Why are you not playing the new season?

Why are you not playing the new season?

Other urls found in this thread:

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1841364
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't play games with seasons. Fucking spring is trash

Because its shit.

because the game was trash five years ago and after being Jay Wilson'd I uninstalled everything Blizzard related and never gave them another dime.

Because I'm playing Grim Dawn.

POE is the direction Diablo 3 should have aimed to, espacially with the itemization aspect and in-game economy/trading.

They went with WoW progession raiding system instead of looking back at what Diablo 1/2 did right and improve there.

Biggest disappointnemnt of my life and people who continue to play it are not doing the industry any favor. Its like keeping an already dead man on life-support.

You mean the game should near 100% impossible to be self found in, and a vast majority of items are flat useless?

That's what you get for being unable to think for yourself and relying on uniques as a crutch.

Look, when you need %rolls for ES/HP resists and things like that, you end up with a ton of useless chaff. So you either can grind for 30+ hours hoping that you get a decent roll, burn mass amounts of currency hoping for a decent roll, or trade with some asshole and get a good roll.

With essences, master crafting, divination cards and prophecies it is incredibly easy to get what you want without having to trade. If anything, the issue with the game is the fact that you are always dependent on having the wiki open 24/7.

Cards being RNG, Master crafting being a single line mod, Essences being RNG.
There's now more safety nets but thankfully the core system still has hundreds upon hundreds of useless mods!

When people say PoE, do they refer to Path of Exile or Pillars of Eternity? I haven't played either games so I don't know how they're

In the context of arpgs it's always Path of Exile.

They drop in pre-determined areas, making it possible to farm cards to get exalts.
You do know that master crafting can be used to block out mods you don't want and to get guaranteed mods like +1 socketed gems, right? Also the items they sell you can easily be very well worth it like the PvP master that sells jewelry with % increased global damage on top of the fact that they each give their own deal on currency that is better than at any other NPC.
One guaranteed mod, which is certainly better than an alchemy orb which has no guaranteed mods. Some of the guaranteed mods are better than any item you can craft even if you end up with awful rolls.

Depends on the situation, in this case it's Path of Exile

You can farm all you like for cards in the areas they drop, it doesn't make them drop. Same with essences, it's pure RNG which essence decides to show up in your map.

Well if you're going to be complaining about RNG then cards and essences should be the least of your worries. It is perfectly easy to get the items you want even if you're crafting the mods on every single one yourself.

Why farm maps? Unless you get an item worth several exalts, its not worth your time. Ive been earning like 20c/hr just by flipping currencies

Stop talking out your ass, there are plenty of useless mods that you just flat out pitch. Not to mention getting the currency for master crafting is another massive grind.

wow fam that's some real quality OP you're cooking up

kill yourself

Why would I?
You new at this? Just reading from the pamphlet or a guidebook or something?
GET OUT

Oh hey another one of those threads

Yeah, just look at the solo self found ladder, simply impossible to to well pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1841364

Is your definition of SSF being possible that you can get all the best items without spending any time or effort on it? That would be rather silly.

*"to do well"

Because I don't know what this is.

Holy shit you're right, some guy ground for hundreds of hours the game's itemization is perfect!
Seriously fucking kill yourself if you think that PoE has good itemization when there's so many junk rolls, and the game's itemization comes down to "Life/ES+Tri Res" for a majority of items being even worth consideration. Uniques withstanding of course, but those are another 90% of them are useless fun times.

honest question, what do seasons mean in the context of Diablo?

Start a new "seasonal" character and there are a few unique drops you can get. Once the season ends the unique drops get added to the regular game and your character is gone, equips and all loot gets send to your stash. This is how it worked for the first season of diablo 3 and its the only one I participated in so I dont know if they changed it since then

that sounds completely stupid. why not just add the new item and let you get it however the fuck you want?

It's a competetive thing, everyone starts out on the same level and you have a relatively short amount of time to compete with eachother

Because you won't tell me what game you are shilling.

POE works similarly

That's clearly Torchlight 2 with some dark texture mod.

Everyone realized D3 was shit day 1. We're playing PoE now slowpoke.

What does this seasons even add anyway?

Kill yourself Blizzcuck cuckchanner

DLC for Torchlight 2?

Dude, I never said anything about PoE having a perfect itemization system. I said D3 should haved aimed TOWARD it.

As of your idea of Self-Found, I don't know what to say. In-game economy incite interaction between people and having currency tied to the crafting system was very smart of the PoE team, as those will always end-up being valuable in varying amount.

Compare that to gold in D3: being the only currency (and tied to a real money system) makes it very very weak to inflation in addition to being a pretty glaring pay-to-win system. Post-AH though, it was just an half-useful gold dump with no real benefits to amassing a ton of it. No trading means removes a crucial tool of interaction, which is kind of the core experience of it being a multiplayer ARPG.

At its core Diablo 2 was always about partying, dueling and trading. No wonder D3 crashed and burned, it shat on all that.

Self-found is a cool challenge nonetheless, but a multiplayer game should not be build around this single-player experience.

Also, obligatory

Funnily enough the reason why D2's itemization was better than PoE's is also explained in that chart. Every item is so situational.
ES gear on a life build? Chuck it.
Gloves/Belt on a Facebreaker build? Chuck it.
Life gear in general with how overpowered ES is compared to life? Chuck it

Be careful with your moving goalposts over there, retard.
turned into
awfully quickly.

Itemization is fine, the existence of top tier items that you have to work towards is a good thing, because it gives you a goal which you need in a grind heavy genre like ARPGs and if you aren't a complete idiot (so tough luck for you, I guess) you can easily complete the entire game without any of those chase items.
Seriously fucking kill yourself if you think that an ARPG should just throw a perfect set of gear into your lap simply for showing up and dicking around for 40 minutes.

