Original Xbox General

Yo, I've been hunting high and low for a specific homebrew port of the Doom games to the original xbox for a few days now, and I'm unable to find a site still hosting it, it is known as "DoomX", and the latest version of it to be released (as far as i know) is V2.2, the menu looks like pic related. Does any of you niggas know where I can get my hands on this? Also Original Xbox General.

Other urls found in this thread:

eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=search&query=doomx
amazon.co.uk/Neoteck-Aluminum-Converter-Adapter-Composite/dp/B01KHT1OBW/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1492293211&sr=8-15&keywords=rgb to hdmi
1emulation.com/forums/topic/35178-doomx-v22b-and-doom-games/
xbins.org/index.php?action=search&searchtxt=doom&Submit=Search
theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/emulators/fps-retro/
theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/homebrew-games/xbox-homebrew-collection-usa/
mediafire.com/?d8u7jg5g55ueaw9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone know a good way to convert the Xbox RGB input to HDMI? I need it to play Metal Wolf Chaos.

What's special about it compared to other ports?
eurasia.nu/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=search&query=doomx
Could work if you make a throwaway.

Can't just use component?

Nah, my monitor doesn't support it.

Only HDMI.

looking into that site, turns out in order to make an account you need to know an active user who'll give you some code for creating new accounts, so that's out of the question.

RGB or RGB Scart? either way there are converters out there:
amazon.co.uk/Neoteck-Aluminum-Converter-Adapter-Composite/dp/B01KHT1OBW/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1492293211&sr=8-15&keywords=rgb to hdmi

Fucking hell, it's never easy. Xbox-HQ has the same issue. I'll look some more, but seems its another that's fucking lost to downloads.

Yeah just look for a RGB Scart to HDMI converter.

Any recs?

1emulation.com/forums/topic/35178-doomx-v22b-and-doom-games/

also, this version of Doom from what I remember playing was the best on the Xbox int erms of quality, embeded related, appologies for the autist commentary.

aye, thats's what i'm worried has happened, had it on my last xbox as well that's just died.

Checked that site on my searches, both dl links are down, lad.

DAILY REMINDER
YOU WILL BE REMINDED OF THIS EVERY DAY

EVERY
SINGLE
FUCKING
DAY

Was this a recent thing?

Not reupped anywhere it seems. This is shit then.

Every fucking time. It was at least amusing to watch Reddit fucking explode with it.

I think anyone with a brain would fucking explode.

fuck nigga, yet another peice of software lost..

The worst part about it is the toaster he made out of it as well.

Best I got was this, and doesn't show DL shit.
xbins.org/index.php?action=search&searchtxt=doom&Submit=Search

Shame it wasn't mirrored on ISOzone.
theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/emulators/fps-retro/
Also this shit. Doomx is listed, but fuck knows what it is.

Update for anyone wondering, I managed to find a copy of DoomX in this multipack of emulators: theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/homebrew-games/xbox-homebrew-collection-usa/
I shall reupload DoomX on it's own shortly so you lads can give it a go also.

Okay, upload done: mediafire.com/?d8u7jg5g55ueaw9
I do appreciate the help you niggas gave. thanks.

The chip that makes any XBOX output 480i is trash (with 1.6 ones being less terrible), do not fall for the RGB meme and just use component to output 480p. which avoids the issue entirely
As for a converter either grab a lenkeng one if you're a poorfag like me or a framemeister if you can justify it or wait for the OSSC.

Maybe I'm not looking well enough or maybe it's not a good enough game, but from what I've played it's pretty fun.

I heard somewhere that there are PC to Xbox homebrew fanports of games, is it true?

Looks like Crimson Skies plays well on 360

It got ported. Putting inferior versions on charts is a no-no.

Then again, so did munch's

Well, if it's still a good game then I'd say it can go on a chart. You've got some multi-plats in there too that'd be better on PS2 or GameCube.

Quit reminding me.

the idea behind a chart of games is to have a resource for people to know what's worth playing and what's available. Looking up pretty much any game on here, something that will happen if you're checking some of the games out, will show you multiple versions for some of them.

the best versions of games debates are too muddied here, but in short just because a game is available on platform X instead of outdated platform Y doesn't mean platform X has the only version worth playing.

meh its just emulation, they'll just have to wait.

