple dragonslayer mods on the workshop, actually.

if only there was a basic start where you don't have 1 on every stat or if stat gaining was a bit quicker. just feels like it takes forever before you can even fight considering all the enemies roam in packs of 20.

The good thing about this game is that losing doesn't mean death. When you're beat up, you recover and are stronger than you were before. At the very least you should have higher toughness.

I am the only planing on building an human zoo?

not anymore

true, but they steal all your shit

does it often means jail or slavery or ending up in some shek's basement as a gimp.

….
not but it does often mean jail, slavery or ending up in some shek's basement as a gimp.

Is 69 str enough? I'm feeling curious about heavy weapons, they look retarded but considering the post below i wanna try it, hell i'll go smith one when i get in game later.

Holy shit and i thought Edge type 3 is the best, i gotta hunt for that somehow.
i want to be the best weaponsmith that ever existed in the waste beyond that fucking Cross but i'm limited to that shitty Edge type 2, the feels man

I'm using heavy weapons with 40 strength I don't think it's a big deal.

Think of a skill of 40 as being the baseline for a professional soldier, and extrapolate from there.

Is that torrent legit and working?

(Checked)
Going to smith one now then, gotta get the blueprint.

downloading now we'll see but I bet it's legit

you end up a gimp in shrek's basement

Indeed KENSHI V95.29 working and currently seeding (thanks to Mother Russia):

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:01078BA1065960F2D312B367EB85E834B6634D2A&dn=Kenshi_v0.95.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.ccc.de%3a80%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftrax.corbina.net%3a6969%2fannounce

The only NPC I know of who has that quality is Lord Phoenix but he doesn't have any spawns yet.
Also from what I can tell is that the devs seem to be planning on changing how Holy Nation interacts with the world if Phoenix dies, probably related to plans for warfare.

Would be nice to have a torrent that doesn't use a shitty installer.

So I decided to have a look at my crew sans armor. I personally created all 28 of these characters and I was fairly shocked what they look like now. A couple of my lolis are starting to look like volleyball/gymnastic fanatics. Guess who is the weaponsmith, god she's become ripped, like she belongs on the cover of post apocalypse muscle and fitness mag. Originally I built all of them in the 30-60% "size" build, nobody was thick.

indeed.

Oh yeah, your characters will actually get more swole as their strength stat increases.

also skills, weapon smith and armor smith give bulk, but athletics, martial arts swimming effect muscle tone it is very interesting and noticeable.

I've only been to one town so far (the Hub) but I'm still getting the "bar and flavor npcs stand around and do nothing" bug. I've also noticed that at least the 2 shops at the Hub (and outside) both have really shit weapons now is that bad luck or another nerf?.. Speaking of nerfs I'm trying to get some science books, this library only had 1 and I need like 15, so I reloaded from a safe distance and went back 3 times always just 1 book. I'm going to move on to the next one but wtf.

You gotta bust open them ancient labs.

Come to the World's End, they have better shit even Edge type 3 if you're lucky. Hub is pretty much a destroyed butthole anyways.

Which one? Just 'Books' or ancient one? Normal books can be bought in World's End, they're in abundance everywhere that isn't Holy Nation, ancient ones can be bought also in World's End but only once/first time you visit it then you have to import your game to put those ancient books back in the stock. Or you can go to ancient labs or lost libraries, guaranteed ancient books in ancient labs.

So… what if you don't like them to look ripped?
What if you already got it high?

my base is between Hub, Stack and the most eastern Hive.. it's a good location but just boring after you 1shot everything in the area.

I've been visiting Hive villages, checked 3 of them on 4 separate days and they never had a single ancient book. Do I have to do something before they start having them? The engineering supplies guys say I have to go to World's End

World's End has a few for sale in the mechanic shops and trade goods shop, but the primary method of getting them is from ancient labs and post-ancient workshops.

I read somewhere, either in the last thread or somewhere else that they nolonger spawn books. Labs can spawn up to 8 though and libraries have been spawning 1 or so..

Hive villages don't have ancient science books. That info is from what 30+ patches ago when we only had 1/8th of the new map instead of the current half.