I think it has more to do with the fact that class means nothing in PoE while D2 had a more rigid system (skills being tied to a class with some rare one being availaible to items). PoE had to make everything available through their skill tree even though some class would have access to the same tools through less efficient means (Ascendancy fixed that a little).

The biggest boon to PoE is also its biggest flaw: everything being customizable and craftable by the players on some level means their will be more efficient ways of playing the game and some stuff will turn out way less used. But at the very least GGG try to make everything somewhat usable (while less strong) instead of trashing it outright.

D2 was not very different when runewords trumped a lot of builds: they were still very playable, just nowhere near as powerful. But D2 being way simpler also meant you could beat the hardest difficulty through relatively simple tools. PoE being built around the infinite potential of crafting, of course it has to challenge players and those increasing challenges means efficiency becomes key.

I'll admit D3 has the same problem when it comes to Greater Rift, but the game is so full of flaws that its limitations becomes very clear very fast (IE: worthless stats and no builds).

Because I'm playing a better game. One that doesn't require dlc to "fix it". Currently playing a game without 20 dollar necromancer dlc. Take a guess lads!

Currently running a reverse knockback multi totem build is hc league. Also got a nice juggernaut going on and am working on my first SRS (raging skull) build. SKULLS.

lul.

that pesky rng. why can't you just get everything for free!

why do people care this much about how the game skinner boxes you instead of how it's not a good game and there never was a good diablo game?

fucking play gauntlet dark legacy or legends you meth addicts

Because I'm too busy playing games that are actually good.

Crazy thing, if you're wearing the Facebreaker gloves you don't need different gloves on that build.
I don't remember you being able to wear a 2nd set gloves when you decided to equip a pair of uniques and don't act as if there were no required items/rune words enabling certain builds.

It's true that ES is currently stronger than Life, but there are still more than enough perfectly viable life builds.

Some items are and some aren't. Just like in D2 whe you won't find many whirlwind barbs, or fana-zealers wearing a skin of the vipermagi or other caster gear.
PoE gives you actually a lot more freedom in that regard, letting you gain spell damage from strength via iron will or using energy shield on armor as a resource to cast spells via eldritch battery.

SRS drops off hard around T14, good job making a useless build

Good enough to clear everything in the game.
You're not going to have a lot of fun when you call everything that isn't the top 1 most min/maxed build shit.

Because Diablo 3 is utter shit and I'd rather play PoE instead.

I play self found, its not a problem at all unless you get to the very endgame, then you have to either to jump through some hoops or play a very efficient build.

This will always be a thing in these games, you will get a shitton of items that your character never can use, long as you play a sane build.

If every item was equally viable, then nothing would matter, there would be no difference in builds and the point would be completely lost.

I've been playing POE late 2012, and it blows my mind how utterly incompetent GGG can be about some things.

With the exception of a few very brief periods, ES has almost always been far better that life. Why is it so impossible for them to understand the diminishing mitigation of armor against large hits combined with the fact that a large single hit is inherently more dangerous than multiple small hits, means that the best form of suitability is to simply have a massive number over your health globe? People have been pointing this problem out since they day CI was added in closed beta, and they still can't get their shit together to fix it. The leech cap, and VP only make this issue worse, yet they refuse to fix it.

Fuck you I'm playing diablo 2.
I just made a druid yesterday and I'm having fun with the fire spells and pets.
If there were a way to pirate Diablo 3 I would but I'm sure as shit aint paying for it

For what a reason?

Terrible curiosity.
I want to experience how bad it is for myself.

You won't be able to comprehend the full shitfest in all its glory. D3 Vanilla was a different kind of cancer with the AH/RMAH, Inferno difficulty being fucking awfully tuned and itemization even shitter than what it is now.

To their merit, Reaper of Souls DID fix a lot of the game's problems, but D3 was, at its core, flawed because it was build with 2 things in mind: the development of its console version and the Real-money Auction House. Even with the AH gone from RoS, the root stained the whole thing.

Don't forget how legendaries were stupidly rare and almost entirely worthless.

Because this game and the entire genre is repetitive as hell. I don't particularly enjoy doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over all day every day.

I think you can actually demo diablo 3 (base game) to level 20 or something for free. Don't bother P940 here (shits so stale yo!)

RMAH was the only reason i played the game.
Earned enough to fund a holiday.

I remember Andy Visage being the only worthwhile one (because it had innate attack speed on an helm). Skorn too with Emeralds in it or was that early RoS? For the life of god I can't remember any other legendary that was not a worthless stat stick in D3, while I can relate to even cheap uniques in D2 and PoE. How fucking low have you fallen when that happens?

I abhored the system and did not used it even once. What where you selling? I guess weapons with nice damage rolls with attack speed and life on-hit or trifecta shit?

pretty much

Wake me up when Necro is released.

Oh wait, it won't be freeā€¦

it also probably won't be good.

Go play Grim Dawn

Because I've played every single class over and over again for years and Crusader has god awful gameplay for some reason.

I tried to pickup the new season but there's no motivation for me to play.

If you want to compete on the ladder you have to play every single class anyways. The only way to get a ladder spot by the end of the season is to autistically grind paragon for 12 hours a day every single day in a 4 man group until the very last few days of the season then go get your free rank 1 spot because you have 3288494388935 more main stat than anyone else.

Grim Dawn is better

Like those times when they just nerfed skills into the ground and then some to shift around the meta.
At some point the meta gets so strong that everything else is completely unusable because it can't keep up with meta, and this is true now especially with the ascension system.

I bet you love screen glare and boiling in your own sweat while hordes of normalfags run around outside whooping like retards and blasting shitty music.