Resident Evil 7

Was I supposed to be this fucking bored with this game? I thought that there might be something wrong with me for disliking this game but honestly I feel that it fails both as a game and as a movie wannabe. Barely any gameplay and not a single moment was actually scary, the story was garbage and just rehashed 70s horror movie tropes which goes to yet againg show that most big budget videogames are just shitty movies with some crappy gameplay slapped on. Did I mention just how poorly optimized it was? Or the endless cutscenes, slow as fuck character movement, barebones combat and all the fucking walking. Thankfully I didn't pay for it.

They completely missed the point of RE, so yea…

It was even good tbh

Resident Evil was never a horror game. It was a zombie survival shooter about managing your inventory right to be prepared for anything.
Try Outlast, Dead Space, Fear, Amnesia or Alien: Isolation instead. They will be more of your deal i guess.

Did you tried to play it in a fucking VR or you are that weak?

I liked it.
Going to buy it when it goes on sale. Shoot me nigger.

If I could, believe me, I would.

No, just plain ol' 1080p60,

Well it doesn't happen with all games, i played lots of STALKER for example, so the blame is on the game

Well, it does have lots of post processing effects, i remember turning them all off.

The biggest problem was the monster design. The mold look too goofy to actually be scary or feel like an animalistic threat. The people who follow you around and stalk you talk to much to seem menacing or invoke uncanny valley

It's like if a kid wrote Texas Chainsaw Massacre and then slapped some "gameplay" on it.

Exactly

Pretty sure the problem is with you bud.

it's a shitty redneck found footage slasher with super-tiny fov, 3 enemy types and a horrible desaturation colorfilter. its a really shitty overblown vr-gimmick game demo.

Indeed. Mold looks like jelly, and everything "scary" is made of it. Its like i was playing UE3 game.

The biggest problem is when the game goes past Shit Goes South in Dixie. The main hook is the crazed southern family and the dilapidated houses, and the third part of the game has nearly nothing to do with them.

the story is a total clusterfuck to put it mildly. The "mold" is not an interesting enemy. I think the problem with the gameplay itself is that it can't decide if it wants to be an amnesia style game or a bad FPS. It wasn't a resident evil game in any traditional sense. RE5 was better than this shit and that game jumped the retard shark like 30 times. Resident evil should be what this user said>>12340328
Resident Evil wasn't scary unless you were like 5-6 playing through the old PS1 classics. It's mostly a game about inventory management, planning for future monster encounters, and attaining satisfying firing power. The only thing "Resident Evil" about resident evil 5 is the lack of ammo which is more of an annoyance than anything. The way the older games handled ammo management was just better paced than this.

[(((Pure Coincidences))) Intensify]

I've been found out, what will I do without my Capcom(tm) shillbux now?

You obviously didn't play it in VR I'd bet.

RE7 is fucking garbage, some casual faggots here defend it with their lives tough

Why the fuck would I buy a fucking VR set to play this shit? How would that change the cookie-cutter horror?

bump

Someone please tell me this is bait.

Kill yourself, and if you don't have the balls to do that then at least get the fuck off this board and never come back.

Yeah. Seeing those drops in frames, lower visual graphics and being able to see your chopped-off floating hands is the way to be immersed in the game.

DS1 is horror, 2 and 3 are action-shooters with body horror chucked in to the mix.

Obvious paid shills, almost all of them. Up to two weeks since RE7's release it was impossible to hold any sincere discussion about this game in any thread that mentioned it.

After CPY cracked it, it was pretty impressive how quickly the shills disbanded like roaches (obviously were given new assignments - though some still remain like a few faggots in this thread show, probably tasked to defend any Capcom product). Suddenly it was possible to have meaningful discussions about the game and everyone agree that it's shit or a mediocre game at best.

Paid shilling and astroturfing are going to kill the internet in a few years, I tell you. Shit always existed since the BBS days but it's getting way over the line since a few years ago

That would explain why I felt that some anons here tried way to hard to defend the game. Even if someone here did actually like the game, that someone has to admit that the game obviously didn't started as a Resident Evil title hell it's barely a resident evil title in the final version, just dropping some names and characters here and there in the fucking final it's not justification enough to say that it belongs to the series less that is a direct continuation of it.

The more you force yourself to endure motion sickness, the more you adapt until you become immune to it. Harden the fuck up before you become the problem.

That aside, the game was trash so you didn't miss much.

The usual YouTube fagtards love it, which should tell you enough about who the game is aimed at.

I honestly would have preferred it as a 90 minute cheap horror movie

This is really autistic, but it bothered me too.
The demo looked a little better in that regard

They tried too hard and their writing was too obvious. The only thing that surprised me was how the shilling wasn't being called out by a lot of other anons these days, because it was so obvious it was ridiculous, at least to me. Shows how much Holla Forums has fallen. The way they disbanded after the game was cracked was the final proof my suspicion was right.

And you're right about the game. I actually liked it a little bit. Not worth buying for even 10 bucks, but worth a pirate if you're bored. My main problem with it was that it's too short

I wouldn't say that I mean there was no point on doing that, I was in many of those RE7 threads and most of those just consisted in people saying explaining why the game was shit while the others went "y-you don't like it because you're a nostalgiafag!" There was no point to explain to same 3 retards why they where wrong, so people just ignore it.

That's the thing, the game was just not well marketed. It was pretty obvious that it wasn't a RE yet they insisted that it was a "returning to their roots", it would have worked more as his own series being basically "outlast but with guns" and it would be a bonus because you could do more that just running and hidding.
I still don't know why they decided to change that, but the mere fact that one fucking DLC has more relation with RE than the game itself proves that it didn't happen until way too later in the development.

In the threads I've been it was much worse than that. Some could have been the same people switching ids, but some threads had up to more than 20 different ids shilling the game hard. They kept flooding the threads with positive comments or attacking criticism until it reached bumplock, especially if there were people trying to criticize the game.

That was the main problem. Capcom could've marketed it as Resident Evil, but as a spin off and not the main series. Could have been Revelations 3, or Dead Aim 2 / Gun Survivor 5, or something.

Is there any way to disable this shit? Not like it would make the game less shit.

disable what? scripted events?

What's this guys name?

Checked.

Take that back, you nigger. RE5 was fucking atrocious.

I appreciate your pic.

Talking about

AJ Styles
He was informed that he was popular among the gay community during a radio interview and he was taken aback because he is a good christian white man.
There's an audio clip of him saying THE GAY COMMUNITY?! and I guess it really pisses shitlib wrestling fans off.

i see you've got your VPN working again