Soundtracks

Name one game with a better soundtrack
pro tip you can't
Honestly, every single song in this game is as close to perfection as we may get for a video game. From the soft Song of the Ancients Devola, welcoming you back home after fighting, to the fast paced frenzy of Shadowlord all the way to the atmospheric Shadowlord's Castle Memory. Not a single song was out of place and were utilized to their fullest.

Other urls found in this thread:

psf2.joshw.info/
foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_aopsf
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWYt-P7yJ1k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gimmick
Space Manbou
Wild Arms 5

I like the Nier OST but there are better things out there

NieR: Automata, obviously.

I get your containment thread is dwindling but come on.

Any Armored Core game

Kota Hoshino is a master

I played a puzzle game called star sweep on the ps1 recently and thought the music was bretty gud

YOU ARE MY FUCKING NIGGA

Initial D video game

No one really cares about a game on steam unless it's really hyped or marketed.

Yeah, but even then 5k sales is fucking pathetic and Xanadu deserves better. Maybe it did better on GOG?

I see you are a man of taste. I haven't even touched Nier, yet I love that OST. Emi Evans' voice brings me peace.

Gravity Rush & Gravity Rush 2 and Star Ocean 3 all have pretty great soundtracks.

This track in the opening for Star Ocean 3 is "The Dawn of Wisdom."

checked
feels pretty damn good man.
I really liked the hacked version of A Beautiful Song in particular. Great stuff.

Yasuhisa Watanabe (Yack.) 1/3

Yasuhisa Watanabe (Yack.) 2/3

Yasuhisa Watanabe (Yack.) 3/3

Can you feel the sunshine? Does it brighten up your day? Don't you feel that sometimes, you just need to run away?

You're the one who makes me feel my thigh

The Nier games really have some of the best tracks in vidya.
Although I can't say with confidence it's the OSTOTYAY. There may be a better one I haven't heard yet or can't think of right now.

Hisayoshi Ogura 1/3

Hisayoshi Ogura 2/2

I just remembered Hotline Miami has an amazing OST.

Yosuke Yasui 1/2

Yosuke Yasui 2/2

Tamayo Kawamoto 1/3

Tamayo Kawamoto 2/3

Tamayo Kawamoto 3/3

yes

and my favourite

this whole game nuff said

It's definately top five for me. King's Field, King's Field AC, and FFX111-3 and Morrowind are all up there. Of course, Vice City rules supreme and will likely never be passed.

Are you that fag that wants to marry Lightning

no, I disliked all the characters in the ffxii series. In fact, Hope is the character I dislike the most in decades of gaming. The only things I liked were the contrast of the gameplay styles between the sequels, the enemy designs and drops, and the music was extremely comfy.

*ffxiii

I think Bravely Default has a 10/10 OST. It's a shame the composer for the game didn't return in the sequel.

Yeah, i cant think of a track in the game that i didnt like
And then the sequel comes and all the character themes are just generic, which is sad

Its not an ost because most of the songs are licensed

Yeah, I think there is only a couple of themes I like in Second like the final dungeon theme. The OST is one of the reasons why I prefer Default to the sequel.

Its funny when the best tracks in the game came from the first one

super metroid is pretty much perfection

eh, no.

I believe they were made for the game though, which makes them part of the OST.
It's not like GTA, where it's already existing song being implemented.

Bloodborne, Bayonetta, Danganronpa 1/2, and of course METAL GEAR RISING

but not by a significant margin

Ace Combat

some were, some weren't. hlm2 had more of its songs made specifically for the game. I think there's also an argument to be made if it's not something put together by a dedicated artist or team composing specifically for the game you can get a pretty mixed experience. HLM largely works but stuff like musikk per automatikk does not fit in well.

To me it's a soundtrack with a number of nice songs, but it just would never compare to something like the panzer dragoon games which had a history of amazing composers working on them and working in extremely dedicated situations on the game.

Any game without a dynamic or contextual soundtrack can be dismissed because it literally isn't making use of the medium
Does the first Nier have it?
Automata does and it's amazing like that, because like the rest of the game it takes advantage of its medium.
You can't really enjoy the ost if you just listen to the tracks on yourtube.
FTL, Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates, Nier Automata, XCOM: EU and 2 come to mind.

various Pokemon games too

Not true, but having that dynamism in context greatly bolsters the games. Or having them weaved in appropriately. Once again, Panzer Dragoon is perfect. The way it flows in and out at certain points in levels depending on the action, the route taken, the build up to the stage boss, it's tremendous. The second episode is a perfect example in Panzer Dragoon Zwei. Especially of this. The way your young dragon plods through the valley, blasting down ships and bandits, and as you reach the cliffside the music fades out as Lagi takes a leap off, spreads his weak wings and levels himself out, gliding through the sky softly in silence as the music slowly builds back up and you shortly return to the ground to have blaring horns kick in while you attack the empire's base.

The four I listed here
all do that to some extent as well, with the obvious ones being the ridiculously good cues halfway between MGR and Bloodborne boss fights (RULES OF NATURE and pretty much every Old Hunters boss) but I'd say Danganronpa does it best because of how often it changes in class trials without sounding jarring.

Repository of PS2 rips: psf2.joshw.info/ (wide selection, can't guarantee more obscure titles are available, though)
Plugin you can use in foobar2000 to play this shit: foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_input_aopsf (get foobar2000, you niggers, it's free and fantastic music player) kode54 has other plugins for other game consoles, as well (N64, etc)
Have fun you glorious faggots

NieR and P3:F have INCREDIBLE soundtracks.

Because it's a shit fucking game.
Not only that but fan translation was available for like 10 years before they "officially" released it to the west.
Shit game + shit practice = shit sales.

DOD3's soundtrack is my favourite of Keiichi Okabe's vidya stuff. It's lacking the dynamic element of Automata but the way each of the intoner songs eventually return in the final song is something I love. The final song and Kuroi Uta are also just the two best songs on any of the Nier/DOD OSTs so that definitely helps it along. Really though, anything Keiichi Okabe makes seems to be wonderful.

Still has the best OST ever

Ok

Also this

Done
Fucking newfags

Yakuza 2 has some really good stuff on it.

Checkmate

Yakuza 0 is the first game I've played where I get genuinely hyped during boss intros and a large part of why that is is not only how good its soundtrack is, but also how the music always compliments what's going on. Embed related, the song's minute and a half long build-up coupled with how the cutscene perfectly syncs up with the music at 1:35 gives me chills.

Couple that with how music changes depending on which style you're using and during special moves and you have yourself a winner.

Easy

/thread

Smells like a bunch of weeaboos in here.

plz the PS2 tenchu games had better japanese theme ost2 than muramasa.

but why did they steal?

i'll check em out

This soundtrack was perfect for the setting of the game
shame the controls were so wonky

I find the lack of Ace Combat in this thread disturbing

smh

Agreed.

Agreed, dat atmosphere.

Nice mention.

Muh nigga.
Embed is my personal fav.

There is really no bad tune in this fucking game.

For NieR, this is my election.

Xenoblade chronicles

Some of the OG SRW themes are pretty solid.

too fucking easy

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWYt-P7yJ1k

test0