Fucken Terraria thread v108,958.73

Old bois edition.
Mostly I'm making this to request the slime shota picture.

Anyone have that? I found an archived thread with it posted, but the images weren't saved so I couldn't get it.

Grindy, exhausted game. Are there mods for this thing? When's the new one coming out?

what is a closest thing to a "3d terraria"?

There are definitely mods, pretty extensive ones.

Terraria Otherworld got fucked so they're redoing it with a new team.

Minecraft with a custom made modpack. Don't even bother looking at premade modpacks because they're all shit.

minecraft with thaumcraft really

I hated the artstyle of otherworld from the beginning, shit was super ugly.

Thaumcraft is rad.

tbh full fantasy setting or nothing at all

Unique artifacts
Immersive engineering
Roguelike dungeons
Twilight forest
Deadly world
Smart moving
Ars Magica
Genns gases
Gravestone mod
Special mobs
Bibliocraft

There's plenty of mods that can improve the experience a lot, it can turn into a completely different game. You just need to be careful not to get the shitter mods that add "put ore into this easily craftable special furnace for free shit" and jetpacks and infinite storage and other shit that just trivializes the whole game with barely any effort, and feels like completely soulless in the process.

Thaumcraft is kind of one of a kind mod, nothing is quite as well thought out and reasonable and interesting. Twilight forest is probably the closest in quality although it's completely different.

what I don't get with sci if survival crafting games is that it never feels like it's futuristic as you're always just digging in the dirt doing peasant work, why can't they make a sci if survival craftan gayme that's not set on a crashedlanding or exploring with nothing

I noticed your list is missing Botania, which has at least one item from Terraria

Sky Factory was pretty neat. Least I thought it was, anyway.

DQ Builders has a Terraria like vibe to it.

I wish I could hate botania, because the mod author is one of those "I'm whatever gender I feel like" people, but it's just so fucking good I can't hate the mod.

Still hate the author though.

God damn good choice my nigger.

I really liked Industrialcraft, Buildcraft and Redpower together, but that was 3 years ago. All those mods have gone to shit, I haven't even touched the game in more than 2 years. Those were some good comfy times, playing Minecraft without those
FUCKING COMMAND BLOCKS

That's okay if you have a special kind of autism. It's specially made for those autistic machine mods and it does a pretty good job at it, but it's very far from anything Terraria-like.

The spirit of those mods never really went away though. You can basically replace all of those mods with other, newer, mods. It's not perfect, but with the right combo you basically get the same experience.

Anyone volunteering to host a modded MC server? It could be comfy.

I like that this Terraria / request thread turned into a minecraft thread.

You are a god amongst autists.

I think the problem with the newer mods is that they're going too far. They're making things too easy, too advanced, it goes against the spirit of minecraft.

Industrialcraft wires had different voltages and wire levels, machines could explode, and the functionality was fairly basic. Gregtech was basically a massive expansion to that which added very powerful machines but they were damn expensive and complicated to build and operate with the tools you had at the time.

Buildcraft pipes showed the items inside them, you had pipes to add speed, pipes for making things go certain directions, liquid pipes and pumps for liquids, engines to push items forward, and logic gates to make them do special things.

Now with the new mods you just plop down a machine, connect it with X wire and can configure it to do anything. Sometimes the wires even transport power and items and everything at once. Furtnermore the graphics are often black futuristic shit that doesn't fit the rest of the world in any way. It completely lacks the charm that the mods of industrialcraft days had in my opinion. Immersive engineering IMO does the best job at preserving the proper feeling of building machines.

I think Terraria is played and discussed to death, and there isn't anything new to talk about either.

It wasn't really a response to terraria-likes but more to premade packs being shit normally. Mostly into SF for HarvestCraft and Botania, though tinkers is fun to dick with, made a big ass dwarven tier foundry with it.

what's there more to talk about with terraria?

