Indie Games

Lets put together a list of indie-esque vidya thats actually worth mentioning.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mX48y24t9iU
youtube.com/watch?v=pJmtn6JP7Ug
youtube.com/watch?v=vvwpekr93vY
youtube.com/watch?v=-XQuEAUx73E
youtube.com/watch?v=Nv-XCM8sies
youtube.com/watch?v=Kqr0yUuSiTs
youtube.com/watch?v=cklw-Yu3moE
youtube.com/watch?v=L1ZYj2yReBk
youtube.com/watch?v=u_avgU1u6yM
youtube.com/watch?v=SMJQ9awa9M4
youtube.com/watch?v=kxbQy0U92R4
youtube.com/watch?v=UAO2urG23S4
youtube.com/watch?v=QhIk2PqPU3o
youtube.com/watch?v=WX2HGR1owiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nWufEJ1Ava0
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/no-youtube-comments/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

- Bastion
youtube.com/watch?v=mX48y24t9iU

- Transistor
youtube.com/watch?v=pJmtn6JP7Ug

- Zombie Night Terror
youtube.com/watch?v=vvwpekr93vY

It's not a genre or style it's a business model. As for good indies, Banished, KSP, BeamNG, Project Cars and DF.

- Ronin
youtube.com/watch?v=-XQuEAUx73E

Cave Story
Pokemon Prrism

- Hotline Miami
1; youtube.com/watch?v=Nv-XCM8sies
2; youtube.com/watch?v=Kqr0yUuSiTs

Prison Architect

Broforce

Shovel Knight

- Ori and the Blind Forest
youtube.com/watch?v=cklw-Yu3moE

- Child of Light
youtube.com/watch?v=L1ZYj2yReBk

- Crypt Of The Necrodancer
youtube.com/watch?v=u_avgU1u6yM

the only thing indie means is not using a giant publisher.

If you mean creative sure, but thats not exclusive to "indie" titles

stahp nitpicking

- Beat Cop
youtube.com/watch?v=SMJQ9awa9M4

You fucking wish. Transistor's combat system is garbage and is so much worse than Bastion. They tried so hard to not be Bastion that they wound up making a boring game as opposed to a good one.

indie != creative

Wrong on this one too. Ronin has too many small bugs and mechanical issues such as jump arcs not working properly and NG+ being a bore when it's time to fight machine gunners.

I concede, some of these are honorable mentions.. Just trying to populate list~

But muh Aesthetics!? Sometimes the atmosphere is what makes the game..

- Rain World
youtube.com/watch?v=kxbQy0U92R4

Spark the Electric Jester

Shame no one bought it

- Hollow Knight
youtube.com/watch?v=UAO2urG23S4

Normally I'm not one to pull this card. But are you some kind of shill OP?

It was funded by Ubisoft

Ofc i get 10 cents per post…
.. No, i am posting games i've played myself that i feel are in a category of their own or simply had something endearing about it.

Ronin is too flat to run on aesthetics. It's a nice, amateur game, but the dev can do better and showed it when he did make the effort to work out a lot of the bugs at launch. I hope they keep trying.

I'll contribute the best indie game I know. Pic related.

I really enjoyed Stardew Valley.

it's not 2008 friendo, anything that's 'stylish' (read: not using photorealistic 3D environments) is indie

still a p. retarded neologism though

Oh. Well alright then. Forgive me, your posting style just seems similar to a marketet

Just play Harvest Moon

- Sunless Sea
youtube.com/watch?v=QhIk2PqPU3o

..last one i have

You're gonna have a good time.

Not sure if bait.

If that is a game you like and think should be on this list then post a jewtube video detailing the gameplay..
…To argue, go somewhere else.

I'm banned on youtube.
Look it up if you want good indie game in your life.
Bear the loss if you're too lazy.

gote

Yeah really, Risk of Rain should be high up on the list of indie games to play. Have you given Deadbolt a try? I keep meaning to pick it up.

i forgot about that one! Very fun game.
___

- Deadbolt
youtube.com/watch?v=WX2HGR1owiQ

What's wrong with it?

But I'm on a PC and I don't like using emulators.

No I haven't played it. I definitely should.

Starjew? It's filled with SJW propaganda.

Another one i missed.

- Hyper light drifter
youtube.com/watch?v=nWufEJ1Ava0

Like what? Having a nigger be in the game?

There are dykes, there are fags, there is a family with daughter being a child of another man, yet her mother's husband turning blind eye on it etc etc.
It's epitome of SJW indie shit only cucks play it.

That game has some propaganda about muh oppressed races, but it's not as blatant.

no

For shame Holla Forums, that should be your first answer.

Where? Isn't that only apparent if you play the game as a dyke?
Same as above.
The cuck husband is also a store owning kike and has a strained relationship with his wifes daughter. This is called a broken family, if you can even call it a family at all. So any representation of families that aren't ideal is SJW shit?

