Etrian Odyssey

Now i have never played much of these myself, but ive heard that they are pretty good RPG's overall
Im looking at freeshop on my 3ds and there are a couple different releases of it, and im pretty sure i heard some were worse than the others, does anyone know anything about that?
Also since i didnt see any thread in the catalog so; Etrian Odyssey thread

4 is a good starting place, beginner friendly and less linear, with a decent intro.
1 Untold is a remake that adds new stuff and changes other stuff and is OK, but not as beginner friendly unless you do the story mode which isn't as good the normal mode.
2 Untold is a literal number 2 that exists to sell DLC. Avoid.
Mystery Dungeon is also good, but not as good as Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon if you want to scratch that rogue-like itch. Focuses on party mechanics.

I see, well ill probably start with 4 then and maybe get 2 if i like it, thanks

4 is the best place to start if you can't into dungeon crawlers. It's been streamlined and dumbed down to be about as easy as your typical JRPG. Untold TMG is where you should start if you want the authentic EO experience. Just avoid story mode, at least for your first play through.

Release.
Order.

UNTOLD 3 WHEN
FUCKING 5 ENGLISH RELEASE WHEN
Atlus can go fuck themselves.

3 if you are impatient to play the best one
4 is beginner friendly
Release order if you actually want to see the game improving over the sequels
DO NOT BUY UNTOLD 2, JUST PLAY THE VANILLA VERSION

You should say
Release order if you want to absolutely hate the series and slog through an objectively terrible game, and then play one of the best games in the series.

If you want to play them go
2,3,4,Untold 1, 5
Vanilla 1 is hot garbage

He's already pirating them using freeshop, so he can play EOU2 and the DLC for free if he wants.

Yeah i was gonna say, im not buying anything

Reading this thread it seems I had made a mistake not knowing what i was getting into

That being said EOV never ever.

I expect E3 to be the last moment to announce it. Time to prepare fan translations, then.

I think Fatlus will localise it. It's just disheartening that they only focus on P5 and not this one as well.

ETRIAN ODYSSEY 3 MASTER RACE

3 and 4 are both awesome. The idea of a 4 style ocean map is the only reason why I hold out hope for EOU3.

I doubt it'll be the case, but time will tell, I guess.

post scruffy medic

What's the point of having everything be cute lolis if you can't see them do cute attacks or have cute deaths?

You want 7th Dragon. Similar style, but 3rd person. As of now, only one game remains untranslated. 7th Dragon for the DS has a fan-translation, as does 7th Dragon 2020 for the PSP, 2020-2 is not yet translated yet, but 7th Dragon Code VFD for the 3DS which wraps all of it up got an official translation and is pretty damn fun.

7th Dragon is fun, I love there being a fixed number of Dragons and slowly slaying each one.

Make sure your party is all grills.

V when?

Is this what it truly means to suffer?

So you can imagine them as being as cute as you want them to be. Part of the appeal of a first-person rpg is the ability to fill in the blanks of the visuals with your own characters and story.

Popular series will get full autistic translations to fix a paragraphs worth of questionably translated lines. Less popular ones will languish for years and may never get even a half assed translation. This is the way the world works. Learn moon.

Says you

SHort version is yes EO fans have to suffer
actual reason is the people who made EO for the 3ds decided they didnt want anyone messing with it.
So when you completely decrypt a 3ds game to edit files, where you'd normally find all the files to freely edit, in EO games you fine another encryped folder and while people have been able to open it, editing and putting it back together hasnt been done.
The first person to decrypt just wanted to datamine, so he never really bothered figuring out how to close it again, and only recently with the "release" of Kiriimu has someone picked up the torch.
This is literally the only series that uses this filetype, and its only in 2-3 games.

Inshallah they will have it working soon.

Why all the hate for vanilla EO1? I thought that it was pretty good.

Horrible balance to the point of absurdity. the english version mistranslated several skills. Map design ranges from horrible to pretty okay there are no good ones.
It just reeks of being the first attempt, and coupled with the horrible balance makes it just a bad game

What's not to like? I'd say that it's one of the hardest game in the series. Are you not a masochist user?

It's the easiest game outside of Mystery Dungeon.
Just pick any of the 200 overpowered combos

How is this not bullshit?