Since people seem to love spreading false info I'm gonna tell exactly where to find all research stuff:
Note whenever I mention lab, workshop or library I mean Ancient Lab, Post-Ancient Workshop or Lost Library.

Almost any general or building materials shop, also found in lab's and libraries.

Labs and certain traders at World's End, also occasionally found in libraries and workshops.

Workshops only, the workshop complex south of the swamp has 2 fully stocked workshops full of them and they are quite easy to get.

Ancient tech lab at the very North-West corner of the map has 3-4 of em.
The University at World's End has 3 in locked chests around the place, if you are sneaky enough you can steal them there.
The latest patch also added them to some other labs but I have not been able to pinpoint to which ones exactly.

Also when you start raiding labs and workshops either bring a good lock picker or a lot of food since you are going to need to deal with up to 99 difficulty locks.

To finding these places you can either cheat and check the map in thread or you go full immersion and raid lost libraries to find ancient maps that when used mark some of the labs and workshops to your map.

How likely are those respective places to push my shit in? Is it viable to just take one lightweight character and run around quickly, or you have to fight your way through?

Workshop(s) south of the swamp? That is the Clownsteady / Eye Socket area?

1 lightweight character can't really farm books, you have to fight sometimes up to 20 blood spiders or 6 iron spiders or something else, often beak things or leviathans around. have you finished your "regular" research book stuff? that game isn't really suited for solo work, at least not this part.

I'm about on the level where I can defeat dust bandits using my squad of ~10, not all, but most regular research is finished. I guess I'll have to spend some time grinding combat stats.

I can deal with ancient labs well enough with masterwork medium armor and 60s in all combat stats. Punching stronk.

I swear the first and only time I went here it was boring and useless, I returned this time and was able to buy science books from 3 shops (even if it's only once that is too awesome) I also picked up 3 "yellow" quality weapons. Finally found a way to spend some money.. weeeee..

Man it feels quite underwhelming, what do? Does the dragonslayer mod make it feel better?

If you're up for a challenge go solo a security spider.

Nigga just save and import that save, the store's stock will replenished with science books. Or if you're feeling FUCKING INVINCIBLE save and import at the ancient lab west of World's End after you looted it.

On the other hand, i've been massacring starving bandits, one hitting them motherfuckers, not so bad.

Meitos are blades made by the Legendary Blacksmith Cross.

I don't think the player will ever reach that, its probably a form of reward for taking out certain enemies.
Like if you wanted to kill Phoenix.

Eh, you might be able to reach it. That's kinda the whole point of the game. "You're shit, and you're gonna be shit for a good long while, but eventually you'll reach the top."

I like that actually.
It gives the name "Cross" an actual purpose. Finding one of those weapons is like finding a very powerful artifact from ages long past.
I like that you can craft really good shit and kill people with ease because your crafted weapons ARE in fact good.
But I also like it that you can craft some OP shit, and then travel the world in search of some legendary slabe of iron that has been folded a million times.

It reminds me of Daedric Armor back in Morrowind. Being able to craft it like any other armor in Skyrim removed half the charm it had.
I'd be fine if the only way to get Daedric armor was that quest under the Mages College.
Every character can enter the college anyway without enrolling, so it would be fitting that you'd have to find some ritual instructions and then summon the armor.
But you know how that went so, props to Mr. Cross.
I have my own theory that the full name is Angel Cross and he Mindfreaks people with how awesome the weapons are.
His show is shit and he's a giant faggy emo, but the jokes around him are great.

Is it viable to buy a small house in a city, put a research bench in it and then produce weapons?

I'm thinking I can buy materials, craft some stupid weapons and earn a living that way. Also work on my crafting and get ripped too.

It will be a bit till your weapons actually earn profit but yes, once you start getting decent skills its a very profitable way to earn money, even if you have to buy the steel and fabric.

I'd say armor is a better option for doing that, since the quality is determined solely by your armor smithing skill and not by research which'll require ancient books and eventually AI cores.

I think I'm going for armor too.
I can somewhat kill a Swamp Raptor now, so that's a source of leather.
I mean, I can't really kill it yet, but I can lure it to a city and the guards are pals like that.