You are mentally ill.

My condolences.
I just hope that you at least pirated it and didn't give them any money.

Complaining about this is like when SJWs complain about a fictional setting that has sexism even if it's portrayed negatively.

apply yourself OP

Honestly, the fact that corporations are portrayed as perfectly, completely, and totally evil, despite literally improving the community in objective ways, was what killed it for me.

Nope, paid them because I was looking forward to a PC harvest moon for years. It's a good game and some of the characters are okay. Modding is decent, replaces the niggers with whites, lets me pursue the loli and changes the old bat in the trailer into a milf. I'm sorry you're a slave to Holla Forums and see enemies everywhere, user.

?

Never did the Joja route because the community center sounded more interesting in the long run.

Jesus fucking god, if you're so cucked shouldn't you post on 4chan or tumblr instead?

A low of SJWs complained around the time of TW2's release because the sexism/racism is problematic even though the game doesn't try to make them look like a good thing.

fug, meant "A lot"

For future reference, this is a fucking awful thread because you've put no effort into it aside from posting images and youtube links. If you've actually played the games you could describe them, and then explain what makes them good and why, pros/cons, rather than spamming links that makes you look like a paid marketer. Just throwing out a picture of the game and a youtube video not only screams of shill even if you're not, it's incredibly lazy and generally doesn't lead to anything approaching discussion, just people telling you your tastes are shit, instead of:
a) Your tastes are shit
b) Here's why
which could actually lead to something.

"Those Joja guys fixed the bridge."
"Yeah, well, theyre a corporation, so…"
"And they opened the mine again."
"Yeah, well, theyre a corporation, so…"
"And restored the coast…"

and so on. It's fucking infuriating. Everything you can do through the commnity center you can also do through Joja, but because it's Joja doing it it's evil and mean-spirited, despite being the exact same thing.

The information is just there for people that dont know about them.. Jebus, This is why i dont frequent Holla Forums

I'm still confused. Are you comparing that incident to this retard thinking the game is SJW because it doesn't have his ideal representations of families?

Try having some opinions of your own instead of regurgitating shit you got from Holla Forums written by dumbass reactionaries that aren't even actual Holla Forumsocks. You shit up this thread and wasted my time enough.

Nice imgur file name you reddit kiddie. Absolute trash.

That is awful. I can understand I guess, the intro starts out with you abandoning city/corporate life so it's logical for a corporation to be seen as negative in the game. But this is an awful way to do it. Would be better if they made Joja do typical kike tricks to halt your progress if you choose the community center route; while on the flip side have butthurt townfolk protest Joja's efforts and slow them down if you choose the Joja route. That way both options look good and bad no matter what you choose.

Thank fuck you don't, we have enough low-energy OPs flooding in after the crash as it is without you throwing more shit onto the pile.

Yes, a game can show all the gays it wants as long as it isn't pushing a shitty agenda, like gays belong in GTA because it's a depiction of modern society, and they don't try to shove an agenda down your throat since you are free to mow them down or do nothing as they walk by.

More or less recent good indie games:
Brigador
+ Jets'n'Guns feel isometric shooter with nice difficulty and gameplay
- It's just that and it's kinda short
Broforce
+ Great coop platformer, DRM-free, shit's exploding
- Sometimes too much shit exploding, not really bad tho, also pixelshit but gameplay is solid. Not great solo
SteamWorld Heist
+ Worms meet nuCom TB-system minus RNG bullshit, fun, very polished and well made
- ??? Unless you hate the genre it's worth trying
Underrail
+ Much better Fallout spiritual successor than toddshit 3/4, tons of viable builds, stuff to kill and explore, completely awesome oddity XP system
- Dialogues are not that great and endgame marathon isn't good, although unique
Hollow Knight
+ Solid metroidvania
- Unity, stuttering and apparently quite laggy on weaker PCs
Rabi-ribi
+ Very solid platformer with bullethell elements
- pixelshit, but the game is much better than it looks
ICEY
+ Nice platformer, chink narrator and raping of 4th wall
- Short and quite easy
EARTH'S DAWN yes, allcaps
+ Solid and cheesy platformer
- That's it, it's nothing special so recommended if you enjoy the genre
Neon Chrome
+ Roguelite top-down shooter by the guy who made Crimsonland, has nice difficulty
- "unrefined", somewhat short and while fun it's nothing special
Factorio
+ Autistic factory builder simulator, supports higher online than most "MMO"s
- Early access, but it's good even in early access

Then there's stuff like Divnity: OS, Endless series games, EDF 4.1 and some others but not sure if those are indies and any non-retard should already know about these.

Dungeon rats, age of decadence, forced, genital jousting, hatred, layers of fear, lone survivor, project zomboid, unreal world, the swapper, spintires, risk of rain, the polynomial, king arthurs gold, air buccaneers, dark mod, renegade x.
And all without some "art direction" to lead the game, stop shitposting/baiting. Please.

