What happened to cool announcers in videogames?

What happened to cool announcers in videogames?
The new Quake Announcer sounds like he's on ritalin.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0YjoGMIw3X7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

were you meaning to post one such example as op.webm?

I figured I wouldn't have to. Everyone has played UT before.

You're forgetting you're on reddit

You need to get fucking hanged.

Or I wanted to talk about how bad the Quake Champ announcer is and talk about good ones. Keep doodoo posting user.

Long story short
The Voice Actor's clique
The death of developer voice acting.
It's fucking tragic and, as a worse penalty the Voice Actor clique tends to drive development costs higher than the actual code development.

Sometimes there are rare exceptions.
Like I heard NoA hired furries from outside the clique for breath of the wild.

muh dick

Ya this. The voice actor's guild fucked over games, cartoons, and anime in a big way. There was a big to do about them last year where they were claiming voice actors were being hurt or something and they deserve better rates so it's even worse now with the public support they have.

vocaroo.com/i/s0YjoGMIw3X7

new quake announcer sounds so flat and low. UT and Q3 got their announcers 100% perfect. why stray further from it?

Wrong. They get peanuts for legitimate work.

If anything they deserve higher pay and less hours.

Because gamers don't have to be their audience anymore. Gamers are over

bring back Announcer Jim

Here is your (You)!

developers tend to be the kind of people whore are deathly afraid of doing the same thing twice because the bought a little too deeply into the "surprise is the essence of entertainment" lie and also the fact they're not confident or maybe too lazy to one-up their last work so they just change shit arbitrarily to lower people's standards.

Lords of Magic had a pretty dope announcer

Then what do the programmers deserve schlomo?

Too soon user.

I'm all for trying new things but none of these new announcers even have any echo. UT99's echo was pretty drastic and over-the-top, while Q3 was small but there. Gives the feeling of being in, you know, an arena, with a dude commenting over the loudspeakers.

Quake Champions sounds like you're stuck in a closet with a whispering fatass.

Shame on the pair of you casual Anons.