What about swamp turtles? They are pretty weak compared to raptors.
Only downside is they have a wide attack area, so make sure characters who aren't taunting are behind the thing. They also seem to do mostly blunt damage so keep that in mind with your armor choices.

They're good for early training, but they don't give any leather.

Those are my source of food for now. Sometimes I scavenge something and sell it buy food cubes, but otherwise, I can kill a turtle and those 14 pieces of meat keep my fed for a long ass time.

Quick question: is it possible to recruit a skeleton?
I started as a sandnigger, and I've recruited an Hive Prince.
I'm thinking of recruiting a Shek and a Skeleton and naming my faction "The Misfits" with a single squad named "The A Team".

yeah I've seen a recruit-able skele at "shark" deep in the swamps

There's a guaranteed recruitable skeleton named Burn in Burn's Tower in the floodlands north of Mongrel

How do you build beds now? All I see is the camp bed, which needs a sleeping bag but I don't know how to get a sleeping bag. I want to build actual beds. I don't see it in the tech menu either.

Well, the sleeping bag is sometimes up for sale in stores.
I bought one, works wonders.
The actual beds might be researchable though. I haven't researched anything yet, so I'm not sure.

You need to research it and build it at the medical lab. I didn't like that change (also when making bags you have to babysit it they don't store anywhere)

Yeah, skeletons all over man, just not in Holy. They seem to like Swamp but other places too.

The regular raptors up in holy are cake, but no meat.

To be honest I don't think you will find crafting in the city rewarding. It takes me 48 hours to fold a katana (edge1 bitch) and 24(ish) to make a set of black chainmail. That's going to be boring as fuck to watch. Unless your running the rest of your team or eating a sandwich, crafting is slow, I often queue up a bunch of shit and take a nap RL.

I too think you should get some benefit for going to war with a certain faction. Yesterday in "Drifer's Last" I was asked for a bribe and I was like "nah" .. so the whole town attacked me, and they all are on the ground and bleeding and all my guys now have bounties. For what? I can't take over the town, I can't make life better for the peasant farmers. I hope this is the kind of thing that will happen later. – Right now I want to buy all the houses in the hub and take it over as governor, being able to build as I like would be super cool – like refineries. Future mods or dev can make it happen. Governor of the Hub would be a huge amount of awesome sauce. (Just think if you could set policies that would piss off various factions – all race welcome, no bribes required, good shopping – that's gonna piss off everyone haha)

Like I said, it's a comfy game.

Eh, you can adjust the sliders when you start a game to make shit easier/faster to make. If I ever start a game to build a town, I'll pull that slider as far to right as I can.
I wanted town crafting to make a buck doing small trinkets and earn enough XP and money to eventually make myself a cool sword.

But hey, I stopped by Drifter's Last too. Got into the armory, and guess what, all that time spent unlocking the cells I was thrown into?
Made me a really good thief aparently. So besides stealing a lot of good armour (standard grade, nothing too exciting) I also nigged like 20 diferent blueprints.
For some reason, they had a 110% fencing chance on the shop next doors. So I'm rolling in dough. Finnaly bought some backpacks (small one's) and I'm travelling with Prince Ray, Myamoto and my trusty (shitty) sword.

You can technically kill everyone with that Bloody Heart murder or whathever it's called. But I think they end up respawning anyway, so no town takeovers. It's a shame yeah. I wanna purge bandits/slavers/cannibals and take over their bases.

These legit?

worked for me

But are you boinking her?

I already adjust the consumption slide, so I would feel too nig to move the construction slide too.

Is there a good place to go looking for ancient books early on?

World's End shops sell a bunch on the first visit (seemingly). Bring a lot of cash.
or
Visit Libraries for 1 or so book at a time, those are not guarded very well.

Thanks
I'll probably start over then since I'm so far away from both of those, and I have don't really have a good base location anyways.

libraries are on the edge of the world map in all directions, so it's world's end for that matter. not really where you want to setup a base, imho.

finding a good base location is really a task in this game though. :/

Yeah my old place was basically in the center of the map so it was pretty far from everything. I just started in a much better place though. It's near the south-east, close to an ancient lab and four libraries. and I got beat up while typing this.

south-west I mean

8ch.net/v/res/12396982.html

new