I forgot, what the fuck did he gut it for?

PC gaming

a terrible entry-level gaming PC

Still sad

To be an uber 1337 9< 94\//\/\37 /\/\45737 74

You still need a specific version of MechWarrior to hack it, right? How can I guarantee the one I get off ebay will be right? The last one I bought wasn't right.

Karma/Reddit Cents

black label, not platinum hits. if you are not from the US, splinter cell is the only game that will work (black label)

Any Black label? I don't have to worry about them having different serials or nothing?

can someone give me the rundown

The moral of the story is never trust reddit with anything important.

I have no doubt that Holla Forums would lynch this guy if we had the means to find him

You're both forgetting the most important part: The Hard Drive with all the useful shit for emulation, that he wiped, was 20 Gigs

20 FUCKING GIGS

You could get a 2 TB SSD for a fraction of what an Xbox Dev Kit would likely run you

I regret asking

(Heil'd)
I FUCKING HATE REDDITORS

That's so cancerous, it's actually impressive.

His Dad was the worst offender as he let the son do it. The Dad put it on some dead reddit page trying to sell it a year ago and of course no one saw it and so he thought it was worthless and gave it to his son.

What meme is this and what happened?

never never mind jesus christ. At least he didnt discover the xbox private key and report it to M$.

>MY FUCKING FACE WHEN WE WILL NEVER EVER GET A ORIGINAL XBOX EMULATOR
THANK FOR REMINDING ME THAT HAPPENED
HONESTLY, WHY ARE REDDITORS SUCH MASSIVE FAGGOTS?
Side-note: Does that Xbox360 Emulator play Original Xbox games as well? I remember seeing a video that the Xbox360 Emulator playing JSRF.

Pssst.

impressive, a menu with missing visual effects and incredibly broken sound.

Hell fucking yeah. How is the process of this CXBX going BTW?

This is huge, my passive aggressive friend. Other emulators have gone for years without a single playable game, let alone getting past 5fps on major titles.

It just popped up from nowhere as far as I can't tell. Still rough, but miles ahead of past emulators. Looks promising.

it's been in development since 2003.

I see. Didn't keep up with Xbox emulators much.

Slow, and because of various design choice it won't get good compatibility for a very long time (aka why HLEing a complex system is a shit idea but whatever), still it should help get something going, one thing I know is that if you try a game and it fails on some specific module (DX8 something) that means it won't work until they get an LLE implementation going aka not before a long long time. ninja gaiden black is among those

No it hasn't, unless you count multiple forks by different people with several year hiatus happening regularly to be development.

Found that shit again

ZSNES runs perfectly at least.

Also
It has a garbage Dpad mate, you're better off using a Wii for that kind of stuff

You can use any of the other 6th gen controller on an XBOX though

wew

Casual.

Hitler is the antithesis of what you replied to though.

max wew.

Giving shekels to Microshit is the most bluepilled thing you could ever do.

Also, Hitler hated the globalists/communists.

kek you're retarded

Just don't buy an Xbox Juan and you're good

So close, but you didn't deserve those digits anyways

it's for the best tbqh

for whom?

Original xbox was the best console ever made tied with dreamcast

See

I'd like to see it in action before I get my hopes up.

you can see it in action, just make sure you read the video descriptions. usually has a disclaimer like:
etc.

people who actually play video games

So it's nothing, then.

its novel, like all emulation, but if you know anything about xbox hardware and software, it's not going to be an easy task in the slightest. It's kinda like a PC, but here's the thing - each game has their own unique drivers for the system hardware (some overlap like with renderware games, but…) - emulating each individual game requires emulating the drivers for them too in order to achieve accuracy, meaning the emulation of the graphics hardware, sound, and CPU needs to be fucking pristine down to the registers of the hardware which is largely undocumented especially the nvidia hardware such as the gpu and sound processor. Now throw all the testing involved for just a single game and realize there is over 1000 games.

original xbox emulation isn't just hard, it's absurd. original hardware is cheap, easy to mod to back up load, and you will not be getting a better experience than with the original hardware.

I've got a pretty shitty old television and it doesn't have any screen centering option in the TV menu. Is there one on Unleash X somewhere in the menu, I've tried googling this and etc but i keep getting results for the 360 and the xbone