Fantasy strategy games

I barely play any strategy games, so I have a hard time deciding which game to pick. I've been meaning to get into 4x/turn based strategy game with a fantasy setting for quite a while but I'm not sure which I should start with.
I'll probably pick one of the Heroes of Might and Magic series, the Age of Wonders series or Endless Legend, though I'm still open for other suggestions.
Anyone care to help me with this decision?

Endless Legend has a nice feel and is easy to get into..

Rise of Legends is a rather underappreciated one for RTS. In terms of 4x and turned based? Endless Legend.

At first glance, EU4 may seem to depict the real world, but it really represents a Swedish Jew's fantasy.

Looks like I was on the right track. Yeah, I guess I'll just get this. I can always the DLC or the other games if I'm actually enjoying myself.

I heard Total War: Warhammer was pretty good, but I haven't played it yet because I'm waiting to upgrade my potato, there's also Dom 4 and mods for various Total War games, like third age +divide and conquer for Medieval 2: Total War.

Mount and Blade mods are really, really good for this. A lot is low-fantasy, but there are some higher fantasy ones like Phantasy Calradia and Chronicles of Might and Magic.

Depends on what you're looking for. AoW1 and Shadow Magic are the highmarks of that series, first Eador, Disciples 2 or one of the King's Bounty games in addition to EL and HoMM probably fit the bill. Some older stuff like Birthright: The Gorgon's Alliance, the ever great MoM, Lords of Magic, Warlords, Lords of the Realm or Balor: Celtic Tales might work as well.

And I heard you're a dumb faggot.

m/b isn't turn based tho

Age of Wonders 3 is great, too, if you haven't played any other Age of Wonders before and getting nostalgic tears over it.

As a warhammerfag you should be ashamed of the nuhammer and poorly implemented shit in that game, as a twfag you should be pissed off at the draconian measures CA took and is still taking to kill anything resembling modding or the modding community. And as someone with more than half a brain you should know better than to recommend something you only know by hype when there's obvious and extreme dlc kikery involved.

In short - go fuck yourself.

come on, man
somebody make a new dark souls general

Dominions 4

I'm interested in Total Warhammer but I'm not getting it before everything is released as a complete pack. I already hate the way they sell DLC for their other games, the fact that they planned it as a trilogy is even worse. Yeah, I gonna need to get Medieval 2 and Attilla one of these days to, though I guess I might have gotten what seems to be the best one with Shogun 2 already.

Definitely going to add some of those on my to do list. Is King's Bounty good? They always looked like some cheap korean online game to me.
Fuck, I wish I could get into games like that. Looking up some pictures, I looks like a game of endless discovery and adventure but i've thusfare never been able to get into games that look like that, no matter how hard I try.

I have in fact played one of the age of wonder games once, more than a decade ago, at a friends place. But we were just dumb kids and didn't understand anything. i think it was "The Wizard's Throne".

Yeah, I saw those pics already. It does look amazing but not like something I'd want to start with.

Imagine a bunch of slavs adding some shit to Heroes of Might and Magic and then making a ton of spinoffs and you won't be too far off. Some interesting new mechanics like a literal waifu collection/impregnation minigame, some CYOA styled quests and more depending on the specific game.

You could also try King Arthur: The roleplaying-wargame and remove lembas in style.

I can't since I haven't played it but your description does sound good.

Now that looks awesome. Does big, dumb, shiny armors remind me to one of my all time favorite movies. Looking it up, it seems like every game of that series has horrible performance problems and bugs though, is that true?

There's only two games. I can vouch that the first one is toaster friendly and the second is not even about Arthur all that much. There's also the XIII century and the King's Crusade if you're simply looking for TW alternatives.

I meant both games and their DLC. Won't play them yet but I'll keep them in mind for a later time.
For now, I'll try Endless Legend and King's Bounty.

Is that even a 4x game? Pretty sure it ain't turn based anyways.

Ain't 4X
But theres a shallow 4X gamemode component to it besides the RTS.
Pretty fun if you own thr Rise of the Lich King Expansion pack.
**which cost me morr than the fucking game but was still worth it because both of them are extremely rare to find on physical.

I really didn't like Rise of the Lich King. Didn't feel complete to me.