It's postgame at that point, stupid shit is the norm

the post game is the only point any of the etrians get difficult in my experience.

2's postgame was probably the worst, especially the final boss if you didn't know the whole day vs night thing

You could always just cheese it with a protector, hexer, and shit ton of axcella. Of course doing it the proper way is always more satisfying.

yeah, but if you farm enough to get all the axcella you need you pretty much went in knowing that strat

Pic related, you compost-fodder. You should always play in release order.

yeah god forbid they actually want people to stick with the series as opposed to burning out at 1 which is an objectively bad game

Would you tell someone to play Devil May Cry 2 before number 3? You fucking trash.

Playing 4 and liking it, but kind of feeling like I'm not doing it right. On the second stratum. What's the best way to approach things? Should I be grinding a lot? Focusing on exploration? Should I be eating food before going into dungeons, or is that not important?

Yes, and 1 before 2 as well.

The only thing objective in this entire thread is how shit your taste is. Furthermore, anyone weeded out because of a series' low point (ignoring how incorrect this is), is nobody worth talking to.

On that note, why don't you gracefully make your exit while you still can? I wouldn't want my peers to be forced to expend effort reading your chittering.

What peers, you're the only person in here saying 1 isn't the low point of the series

No matter how many maggots you align yourself with, in the end all you'll be is a pile of trash. Ignoring that I'm certainly not the only one who feels EO1 is a good game - definitely not the 'low point' - that alone invalidates your incomprehensible argument.

I'll repeat it as many times as necessary to counter your incorrectolyness. EO is a good game. Now begone, gutter-muck. Scurry back to your cucklands.

Why are you saging, and why are you talking like a dumbass, you haven't brought a single thing up about why the game is good, but there's numerous examples for why the games shit.

Well EO2U is, 1 is just outdated.

Mainline, 1U and 2U aren't main series or else we could say Mystery Dungeon

Pic related

I don't need to provide why the game is good, since that isn't my argument. I simply have to prove it's not the low point of the series (ignoring that even that isn't my argument), which is exceedingly easy to do because it's an outright fact. Watch me prove it:

EOU2 exists. There done. Destroyed your pathetic argument with the quickness. Now get back into the dumpster, you fucking retard.

Actually, I can make an argument for why EOU2 isn't the lowpoint.
The balance and actual core gameplay of U2 is leagues above 1's. The re-balance of the dark hunter no longer being some god among men OP and the refinement of the grimoire system to attempt to make the issue of sub classes being overpowered as fuck.
Sure there's DLC, and it's definitely a low point in that regard. However, in terms of the actual game it's better than 1.

But no keep saying how a horrible game is actually good and that DMC2 should be played by anyone

And in all the world, you'd be the only one stupid enough to make said argument. But hey, go ahead and keep shouting at the swirling masses of antipathy. I'm sure if you keep it up, your pathetic argument will miraculously gain ground.

Meanwhile, I'll be over here at the pinnacle of supremacy, watching your fruitless efforts and recommending people form their own opinions on a series by retracing the steps of those who have come before by playing games in their proper chronologically released date.

You're right how could I be so blind, go play DMC2 until the end of days so you can appreciate how not shit 3 is.

Jesus christ, you're a faggot.
And stop talking lick such a pretentious little faggot. You're on fucking Holla Forums, not memeddit.

This fucking jokester said he would make someone play DMC2 before they even touched 3. You can safely mark him as a shitposter and ignore everything he says, you seriously have to try to be that fucking stupid.

Fucking shitters getting btfo by a downboating faggot. Sad!

>God forbid people spend time to form their own opinion. Why, they should just listen and believe everything I say!

And you dare call me Reddit? Both of you trashcans get back to Neogaf.

You, my friend, are a swine.

Hedonist pls go and stay go.

Whatever happened to this monster in the EO I & II artbook?

Play Dungeon Travelers 2 instead.

Is the MC male?

Yes and 100% of the rest of the cast are hot animu grills. So are most of the enemies.

And I assume there's no fucking ntrshit?

There is censorshit, avoid like the plague

Naw just pirate it. If you have a Vita I know you have it for piracy

NTR is a top tier fetish.

plz go back to cracked

Hnngh

God you are a massive faggot.