I used to follow a certain youtuber for his comfy playthroughs/worldbuiling, but the latest seasons have been like this: Ep1-5: gathering resources, Ep: 6-10: using nifty mechanics and witty solutions to solve problems, and episode 11 and up: "We'll just use this block here crafted by our auto-crafting machine and boom there you have infinite resources and a single machine or item for every problem in the game."
I really liked the way Buildcraft was going, using REALLY expensive materials to create something decently powerful, but since the dev stopped working on it, it got replaced by one hundred other mods. Steve's carts with Railcraft was fun as hell as well. Equivalent Exchange had potential as well, but the author dropped it.

Welcome to Holla Forums.

I've been playing Minecraft since beta 1.7 (maybe earlier I cant really remember) and subsequently mods since before they were even reasonable to think about getting in your game. I bring this up because I have ALWAYS loathed how IC2 did its shit, and gregtech is overconvoluted trash for the sake of extending content life and being overconvoluted trash. I'll agree that it would be nice if newer mods made things more difficult, but good riddance to shit exploding because you're working on a build at 3 am and you accidentally forget to give something a transformer, wasting resources and time.

I've always liked buildcraft, and redpower when that came around, for those facts, but I don't miss the lag all those visible objects created. Thermal Expansion does a decent job of being similar I guess I'd have to mention. The only thing I miss was old autocrafting via logistic pipes. I spent many an autistic hour perfectly designing systems to run with gates and logic and all that junk so that nothing was wasted and nothing fell out onto the ground.

As far as aesthetics go, I have to agree that most mods don't have enough things that look "minecraft" anymore like IC did. I also agree that Immersive Engineering was going the right direction the last I checked.

I wish I could say I could guess the youtuber, but really that's basically how all series go these days. There's a few rare ones out there that cut out the stupid shit like 1-5, and they play to have fun so they dont just jump to 11 and up that quick.

The problem with the idea that one mod uses these really hard to make things is that some other mod probably does that but 100X easier already, and why should you go the hard route and torture yourself. It basically lowers all mods to the lowest common denominator, but I don't see how you could fix that from a mod author perspective. It's just too accessible compared to the old days. You're not forced to use a tough/shitty method because tech mod #44356 does it smoother and 100 times easier.

You can most certainly guess him. Here are a few hints:

Etho?

Alright I figured. I had to stop watching him for the exact same reasons you mentioned. Every "season" he just repeats the content almost verbatim.

anyone try the thorium mod? or is there any mod that adds a shit ton all over the game.

The only let's player I can tolerate these days. I like how he tries to build things to be fun and creative instead of efficient.

I too have taken a liking to Etho, especially since he's doing that Kappa mode skyblock thing right now.

The first few were fine, because the modpacks constantly changed and were updated nearly every day.

Nope, there was a reason I did not watch him, I can't remember exactly what it was, but I had a good reason. I think it had something to do with him teaming up or affiliating with someone I hated.

Also, look what I found quickly scanning through his channel to find that reason:

I remember way back before Minecraft got big and was still in alpha the two youtubers who introduced me to it were paulsoarezjr and a guy who I think was just called x. They were both pretty chill and paul did loads of easy little tutorials mixed with base builiding for the game while x did more of a typical let's play type deal. It's so weird how different youtube just a few years ago.

Are there anons here that watch minecraft let's plays?

I think the first person I really watched back in the day was Coestar, but I'm prety sure paul and that x guy were some of the original minecraft youtubers

Is this a jojo reference?

Also, I just saw that there is an actual Minecraft thread up. Migrate maybe?

any interior designer got any ideas what to do with my comfy house?

nah

Whoops, I meant
Didn't read it yet.

x's adventures is minecraft was super fucking comfy. Prolly just nostalgia, though.
It really was a different time. People played the fucking game and showed shit instead of making retarded, asinine remarks, childish lul eggs dee jokes or screaming in the mic.

That's not a person though, it's just an NPC, he was playing around with them.

Fuck yeah, Etho's great, he's so innocent and cute, and he just does cool stuff.

Add a bunch of the lizard statues, to represent the reptilian overlords.