Recommendations on which pokemon game to emulate?

recommendations on which pokemon game to emulate?
i've been playing fire red for a while now, and after failing to capture articuno, i feel like switching games.

Other urls found in this thread:

artemis251.fobby.net/pkmntcg2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'd say keep at it.

But the "best" depending on who you ask is Emerald, Black/White, or the Gamecube Shadow Pokemon games (Colloseum and Gale of Darkness).

did you use your master ball already?

- HG or SS, depends on your preference
- Emerald
- Platinum
- Black 2 or White 2, depends on your preference
- Sun or Moon, depends on your preference
- Snap
- Colosseum, Gale of Darkness if you liked Colosseum
- Ranger 1 & 2
- Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
- Pokémon Trading Card Game, the vidya

i didn't use it, and from what i'm understanding i should save it for mewtwo or the other legendaries
and i only had about 20 ultraballs that failed, so i ran out of options

are you doing a save-scum free run, or are you just that shit?

well it was save scum free until now, and i don't feel like stopping the trend

Daily reminder that legendaries are:

As far as games go, I don't have much to add beyond the list posted, but here's a full translation patch for Pokemon TCG 2:
artemis251.fobby.net/pkmntcg2/
(Emuparadise's pretranslated copy is an old, incomplete translation; get the original (J) version and patch it yourself.)
Also, don't count on being able to emulate X/Y or OR/AS anytime soon. Citra can technically run X/Y, but you'd need to download a save file that skips past the start of the game (which always crashes), and you'd have to edit all your Pokemon to L100 because it gets stuck every time a Pokemon gains a level. It's apparently been like that for over a year.

fully randomized diamond.
fully

False Swipe until 1HP then put them to sleep and use an Ultra Ball. Oh, and also get good

Just ignore the main line of games and play the spin offs

IVs don't exist in Gen I >inb4 b-b-b-but DVs! and natures don't exist period.
Do retards actually believe this? The past 3 years of VGC have outright allowed most of them and Smogon has legendaries in multiple tiers besides Uber. "Legendary" means nothing in terms of stats and metagame, especially with something like Articuno since it's a fucking Ice/Flying type with meh stats and little movepool.

I caught the three legendary dogs in HG with Quick and Ultra Balls. Git Gud

Daily reminder that you're shit at a game for children.

I wish Lucario was real

HGSS, Platinum, and BW2 are the best pokemon games.

None, it's a garbage series for autistic degenerates.

GEN3 was best gen. Emerald had most features and it will be compatible to your fire red if you want to link your pokemon.

I also liked the colloseum / xd games on gamecube. Sadly there will never be a 3rd game in the series

I remember that thread because I made it

save before the fight, 30+ ultra balls and make sure its paralyzed or asleep. False swipe is good as well but is risky once some of the legendaries use struggle which will kill them if they had 1hp.

They're a pain in the ass but no where near impossible.

Is this real life?

These people are the reason pokemon keeps getting dumbed down instead of adding actual depth. If adults can't figure out these mechanics, how can gamefreak expect children to?

Heart Gold has my favorite gimmick.
The Pokemon in your first slot gets out of their ball and follows you around. You can even turn around and talk to them.
Why even be a Pokemon trainer if you can't go on adventures with your Pokemon?

I will never understand why you retards keep frothing over this feature.

Saying it's a gimmick isn't exactly slavering all over Gamefreak's cock you mong. If they HAD given Pokemon their own lines it would have been more of an actual feature.

Your post pissed me off, because It's true.
Fuck, Pokemon sucks.
I do hear kids are getting smarter this generation though, they're also becoming more conservative.

Why do you repeat the same statement twice?

I don't have all the time like I used to because of my god damn mother fucking job
>current year +2
>having a job
>not living off of the welfare state like God Lord Obama had planned after rounding up all cis-white males into Obummer Camps

I never asked for this.

Actually that begs the question: Is there a randomization mod that also randomizes the items you find on the ground?

inb4 OP wasted his Master Ball and can't catch youtube

Fuck I mean Mewtwo, fucking autocorrect

how could you have made that thread when I did?

I really, seriously, actually hope you kill yourself for real.

WHERE IS MY POKEMON RPG/DATING SIM, NINTENDO?

Way to waste trips, you phone using piece of shit.

Anything after Emerald is absolutely terrible (aside from HG/SS which is average).

Don't you fucking start this

I'm the one who made it, actually. Don't take credit for what you didn't do.

liar liar pants on fire

more? image searching doesn't works

yiff in hell

The fuck are you talking about? I caught every legendary since gen 4 with a pokeball only.

who said anything about pokephilia?

almost as bad

I wanna fug that horse loli

that's a dude and a woman, get your shit straight

yes, hapu is best eyebrow loli, would blow thick loads in her brown cunny

Heart Gold or Soul Silver. Get a romhack if you want.

Is there a hack thats pretty much vanilla but has everything from both versions?

Perfect Heart / Soul Silver

Hapu is the only good thing to come out of sun/moon

HGSS golden edition.

Git good

Pokemon Adventures: Red edition

It's a romhack.
I'm pretty sure you asked this earlier so I'm not sure why you've gotta ask again.

I think that 25th post already sorta happened. Here.

mite b cool

Caught all of them that I have in the standard red Pokeball. That includes the catch rate 3 ones. Get gud.

Synchronize ability for the nature (or just save and reset). 3 guaranteed perfect IV's and you can Hyper Train the others.

It varies depending on the specific legendary.

You get 900 spaces.

Or completion. Gotta catch 'em all and whatnot.

I've played the Gen 1 games, Y, and Moon. I'm playing Alpha Sapphire currently. Based on that

Sun/Moon is good, highly reccomend.
X/Y is shit. It has good mon selection if that appeals to you.
Not finished with it yet, but I've enjoyed Alpha Sapphire so far. Though Magma (or Aqua in Omega Ruby) doesn't get much focus, the two competing enemy teams dynamic does make things a little more interesting.

If he enjoys early Pokemon; G7 will likely be beyond shit to him. Hell, all the 3DS games are by far the worst Pokemon games which sucks since I was hoping G6 was just them getting used to 3D.