_,,,_        ,、、,ィ'"ィ'"ー--'ー-- 、、      .r'⌒      ミ、 ヾ;:::::::::.ヽ     ,r'"    ミソ  ,ィツ  ;i:::::::::::i^ヽ    f   `ミ=彡'   ,ィ,,,,:'::::)(::::::::::::. ゙!    (:::.    ̄  ,,>;;r=''''' クフ´``=!:::::リ   、Jミヾ ミ、__,ィヅゝゝ  ´    -'1:::ツ    (   `ー=/ _、、、、、,_  ,、-─レ′     ゝf ,r-、マ ´,ィrか;   f''セ)`' リ     ( | l 仆、!    `´   ゙!   ,|!        `ヾゝ、_、      ..., ,〉  ,l!     Are you frustrated?       )ィ :::ド、    _,,......、、 /       '^1い:F\    ー  /        `^ゴ  \、     /ゥ、         ;'ゝ=-x-''ミ==''彡ヘ、_      __,,、、」ミ,l7/ハ.「>)ノ ン'",、-"^ `''…ーッ,ニy-  ,-‐ゥrイl」[..、-'ヘ_/l|l.i ヒ彡チ、-''^ー--、、_f∠ //_  ハ-─'''''三≡、 -:jjj:`""´. _,ィ'^ミニー-、、、,,,__  ,r'ニ ̄r='''ヽヽ、 lll   ,、-',、-'´c=ヽ`''ァ ,ィ‐-、`:、  ゙!∫`| |   `i | ||| r''"-''" '⌒ヽ_ノ,ノ//  ⊂ノ

Eyepatch Dragoon has the best design.

I like the cute hound. Her hips are splendid. It's a shame that the other female portrait is a old hag. It's like your practical choices for female hounds is cut to just one.

Fucking kill yourself

Oooo, I'll have to save this one. It's rare that I see worthwhile ASCII art.

I actually think it's neat the class has a old lady considering it hasn't been done before.

I'd still tap that.

So what did you name your guild Holla Forums? How creative were you with the names? I sure as hell wasn't creative with some of these names.

Guild: Advenio
Ship: Merry-Go
Airship: Atlanta

EO 1
Protector- Anaise
Landsknecht- JoJo
Medic- Ethan
Alchemist - Jack
Troubador- Penny
Dark Hunter- Esther
Survivalist- Angela, Boss Man, Tarror, Darror, Larror, Korror
Hexer- Tina
Ronin- Setsuna

EO 2
Protector- Leon
Ronin- Joestar
War Magus- Ocho
Gunner- Teri
Hexer- Fran
Landsknecht- Lisa
Medic- Nicole
Alchemist- Richard
Troubador- Carmen
Survivalist- Karen, Tarin, Darin, Laren, Faye, Barren
Dark Hunter- Susie Q
Beast- Junior

EO 3
Hoplite- Rachel
Prince- Reginald
Buccaneer- Carrie
Arbalist- Johnny
Monk- Ranma
Ninja- Masami
Gladiator- Rob
Wildling- Karen
Zodiac- Markovich
Shogun- Naomi
Yggdroid- Mechazawa
Farmers - Hopper, Deppu, Molly, Alice, Heather

Eo 4
Fortress- Sarah
Nightseeker -Trish
Dancer- Koko
Medic- Gabe
Sniper- Sev
Landsknecht- Dante
Runemaster- Minerva
Arcanist- Yukatan

That's great actually, I've just started playing the first one and I'm actually liking it quite a lot. That just means I'm in for even better times when I reach the second one.

Etrian Mystery Dungeon looks pretty cool. I might pick it up when I'm done with 4. How is it?

Etrian Mystery Dungeon is a Mystery Dungeon game.

Bump of nostalgia.

Post rare remixes

Bought 4 from the feedback in the last thread and currently enjoying it due to my turn based combat itch being scratched.
Fuck the dragons dammit just you fuckers wait till i can fight you, im currently in 3rd area the frozen shithole of killer turtles mountains.

Are you flying around behind the dragons, picking up their shit?

but what about fun user?

EO is a fun series

All about that En son. 600 per shiny drop is worth it if you don't get wrecked in the 1st five moves.