I like the way this guy thinks; lemme crib his style and see what I can add.

Heart&Slash
+ Indie character action game, cool voxel aesthetic and soundtrack
- Unity, rogue-lite, riddled with bugs

Crawl
+ Great local multiplayer, cool asymmetric system between one hero and four monsters
- Pixelshit, why even bother playing solo

Retro City Rampage
+ Fun arcade-y type throwback to classic GTA
- Nostalgia and not a whole lot else

Guacamelee
+ Solid metroidvania, good combat, nice setting and concept, local co-op
- M E M E S

Super House of Dead Ninjas
+ Simple arcade style gameplay
- That's basically all it has going for it

Castle Crashers
+ One of the best beat-em-ups on PC
- Is there even anything wrong with it?

Papers, Please
+ It was a shitty non-game before they became popular, and it does a good job at it
- Still a shitty non-game

Momodora series, particularly Reverie Under the Moonlight
+ Great stories and gameplay
- Short and pixels

The game's ui is so bad, inconsistent, and jarring with the art direction and everything has the classic handholding ubishit garbage. That game blows

the thread would have worth from this small change.

Yessss, good choice. Post best androids.

reddit tier character but has best guns

okay I'll give you that one but the concept is still good.

Oh yeah I think either Markiplier or Game Grumps played that on their Steam Train segment… pretty lulzy

Hell yeah motherfucker!
Peanut best android tho.

I'm a sucker for the combat system in this game, and I like the upgrade system. not worth what the dev asks for it though

Close second after Lemon.

How about posting links to download those games as well OP?

Holy shit that game looks horrible. Shill it somewhere else.

meh, I enjoyed it.

We're this deep into the thread and nobody has posted Iji yet. These are bizarre times. If you're not familiar with Iji, go play Iji. If you are familiar with Iji then you might be interested to know it received a substantial update recently.

What the fuck? When did that happen? That game was around when I was a teenager, and I'm 26.

Got updated to 1.7 a month ago, made non lethal weapons a thing that just knocks out or stuns enemies, and also made pinball count as kills again, changed the non aggression pact in sector 3 to allow touching, and did a couple of other things, including two kill books that you can read that has individual names and ranks for the tasen and komato enemies rather than, say, having to listen to vegetation list, "frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, fly, fly fly, fly, fly, carrot, carrot, carrot, cyclops, jello, jello, goat." Also two new endings that are either killing Tor rather than talking to him after the final battle which leads to the alpha strike going as planned or sparing Iosa on a non or barely lethal run which leads her to discover humility and honor and then helping you in the final battle against Tor and stays behind after the game to help rebuild humanity and ha ha no actually sparing her just lets her kill Iji and Tor after the final battle and get taken away as a military prisoner afterwards.

I tried checking out that game especially since it's on sale today, but holy shit, why is the camera so zoomed in? It's so disorienting.

Nah, fuck no.

Hobbyist is where it's at, where it's made by a one man army and it shows.

Fucking hell I've been missing out, are PS4s still in stock at Amazon?

I shill this shit on here a ton. It's essentially a stealth micro-management squad shooter with TF2's artstyle on steroids. The production quality is pretty amazing tbh. A lot of the levels have shit in the background and are extremely varied, voice acting is good, artstyle is unique (although extremely low poly. I suppose it's like this because they have 4 first-person views on the ogre3d engine of all things), also the story is pretty cool.

You play as the KGB basically. Framing people, breaking into other government facilities to see what they're up to, etc. It's very comical though and done through dark humor. One thing that's cool is, despite the goofy dark humor ontop, you can still break into the archives rooms between missions and steal notes that let you know what's really going on and shit.

The games hard as fuck though. It offers a really unique gameplay style, where you have to micro 4 people through first person. I think this is why it didn't catch on. Personally I would prefer it if more indie games came up with their own thing instead of just trying to remake an old game and fail to live up to it.

forgot to mention. The name is signal ops.

Been playing this quite a bit lately. Its definitely an indie project the core team is only 3 people but they are obviously very talented because the visuals and gameplay are top notch even at a relatively early stage in development.

You can choose your approach to the game you can survive day to day with temporary shelters and rely on stealth, build a massive fortress and slaughter your way to victory or anything in between, its all a viable way to play the game.

If you aren't really into spoopy you can turn the enemies off during the day or even entirely to turn it into a comfy survival/exploration game but personally I'd find it boring that way.

That's because Iji was just an old indie FOTY when freeware was still in the "public eye" (as far as the internet is concerned). The same applies to that old Cave Story total conversion Jenka's Nightmare, which like some TAS speedrunner did and that's it. (see: An Untitled Story)

Why do I have that horrible compulsion to scroll down every time

Theres an app that hides youtube comments entirely

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/no-youtube-comments/

You can be a life-saver sometimes, user

I bet you use filters too you fuck

Fuck off Chrome-bot